Cali World

Cali

So I has a question for all you fashion gurus.

What heels goes with snake skin jeans?

I thinking my Steven Madden black suede Lures, any other suggestions?  (And I can't wear pumps.)

I would think any black or brown tall wedges would work or a chunky heel sandal in the same colours. A snakeskin print sandal like the JS Dany Dijon I posted recently would go very nicely with snake skin jeans. Both bold choices for sure but I know you're not shy. HinH

Edited by HappyinHeels
grammar correction
  • Like 1

I have nothing to say, I'm just going to run my mouth, as I am often wont to do. What are snake skin jeans? I've never heard of them. I would think that if the pants are kind of busy, you'd want to go for a fairly simple shoe.

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I have nothing to say, I'm just going to run my mouth, as I am often wont to do. What are snake skin jeans? I've never heard of them. I would think that if the pants are kind of busy, you'd want to go for a fairly simple shoe.

(Skinny) Jeans with a snake print on them.  The latest fashion jeans are animal print. LOL

23 hours ago, Cali said:

So I has a question for all you fashion gurus.

What heels goes with snake skin jeans?

I thinking my Steven Madden black suede Lures, any other suggestions?  (And I can't wear pumps.)

Cali, I would wear a solid color slide or sandal. I have snake skin women's capri pants and snake skin leggings. I love the look of snake skin. I have bought several pairs of shoes and even a pair of snake skin booties but wearing them with a snake skin pant or leggings is just too much IMO. I will usually wear a dark color shoe with the snake skin pants or leggings.I have the perfect sandal for my snake skin pant or leggings. Sketchers "Becca" block heels in black. Got several compliments on the look.https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/dr.-scholls-becca-platform-sandal/450944?cm_mmc=CSE-_-GPS-_-B_Shopping_Sandals-_-New_Sandals&cadevice=c&msclkid=8ed7fa75a47817f80561a545ea2b037c&gclid=CIrAor7tjusCFViqxQIdM5AIuA&gclsrc=ds

BTW. I have those Becca sandals in all four colors, black, white, yellow and dark navy.  Get lots of compliments wearing those sandals.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

56 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Cali, I would wear a solid color slide or sandal. I have snake skin women's capri pants and snake skin leggings. I love the look of snake skin. I have bought several pairs of shoes and even a pair of snake skin booties but wearing them with a snake skin pant or leggings is just too much IMO. I will usually wear a dark color shoe with the snake skin pants or leggings.I have the perfect sandal for my snake skin pant or leggings. Sketchers "Becca" block heels in black. Got several compliments on the look.https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/dr.-scholls-becca-platform-sandal/450944?cm_mmc=CSE-_-GPS-_-B_Shopping_Sandals-_-New_Sandals&cadevice=c&msclkid=8ed7fa75a47817f80561a545ea2b037c&gclid=CIrAor7tjusCFViqxQIdM5AIuA&gclsrc=ds

BTW. I have those Becca sandals in all four colors, black, white, yellow and dark navy.  Get lots of compliments wearing those sandals.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Oh come on bluejay, you know Cali ain’t never gonna wear them things. They’re not even close to being high enough!

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I almost got the textured version as well. But at the clearance price I had to get the snake skin jeans.  I also have a snake skin double ring belt. I never had a pair of skinny jeans until last October. Now it's basically all I wear when in long pants. Since I was known for my heels at work, there was no longer a need for pants to "hide" my heels. Once I discover how nice women's skinny jeans were compared to men's, then add shaping and being able to wear inside knee high boots it was over. I did find out that my feet are to large for super skinny size 8 jeans. I can wiggle into them, but taking them off is a very hard chore. 

I was getting bolder with what I wore. I took a great leap of when I got the Express leopard print sherpa. But every time I wear it I am constantly asked by both men and women where I got it.

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Oh come on bluejay, you know Cali ain’t never gonna wear them things. They’re not even close to being high enough!

@mlroseplant is correct, I don't wear flats except for running shoes and sandals at the beach, and those Becca's are flats to me. While I have tried walking on the sand in heels, it's not very got for the heels....or me.

Since the pants are silver black white, I will either wear a black heels and a black or dark top.  But I think I have some white heels that work with an arctic white fleece top.

I'll try several looks when I get them, but there's still no place to go around here.

======

Rare day today. When to the Sunday farmers market and saw three women is at least 3 inch heels, block heels, but still heels. The farmers market takes place is a rundown parking lot...uneven and cracked pavement. It's even difficult for me in my wedges.

16 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

To each his own, that's why there are so many styles of heels out there today.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

somehow I know Cali will figure out this wardrobe mystery. As far as wearing fleece I know of a place where it is actually chilly by even northern standards in the middle of summer: Eureka, CA. That is the spot where the cold ocean current makes its closest pass to the North American coast giving Eureka the coldest summers for its latitude in the lower 48 states. This is even more remarkable given that California is home to Death Valley which has the highest summertime average on Earth. It is the only known spot in the world where nighttime temperatures sometimes do not fall below 100F/38C. And people may be running their heating in Eureka on the same night!! Mind-blowing as in Jet commercial mind-blowing. HappyinHeels 🙃

I had a plan but I wanted suggestions that I might not of thought about.  To me this is new territory.  I know some here are more fashion forward than I am (as a senior citizen).I would love to wear it with a black or white cami,or sleeveless turtleneck (currently in my wardrobe) but that's not a practical public look.

As for weather, years ago, I coached a soccer game on a drizzly, wind blown field, with the fog, cold and wet. Then stop with the team for a meal about 20 miles away and it was in the 90's. We can have it all in one day.

Now  I have to comment on your "skinny jeans" HinH. Way too much material in the thigh area to call them "skinny", (sorry) but those are more like "Mom Jeans", my skinny jeans (Levi's 311, Express denim perfect, and Eddie Bauer) are tight fitting the entire length. And the super skinny jeans are glove tight, too bad they are too hard to get around the ankles (both ways).

Edited by Cali

My Mid Rise Foil Snakeskin Print Skinny Jeans came in. I tried them on and they fit perfect. Also got a pair of Super High Waisted Dark Wash Slim Ankle Jeans both at clearance price. The Super High Waisted also fits great.  But it's very hot here, so I had to get out of the long pants and back into a bikini to cool off. It has to get much cooler before I try out outfits to go with them. I now want a snakeskin face mask as an accessory.

snake.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

We'll have to see, but it 30 degrees too hot for those pants right now. I got the 10 R with a 28 inseam, so I am sure I will show a lot of heel. They're skinny but not shaping. I come to like the shaping skinny shaping jeans. I like the way they hug my body and show off my legs.

A little bit more silver/foil than I thought, so I think white sandals or some silver-grey booties.

Edited by Cali

• 3 weeks later...

Today's topic is JEANS.

A year ago I was still wearing pants that hide my heels. They had a 32-34 inseam with a little flare. I had maybe 2 women's pants, and 2 men's stretch Levi's.  In October while getting my skirt for my Halloween costume, I tried on a pair of short women's skinny shaping jeans. The fit was great....

Fast forward:  Today I basically only wear skinny, skinny & shaping, or super skinny. (As well as faux leather pants - another story...)

The inseam ranges from 26 inches to 30 inches. The 26 inch. 10-Short is great with knee high boots, they tuck right in and don't bind at the ankles.

They also range from Mid-Waist to Super High Waist.  They all fit better than my older jeans.

As soon as I learn how to put several photos together for side-by-side comparisons I will start an album with some jean comparisons and looks with different heels.

Below are is my new high waist shaping skinny jeans from Express ($20 + free shipping) with my FreeBird sandals.  And a slub top.  I like this combination, the jeans don't bunch at my ankles, you can see all of my heels

Jeans000H.jpg

Above is what I wore out this morning.

Tonight's work clothes, below.

Jeans001H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5

Cali,

The skinny jeans are my wife's but it was the first post of something closer to a skinny jean than any I have posted before so it's a start. "Mom jeans" or not they were very comfortable. What about the colour coordination? Others seemed to like it. HinH

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cali said:

Today's topic is JEANS.

A year ago I was still wearing pants that hide my heels. They had a 32-34 inseam with a little flare. I had maybe 2 women's pants, and 2 men's stretch Levi's.  In October while getting my skirt for my Halloween costume, I tried on a pair of short women's skinny shaping jeans. The fit was great....

Fast forward:  Today I basically only wear skinny, skinny & shaping, or super skinny. (As well as faux leather pants - another story...)

The inseam ranges from 26 inches to 30 inches. The 26 inch. 10-Short is great with knee high boots, they tuck right in and don't bind at the ankles.

They also range from Mid-Waist to Super High Waist.  They all fit better than my older jeans.

As soon as I learn how to put several photos together for side-by-side comparisons I will start an album with some jean comparisons and looks with different heels.

Below are is my new high waist shaping skinny jeans from Express ($20 + free shipping) with my FreeBird sandals.  And a slub top.  I like this combination, the jeans don't bunch at my ankles, you can see all of my heels.

I had to scroll back through your thread many several pages to figure out what in the heck you were talking about. I finally found the boot cut jeans. Yeah, I agree the shorter, skinnier ones look better. I started off the same as you, wearing boot cuts, but gradually got away from it. I think maybe it was just the style a few years back.

• Like 1

If I going to spend money a good heel why hide them. 

I  have some $200 to $300 heels, I want to show them off.

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I think maybe it was just the style a few years back.

It might of been the style but I also was hiding my heels. I was too self-conscious. But after being in heels in public the years, I'm no longer self-conscious.  I'm more proud that as a senior citizen I can still wear high heels. Beside, for me it's pain relief. I need to wear my heels more. Pre-WFH, I use to average 10 or more hours a day in heels, now it's down to 3 or 4  and my body is unhappy.

5 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

The skinny jeans are my wife's but it was the first post of something closer to a skinny jean than any I have posted before so it's a start. "Mom jeans" or not they were very comfortable. What about the colour coordination? Others seemed to like it. HinH

HinH

There are many types of skinny jeans. Look for the one with the higher stretch ability, sometimes sold as "Shaping" or "Slimming", they are also softer. But you don't want to look like a sausage either.

I need to figure how to combine photos so I can do side-by-side comparisons for color coordination. Those are mid raise ankle leggings black and white leopard (or cheetah) print pants on  sale for $20."Slim" fit. I couldn't resist. I thought the black polo and those faux back-tie heels might work together....what do you think?  I might try it next with white heels. Wish I had some black knee highs. Any suggestions?

The hard thing is the size of the front pockets and how you carry what you need. Some, like the first pair, high raise, have decent size front pockets, but my Levi's 311's front pockets are minimal. You really need to try before you get you first one's of a style. I found out the hard way that my legs are slightly too large for super skinny jeans I can get them on but getting them off is a real chore.  I know you HinH that you are bold enough to try things on in a store. Find you size and beware this is another rabbit hole.

I'm not sure I'd call it bold. The store exists to sell merchandise and the staff is there to move that merchandise.Trying on whatever you see just ensures a good fit and avoids unnecessary returns. I've tried on dresses, skirts, tops, and scores of heels in states from California to Maryland and Canada and Mexico so trying on skinny jeans would be just a new thing. Clothes and shoe shopping should not be boring! I know how pocket sizes can vary. I do carry a handbag at times if the jean pockets are very small but it is a minority of the time. I think the height and style of your shoes must give sales staff some idea of what you may be seeking. Nobody wearing such tall heels would go for boring jeans. 😊 HinH

• Like 3

I haven't been in a store since February, but I had already found "my size"  and fit in several brands of jeans. So I load a cart in each brand with what I like and wait for a sale. And to see what other incentives I can get...free shipping, 20% extra off. You just have to hope they don't sell out before the price is at the right price point.

• 1 month later...

It's been months since I put an entry in here.  It because I have been busy working from home.  I've mostly been wearing my Steve Madden Mules.  Usually, I get only a few looks, but nothing much.

When I voted on Monday, I notice one of the poll workers outside looking down with her mouth open, so I asked, "Do you like them?" and she nodded her head yes and a "I love them" came from another poll worker behind me.

I'm not wearing heels enough for my back because it so easy to kick off the mules while behind my computer, then get up and do something barefooted in the house. So recently I have been wearing my knee high boots, 9 West with a block heel and Jessica Simpson with a stiletto heel over my skinny jeans. They're harder to take off.

On Tuesday I was out running a few errands in my JS's and I got two women who said that just love my boots and both added "I wish I could wear heels like that."

One even said she'd fall over trying to walk in them. 

Haven't we all heard that before?

LOL

• Like 3

I live in a very ordinary London suburb where women rarely wear heels beyond the commonplace 2" to 2.5" chunky. I saw a woman , dressed well but casually, in the middle of the day, wearing 4" OTK stiletto boots.

• Like 2

Was out to dinner Friday night and a woman came in the restaurant in 4" stiletto pumps.  I didn't get a real good look, but it was a pleasant surprise to see that.  The most any other woman was wearing was maybe 2" booties.

• Like 1

Today's image is from yesterday.   !8 months ago I might have had pants that hid most of these heels, but these pants are size 10 Short skinny and they stop just before the tops of the heels No bunching of the material at the ankle that I see in other's.  I originally got these jeans to fit inside my tall boots so that I could wear my boots outside my jeans and have less material on the inside. But I love how well they look with my booties too. 

Sodahh.jpg

Here are my Levi's 311 30" X 30". Ankle length so they fit in the boots.  The membership checker at Costco told me she was "really digging those boots."

You wont get that if you hide them.

bluehh.JPG

• Like 6