Cali World

Cali

I'm looking at different jeans with these calf length boots from Madden Girl, about 6 years old.   I have worn out a brown pair and have this black pair and another NEW brown pair. Before I started to unhide my heels with skinny jeans I used to most wear them with boot cut long jeans. These black jeans are size 8 and reveal about 2 inches. I have others with a 34 inseam that reveal almost nothing. (I know its fuzz, that's the black on black effect.)  Wore these to the farmers market yesterday.

Jeans2wMGh.JPG

Now here's the same pair with my Levi's 311 with a 30 inch inseam. The ankle is tight on these boots so it pushes the pants  up at the back boot.

Next I try them with my shorter pans.  Looking for different looks.

Wore this to Costco (packed with mad rush to buy toilet paper) today.

jeans1wMGh.JPG

One more look for @jeremy1986. Its getting cold here, in the low 50's, but I like to wear these wedges (Jeremy) because they are so comfortable and easy. So  I just ran some errands in this outfit. I know I am committing a fopaux with socks and open toe, but these are my "Party Socks" with my new Croc-Embossed Leggings and metallic turtleneck. And the mileage on these mules must be over 600 miles.

Partysocks2h.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

I must live in a different part of the world.

Yesterday I was out for just twenty minutes and during that time saw 1 woman in 4 inch boots and two in 3 inch heels. (I was on the phone so I could say anything to them.)

Today, out for just 10 minutes, saw a woman in 4 inch combat boots and two in 2 inch heels.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Cali 100%. In my area there's not a day that goes by that I don't see ladies wearing heels. Whether its for work, play, shopping  or  church there are ladies and myself that are out in heels in our daily routines. Thanks Cali for that imput.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

You guys are fortunate.  In my midwestern suburb, no real heels.  One woman in maybe 2.5" heeled booties, but besides that, maybe a couple in 2" booties.  Certainly no pumps.  And just a comment Cali, for me, I wish those heeled combat boots would go away.  I just think they look bad.

@RonC hello 

i don’t share the same taste about combat boots. 

Girls stole them from men,added heels,brought them to fashion. 

Now thanks to that we have one more manly style that I personally like. 

Somehow a fair return from where it comes. Plus heels! Nothing to complain about  

44FABAC5-F28D-42F4-B28C-1A2C23656DC0.jpeg

• Like 8

To me it's like putting a high heel on a sneaker, which I also dislike greatly.  Both are intended for a specific purpose, and a heel doesn't go with that purpose.

To each their own though.  Enjoy if you like.  But you'll never see me in a pair.

Edited by RonC

9 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

But what if I am crazy enough to go running in high heels?  :)

8 hours ago, Cali said:

We'll have the Loony Bin waiting for you.

Oddly enough, I do have one pair of high heels that seems remarkably suitable for running, and it is not @RonC disapproved wedge sneakers. However, I dislike running enough that I wouldn't even do it in high heels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

However, I dislike running enough that I wouldn't even do it in high heels.

I'm with you there.  I've always admired a woman that could run in heels.  Didn't see it often, but when I did I was impressed.  The one Jurrassic Park movie had the female lead in heels the entire movie, and she did a wonderful job.  And what I liked best was when she got crap about it in the media, she simply said that it was not that big of a deal.  She said that was how a woman with her movie job would dress, and that there was no way anyone smart would take their shoes off and go running around a jungle, as the damage to your feet would be much worse than maybe a twisted ankle.

• Like 2

There is one woman membership checker at Costco that always comments on my heels.

Today was no different.

"How are you doing babe. I just love those boots, they're really cute."  

Just makes me laugh.

20 hours ago, Cali said:

One of my friends daughter can running in her stiletto pumps and I have some I can jog (slow run) in.

15 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Honestly I've done it many times. You run on you toes anyway. Not as fast and can't turn but not really that hard.

I could be wrong, but I think we're talking about two different things. I don't think I own a pair of shoes that I can't actually run in. Well, with the possible exception of some of the looser, flappier mules, but in general I could run down a bus in anything I own. What I'm referring to is running for miles at a time, as in doing it for exercise. I do actually have one pair of high sandals I think one could do this in, if one were so inclined.

I continue to see women in heels around here.  I see about one woman a day, but I'm usually only in public for an extremely short period of time, under 10 minutes. It's been mostly boots with 4 inch block heels, but they ARE heels.

===

My new Nine West knee high boots in Wine color came in this week, but I have been too busy to unpack them. They're the same as the black ones I got in November, but at over 65% off I couldn't resist.  Photos next week.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a month since I wrote here, wow.

Happy New Year and I hope you are high on the list to get the vaccine soon.

Since I have isolated since the start of this pandemic, I have very little time when I'm in public period.  But today was a little different. I went to the hardware store to see if the had gotten the canisters of welding gas in (no :sad:!). As I got out of my car, a guy going into the store yelled "killer boots" and on the way out another guy told me "great boots". Two positive comments from men in less than 4 minutes...new record?

Soda heels

killer boots hh.JPG

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, RonC said:

Kind of hard to see, but the boots look nice.

I was lazy and didn't want to set up my umbrella lights, here's the two pairs with better lighting.

WB3H.JPG

WB2H.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this week I wore my burgundy platform lace-ups Soda Agendas with my jean and got a lot of compliments.

Today I wore my blue suede platform lace-ups Jessica Simpson Riene stilettoes with jeans. No comments. After talking with my pedicurist she said her only thought was "I could never wear those ankle breakers."

It's funny which heels get the most compliments.

JS-RIENE-NAVY-LXKDSU-410-SID.jpg

agenda-h-burg.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pre-covid experience the other day. I went to the bank to withdraw a few large bills from the inside teller-machine. I had my leopard print sherpa and leopard print mask.  The outside greeter complemented on how much she liked the leopard print, the look.  On the way out of the bank she was inside showing a customer where to stand and then told me she really like my heels. I told her I liked her's too, stilettos. She lift her pants to show me they were booties, but we got interrupted by another customer she needed to deal with. Those long-gone days of chit-chatting about heels.

Now here's a picture for those under the extreme cold tempertures....this is what spring looks like

springh.thumb.JPG.2d0641b17bb154cc271501a33967c8c2.JPG

36 minutes ago, RonC said:

Hey Cali, thanks for making many of us feel bad....lol

Your Welcome @RonC. Just wanted to brighten your days.  The snow will met (one day).

Want pictures from sunbathing on the beach?

I just couldn't resist. It's going to sprinkle tonight.

Edited by Cali

14 hours ago, Cali said:

Your Welcome @RonC. Just wanted to brighten your days.  The snow will met (one day).

Want pictures from sunbathing on the beach?

I just couldn't resist. It's going to sprinkle tonight.

No need to feel sorry for me. It's just part of life here. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems like when I was growing up, and even into my teens and early 20s, there was a period of extreme cold EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Today, that's not really true. Last winter, for example, was so mild that I never used my snow blower even once. Being -10 or -20º F is not really that big of a deal. Heck, I remember back in 2008, I was building wind turbines in those sorts of temperatures, up in Charles City, Ioway. They always worked just fine for us in extreme cold temperatures. Just sayin'. Today is the beginning of the Big Melt here in central Iowa. Luckily, the temperatures will not be extremely warm, which will hopefully allow all this snow to go away in a peaceful manner.