Boot "season"?

p1ng74

The kids are out and about for Spring Break, plus St. Patrick’s Day made things even more lively today.  I just wore my cowboy boots today.  The 3” heels just blend right into the cowboy boot look.  

198E6465-A129-4744-91F0-5C50D6EC438A.thumb.jpeg.a64536ed03d92444c003cd05cee3e75f.jpeg

• Like 1

Found a pair of pants tonight at Last Call.  At first glance they are another pair of black office appropriate pants that blend with everything else.  But this is my first experience with Lyocell fabric, which I am really liking so far.  I refuse to wear the polyester fabrics that they put in many mens’ pants.  Polyester breaths poorly and feel awful.  This Lyocell and cotton blend, on the other hand, drapes and moves around really nicely.  

60EEFF98-9202-4212-901C-58F4CED53DBF.thumb.jpeg.c289980257684545711048e83f7324ef.jpeg

I wore this down to the bar tonight and a guy pointed out how tall I am and asked why I am wearing women’s shoes.  I responded with the usual “they are my shoes now, I like them”.  He added that he has never seen a guy wearing high heels before.  I replied that there is a first time for everything.  He raised his beer glass and said he is down with that.  One step at a time...

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 4

Sounds like you handled that with aplomb. 

And the net time he sees a guy in heels he'll say, yeah, I remember a guy wearing heels at a bar in (fill in the blank) 

As you say, one step at a time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have worn these pants for about and hour and have already received a compliment on them.  I was in the auto parts store this morning and the sales associate asked if I was a model.  I gave a “don’t know what you’re taking about” look and he called out my pants and shoes.  I told him no, I just like to look good!  He liked that answer.  Who knew $48 is all you have to spend on pants to get there.  Guys, if you want to look like a model, wear heels!

B5A8DA2B-1C47-4CF2-9074-262A822AF8AF.thumb.jpeg.3d45e7d58772151e90b3fa4f37e56220.jpeg

• Like 2

Taking another trip in heels.  TSA lady looked at my boots on the conveyer belt and asked me to take my shoes off.  I pointed down to my feet to confirm that they were off... guess she didn’t think they were mine at first lol.  

144D971B-4AF9-4C59-B939-1DDB65D7CAED.thumb.jpeg.707cd34df493eefc9bf9b20503a47030.jpeg

• Like 6

That’s funny. 

I knew a massive bodybuilder in college once who when he came into the dining hall was scolded by the woman at the door for wearing shoulder pads into dinner (she thought he was a footballer) He kindly explained that these were his real shoulders. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I spent the last 3 days meeting some new colleagues in a training class at our office HQ, wearing the 4+” heels.  Today multiple men and women complimented them, and we had positive conversations about shoes, style, and what it felt like to wear heels.  I’m at the airport now, heading home...

3F0859F3-7182-431B-97B2-7016EEAD81A2.jpeg.6dd45476a9e845b12f915d57ec58c5e0.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I spent the last 3 days meeting some new colleagues in a training class at our office HQ, wearing the 4+” heels.  Today multiple men and women complimented them, and we had positive conversations about shoes, style, and what it felt like to wear heels.  I’m at the airport now, heading home...

OK, so it looks as though you are sitting in the exit row on a 737...Were you on AA?  Loving the great boots, sure wish you were on one of my flights....D

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Good for you. Loving the look of these!

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

OK, so it looks as though you are sitting in the exit row on a 737...Were you on AA?  Loving the great boots, sure wish you were on one of my flights....D

Hope it wasn't one if those wonky 737 Max 8's ;-)

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

The training budget was tightened so I had to fly Southwest and zig zag on connecting flights across the midwest.  But I am now way more comfortable power walking through the terminal in heels, so it was fun.  

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Good for you. Loving the look of these!

Hope it wasn't one if those wonky 737 Max 8's ;-)

The Maxes have been pulled out of service.  I welcome slowing down the pace of replacing current fleets with marginally more efficient equipment.  I love classics like the 757 and 767.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

The Maxes have been pulled out of service.  I welcome slowing down the pace of replacing current fleets with marginally more efficient equipment.  I love classics like the 757 and 767.  

And I love the 747. Wow what a plane!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

The training budget was tightened so I had to fly Southwest and zig zag on connecting flights across the midwest.  But I am now way more comfortable power walking through the terminal in heels, so it was fun.  

You know it buddy....In my humble opinion, they have stretched those 737s out beyond their flying comfort zone/capability...The 757 is a much better plane than the stretched out 737s.   The 767s are great also.  The problem is that the airlines have not taken good care of these older planes, so mechanical delays are more common.  Those 737max planes are a horror show from a passenger comfort or FA working stand point, too many seats, shrunken galleys and lavs.  Needless to say, I am not a pilot, so can not comment on the current issues/grounding on the 737 max planes. 

Now, back on topic, tell us more about all the compliments you got!

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds as though you have totally normalised the notion of men in heels within your sphere. That’s great!

It’s still a learning process.  I’m comfortable taking compliments and replying “thanks!” but am still getting used to talking more in depth about heels in person and outside of HHP.  People almost always start talking about the effect of heels on height, saying things like “it must be nice to be taller.”  This is somewhat awkward for me, because I am already 6 feet tall without heels, which is above average, especially for an Asian.  

One lady said “I need to wear heels like that, I am so short,” and I started to reply that the additional height is not the reason I wear heels.  She very promptly interrupted and said “oh of course not, you do it for the style!”  This morning I realized she nailed it on the head!  When people ask me “why are you wearing women’s shoes” or “why are you so tall” I want to help people understand my motive.  I am not trying to be a woman or be taller or alter anything anatomically, but rather I am expanding my enjoyment of the rich diversity of different styles and looks in fashion.  

4 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

And I love the 747. Wow what a plane!!

I will always have a soft spot for the 747.  My parents immigrated to the United States on a 747 with their 3 year old son (me) and 2 suitcases, starting a new life here.  Now I have way more than 2 suitcases just in boots!!

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

You know it buddy....In my humble opinion, they have stretched those 737s out beyond their flying comfort zone/capability...The 757 is a much better plane than the stretched out 737s.   The 767s are great also.  The problem is that the airlines have not taken good care of these older planes, so mechanical delays are more common.  Those 737max planes are a horror show from a passenger comfort or FA working stand point, too many seats, shrunken galleys and lavs.  Needless to say, I am not a pilot, so can not comment on the current issues/grounding on the 737 max planes. 

Now, back on topic, tell us more about all the compliments you got!

I have always wondered if we were pushing the old 737 design, which started as basically a 100 passenger regional jet, a little too far.  It’s nice to hear someone from the airlines have the same questions.  When I first saw the stretch 737-900 on the tarmac on the first time, my jaw dropped.  Airplanes are already an impressive engineering feat in itself.  The way engineers can evolve a design is all the more fascinating!  And in my view none of this is Boeing’s fault, at the end of the day.  They asked the airlines what they wanted next, and the airlines responded resoundingly with economics, not comfort or service.  At the end of the day, in flight entertainment is proving to be effective in dulling the blow of modern economies of air travel.  Southwest delivered free 2018-release movies to my iPad on one leg of my travel, so I put on the headphones and escaped the reality of being in the middle seat of a completely full flight...

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

I really like the A380, on which I have flown many, many thousands of miles but I guess they are heading for the boneyard - they had too much of what passengers wanted and not enough of what the beancounters at head office liked.

As for carriers, I am quite spoiled I think by flying Qantas and Emirates regularly.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I really like the A380, on which I have flown many, many thousands of miles but I guess they are heading for the boneyard - they had too much of what passengers wanted and not enough of what the beancounters at head office liked.

As for carriers, I am quite spoiled I think by flying Qantas and Emirates regularly.

As much as I like the 747, I picked the A380 over it on trips over the years because of the novelty of it.  I really like the upper deck.  

I was fortunate enough once about three years ago to fly first class on Emirates from London to Australia on an A380. The level of luxury was obscene but golly, it was fun. Strangely  - or perhaps not so strangely - I arrived in Sydney more tired than if I had flown economy, but that was only because I refused to waste a single second in sleep, but was up and about seizing the moment! Talk about gypsies in the palace!

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

It’s weird to hear about A380s being scrapped already.  I imagine these airframes have lots of life left, but are not economically logical to run on daily routes.  But there are many ways to use a plane that size, which would not involve a lot of expensive time in the air. Some humanitarian purposes come to mind (bringing high tech medical services to places in the world that don’t have them)

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It’s still a learning process.  I’m comfortable taking compliments and replying “thanks!” but am still getting used to taking more in depth about heels in person and outside of HHP.  People almost always start talking about the effect of heels on height, saying things like “it must be nice to be taller.”  This is somewhat awkward for me, because I am already 6 feet tall without heels, which is above average, especially for an Asian.  

One lady said “I need to wear heels like that, I am so short,” and I started to reply that the additional height is not the reason I wear heels.  She very promptly interrupted and said “oh of course not, you do it for the style!”  This morning I realized she nailed it on the head!  When people ask me “why are you wearing women’s shoes” or “why are you so tall” I want to help people understand my motive.  I am not trying to be a woman or be taller or alter anything anatomically, but rather I am expanding my enjoyment of the rich diversity of different styles and looks in fashion.  

I will always have a soft spot for the 747.  My parents immigrated to the United States on a 747 with their 3 year old son (me) and 2 suitcases, starting a new life here.  Now I have way more than 2 suitcases just in boots!!

I have always wondered if we were pushing the old 737 design, which started as basically a 100 passenger regional jet, a little too far.  It’s nice to hear someone from the airlines have the same questions.  When I first saw the stretch 737-900 on the tarmac on the first time, my jaw dropped.  Airplanes are already an impressive engineering feat in itself.  The way engineers can evolve a design is all the more fascinating!  And in my view none of this is Boeing’s fault, at the end of the day.  They asked the airlines what they wanted next, and the airlines responded resoundingly with economics, not comfort or service.  At the end of the day, in flight entertainment is proving to be effective in dulling the blow of modern economies of air travel.  Southwest delivered free 2018-release movies to my iPad on one leg of my travel, so I put on the headphones and escaped the reality of being in the middle seat of a completely full flight...

You are correct, Boeing is only just producing what the airlines are asking for.....

We flew Qantas to and from (and within) Australia recently. The flight there was on a 787 and it was quite comfy; I actually slept fairly well, which I normally don't do. The flight back to LA was on a 380 and the seat was awfully uncomfortable for me (economy). I didn't get a wink of sleep. I'll be sure never to fly on a 380 again. I was NOT impressed.

To keep on topic, I wore my Clarks "Octavia" clogs with 3" stacked heels, which I've featured in other posts. Clogs are easy to slip on and off.

Steve

On the subject of boots and boot season, I have often mentioned that my knee boots pass unnoticed - and they always have. Today, however, when I was out with my wife at a tea and cake shop a woman came up saying how much she loved my boots and asking me where I got them. We had a nice chat. It was a bit of a pleasant surprise.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

On the subject of boots and boot season, I have often mentioned that my knee boots pass unnoticed - and they always have. Today, however, when I was out with my wife at a tea and cake shop a woman came up saying how much she loved my boots and asking me where I got them. We had a nice chat. It was a bit of a pleasant surprise.  

It’s always nice to get a compliment no matter what people say 

• Like 3