Boot "season"?

p1ng74

5 hours ago, maninboots said:

It’s always nice to get a compliment no matter what people say 

It is indeed. I was quite surprised by it. We had a nice impromptu chat. It is the only reaction I have ever had to my boots. They are a nice conservative pair, dark brown riding style with brass buckles at the top of the shaft. Custom made, and very nicely fitting. They are incredibly comfortable and having enjoyed warm ankles and shins this winter there is no way I'd go back to not wearing tall boots in winter.    

• Like 3

Snapped a picture on my way down the elevator at work.  I hadn’t really thought much about how these pants show even the ankles until today.  No hiding or special illlusions - just boots with 4+” heels.  Did some shopping after dinner to get in 3.1 miles of walking before taking the shoes off for the night.  

A7EAAD89-992D-4ABB-9537-C474DA6FD0FC.thumb.jpeg.2556f6a12ea726adf71041f1eb1c86d2.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Snapped a picture on my way down the elevator at work.  I hadn’t really thought much about how these pants show even the ankles until today.  No hiding or special illlusions - just boots with 4+” heels.  Did some shopping after dinner to get in 3.1 miles of walking before taking the shoes off for the night.  

Looking good! 

4 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Spending the week at an older hotel with ceilings so low I was initially concerned about hitting my head on door frames with heels on...

ED3F31EE-3179-4E9B-8002-A33EB06D05B1.thumb.jpeg.18d0f00521e0e221e74d9c01fa85d214.jpeg

I really wish i could pull off that look, you look fantastic mate 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maninboots said:

I really wish i could pull off that look, you look fantastic mate 

I follow your Costa thread... I think you have the heels look down too!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I follow your Costa thread... I think you have the heels look down too!

Heels and boots yes not a problem, and as you’ve seen i like to wear them on full show over jeans, but unfortunately dresses and skirts just don’t seem to work for me, don’t think I’ve got the right body shape for them, i only seem to look like a bloke who’s wearing a dress for a fancy dress party, shame though because I’d love to be able to pull it off with my boots and heels, maybe i haven’t found the right ones yet, I’ll have to keep looking and experimenting, but thanks for the compliment on the boots 

• Like 1

When I wear a skirt I just look like a guy wearing a skirt... I try not to overthink the look.  Yes there are many more formal “fancy party” pieces out there but if you are looking for a more casual look the style, pattern, and material of the skirt is factor in the overall look.  For example, denim and leather are more casual, and might be an easy starting point for pieces to pair with boots to be just out and about in.  

54 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

When I wear a skirt I just look like a guy wearing a skirt... I try not to overthink the look.  Yes there are many more formal “fancy party” pieces out there but if you are looking for a more casual look the style, pattern, and material of the skirt is factor in the overall look.  For example, denim and leather are more casual, and might be an easy starting point for pieces to pair with boots to be just out and about in.  

Yeah that’s not a bad idea, I’ll look into denims, i did think about a denim pinnifore dress, a bit like dungarees but a dress as opposed to jeans, worn with a tshirt underneath and black tights and boots, might give that a try 

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

Heels and boots yes not a problem, and as you’ve seen i like to wear them on full show over jeans, but unfortunately dresses and skirts just don’t seem to work for me, don’t think I’ve got the right body shape for them, i only seem to look like a bloke who’s wearing a dress for a fancy dress party, shame though because I’d love to be able to pull it off with my boots and heels, maybe i haven’t found the right ones yet

I think P1ng74 said it well. Don't over complicate the process. I wear dresses all the time and its not hard to find a dress that suits your figure. Its much harder to shop for dresses than separates because a dress shows more faults in the wearer but there are some basic rules - and to be honest a lot of women don't get it right.

I'd say go for a just below the knee hemline to start - this is the most flattering hem length on ALL body types and looks good on all legs. It is best practice to have some gap between boot and hem so a knee boot with a just above the knee skirt, a short skirt with otk boots. These rules aren't gospel but it creates a more refined look.

Go for an A-line shift dress - the easiest dress to wear - or an a-line skirt of same hem length. Be sure to wear a fitted top - you must make your top half less bulky and then let the skirt part flow out.

Denim/Corduroy are great casual skirt materials - but a dress - I would recommend a heavier fabric - lined dress so it is a little stiff and holds a nice shape better. Don't go for a lightweight summer style dress to begin.

Try to keep hosiery lighter than skirt/dress/heels. If hosiery is darker than a skirt/dress make sure your shoes are the same colour as you hosiery.

hope that helps a little?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

I think P1ng74 said it well. Don't over complicate the process. I wear dresses all the time and its not hard to find a dress that suits your figure. Its much harder to shop for dresses than separates because a dress shows more faults in the wearer but there are some basic rules - and to be honest a lot of women don't get it right.

I'd say go for a just below the knee hemline to start - this is the most flattering hem length on ALL body types and looks good on all legs. It is best practice to have some gap between boot and hem so a knee boot with a just above the knee skirt, a short skirt with otk boots. These rules aren't gospel but it creates a more refined look.

Go for an A-line shift dress - the easiest dress to wear - or an a-line skirt of same hem length. Be sure to wear a fitted top - you must make your top half less bulky and then let the skirt part flow out.

Denim/Corduroy are great casual skirt materials - but a dress - I would recommend a heavier fabric - lined dress so it is a little stiff and holds a nice shape better. Don't go for a lightweight summer style dress to begin.

Try to keep hosiery lighter than skirt/dress/heels. If hosiery is darker than a skirt/dress make sure your shoes are the same colour as you hosiery.

hope that helps a little?

Thanks for the advice, I’ll take it on board, I’ll do some experimenting and if i look half as good as you do in I’ll be quite happy 

3 hours ago, maninboots said:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll take it on board, I’ll do some experimenting and if i look half as good as you do in I’ll be quite happy 

It’s all about experimentation, trying different pieces of clothing and different looks to find a particular style that works best for you and makes you look your very best. And that’s the bottom line, presenting your best possible image while out in public. As someone who’s worn skirts and dresses full time with heels on my outings since 2013, I quickly came to understand the importance of looking both stylish and proper, oh, yeah, it’s great fun too! Good luck to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 4/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, p1ng74 said:

But I am still finding myself ducking my head under signs and things here lol

Haha, live my life mate.

I'm 2.03m tall (or 6ft7 if you're more "imperial"), and that's bare feet. I hit ceilings, door frames, traffic signs and all kind of "normal height"  stuff all the time. Think about when I'm in heels?

By the way, you look good as always.

• Thanks 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

9 hours ago, flavio said:

Haha, live my life mate.

I'm 2.03m tall (or 6ft7 if you're more "imperial"), and that's bare feet. I hit ceilings, door frames, traffic signs and all kind of "normal height"  stuff all the time. Think about when I'm in heels?

wow - that is tall !!!

I hit just over 6ft in my highest heels....

10 hours ago, flavio said:

Haha, live my life mate.

Whoa, Nellie! I’m six foot two in my bare feet. Sure have me beat!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

The stores have fully switched to spring collections here now, and I picked up another skirt.  But spring is still boot season for me...

870EBAB2-52DF-475E-BB3A-33D497FAE641.thumb.jpeg.6b735d3a585bdf85a668fdb66bc63f9c.jpeg

873EF7BA-C40D-463C-BF10-A914F78BFAE1.thumb.jpeg.4bf8ddc0f1998ed4a741ff763e69cfc7.jpeg

And also some pants...

889D6097-7FB4-402D-A2DB-8BAEBC8475F3.thumb.jpeg.d3ed67f4744eed8202589c8736956b20.jpeg

E06B2672-178B-48D4-B24B-707646315625.thumb.jpeg.b16c09ce463800c1f81fba883a18cc10.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

Busy day today as I am attending a lunch event and then flying out to Boston tonight for an interview.  Dropped by the office first thing to grab an ice pack that I forgot in the freezer:

3A44B990-1AF7-4B23-8BAE-1EC9797E8D56.thumb.jpeg.adc5ec6d56097c3613f024edd5e6a1b6.jpeg

Put the heels on and stopped at Starbucks to take a call:

72877272-8E87-439C-9C19-4A74092772FF.thumb.jpeg.6c1314f5ff4f30e190e104db410589db.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I hope the ice pack isn’t for an injury. 

You seem to get around quite a bit!

No, it’s what I keep in my cooler for food items :)  

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Too bad....You are flying to Boston today, but I am flying to Dallas tomorrow....Sorry to miss you....Don

I’ll be in Dallas in a couple weeks.

About to board my flight now...

EB0A9D2E-59C9-4E2A-B98D-D07BDE88CFFE.thumb.jpeg.983ecf437d3211c852d201c195c4226d.jpeg

• Like 2