Boot "season"?

p1ng74

Visit during a clearance sale and they will be marked down to $300, at least the boot I wanted to try on was. They just didn't have my size.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

Oh well, too bad he didn't have the courage to say what he really meant, or better yet, encourage men to come in and try on his boots. 

Right, you would think more men buying would be good for business?  I have a pair that I wear often and they really are more comfortable and nicer than the things that are marketed towards men.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 2:03 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Yes, I know $800 is a lot for shoes but I also know quite a few of our members have more cash than they let on.

- - And I'm not one of them. That would be grounds for divorce per the wife !!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heelster said:

- - And I'm not one of them. That would be grounds for divorce per the wife !!!

Yeah, it is all I can do to get out of the house with $8 in my pocket, much less $800.  Had to build my secret savings stash for a few weeks before I could spring for my $120 boots!

My wife is a frequent customer of QVC and HSN as well as the Kohl's Dept. Store (headquartered right here in Wisconsin) getting mostly useful things for the house or for the family. Last Sunday I was at a beer can show and spent about $110 on my lifelong hobby. We don't have a problem with each other's spending habits as they are profligate. I think I was able to save money and retire early was that  acted like I didn't have money. I do know some men who are on some sort of allowance. We are not like that. I suppose when my wife quits working then she slow down on her purchases. Besides, trying them on is free and the chance at interaction in a top end store could be priceless. HinH

• Like 2

Went to Last Call again tonight and found a pair of pants that I am considering wearing into the office:

1C77F449-458D-43AD-9DA5-39599A8EE66C.thumb.jpeg.638ed72eb0b45e75935882968d0b584a.jpeg

I love the high waist, the cotton is so comfortable, and size 4 fit perfectly.  Obviously I got these on the women’s side, and there are some slits at the bottom, but with the black boots underneath I am hoping it would all be subtle, and not too sassy?  Or is this across the line and tacky?  Will people just wonder why my trousers are split in two at the leg?  LOL.  Wearing this down to the lobby bar now to think about it...

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

After walking around the hotel this morning I still could not let go of the thought of wearing this into the office.   So I put a belt on it and just followed my heart, so to speak.  

358D16F8-B51C-401C-8A97-EF3C649A85EE.thumb.jpeg.9689fb467f28c2a7edb35ee80bd14528.jpeg

757990E6-E27E-4D47-8D02-386A1B55A8EE.thumb.jpeg.0cf53bb91cde6d80b62b4f00b626c1a6.jpeg

While the jacket is contrasting, I feel it dials back some of the edge of what is going on at the feet.  

And guess what happened at work today?  Two other guys showed up in the exact same shirt and pants as each other, and it was the first thing to be talked about at our team meeting.  Wasn’t me, though someone jokingly asked if they found some heels (in reference to matching my new look). I offered to take them shopping... 

Edited by p1ng74
Clarification
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, p1ng74 said:
2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

After walking around the hotel this morning I still could not let go of the thought of wearing this into the office.   So I put a belt on it and just followed my heart, so to speak.  

358D16F8-B51C-401C-8A97-EF3C649A85EE.thumb.jpeg.9689fb467f28c2a7edb35ee80bd14528.jpeg

757990E6-E27E-4D47-8D02-386A1B55A8EE.thumb.jpeg.0cf53bb91cde6d80b62b4f00b626c1a6.jpeg

While the jacket is contrasting, I feel it dials back some of the edge of what is going on at the feet.  

And guess what happened at work today?  Two guys showed up in the exact same shirt and pants, and it was the first thing to be talked about at our team meeting.  Wasn’t me, though someone jokingly asked if they found some heels (in reference to matching my new look). I offered to take them shopping... 

That’s unbelievable that two other guys wearing same pants and shirt as you. Have they seen you wearing the shirt before? 

The pants are flare have worn corduroy gold ones before tight at the hips. Many at work also noticed making comments woman in particular. Now I stop wearing flare cut pants anymore only cigarette  or skinny crop leg styles. 

Ever consider wearing female blazer. Only because it may style better to the pants. Men’s blazers seem to look baggy. You can roll up the sleeves also nicer button silky blouse in white or cream colour may complete the outfit rather a plaid shirt. Try to shop at Mango for female shirt tuck it into the pants with nice blazer styled to contour ones body will look extraordinary yet professional. 

You will notice that pushing the envelope of conservative office wear your outfit will soon look boring in your eyes. Once you gotten the blazer and shirt and other gray pants similar style it would be time to express your heeling inclination. Spice up a dark charcoal black outfit with some red burgundy suede stilettos from Shultz. . You be surprised at how much fun you be having styling yourself and not second guessing to wear to the office.

9A1CAA75-B163-4E71-98DF-31B96CC28881.jpeg

F22C4325-8D70-4A65-8F3E-706B8647B875.jpeg

B6C7CEC5-FA70-4F97-9EDF-7139A46AA1C7.jpeg

E19DC76C-3A41-4607-863C-0D1D51244CE8.jp2

Edited by MackyHeels

56 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

No one is wearing  the same thing I am wearing today.  Sorry for the confusion.  Two other guys I work with happened to wear the same outfit, which is not that surprising since everyone dresses so similarly already.  Just thought I’d mention that this is a situation that I think people are starting to notice and react against.  

Did you get negative or positive comments on your wide flare pants?  No one has said anything to me so far, and honestly I am enjoying the flared and swishy style so much now that I don’t think I’ll care if someone makes fun of them.  The all black pants are otherwise not all that extraordinary, but it would not surprise me if they draw people’s attention, even more so that heels.  The slit hem swooshes around a lot with each step.  Plus, the mainstream style these days is to go tapered and skinny, so I am swimming against the current.  

I haven’t really looked into female tops yet, mostly because I haven’t exhausted all the men options yet.  There are some pretty good fitted shifts and jackets out there for men, and it will take me some time replace the baggier stuff that I have on my closet.  This has been my general approach to these fashion experiments - I am only shopping on female side for shoes and trousers because I can’t find what I want on the male side.  

Speaking of heel expression, I found this in size 12 at Last Call:

1FBDFBD4-1BA6-43EE-B8F8-1F05698C13DF.thumb.jpeg.e0e1adb557079f117aa4e467d3310527.jpeg

What a beautiful pair a heels...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As far as woman’s reaction seeing me wearing flare golden  cords. It was years ago, you could say I had the Saturday night fever style, Lol..  Yet conservative woman would comment to there man about it. Yet whenever I wore woman’s button up dress shirt they immediately tell there man, I have the same shirt.., while there man cares less retorting, so what. To my amusement.

Understand the discussion brought onto you about the males dressed alike looking for heels.. Often whenever I’m in room someone observes others wearing unusual outfits, I’m asked about it or commented upon in comparison.  

Fashion is evolution of what we feel at the time. Don’t half ass your outfits out of fear.. People seem to accept your style in the office so don’t hesitate to try all feminine shirt, blazer, pants and yes those silk multi coloured beautiful stilettos. The better you evolve your style more compliments you will attract. 

Edited by MackyHeels

On 2/12/2019 at 4:34 PM, p1ng74 said:

fter walking around the hotel this morning I still could not let go of the thought of wearing this into the office.   So I put a belt on it and just followed my heart, so to speak.

And guess what happened at work today?  Two guys showed up in the exact same shirt and pants, and it was the first thing to be talked about at our team meeting.  Wasn’t me, though someone jokingly asked if they found some heels (in reference to matching my new look). I offered to take them shopping... 

Seriously? other men were also wearing these pants from the ladies side?

10 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Seriously? other men were also wearing these pants from the ladies side?

No, what I was trying to say is that two other guys showed up matching each other “by accident”.  But in my opinion, it is not all that accidental when people choose to dress so homogenously every day.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Fashion is evolution of what we feel at the time. Don’t half ass your outfits out of fear.. People seem to accept your style in the office so don’t hesitate to try all feminine shirt, blazer, pants and yes those silk multi coloured beautiful stilettos. The better you evolve your style more compliments you will attract. 

Yeah I actually just picked up this blazer this year, so I’m going to keep working down this route for a bit.  I discovered that Theory seems to have a lot of nice pieces for my shape and style...

EBE380C3-F385-427E-BE2E-0D19415F7626.thumb.jpeg.e76dbc39bdc2b0f9d22413a1995ec731.jpeg

You may try Kimono jacket, different to a blazer but office functional. 

Few pictures of examples of my typical workplace attire. If you ever want to go with the skinny leggings leather or in this example snakeskin. No need to go with denim, yet highlights heel booties. 

7E7DE554-F483-4A33-8DBB-65A20E3F0D36.thumb.png.97feca99277c9b51650f86164ee7f444.png

45FA8BDB-8A76-4409-B5DC-F58B85737A72.thumb.jpeg.8c1a2001dfb6930f169065f16bb6d0df.jpeg

B86D7F91-00CE-4EC8-ADB6-1E2C67E1172E.jpeg

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

Hey MackyHeels,

Do you have a pair of those snake skin leggings? Do you wear them out?

I have several pairs of Hue, faux leather leggings and I do wear them out and about with heeled shoes, booties and knee boots. I recently got a pair in silver/pewter. Look great with my black Aerosoles, "City Council" booties. 3-1/4" chunky heels. and a black fleece , long length, tunic 1/4 zip. Got a couple of compliments from my lady friends. And yes, I do have a pair of those white heeled booties, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Hey MackyHeels,

Do you have a pair of those snake skin leggings? Do you wear them out?

I have several pairs of Hue, faux leather leggings and I do wear them out and about with heeled shoes, booties and knee boots. I recently got a pair in silver/pewter. Look great with my black Aerosoles, "City Council" booties. 3-1/4" chunky heels. and a black fleece , long length, tunic 1/4 zip. Got a couple of compliments from my lady friends. And yes, I do have a pair of those white heeled booties, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

No snakeskin leggings for me. Few years ago bought waxed burgundy wet look AG jeggings didn't like how they looked. Although maybe bring them out of my closet with right outfit.

Happy you got pair of those pointed toe block heel white booties. Like the diva with Alexander wang black suede studded booties.

Thunderstorms are in the forecast for tomorrow.  I’m sure we will see more people in boots out and about.  To keep the rest dry, I picked up another piece at Last Call...

02D27BE5-C2AE-40D6-8B00-C5318BF97E17.thumb.jpeg.404a5bf70883e0592b2ee16d6bd0f1d4.jpeg

Tried it with a contrasting belt.  Is this too much?

7D95B8AE-E4D7-40D2-9244-77B2DEB727A7.thumb.jpeg.a639ec9a7e3c7eadeb89e7b4533164ed.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/5/2018 at 4:46 AM, p1ng74 said:

Denim with boots... is this too girly?

perhaps a bit girly but an a-line skirt is extremely flattering on any legs.

Also the knee length hemline is the most versatile and flattering hemline.

Imagine your outfit with a navy or a nude patent 3-4 inch pump - pointy toe to match the a line silhouette.

that would look very polished in my opinion!

• Like 1

I might have a new obsession with trench coats lol... tried walking around inside the hotel in this more casual indoor look.  Based on people’s reactions so far this has drawn more smiles and stares than any skirt or heels I have ever worn...

2C9A00B7-57A9-4402-9ED4-C63B9861D478.thumb.jpeg.0cfad836815cd623ebd4eed31d7299b9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Some countries regard foreign correspondent and spy as the same thing. Look what happened when American/Mexican citizen Jorge Ramos with Univision showed Venezuela's Nicolas Maduro a tape of three kids eating food scraps out of a garbage truck. They were detained for two hours while both the USA and Mexico worked to get them out of the country the next day. Seems impossible to believe this is the same country I lived in as an exchange student back in 1978-79. Chavez, Maduro and attempted Communism only took Venezuela from the richest country in the Americas after the U.S. and Canada to the third poorest in South America now. I believe better days are just around the corner if those poor folks can just hang on. HinH