Cali World

Cali

• 3 weeks later...

Went kayaking over the weekend. When I got to the parking lot, I hopped out of my car and started to untie my kayaks. The English chap loading his kayaks onto the truck next to mine shout out, "I need those shoes."  I had my worn out 4" wedges on and he was vertically challenged, needing a stool to reach the top of his roof.  We laughed.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 11:28 PM, Cali said:

Went kayaking over the weekend. When I got to the parking lot, I hopped out of my car and started to untie my kayaks. The English chap loading his kayaks onto the truck next to mine shout out, "I need those shoes."  I had my worn out 4" wedges on and he was vertically challenged, needing a stool to reach the top of his roof.  We laughed.

Sounds like a very matter of fact comment. Shared with respect. 

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I had an unexpected encounter today at my nail salon.  I have been getting my nails done at this salon for over a decade, so I know the women (2 – 4) that own/work at this business.  Today when I enter the first question out of other woman was what size shoes do you wear? A surprising question, but we have talked heels before (this one loves my FreeBirds).  It turns out that her landlord asked her if she knew anybody with size 11 feet because HE has a pair of purple suede heels that he wants to find a new home for.  She will bring them in the next time I have an appointment and I’ll look at them. 

I also had another client that compared her pedicure color to my colors.

• Like 1

Just more evidence the world is a very open place.  Millennials and GenZ will probably carry this forward.  It'll be interesting to see how Gen Alpha responds to the new gender tolerance.

Not that it matters to you.  

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

Knee high envy.

I was heading to my car in a grocery store parking lot, A woman passed me (going to the store) with flat knee high leather boots. I saw her look at my knee high suede boots with 4 inch block heels and you could instantaneously see the look of envy on her face.

Since the pandemic I have mostly been working from home (great commute), I have mostly gotten the occasional "Wow I love your heels" comment from women and a few men.  As a result, there not much to write about

• Like 2

I was at my nail salon (only two pedicurist and one other client) getting a pedicure and we were all talking. And I said something to the effect of "... and I wish I was 6' 3" ..." and with out missing a beat the owner said " what are you talking about, you're 6-3 in heels." 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Puleeeeeze. You Californians don't even truly know the meaning of the word "cold."😂😂😂

Yah, I'm glad to say I'm forgetting the meaning myself having moved to winston-salem from syracuse. 

I did live on Omaha for 5 yrs along time ago, pre internet even.

I've seen -25 F in California. I am also a skier and have seen and skied may days in single digits or lower.

We have had nights in the 30's lately, it may not be COLD for some of you, but it is cold for me.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I’m getting a pair of boots that appear to be somewhat similar to that - block heeled brown knee boots. Should have them next month. Looking forward to having them. It’s a nice look with jeans.

I think it is a look that is both fierce and bold. I get envious looks from both men and women.  I wear shorter jeans under the boots so they don't bunch up at my ankles.

• Like 2

Cali : I have had considerable good luck purchasing high heel booth from ( onlymaker). However, thinking back on it I am not so sure if onlymaker has over the knee boots. I Just know I have a lot of their high heel shoes.  Shoebidoo and Giaro for sure. Mike

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, Cali said:

I'm on the verge of acquiring an over-the-knee boot.  Any one know anything about the JLO JENNIFER LOPEZ LAKEL OVER-THE-KNEE BOOT.  Do JLO shoe run skinny?

So I pulled the trigger and bought the JLO otk boots.  I hope they fit.  Will find out next week.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:28 PM, Cali said:

If he really was English, he certainly wasn't 'vertically challenged' - just 'short'.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

If he really was English, he certainly wasn't 'vertically challenged' - just 'short'.

He was a British expatriate, I know the difference between Kiwis, Aussies, Brits, Scotts, ...

And "short" is a understatement.

"Vertically challenged" is certainly used in the UK. Usually in a humorous or sarcastic way. Other useful euphemisms include "horizontally challenged" and "hard of thinking".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I've heard "vertically challenged" in use over here.

4 hours ago, at9 said:

"Vertically challenged" is certainly used in the UK. Usually in a humorous or sarcastic way. Other useful euphemisms include "horizontally challenged" and "hard of thinking".

Yes, those terms are (alas) used in the UK, and often seriously.   My point was that they are unneccessary and imprecise.   Too much PC-speak nowadays, e.g. the  pantomime that a certain Council insisted was renamed 'Snow Green and the Seven Persons of Restricted Growth'.

8 hours ago, Puffer said:

Too much PC-speak nowadays, e.g. the  pantomime that a certain Council insisted was renamed 'Snow Green and the Seven Persons of Restricted Growth'.

Reference please. Did it actually happen or was it a made up story?