Boot "season"?

p1ng74

10 hours ago, Cali said:

You are new at this, you will learn. (LOL)

I have 8+ pairs where I have at least two different colors and I enjoy matching my outfits. And then you can always mix it up and wear "Perfectly Mis-Matched Pairs".

True... and if no one else picks them up they will just keep getting marked down into deeper discount territory, at which point I will grab them.  We’ll see how it goes.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

True... and if no one else picks them up they will just keep getting marked down into deeper discount territory, at which point I will grab them.  We’ll see how it goes.  

You know that this is a dangerous game you are playing and probably not the only one playing it.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

9 hours ago, Cali said:

You know that this is a dangerous game you are playing and probably not the only one playing it.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Well we can’t have everything all the time I guess.  If someone else wants them badly and picks them up then we all still win.  There will be other boots, other days... 

Also, very interesting day today in the office!  We were all gathering for a meeting and the lady on our team said to me, “I wish I can walk in heels as well as you do.”  I thanked her and wished her a speedy recovery for a foot injury that currently has her in a big plastic boot cast.  She told me she has high heels at home, and asked how high mine are.  

At this point other people in the room are jumping in on the topic, and an older male colleague asked me if they were women’s shoes, because “you don’t see men wearing heels”.  I replied “doesn’t matter, they are my shoes now” and the whole room erupted into applause.  But he continued, saying that if I kept growing my hair out people will think I am female.  

At this point, another colleague weighed in and revealed that he used to wear heels when he was in college!  Still, the response to this was taunting by a 4th person in the room, joking “well well, now we wonder what other things you wore in college”.  

Anyway, if the office had somehow not noticed my heels up until now, today is the day everyone discovered it lol.  It was a nice light hearted discussion, no different from the usual chit chat about anything else like family, weather, or politics.  Once the meeting got going it was business as usual, no big deal.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Well we can’t have everything all the time I guess.  If someone else wants them badly and picks them up then we all still win.  There will be other boots, other days... 

Also, very interesting day today in the office!  We were all gathering for a meeting and the lady on our team said to me, “I wish I can walk in heels as well as you do.”  I thanked her and wished her a speedy recovery for a foot injury that currently has her in a big plastic boot cast.  She told me she has high heels at home, and asked how high mine are.  

At this point other people in the room are jumping in on the topic, and an older male colleague asked me if they were women’s shoes, because “you don’t see men wearing heels”.  I replied “doesn’t matter, they are my shoes now” and the whole room erupted into applause.  But he continued, saying that if I kept growing my hair out people will think I am female.  

At this point, another colleague weighed in and revealed that he used to wear heels when he was in college!  Still, the response to this was taunting by a 4th person in the room, joking “well well, now we wonder what other things you wore in college”.  

Anyway, if the office had somehow not noticed my heels up until now, today is the day everyone discovered it lol.  It was a nice light hearted discussion, no different from the usual chit chat about anything else like family, weather, or politics.  Once the meeting got going it was business as usual, no big deal.  

Sounds like a broadly tolerant workplace - even the guy with the remark about college days was probably just trying to be witty in a fumbling amateurish sort of way (at least by the sounds of things) Sounds like you have a nice place to work and decent people to work with. You're fortunate!

p1ng74,

I'll second what Shyheels said and say you appear to be lucky in that your workplace is accepting of you. I think all of them had noticed before but it was only now it came into collective conversation. Don't be surprised if at some point in the future you get questioned at work like Cali if you don't wear heels.  HinH

Edited by HappyinHeels
space
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, p1ng74 said:

I’ve been wearing my OTK boots under trousers, but I more fully appreciated the role of OTK boots in winter weather tonight as when I ditched the trousers for my first extended outing in an edgier outfit.  I bundled up like I usually do, but the OTK boots did the job of keeping my legs warm on my shopping trip to Last Call.  I got a few long looks at my outfit while spending over an hour there, probably due to the more fashion-conscience audience and the fuller exposure of my footwear, but I had a good time shopping.  I didn’t end up buying anything, but I tried on an item that had potential and gained general familiarity with the kind of brands Niemand carries.  

There is also a noticeable increase in boot inventory there over the last 7 days, indicating that we may be nearing the end of “boot season”.  Among other things, some Stuart Weitzman OTK boots were sitting in boxes at the front of the store with 50% off, including a pair of Highlands in size 11 exactly the same as the ones I was wearing, but in light color.  Clearly I did not need another pair, but the availability of larger sizes in Stuart Weitzman had been noted.  

C6915161-BB77-463D-939D-67D6A295DD6B.thumb.jpeg.b3716aefa57ec880f6ad6fc62c35997d.jpeg

I love the crescent  heel very modern where other OTK boots haven't learned this style worth replacing other ordinary boots. Stuart Weitzman OTk boots are always on sale when January rolls around. Autumn in 2017 SW came up with remarkable suede style boot and heel i mentioned. Woman would die to purchase these OTK boots. 

Whenever you see your size of designer brand boots on sale don't wait but be forward thinking for the next season. Often is the case great popular style boots sell out quick when price is reduced. Even though there may be few occasions or weeks left to wear the boots this winter. 

Had the same idea wait for designer booties to be reduced further from the 50% retail price. Seen my size with inventory of one available and price was further reduced fifty dollars before Christmas holidays. So jumped at buying such luxurious suede booties knowing i will wear them spring or autumn. Yet had week of dry weather to wear them out without getting ruined. My suggestion is buy buy re-think about your purchase  later rather feeling regret later on. 

Amusing seen at work found last year 2018 January almost every woman i seen was wearing Stuart Weitzman OTK suede heel boots. While following sales online knew many woman bought them half price. My bemused smirk observing these woman was noticeable yet they didn't understand my reaction.  Yes they appeared pretty and look great but when random woman wearing same OTK brand boots in short period of time in January was funny to watch.

While your office experience seemed fun. Envy the woman you work with applauding your quick reply when asked if there woman boots.  Feel even if i dreamed same circumstance you experienced i'm sure woman would side with the male remarks of the boots being feminine and overall fashion style. Knowing attitudes at my workplace and reactions onto me females probably react with pitchforks to discourage me wearing what i enjoy.  If looks could kill i must be immortal from the evil stares and silent calculating intentional  refusal to pay me any greetings or goodbyes only because what i like to wear in the workplace. Once i wear something more masculine in style in the workplace which on rare occasion or accident happens. I then get surprising greeting and interactions with the woman at work. Which catches me off guard because i'm use to the silent treatment not expecting woman to offer a polite greeting. Yet best thing i do is avoid them in any circumstances or act busy when in vicinity of these prejudice lady haters. 

Edited by MackyHeels

14 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like a broadly tolerant workplace - even the guy with the remark about college days was probably just trying to be witty in a fumbling amateurish sort of way (at least by the sounds of things) Sounds like you have a nice place to work and decent people to work with. You're fortunate!

I have been employed at this company for over 8 years now.  The interesting thing is, “tolerance and acceptance” has never been our standard, despite all the noise about it over the years.  I’ve seen other companies pursue “tolerance” only to produce a passive aggressive culture.  

Given the size and international footprint of our company, we have never just tolerated diversity.  We pursue and place a premium on diverse thought, because that is where new ideas that can impact many different people in the world come from.  We have a culture of blunt communication.  Cross culture communication is hard enough as it is, so we say what we mean, and listen with the motive of building concensus and understanding, rather than a position of taking offense.  

I think this is a worthwhile goal for heeling anywhere in general.  I’m not just looking for tolerance and acceptance.  We’re looking at new ideas, connections, and inspiration.  

7 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like you work for an extremely nice and forward thinking company - a real rarity these days. And so intelligent on their part as it must help staff retention in a big, big way.

It is a gem and I’m grateful.  The forward thinking moves us, and at the same time I can’t help but notice that it’s still grounded in age old common sense.  A CEO (not our’s) once said, “don’t treat everyone equally, treat everyone fairly.”  It’s timeless values like this that enable real change.  

Regarding retention, there will always be restless ones eyeing greener grass on the other side, and that includes me.  But some amount of that is healthy too.  

I do think that many other people will have the kind of positive reaction to heels as I experienced.  While the tech company I work for may be considered progressive, all this is happening in our customer’s office, one of the largest companies in the world.  Let’s just say the “diversity” posters of this old quasi-government institution has much to be desired.  But wearing heels is no problem.  

Genuine diversity is never as flamboyant as depicted in diversity posters and in the mindsets of people who are trying so hard to contrive it - it is simply people getting on with their lives unhindered.

Edited by Shyheels

I know, Chilly!!!! It should only reach 64 tomorrow, down from the 70's on the beach this past weekend. Rain in the forecast. Definitely BOOT SEASON.

Those of you under this arctic blast stay warm - stay inside, No taking you're heels out for a spin. And those of you in the Aussie outback, stay cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This morning in the elevator a man told me he likes my shoes!  He said that he has heels too, but that he can’t walk in them... I wonder how many other guys out there own heels but haven’t been able to get walking in them yet?

If I can do it, I would think most others can too.  I even have collapsing arches and flat feet.  I wonder if a lot of men go too high too fast.  I am pretty sure I would not be able to walk around in 4+” heels all day today if I hadn’t done 2” first for years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, p1ng74 said:

If I can do it, I would think most others can too.  I even have collapsing arches and flat feet.  I wonder if a lot of men go too high too fast.  I am pretty sure I would not be able to walk around in 4+” heels all day today if I hadn’t done 2” first for years.  

I think it is like anything - practice makes perfect (or at least makes for improvement) There is a certain athleticism and a measure of acquired skill involved in wearing heels and walking gracefully in them. My guess is that a lot of men lack the patience to acquire that skill and their athleticism is more aligned with strength and bulk than flexibility and poise. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a great place to work, p1ng74.  And you are right, start with something reasonable height wise.  That is what is so bogus about all of the "I tried high heels for a day" videos done by men who make them sound like total torture and impossible to wear.  Sure, step into some 4+ inch heels without ever having worn a heel and it will be hell very quickly.  Women start out as young girls with 2" or so and eventually work their way up.  When I met my wife, she said she hated wearing heels and only had kitten heel shoes.  But I purchased a few pairs for her in the 2 3/4 to 3/12 inch range which she wore more and more often, and she eventually got to the point where a 4" heel was fine for her.  Wouldn't be any different for a guy!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Who else here in America is bundled up in boots as the arctic front rolls in?!

9F1F1DB4-AB32-4B6F-9EA5-7AD1514620F3.thumb.jpeg.bab0db8d1b4773cfe3f6b0bfcd5eeeaa.jpeg

Not I, not I! Yes, I have worn snow boots several times for snow removal purposes, but for all other concerns, I am sticking to my clogs! I may cave, as temperatures in my area are heading toward -20ºF this evening (actual temperature).

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 7:49 AM, Shyheels said:

I think it is like anything - practice makes perfect (or at least makes for improvement) There is a certain athleticism and a measure of acquired skill involved in wearing heels and walking gracefully in them. My guess is that a lot of men lack the patience to acquire that skill and their athleticism is more aligned with strength and bulk than flexibility and poise. 

It has always been my assertion that this is the secret to my success--a certain natural athleticism coupled with patiently acquired skill, over years' time. It is not only men who do not have the patience, it's most women, too! How many times have I been asked, "How on earth do you manage [life] in those heels? I couldn't do it." Well, yes, you probably could, you're just not willing, for one reason or another, to do what it takes. I have officially given up trying to convince people (so far it's only been women) that they can, in fact, wear heels. From now, I will choose to play the part of the circus freak who can wear heels all day and still enjoy them at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Many of you are aware I am a weather enthusiast and learned basic forecasting back in the 1970's the "analog" way. I have been a cooperative observer with the National Weather Service for a while now and my observations are usually online by 0900 CST (1500Z) each day. Last Wednesday, 30 January, we had a maximum temperature of -15F (-26.5C) and a low of -31F (-35.3C) the following morning. The coldest morning in my station's history. The coldest reading in Wisconsin was a -47F (-43C) just 5 miles (8km) from our land in far northern Wisconsin. We were really living the experience as popularised in the NatGeo series "Life Below Zero". I picked up a trailer full of branches which had fallen off the trees because the moisture inside them had frozen.I took both my daughter and wife to their work places for fear their vehicle may struggle to start after their shift was over.  It has to get really cold for that to happen! Much milder now. HinH

• Like 1

Sorta puts the minus-4C we experienced on the south coast of England this week and even the minus-15C recorded in the Scottish highlands, into a bit of perspective, yet our doughty weather forecasters continue to speak of our extreme winter weather conditions...

Came across this news clip on the Highland boots where Stuart Weitzman himself says “I wish guys had the choice of things like that.”  But we do have it, since I regularly wear them... 

• Like 6

It's interesting but doen't shed any new light on the topic. I know he must know a certain percentage of his "women's" footwear is actually bought by men. I have found, simply by some informal interviewing, most retailers have a pretty fair idea how many men are buying women's shoes, boots, sandals, pumps, etc. We collectively cannot wait for men wearing heels to become mainstream for that is a fool's errand. The choices are out there and salespeople are eager to make that sale if only we get asses in the stores and engage them. Now the real scoop would be for one of our members to visit this Stuart Weitzman flagship store in NYC and try on some heels. Who knows maybe you'll meet the actual Weitzman. Yes, I know $800 is a lot for shoes but I also know quite a few of our members have more cash than they let on. HappyinHeels

• Like 3