Boot "season"?

p1ng74

Had a hard time passing up these boots at the store - walked out with two pairs:

In other news, I am attending a formal event this weekend - have the boots with 3.5" heels ready to go:

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, bambam said:

Can't believe how hot SoCal is right now...

sure hope you are safe buddy....D

54 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Had a hard time passing up these boots at the store - walked out with two pairs:

In other news, I am attending a formal event this weekend - have the boots with 3.5" heels ready to go:

You will be the hit of the affair for sure!

Yes, safe. Actually got a call from Cal Fire asking if I was interested in flying for them. Had to tell them I'm nowhere near my commercial ticket yet, much less low altitude stuff. Cool idea though...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I finally got a pair of Frontier Classic trousers that I’ve been eyeing for some time, but the legs taper and look a little weird over boots so I tucked them in when I took a photo.  With the boots in full show, I decided to throw the picture up on reddit.  It’s a pretty basic outfit but it managed to stir up a bit of discussion lol.  

• Like 3

It's been a while since we've heard from you! Sometimes the simple outfits are the best. Again, I think you have managed to create some interest where maybe there wasn't before. I rather like the look. I hope you are having a great holiday season!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Cali said:

What clan is that kilt from?:giggle:

Funny you should mention that, as I was in a Scottish store last week and found the tartan for my mother-in-law’s clan.  I resisted the urge the order a kilt without asking my wife first and settled for a necktie instead, and got her a leather keychain with the clan’s crest.  

Wearing knee-high lace-up vintage motorcycling boots on assignment here in the jungly hills of South America in the rainy season. Aside from great protection in the mud, and keeping my trousers clean, I’m the only one in the party not getting chigger bites on his ankles. And the boots look cool when I come back into town. Gotta love ‘em

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Had to take a quick picture of the new custom boots that were finished and picked up today.  The heels aren’t quite 4” but I think they make a bit of a statement beyond what men usually wear:  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

I'm baffled - have I already pushed it too far with this pair of boots?  I posted these 2 pictures up on a Custom Cowboy Boots group that I had enjoyed, and I was mysteriously kicked out of the group with absolutely no explanation.  Crazy times we are in.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

????, not aware of this group your talking about. Cowboy boots? Too right wing possibly to accept your fancy boots?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think you're on the right track and it extends beyond right wingers - guess it's time to move on.  I have been in that group as long as I have been at HHP, and it is very well known that some of the members live and work near me - this is basically cowboy boot country.  But in the entire time only one person has expressed any desire to meet or have any kind of friendship.  Guess I wasn't good enough for them.  On the other hand, the HHP community is spread across the entire world, and yet I have managed to meet two people here in person.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I'm baffled - have I already pushed it too far with this pair of boots?  I posted these 2 pictures up on a Custom Cowboy Boots group that I had enjoyed, and I was mysteriously kicked out of the group with absolutely no explanation.  Crazy times we are in.  

Wow, those boots are gorgeous, and i said exactly the same when you posted them on Instagram, i love the boots and i love the way you’ve styled them and don’t let anyone put you off wearing what you like and how you like 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

On the other hand, the HHP community is spread across the entire world, and yet I have managed to meet two people here in person.  

HHP is a great community, but it's membership is extremely small relative to the size of the world. I have directly met up with 2 of its members in all the time I've been here. People are extremely busy and most of us have limited time off making meet ups that would require real travel difficult. There used to be world heel meets, don't hear about those anymore, but I've contributed to there demise myself hsving never attended any, budget of time and money simply didn't allow it.

What cowboy boot group are you referring to, if you don't mind me asking?  Would be interested in knowing if I am a member or have seen the group before.   I dunno, sounds like a case of insecurity on the moderators part....Making stupid assumptions, worried about his sexuality, etc....

13 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I sometimes forget that I am used to seeing certain things. Evidently most people are not. I'm still trying to figure out what is the least bit unusual about those pictures that would get you kicked out of a cowboy boot group.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I sometimes forget that I am used to seeing certain things. Evidently most people are not. I'm still trying to figure out what is the least bit unusual about those pictures that would get you kicked out of a cowboy boot group.

Since they didn't even have the courtesy of sending me a note to explain anything, I guess I will never know.  I figured if I missed something you folks would point it out.  It was a somewhat small and exclusionary group that only talked about making and collecting custom and vintage boots.  I admit I enjoyed the constant feed of pictures of custom boots, and I actually took inspiration from them in designing this pair that I just got.  Perhaps that is why it hurt a little.  I should just assume now that it was probably some misunderstanding.  We did have some problems with Asian spam in the past, and they may have taken one look at my name and booted me lol.  Though everyone living around here takes one look at my pictures and immediately knows from the live oak trees that I am in central Texas, so I dunno.  

• Like 1