Boot "season"?

p1ng74

It's a little late in the year to discover a cool pair of cargo shorts, but it's still not cold here yet.  That just means more time to show off the boots.  I like the details on these shorts, plus it has 7 pockets! 

IMG_3633x.jpg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I’ve a lovely new pair of OTK boots, buttery soft leather, ankle zips, the tops reaching to just above the knees, and with block heels of about two inches - not much by the standards of people here but just perfect for my style.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Was happy to see it was "boot season" in Austin the other day.  I was having a drink when I saw a group of guys walk by.  One tall fellow had an amazing pair of ankle boots, with pointed toes and 4" block heels.  I didn't want to miss the opportunity to compliment him, so I set off behind the group in an effort to catch up.  Fortunately, they stopped to wait in a club line so I was able to catch up.  Did my best not to appear "creepy", but complimented his great boots saying he looked amazing in them.  The fellow nicely replied "thank you very much".  Hoping I didn't make him feel uneasy, do my best not to be "creepy", in spite of my years.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Was happy to see it was "boot season" in Austin the other day.  I was having a drink when I saw a group of guys walk by.  One tall fellow had an amazing pair of ankle boots, with pointed toes and 4" block heels.  I didn't want to miss the opportunity to compliment him, so I set off behind the group in an effort to catch up.  Fortunately, they stopped to wait in a club line so I was able to catch up.  Did my best not to appear "creepy", but complimented his great boots saying he looked amazing in them.  The fellow nicely replied "thank you very much".  Hoping I didn't make him feel uneasy, do my best not to be "creepy", in spite of my years.  

Nice!  After the pandemic I am seeing more guys wearing more adventuresome footwear.  I was at the Apple Store in Austin one day and one of the employees was wearing leather ankle boots with pointed toes, and what looked to be almost 3" block heels.  Apple Store employees pretty much have a uniform, so footwear is where the self-expression is at!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Nice!  After the pandemic I am seeing more guys wearing more adventuresome footwear.  I was at the Apple Store in Austin one day and one of the employees was wearing leather ankle boots with pointed toes, and what looked to be almost 3" block heels.  Apple Store employees pretty much have a uniform, so footwear is where the self-expression is at!  

Gee, even I would venture into the Apple store if I saw that fellow from outside.  Usually, brick and mortar landline types like me aren't welcome in such establishments.

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Gee, even I would venture into the Apple store if I saw that fellow from outside.  Usually, brick and mortar landline types like me aren't welcome in such establishments.

Don, please don't tell me you get stopped by the "No Boomer" sign.😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Great looking outfit, but can' really see due to the shade in the picture.  

Yeah I felt like I was fighting the high noon sun.  Usually standing in the open sun provides the best light, but when it comes from straight above nothing seemed to work.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I felt like I was fighting the high noon sun.  Usually standing in the open sun provides the best light, but when it comes from straight above nothing seemed to work.  

I know we've all been there as photographers of all skill levels. It still amazes me that, even with all of our modern technology, we cannot match the sophistication of the human eye, or perhaps really it's the human brain, or a combination of the two. I'm sure that in person, I would have no problem making out the details, even with that bright background.

My phone is on its way out, so the pictures aren't the best.  But, the levis 512s seem to fit inside those thrift store ankle boots pretty well.  Can't wait to get home and pick up my new nine west knee boots!

IMG_1244

IMG_1241

IMG_1235

Have enjoyed wearing the levis tucked inside going to Home Depot and Lowes.  

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost always boot season in my world. Yesterday was a cooler day with temps under 80 F, so I decided it was time to wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stilettos to work.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...