Boot "season"?

p1ng74

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Time to branch out a bit @p1ng74 and explore other shades.  Like, tan, little brown, chestnut, red, white, .... They wont be as hot as those black boots.

Next pair of boots will definitely be mostly brown.  Will have to wait until Christmas sale though... 

25 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Next pair of boots will definitely be mostly brown.  Will have to wait until Christmas sale though... 

Would love to go boot shopping with you someday in Austin....

18 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It’s getting kind of warm though - I’ll go casual but you can’t get me out of boots:

Meanwhile, I couldn't help but notice that boots with shorts seemed to be a theme for Raf Simons today:

https://nowfashion.com/raf-simons-menswear-spring-summer-2020-paris-27800

Although I'm not a big fan of shorts with boots, your outfit looks better than any of the sloppiness presented in the Raf Simons link you posted. Them boys don't look bad, they just need to get some clothes that fit them!

8 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Sounds like that will give new meaning to the phrase "Slower than Christmas."

• Thanks 1

It’s been a few days now, and my wife volunteered feedback on my new boots with 3.5” heels today.  Interestingly, she didn’t like how steep the underslung angle is, but is fine with the height.  She said they look like men’s shoes and is happy with that part.  Will have to try a different shape heel in the next pair of boots!

1 hour ago, Cali said:

More like capris. I like my shorts short.

You are at the right place at the right time - men’s shorts have gotten so short now that I can’t tell the difference between what they sell in the men’s vs women’s section.  My son calls them booty shorts lol.  Not sure if I can make booty shorts work as part of boot season.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Loving those boots!

Thanks!  I am really happy with them.  They have the high heel feeling to them, it doesn’t upset my wife, and they fit perfectly like custom shoes should.  I was at the store out in the country here today and an older lady asked me about the heels and liked them.  I think they are different enough from anything you’d find off the shelf that there is no association with anything negative.  It’s a pretty fresh design for anyone who actually notices.  

Meanwhile, on the old topic of neckties, I tried something different with them today...

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Be careful you don't get oil on them! 

(As a wearer of suede boots I am always paranoid about such things.)

Thanks for the reminder - now I remember it’s time to treat this pair with a coat of cream soon too.  

9 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Are you actually having to assemble that outdoors? I've seen it done, but it's a bitch keeping everything clean.

Yeah I’ve done it before and couldn’t be bothered to push the car into the garage.  Plus it is really hot and stale in the garage right now.  I blow out the important stuff with compressed air just in case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I’ve done it before and couldn’t be bothered to push the car into the garage.  Plus it is really hot and stale in the garage right now.  I blow out the important stuff with compressed air just in case.

I've never actually done any major engine work outside, but pretty much everything else gets done outside because my garage is filled up with old 2 stroke Lawn-Boys. I have a similar problem with them that I do with shoes. BTW, I hate to disappoint, but I do all my auto work in ratty old tennis shoes! I am glad to see you wearing hand protection, though. Let us know how the project progresses! We've actually got quite a few gearheads on here.

• Like 1

I see you are going for a fully synthetic engine oil (mobile 1) is that normal for outboard engines, I myself go for a semi synthetic oil in my diesel Land rover as I have been told that it is the best way to go, I have owned it for thirty years now, oil change every year, has not failed the mot test yet. But it is to old to be tested for emissions.

life is not a rehearsal

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

BTW, I hate to disappoint, but I do all my auto work in ratty old tennis shoes! I am glad to see you wearing hand protection, though. Let us know how the project progresses! We've actually got quite a few gearheads on here.

It’s been years since I have worn tennis shoes for any reason now lol.  

Despite starting so late in the day yesterday, I managed to get both heads and all the camshafts on and torqued down.  Found out I need to buy a couple head plugs before wrapping up the passenger side so I stopped there.

3 hours ago, dww said:

I see you are going for a fully synthetic engine oil (mobile 1) is that normal for outboard engines, I myself go for a semi synthetic oil in my diesel Land rover as I have been told that it is the best way to go, I have owned it for thirty years now, oil change every year, has not failed the mot test yet. But it is to old to be tested for emissions.

This motor is going into my Subaru Legacy GT.  I have run full Mobil synthetic through almost 400k miles in my Subarus now, and it gives me peace of mind when the temperatures go up or when I let the oil change intervals slip a little.  I’ve never really liked the idea of semi synthetic because they don’t ever tell you how much of it is synthetic.  It could be 1% and we’re still paying double over conventional.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I've never actually done any major engine work outside, but pretty much everything else gets done outside because my garage is filled up with old 2 stroke Lawn-Boys. I have a similar problem with them that I do with shoes. BTW, I hate to disappoint, but I do all my auto work in ratty old tennis shoes! I am glad to see you wearing hand protection, though. Let us know how the project progresses! We've actually got quite a few gearheads on here.

Cool, old two stroke Lawnboys!  Spent most of my youth working at the mower shop on Lawnboys!  They were not for everyone, and it took some stealth to service those side mount starters....But, they were simple and fairly rugged, provided you didn't forget to add oil to the gas....Had to keep those exhaust ports clean also....  Nowadays, my cellar is full of 1958 Evinrudes....My therapy, especially in boots...

• Like 1

I saw some white boots for sale last month and almost bought them.  This would be why:

Tagging these as “boots I wish I owned”.  We all need at least one pair in white right?

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I saw some white boots for sale last month and almost bought them.  This would be why:

Tagging these as “boots I wish I owned”.  We all need at least one pair in white right?

Nice boots, p1ng74 - I would buy them too!   I'm not quite sure why white footwear is considered dubious for men by many, it has a clean summery look.   (OK, white trainers/sneakers are everywhere but I don't count those as remotely stylish or smart.)