Cali World

Cali

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I don't see how this could possibly be right. As you can see below, my calves are bigger than that. I realize there's nothing in the photo for context other than the tape measure, but you know from many other photos that I don't have anything even approaching big calves.

CalfMeasurement.jpg

My calves come in at 15+ inches, they use to be larger around 17 inches. When I injured my calf I had a 28+ inch circumference calf for a month.

What shoe manufactures label as the Shaft circumference is the smallest circumference which occurs at your ankle. On these boots, at the top, the shaft opens to 16 inches. 

=======

I have had 6 women and one man tell they liked my heels in the last two days.  They must be putting something in the water around here.

Edited by Cali

20 hours ago, Cali said:

My calves come in at 15+ inches, they use to be larger around 17 inches. When I injured my calf I had a 28+ inch circumference calf for a month.

What shoe manufactures label as the Shaft circumference is the smallest circumference which occurs at your ankle. On these boots, at the top, the shaft opens to 16 inches. 

=======

I have had 6 women and one man tell they liked my heels in the last two days.  They must be putting something in the water around here.

This would explain why I find most boots unsatisfactory. The foot part may fit, but the rest of them is simply way too big. I measure 8 inches just above the ankle. The only boots I've ever seen that slim are fetish-type boots, and you know how you and me feel about that.

• Like 1

8 inches, @mlroseplant that's tiny.  Mine are over 10 inches.  I know of many small/short South American women who are 'jealous" that I can find heels; they complain to me that they have to shop in the children's section to find shoes, so heels are almost impossible for them to find. 

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I have written here.  I guess since I have been working from home for the past 21 months, I have had few interactions with the public in general.  

The other day I needed to replace the laces on my Soda Agenda booties.  You use to be able to find shoe laces everywhere, not any more. After failing to find them at several stores I end up at a small family run store in the mall.  They had a spoll of round nylon lace and cut and made me a pair or laces, then gave them to me for free.  While that was happening I had a conversation with one of their sales associates while she was fitting a woman customer. She wanted to know how high my heel was (5 inch with a 1.25 inch platform). I told her it was about a 3.5 to 3.75 inch rise, and then she told me that she could never walk in heels that high. 2.5 inches was her max and she feels like she is about to tip over at that height. How many times have you heard that? At that point I had to interact with the person making my laces and the conversation ended.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Cali said:

It's been awhile since I have written here.  I guess since I have been working from home for the past 21 months, I have had few interactions with the public in general.  

The other day I needed to replace the laces on my Soda Agenda booties.  You use to be able to find shoe laces everywhere, not any more. After failing to find them at several stores I end up at a small family run store in the mall.  They had a spoll of round nylon lace and cut and made me a pair or laces, then gave them to me for free.  While that was happening I had a conversation with one of their sales associates while she was fitting a woman customer. She wanted to know how high my heel was (5 inch with a 1.25 inch platform). I told her it was about a 3.5 to 3.75 inch rise, and then she told me that she could never walk in heels that high. 2.5 inches was her max and she feels like she is about to tip over at that height. How many times have you heard that? At that point I had to interact with the person making my laces and the conversation ended.

Sounds like she might have a balance issue, which I seem to be developing as well.  I had a nice compliment a few weeks back, was out and about waiting for a light to turn when a young lady caught up to me saying she liked my boots and how well I handled them, that was a nice compliment for sure.....

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, Cali said:

While that was happening I had a conversation with one of their sales associates while she was fitting a woman customer. She wanted to know how high my heel was (5 inch with a 1.25 inch platform). I told her it was about a 3.5 to 3.75 inch rise, and then she told me that she could never walk in heels that high. 2.5 inches was her max and she feels like she is about to tip over at that height. How many times have you heard that?

We've heard it a lot of times, and it continues to be one of the mysteries of life. The question remains, are we freaks of nature, or are we simply more committed to wearing heels than are the vast majority of others? I think it is some combination of both, the combination being different for each person, of course.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Will they notice?

Of course some will notice while others will have their attention on their phones.

Last week I was riding an elevator with a load of luggage I was taking to my car. Around the 9th floor a guy got on and I could tell he saw my wedges and want to say something. So I said "yes, they are high heels." We talked a bit as we continued down.

Then another day last week, I was leaving the post office and an older woman was walking towards the post office. Her head was down looking at the ground. When she got closer, she saw (again) my wedges and looked up with a shocked look. I almost bust into laughter, but didn't, just kept moving on.

So people will notice.

People will notice. It’s our job not to care and go about our business accordingly. It’s not for us to care about what they do.

I have a loose sort of rule that normal people are weird somewhere, some more than others. Those who are not weird somewhere are not normal. It should be normal to be weird and vast not narrow and closed off.

Embrace your weird, it is what makes you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I decided to wear my new Soda booties to go shopping at Costco. They are a little stiff, so I need to break them in over a few days.  Nothing too memorable until I was leaving.  The “checker” at the door told me, “oh, I see you have new heels today, I like them.”

Good comment but this checker has told me before that she recognize by my heels and I don’t need to show my card to go in.

While I was loading my car a woman surprise me when she stopped and told me how much she liked my heels. So, it seems it was a good purchase. And inexpensive too!

black sodahh.JPG

Edited by Cali

• 1 month later...

Stopped by my local shoe boutique to see what was new.  Nothing in the 4 + inch heel height.  The manager knows what I like, so we always chat.  She ordered a specific style of booties for me but when it comes in who knows. Their shipments are now coming in over two months late and the shoe suppliers are now saying it might get worst.   They expect to get some wedge sandals with decent heels by the next time I visit.  I need to replace some worn out sandals.

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Stopped by my local shoe boutique to see what was new.  Nothing in the 4 + inch heel height.  The manager knows what I like, so we always chat.  She ordered a specific style of booties for me but when it comes in who knows. Their shipments are now coming in over two months late and the shoe suppliers are now saying it might get worst.   They expect to get some wedge sandals with decent heels by the next time I visit.  I need to replace some worn out sandals.

Sounds like there's not much going on in retail these days to our liking.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, when I was bored and freezing in Alaska while visiting the "kids," I was shoe shopping on da net.  Bought two pair of sandals - Nine West and VanEli.  Even tho I have too many heels already, I couldn't pass 'em up.  You know.  They arrived last week and I really like them.  

Will post pics and comments when I have 5 minutes of free time, been busy lately.  Got caught up after spending time up north.  

Yes, in general, not many of the styes this season are to my liking either.  I was just talking about that with another HHPlace member last night.  

Smile.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I was in Los Angeles this weekend. This morning I got on an elevator with two middle-aged (or older) women.  I notice this one woman was starring at my shoes, so I said, "yes they are heels" as I lift one foot to show her.

"Oh, I was admiring the buckles."

The other women then exclaimed "you got small feet" at which the first women put her foot against mine to compare. I said size 10 and her shoe was a size 7....

Then the elevator reach the lobby and we went separated directions.

I had my black Freebird Blaze...one of my "conservative" heels.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-BLAZE_BLACK_SIDE.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Tried to do a little shoe shopping today.  Is there any truth to the rumor that DSW is changing their name to Designer SNEAKER Warehouse?  Row upon row of sneakers.  So sad.

Edited by Cali
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Cali said:

Tried to do a little shoe shopping today.  Is there any truth to the rumor that DSW is changing their name to Designer SNEAKER Warehouse?  Row upon row of sneakers.  So sad.

Yes, it is terrible! They did the change last summer some time. I was about sick when I saw the high heels were maybe on row and sneakers have taken over the store. for what ever it was worth, (probably nothing!), I wrote an e-mail to DSW and told them I was very disappointed. I told them I could buy sports shoes in any store, everyone carried them, but DSW had been my go to for high heels. They had been filling a niche that nobody in our area filled.

I suppose they are trying to stay in business and high heels don't sell as fast as sneaker.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pumped said:

Yes, it is terrible! They did the change last summer some time. I was about sick when I saw the high heels were maybe on row and sneakers have taken over the store. for what ever it was worth, (probably nothing!), I wrote an e-mail to DSW and told them I was very disappointed. I told them I could buy sports shoes in any store, everyone carried them, but DSW had been my go to for high heels. They had been filling a niche that nobody in our area filled.

I suppose they are trying to stay in business and high heels don't sell as fast as sneaker.

Strolled through a DSW in southern Florida today, saw the same thing.  Rows and rows of sneaks, not a heel to be found, except for on the sale racks.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, pebblesf said:

Strolled through a DSW in southern Florida today, saw the same thing.  Rows and rows of sneaks, not a heel to be found, except for on the sale racks.  

Same up my way - - - 59000 flavers of sneakers, and a random Jessica Simpson heel.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, Pumped said:

My 13 year old commented to me the other day, "Daddy, your sneakers sure are old." I'm trying to think when I bought them. It has to be 6 years ago, at least. Yes, they have long gotten kind of ratty. But they're lawn mowing shoes, so who cares? I'll buy another pair when I am forced to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Slow time in the heel world.

This week I was exiting the post office when this woman and I approach the exit door at about the same time. I let her go first.  As we both went to our cars (we parked close to each other) I jokingly said “I was just letting you hold the door open for me, ha ha.”

“Oh, when I saw your high heels, I thought you might need help with the door.”

We chatted about heels for another minute and got into our respective cars and drove off.

BUT next week I will go back to working in-person, the first time since March 2020, so more heeling stories might happen.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Slow time in the heel world.

BUT next week I will go back to working in-person, the first time since March 2020, so more heeling stories might happen.

We can only hope. We need more stories, and I'm a pretty boring guy, I can only provide so many. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Although I wear heels almost all the time, the number of interactions has been minimal. I still get a stare now and again, like at the airport last week, a woman in line at an outside baggage drop off gave me an open mouth stare while I was unloading my friend's bags at drop off. When I caught her, she quickly turned the other way. And today a women commented on my heels as I was walking into the farmers market..."wow those are some high heels."

But these are only minimal interactions. Like at my nail salon, I'm a regular and I'm expected to come in high heels, so no heel interaction.

6 weeks of in-person then back to on-line through December. Hopefully more interaction stories.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

Well it finally happened after almost a decade in high heels.

Yesterday, I was walking across the parking lot and my back heel must of come down on a painted stripe and my foot slipped out and over I went.  Very minor scratch on a knee but a big hit to my dignity.

• Like 2

It hasn't happened to me in quite a little while, but I suppose it's only a matter of time. Evidently, you were not seriously hurt, but the question is, were the shoes hurt? The last time I ate it, I broke my shoe!

• Like 1

Shoes aren't damage, just my pride. I know it happens, just wish it was not to me.

3 hours ago, SF said:

Quick, obtain the surveillance video of the “incident” and destroy it!

Can't, too many cameras, will just have to wait for it to show up on YouTube.😄

BTW this was not the content I was hoping to add.

Edited by Cali