Cali World

Cali

2 hours ago, at9 said:

Reference please. Did it actually happen or was it a made up story?

It was a press item from three or four years ago, as I recall.   The venue was somewhere in Nottinghamshire.   I can't now find a specific reference online.   It was reported as fact (and perfectly credible at the time) but it may have been a wind-up.

I think it was a wind up.

I actually went to a performance of what (if I remember correctly) was called "Snow Green and the 17 and a half vertically challenged people". It was a village pantomime c1997 near Oxford. It was a glorious send up of this kind of foolery.

• 2 weeks later...

Wore one of my favorite winter outfits last week. Cold day and this sherpa is warm.

Started out going to Costco and had at least 8 compliments on everything.  But the funny thing is I ran into my Ex-wife there. She knows I wear heels and have seen me in many different one, she had never me in knee high stilettos. First time for everything! 😆 She was surprise, maybe because I towered over her, who knows/who cares.

Then went to my eye exam test and after it was done the tech told be how nice the boots are how well I walked in them.  I love wearing these Jessica Simpson boots.

winter fav2_b.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Wore one of my favorite winter outfits last week. Cold day and this sherpa is warm.

Started out going to Costco and had at least 8 compliments on everything.  But the funny thing is I ran into my Ex-wife there. She knows I wear heels and have seen me in many different one, she had never me in knee high stilettos. First time for everything! 😆 She was surprise, maybe because I towered over her, who knows/who cares.

Then went to my eye exam test and after it was done the tech told be how nice the boots are how well I walked in them.  I love wearing these Jessica Simpson boots.

winter fav2_b.jpg

You look GREAT in this outfit Cali, love how perfectly the jeans fit and the JS boots fit over the jeans!  Would love to see more close up shots of the boots

• Like 1

Okay @pebblesf, here’s a more detail photo of the Jessica Simpson’s Rollin stiletto boots.  Five inch heel, 1 inch platform, size 11. I find that Jessica Simpson heels are pointed so I need to go up a size. I found these late in the run and they only had this color (which I like) and a leopard print left in size 11. Would have liked another suede one in chestnut or a dark brown. I’ve even emailed the company to ask them to bring this model back.

js_detail_HH.jpg

So today is a cold, windy, and very wet day. Great for the Nine West leather boots and leggings.

ninewesthh.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cali said:

Okay @pebblesf, here’s a more detail photo of the Jessica Simpson’s Rollin stiletto boots.  Five inch heel, 1 inch platform, size 11. I find that Jessica Simpson heels are pointed so I need to go up a size. I found these late in the run and they only had this color (which I like) and a leopard print left in size 11. Would have liked another suede one in chestnut or a dark brown. I’ve even emailed the company to ask them to bring this model back.

js_detail_HH.jpg

So today is a cold, windy, and very wet day. Great for the Nine West leather boots and leggings.

ninewesthh.jpg

Wish I still had my Jessica Simpson boots, wore them out year ago.  Always wanted a pair of those JS cowgirl boots also, but very pricey.   You look great in the black boots as well.  

• 1 month later...

I went to a DSW (aka Designer Sneakers Warehouse) for the first time in 6 months yesterday.  This store use to have 20% sneakers, 6 months ago it was 50% and now 75%. Sad, really sad.

I searched the discount racks - saw nothing I wanted. I did find a pair of Vince Camuto clogs that I liked. But my heel stuck out a little and a women trying of some club shoes told me to go out a half size.  But that was their highest size. So I decided to look online to see if they had large sizes. They were not on the DSW website. So I searched the Vincecamuto website and found they came in up to size 12. And they were $30 cheaper!  But the heel differential was low, under 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) so I passed.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Cali said:

Variation of yesterday on-site theatre, this time leggings and boots on my way to a mani-pedi.

hBOOTS2hh.jpg

Great combination, love the colors for sure

On 12/10/2022 at 3:10 PM, Cali said:

js_detail_HH.jpg

ninewesthh.jpg

great boots for sure.  I used to have a pair of JS boots, but wore them out...  Should look for another pair

• Like 1

Cali rocks everything he wears! I met him in 2018 + 19 and he lives wedges and boots as do I. I like the JS brand as it is always eye catching and her heels are higher than the majority of the dull footwear out there these days. I don’t have any JS boots yet but my favorite heels for a social event are her JS “Carlow” sandals with 6.7” stiletto heels. Several of our members have seen me in them. Keep up the great work on the Central CA coast! HinH

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cali said:

Haven't hear much from you since you retired HinH. Hope everything is going great with you.  Still being a Snowbird in AZ?

Go Giants!

Sure hope to meet you both during one of my layovers someday soon!  Don

• Like 1

Today was a strange day.  First there was snow on the way in to work this morning.  This happens once or twice a year. We could get snow on the beach tonight.

Today my “outfit” consisted of my black Ompo Owney (lshort) knee high boots (4-inch heels), a camel turtleneck and a leopard sherpa.

I had a women stop and tell me how much she liked the whole look and another one tell me how she liked my sherpa.

However, this is a heel site.  On the way home I stopped at a sporting goods store. I needed new ski poles, broke one a few weeks ago.  The male worker helping me in the ski area asked me how “hard it was to walk in them.” I told him they were easy, short only 4 inchers.

While I was paying, another guy came up behind me and asked “what size?”  I told him 11 and they faux suede and cheap. He also talked about finding size 11 in boots.  He definitely was a heel wearer.  The store was busy, and I was in the process of paying for my goods.  I had to move on after paying for my goods and never had a complete conversation with him. But maybe seeing a guy in high heels out in public might encourage him.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

Cali & Shyheels : Interesting story and analogy. I have had similar suspicions (thoughts) for many years. Men have approached me to talk about my heels, oftentimes wanting to take pictures. Years ago, an acquaintance told me the belief was that for every single (1) known transvestite there was another ten (10) we did not know about. I am thinking it is the same with men wanting to wear high heels. Mike

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Just out of curiosity, in what way did they not fit? I am also curious about how those very thin straps work in the real world, but since you sent them back, I guess that is something we'll never know.

I have a thick toebox and the straps are too thight to get my toes in. I was hoping they would stretch more.

I had a wardrobe malfunction today when I got to work and had to change my pants. Luckly I had some other pants in the car, but they were shorts.  Chilly wet windy day here with tempertures 47-50 F (8-10 C). You do what you have to do.

BnShh.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cali, Still a snowbird in Yuma, AZ. Got here just after Thanksgiving. Lots of golf and hiking this trip. CA has had loads of snow and in unusual places. Whilst hiking I filmed some snowmobilers enjoying 45” of snow and saw a 100 foot waterfall as well as a normally dry wash full of swiftly moving water between saguaros and realized I never left the state of Arizona! It’s been a windy winter too. 
Really liked those JS boots you showed us. Not much new with me. Only bought a pair of wedges and a pair of Imigdia knee high boots last year. Haven’t been to any Giants games in SF since you and I went in 2019 but have seen them in Milwaukee and Chicago. Take care buddy! HappyinHeels 

Thanks, HinH.  I haven't been to a game since either.  Pandemic and life has interferred with going to a game. Currently recovering from major surgery, so laying low for a month or two.

hopefully have a new sandal on the way.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1