Cali World

Cali

I only fly American (and it's partners) on international flights or connecting flights to international flights.  I don't like to pay for luggage and when you ski, you have luggage that doesn't fit in overhead bins.  Maybe one day our paths will cross. I'll email you if I fly American somewhere. Or you can just listen for the loudest clicks in the terminal.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Cali, Was this the beachcombing trip?? I know you have at least three trips coming up. My trip West is coming up in early April. Hopefully you and I can meet again. Watch some more Giants baseball! Happy travels!  HinH

On 3/27/2019 at 2:58 AM, Cali said:

Long day, 15 hours in my boots. Three women told me they liked them, one called them cute. LOL.

Men as men in heels

meninheelsH.JPG

Great looking boots and jeans combination, masculine and confident

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter1 said:

Great look @Cali, I would like to wear the same out. Wow 15h on heels, how were your feet at the end of the day?

Asked to come in early, so zipped up the boots at 6:30 am and took them off when I got home after 10 pm. that night. Even though I had minor toe surgery a week before, my feet were fine.  I have many heels that I can go all day in, a few where my limit is 10-12 hours and a very few where 6 hours is the max.

======

So random comments from today's meetings.

I was walking with a colleague and she asked if I still wear heels.  I laughed, stop, pulled up a pant leg and showed her the Soda booties I had on. And those Sodas are noisy.

I saw some great booties on a colleague in front of me in a line and asked her where she got them. We chatted about booties until we reached the food.

After a meeting ended, the woman in front of me turned around a said "I love your nails." She grabbed them to look closer, showed me her's then asked if she copy mine nails. Of course, I said "YES" since I change every two weeks. I feel that it's the ultimate compliment when someone asks to copy your style.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 4

Cali,

Oh yes, the "Owney" boots we talked about! As for the word "cute" I think it's simply part of a woman's DNA these days as it seems ubiquitous. It's the fact you are getting compliments which is very refreshing I'll bet. HinH

Today's anecdote. I went to a Verizon store and when I handed the woman some papers she reacted to my nails saying how much she liked the color and how nice they looked. I asked her if it surprise her. "No, in was your booties that surprised me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whenever I get my coffee (beans) I stop by my favorite shoe boutique just a few doors. I am well known by the staff that go out of their way to find what I'm looking for. They now have a ruler at the cash register to measure heels for me. - LOL  They know I need about a 4 inch heel for my back/hip and that I am a very good customer. This is why it's so important to shoe in person AND in heels. You will get better service.

Today they had a beautiful leather boot with a full zipper and almost a 4 inch heel on a rack outside the store. I brought it in to see if they had a size 10 in that style....too bad no, only that pair, and it was a 9.5.  :(

But they had a pair of SL98 Manji in burgundy and at a very good price point. Now I have been expanding the colors of the shoes I have. Blue faux suede, Chestnut, beige, almond, turquoise, .., but NO burgundy.  After thinking about it, I decided to try them on and I was hooked. Perfect fit and the color! I had no choice, I just had to get them.

On top of that I got a Senior discount as well. So out the door with tax and all about $30.60.

SL98Manji-S01h.JPG

I asked for them to get me some high heel boots with full zippers when they order their fall heels. Hopefully they will, but the manager said those are harder to find, and cost more to make.

=====

Now I would like to welcome the burgundy pair to my SpeedLimit 98 family of heels. I now have 4 pairs of these tall heels.

SL98Family01h.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bluejay.  I have acrylic nails to protect some damaged nails, so I have to get them done every two weeks. I've been get manicures/acrylic nails for about 5 years now and having gel color for about 18 months. Took me awhile to get use to having my nails painted, but I am glad I finally did it. Now, the few times when I don't have colored nails I get asked why (they're not colored)? 

Having colored fingernails in public is very similar to wearing heels in public; it takes a certain about of intestinal fortitude to do either. Even more courage to do both, especially in a masculine way.

That's why I stride for nails that are impeccable, envy-able. I'm lucky my manicurist is fantastic, very artistic, and very skilled. I like variety and sparkles/glitter, but I stay away from reds and pinks

I'm high maintenance, bionic, and experimental with a high titanium count. And I love my heels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had something happen today for the first time.  I had some time to kill so I decided to go to DSW and see what they had. I tried on several Jessica Simpson, Charles David, other heels. Nothing fit, so I went to look at the clearance. The clearance size 10s cover several rows in this DSW.  As I came to another row I ran into another guy shopping. Very busy shopping. He had 4 of 5 boxes he was going to try on. Never ran across another guy heel shopping before.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cali said:

As I came to another row I ran into another guy shopping. Very busy shopping. He had 4 of 5 boxes he was going to try on. Never ran across another guy heel shopping before.

Was his name Clementine, by any chance?

And what happened when you met...?

Edited by Puffer
typo
  • Like 1

I tried to say hello and talk but he was busy selecting heels to try on.

I had my blue suede boots on and he seemed to have male shoes on.

His only comment was "You got to shop a sale." And he was off onto the next box.

I was disappointed.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, Cali said:

I tried to say hello and talk but he was busy selecting heels to try on.

I had my blue suede boots on and he seemed to have male shoes on.

His only comment was "You got to shop a sale." And he was off onto the next box.

I was disappointed.

oh well - you tried!