Boot "season"?

p1ng74

On 9/15/2020 at 5:09 AM, mlroseplant said:

In any case, I would never have imagined that anyone would buy Carhartts for their fashion. 

I finally found some of those references I remembered of Carhartts in fashion:

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/mens-overalls-are-back-thank-you-chris-pine

It's still too hot here for me to be running around in overalls, but I tried them this way around the ranch and it's not too bad!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like boot season. I’m practically living in my grey suede otk boots these days - although, being suede I don’t wear them out in wet weather. Even sitting writing at my desk in these damp and chilly days, they are wonderful. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It might be a little too wet for the suede boots today, but that didn't stop me from taking a picture:

spacer.png

Love those black boots, look great with the shorts and your nice long legs.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Safari shirts are great for changing weather this time of year.  I like how all the buttons of the shirt work to roll up the sleeves:

spacer.png

I know I have had a time deciding what to wear these past few weeks, weather-wise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t make a special point of drawing attention to my boots on facebook, but when I posted this one of my adventure last night I didn’t exactly hide them:

spacer.png

My boots with 3.5” heels have made appearances on my feed but I am pretty sure this is the first time the ones with 4” heels have shown up.  I wasn’t dressing up for any occasion here, I just threw the boots on to finish the job of moving him across the road, but some of my friends made comments about my outfit lol.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I don’t make a special point of drawing attention to my boots on facebook, but when I posted this one of my adventure last night I didn’t exactly hide them:

spacer.png

My boots with 3.5” heels have made appearances on my feed but I am pretty sure this is the first time the ones with 4” heels have shown up.  I wasn’t dressing up for any occasion here, I just threw the boots on to finish the job of moving him across the road, but some of my friends made comments about my outfit lol.  

Killing the varmint with that size of a cannon doesn't leave much to eat on it.  

1 hour ago, 5150PLB1 said:

Killing the varmint with that size of a cannon doesn't leave much to eat on it.  

Some of these big raccoons are pretty tough, I’ve seen some waddle a bit after a .22LR hit.  9x19 always drops them upon impact.  

Edited by p1ng74

22 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

spacer.png

Great combination for sure

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve pretty much lived in hiking boots all my life so it has always been boot season for me, year round. Other than the shoes I wear for cycling I don’t own any shoes. As far as heels go, I see my chunky heeled ankle and knee boots as racier, more daring versions of the hiking boots I’ve worn for decades. 

• Like 2

Helen - a very short skirt or shorts with knee high boots is a fun look. You can still wear nylon.  I just can't find a photo with that combo or I would post it, I know I have at least one.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Helen - a very short skirt or shorts with knee high boots is a fun look. You can still wear nylon.

You mean like that? But it was cold then ..... 😈

412049398_P1010377a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.08bf4ed0507315f1ecfb80e216c42516.JPG

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

2 hours ago, Isolathor said:

You mean like that? But it was cold then ..... 😈

412049398_P1010377a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.08bf4ed0507315f1ecfb80e216c42516.JPG

No, the skirt or dress and coat is way too long.😇

Edited by Cali