Cali World

Cali

Yesterday I was running some last-minute errands, the last stop was my PO Box. As I was entering, I noticed a woman walking in from the side. Just noticed her short-heeled bootie. As we walked to the boxes, I heard both my heels and her heels on the hard surface. She turned a bay before mine. As I was extracting the mail from my box, I heard “I thought I recognized those heels, but now I don’t.”  It took me a minute to figure out how I knew her. 

She has her nails done from 1 – 2 while I get mine done from 1:30 – 2:30, so we sit next to each other on a semi-weekly basis. We sometimes talk shoes like we did last week when I had Jessica Simpson stilettos.

She was right, she hadn’t seen these particular heels, Soda Agenda.

AgendaJeansHH.jpg

• Like 2

I wanted to relate a conversation I had with several women.about high heels. Yesterday was my biweekly manicure, I have some damaged nails that have acrylics to hold them together, so I get a "fill" and a gel manicure as well. When I entered there was only two of the manicurist working (New Years Eve) and each had a client. I wore my Red Jessica Simpson Rachie stilettos in. My manicurist was running a little behind. She does such a nice job, is a true artist booked thru May, so when she goes over because she doing some special art I just wait, because she does special art for me all the time. Since I have been having my nail fixed for over 9 years, I am acquitted with many of their clients, including these two women.

As I enter the shop the talk was about my heels.  First the color, this is the "In" color this season and they all just loved the color. Then the talk went to how they could not be able to walk in them, so high, heels always hurt, etc. I said these are comfortable (they really are), I can even jumped. To which one said, okay let me see. So I stood up and jumped about 6 to 8 times, then sat down. Now I didn't jump very high, with a 7/8 inch platform and a 4 7/8 stiletto heel its hard to get much height. She said, okay, surprise you didn't break the heel (you don't land on the heel - that's how). Since I wear high heels almost always, these women have seen many of my heels. 

The conversation continued into how I make sure the heels are comfortable before I buy them. The other manicurist talked about how she has bought shoes and after 3 hours they hurt so they become dinner heels.  Dinner heels are heels you wear from the car to your table so everybody gets to see how pretty they are; take them off after be seated; put them back on for the trip from the table to the car. At that point my manicurist finished with her client and I sat down. I got wrapped and my manicurist went to finish lunch. The conversation then went to posture and how you have a different posture in heels.

NYEH.JPG

• Like 6

I have had 3 boxes of Jessica Simpson Raxen that had been sitting for the last 3 weeks. I finally got the time to open them up. Size 11 still didn't fit.  It's the shape of the shoe and my high arches, just can't get my feet in them. So I returned all three pairs. The woman that took them back at Macy's liked the style and was going to buy the Shiraz Red for herself tonight after work.

Cali,

I'm a big fan of JS heels and have both wedges and pumps in her line. The JS sixe US11 has fit me well as had several size US10 I believe my foot is somewhere in between a 10 and an 11. The vamp opening is important. I normally need a US11 in closed toe and a 10 or 11 in open toe though many wedges in size 10 fit me well. I also have a pair of knee high boots with 6 in/15 cm chunky heels by JS which fit me extremely well and I have worn them in cooler months quite a number of times. Your wine-coloured ankle boots are choice! HinH

• Like 1

HinH - I know your a big JS fan. I had tried to find JS shoes that fit for some time. Tried several ordered on-line in size 10 and size 11 and they didn't fit.  However, the JS Rollin' knee high stilettos in size 11 did. I even got skinny jeans so I could wear these boots on the outside. I  made the mistake of walking thru a DWS and the JS Rachie, stiletto booties, begged me to try them on.  Surprisingly the size 10 fit so I just had to buy them. Macy's had a "BOGO free" sale and I saw the Raxen and got them in black and Shiraz red, size 10. Before they arrive, I again made the mistake of going to DWS again and saw the Rachie in the same red but they didn't have a size 10 in stock, so I ordered them on-line.

There no such thing as "too many stilettos."

A size 10 Raxen showed up and I was sad to find out they didn't fit, so I returned them for a size 11. They didn't have a size 11 in the red, so I got two black pairs. 

Then the red Rachies arrived. They fit and the red color is a homerun. I have gotten so many comments on them (see above where two women almost walked into each other while mesmerized by these shoes. Glad I ordered them when I did since they are sold out now.

5 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Your wine-coloured ankle boots are choice! HinH

The size 11 Raxen didn't fit either. The difference is the seam up the front of the Raxen and the front "V" cutout in the Rachies.  But I am very happy that at least one of these versions of JS stilettos fit.

TwoRachiesHH.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on vacation for the past 5 weeks and today was a "All Hands Meeting" with about 300 - 400 hundred people, 50/50 men to women.  

We read how no one sees women in heels. Well at this meeting there were least 10 women tall tall stilettos, another 20 had 3+ inch other heels (block, wedges, etc.), and still another group with shorter heels, including kitten heels.

So not all is lost, there are still women who wear heels.

I had my black Jessica Simpson stilettos, see above.  I had several heel chats with women in stilettos. Its funny that I now know several women who have asked to try on my heels.  However even more people wanted to look at my nails. I'm known for my heels and my nails

I visited my PO Box at the post office this afternoon. A woman walking the other way looked down at my heels as she passed and said, "I have those in black," and kept going.

Soda Agenda in burgundy with Express Denim Perfect Lift leggings 10 Short.

Adgendawleggings HH.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 6

On 1/25/2020 at 3:55 PM, Cali said:

I visited my PO Box at the post office this afternoon. A woman walking the other way looked down at my heels as she passed and said, "I have those in black," and kept going.

Soda Agenda in burgundy with Express Denim Perfect Lift leggings 10 Short.

Adgendawleggings HH.jpg

Cool shoes!

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been expanding my boundaries lately.  Last fall I decided to show my knee high boots, not hide them under long pants (34 inch), so I got skinny jeans and leggings. I the first pair turned out to be from Express and they only had size 10 Short, so I got them, 25" inseam. They come 2 inches above my ankle, and a full 9 inches shorter than my other pants (and they have usable pockets!!). I also got three Levi's 311 with 30 inch inseams, they come to just at my ankle. Both jeans are super stretching shaping skinny jeans ;-). I have been wearing these to work most of the time now. I love how my heels are no longer hidden AND they fit inside my boots.  Last week I finally got the last pair of the Express version in black (now sold out). For Halloween I bought a fuchsia faux suede moto jacket and had wanted to wear it again. Even though I have worn my leopard sherpa to work and other places, I was still too scared to wear something as feminine as this jacket. I decide to calm down the fuchsia with black.  Black turtleneck, the new black leggings, black socks, black Delicious Elowen booties  with faux back laces. (no platform)

Once I left home there was no turning back.  I had at least 10 women and 4 men compliment me on the jacket, several of the women also loved the heels. One woman wanted to "steal my look."

fuchsia01HH.JPG

And now the back view...

fuchsia02HH.JPG

• Like 4

Great look, Cali! Although I must say, we all have our weird, individual hangups about things. I don't really see anything in this outfit that I wouldn't have worn three years ago, but on the other hand, I would never wear nail polish, even if I liked it! For me, that would be pushing it too far. But with your permission, I might steal your look, with the exception of the nails. Also, I think I'll skip the "headless" look. :giggle:

• Like 1

Way to go Cali. I like your look. I don't get a full color mani. I just color my little pinkies and get clear gel on the rest of my fingers. Right now I have bright red polish on my little pinkies with white hearts for Valentine's Day. My wife likes the look. Yesterday, before the snow and cold came I went out shopping in my Valentine's Day leggings, red women's, mock neck shirt, red women's puffy down jacket and my Soda, red booties with 3" chunky heels. Got a nice compliment from the check-out gal in Walmart, who said she liked my leggings. I replied, "thanks, I bought them here a couple years ago".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Great look, Cali! Although I must say, we all have our weird, individual hangups about things. I don't really see anything in this outfit that I wouldn't have worn three years ago, but on the other hand, I would never wear nail polish, even if I liked it! For me, that would be pushing it too far. But with your permission, I might steal your look, with the exception of the nails. Also, I think I'll skip the "headless" look. :giggle:

I got over the "boots on the outside" barrier last fall with the introduction of tight skinny jeans and jean type leggings, even faux leather leggings.  Although the jacket doesn't have any darts, not many men wear fuchsia jackets, specially cropped that short with gold zippers accents. However, I think the otherwise all black outfit toned down the color and how close it is to Valentine Day. The only bad thing was I expected the jacket to be warmer than it was. I'm now in the market for a leather or faux leather version.

@mlroseplant you have my permission (as if you needed it) to copy the look, and the nails are optional.  I get a real kick out of it when a woman likes how I put my outfits together enough to want to copy it. It tells me I must be doing something right. This woman even wanted to copy my nails.

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Way to go Cali. I like your look. I don't get a full color mani. I just color my little pinkies and get clear gel on the rest of my fingers. Right now I have bright red polish on my little pinkies with white hearts for Valentine's Day. My wife likes the look. Yesterday, before the snow and cold came I went out shopping in my Valentine's Day leggings, red women's, mock neck shirt, red women's puffy down jacket and my Soda, red booties with 3" chunky heels. Got a nice compliment from the check-out gal in Walmart, who said she liked my leggings. I replied, "thanks, I bought them here a couple years ago".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

That's a bold outfit to me @bluejay , more red than I wear, but I must admit that I have gotten three pairs of red heels in the past 6 months.

Like many of you on this forum whose love for heels started at an early age, my love of nail color started as a teen. I started to get pedicures when my hand was in and out of casts for 8 months and with color soon after; that was over a decade ago. I damaged two fingernails to the point that they need to have an acrylic cover to be held together and after years I want them to all look the same. I had color once and have been having it ever since. I simply love it and I find it very strange the few times a year when I don't have full color gel. I constantly get random compliments on my nails from both men and women.

These short black jeggings was also the great way to show off the most important feature of these Delicious Elowen booties, the faux lace up the back. This is completely hidden by longer pants that hide the heels.  I thinking I might even get more heels with fringe on the side. Celebrate and enjoy the fact that I wear high heels.

ELOWEN-H-BK.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To work on 2/25, I wore a fleece top over a sleeveless turtleneck (both black), with my black knee-high thick stiletto boots over my blue Levi’s.

Got an email about a big SHOE sale at Macy's so went to check it out and the large mall it is part of. Macy's didn't have anything I wanted, but I did try on several pairs there. I talked with a woman who was also trying on boots. Left and went to Aldos and tried on several heels. Again, none fit (looking for new sandals) and they didn't have a size 11 in the styles I was looking at :(.  Two stores down is a Steve Madden store. Looked in at what they had in the store, but they didn't have my size in the heels I liked. Steven Madden sale associates know me as a good client so they go out of their way for me.

On the way back to my car I came across the same lady who was also looking at the boots with me in Macy's.

Looking surprised she said, "Oh, I didn't realize you had boots on before."

"I always wear at least 4-inch heels, I need the rise for my hip."

We talked for a while and as we were parting, she complimented me on how well I walk in them. I laughed.

===

At work I had one woman walk out of her way to tell me how she "seriously LOVED my boots."

3 hours ago, Cali said:

To work on 2/25, I wore a fleece top over a sleeveless turtleneck (both black), with my black knee-high thick stiletto boots over my blue Levi’s.

Got an email about a big SHOE sale at Macy's so went to check it out and the large mall it is part of. Macy's didn't have anything I wanted, but I did try on several pairs there. I talked with a woman who was also trying on boots. Left and went to Aldos and tried on several heels. Again, none fit (looking for new sandals) and they didn't have a size 11 in the styles I was looking at :(.  Two stores down is a Steve Madden store. Looked in at what they had in the store, but they didn't have my size in the heels I liked. Steven Madden sale associates know me as a good client so they go out of their way for me.

On the way back to my car I came across the same lady who was also looking at the boots with me in Macy's.

Looking surprised she said, "Oh, I didn't realize you had boots on before."

"I always wear at least 4-inch heels, I need the rise for my hip."

We talked for a while and as we were parting, she complimented me on how well I walk in them. I laughed.

===

At work I had one woman walk out of her way to tell me how she "seriously LOVED my boots."

Well done!

Does Steve Madden carry size 11 in the US? I don't see that size up here in Canada...

After 14 hours of work yesterday in my Jessica Simpson knee high boots, I stopped for a quart of ice cream at a hometown speciality ice cream store.  Only two younger women customers at the counter waiting to get their ice cream. As I brought the quart to the cash register one of the women couldn't keep her eyes off my boots.

So I said “Do you like them?”

“Oh I love them, I wish I could wear knee highs but my calves are too big,” as she showed me her WIDE calves. “But then I probably break my ankles in heels that high.”  As this conversation was happening the cashier rang me up and I handed her my money. The cashier went crazy over my nails, so the customer had to see my nails and the cashier had to see my heels. The cashier wanted to know where I get my shoes, so I told her Macy’s to which she said “Oh, Macy’s money?”  Unfortunately for the cashier, she has size 12 feet.

Just a normal day in CaliWorld.

• Like 1

I try to limit the items I can't wear to work or in public to just a few , 2 or 3.  I've had a sleeveless turtleneck bodysuit I had purchase several years ago that I had never worn, it's egg shell blue.  I finally figured a way to wear it, with some Express leggings, a Polo top, and Madden Girl motorcycle boots. I've been showing the tops of my boots and loving it. I know you can't see the top in the photo below, but that's the real point here.

look6mar20hh.JPG

I went to get my beans from the coffee roasters this morning. Spooky downtown with it empty because of the corona 19 virus.  Freeways are empty too. My favorite shoe boutique is next door to the coffee roasters, so I usually go in and see what they have.  They weren't open yet, however, the owner open the store for me.They didn't have anything new I wanted to try on, so we just chatted for a while. Downtown is ghost town with almost no customers, so she wanted to talk. They are thinking of what they will order for the summer and fall. I put my "4" cents in (things are more expensive in California) for wedge sandals, lace up sandals, and stiletto knee highs with full zippers like Jessica Simpson's. The owner also loves her Jessica Simpson and we talked about how the heel placement on Jessica Simpson stilettos makes them easy to walk in. 

I would encourage all to obtain a relationship with at least one footwear store. You get treated better than the regular customers, they know you BUY heels and sometimes your size and styles.  I have also been given "discounts" simply for asking! They will tell you what's coming in and save things for you.  I have a relationship with 3 stores now and it's great. I can walk into a crowded store, pick up a heel I want to try on and just show it to the sale associate on the other side of the room and she will go get it (in my size) without a word spoken while other customers are waiting to get served.

""I can walk into a crowded store, pick up a heel I want to try on and just show it to the sale associate on the other side of the room and she will go get it (in my size) without a word spoken while other customers are waiting to get served.""

I haven't seen a store like that in years !!

I can do it in a small local boutique and a Steve Madden in a large mall. Remember I go shoe shopping every month or 2 so they recognize me. And it helps that I have high heels on. They really take notice when you have skinny jeans and knee high stilettos on.  :giggle:

Right now I need to replace maybe 5 wedges that have delaminated. They are 4 and 5 years old and have seen a lot of use.  Can find high enough wedges, max so far are 3.25 inch and I want 4+.

5 hours ago, Heelster said:

I haven't seen a store like that in years !!

Too bad.

18 hours ago, Cali said:

In another thread there has been talk about wearing bodysuits. I wanted to show a problem you may encounter with bodysuits.  Some don’t cover your hip.  If you wear high waisted pants this may not be a problem, but with these mid-rise leggings I needed to be careful to keep my shirt from rising too far up.

Coincidentally, only yesterday I received my first ever bodysuit in the mail. I haven't had the time to try it on yet.

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Right now I need to replace maybe 5 wedges that have delaminated. They are 4 and 5 years old and have seen a lot of use.  Can find high enough wedges, max so far are 3.25 inch and I want 4+.

Too bad.

I have the same problem, on both accounts. It seems like most of the wedges I'm attracted to have jute or jute-like material on the sides, like a high heeled espadrille. This never lasts more than a couple years. I recently tricked myself into buying what I'd call mid-heels. Most would call them high. The heel is 4", but the total rise is slightly less than 3". I don't dislike them, but they're too low!

• Like 2

The past week I have been in meetings over the corona virus closure and the move to an on-line presence. (I've been dealing with the effects of this virus in my area since late January.)

The last two days I've attended meetings in my skinny jeans and Jessica Simpson knee high platform boots.  Yesterday during lunch a woman asked me "how high of a heel can I wear?" I gave an answer like I have 7 inch plus heels that I wear, but I like a difference of 3.75 to 4.75.

Today I was asked by woman who is in personnel that hear the first woman ask the question if I felt harassed by it.

Edited by Cali

52 minutes ago, Cali said:

The past week I have been in meetings over the corona virus closure and the move to an on-line presence.

We have been instructed to take our laptops home every night. It has actually been a rule for some time, but no one ever bothered with it as we don't have docking stations. Its a hassle to climb under the desk to plug / unplug it in every day, plus resetting  the monitors. They have threatened us with a loss of vacation days if we are without our laptop & the office is closed...

• 2 weeks later...

I joined a on-line work meeting this afternoon.  during the meeting one of the women asked me what shoes I had on since she misses seeing me in my heels.

I told her I was barefoot and she was disappointed. So I got my JS knee highs from the office, put them on and shared the image on-line.

Expectations a true high heeler must fulfill. :boxing:

JS shorts1HH.JPG

JS Shorts2HH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I wore my dark blue Levis 311, 9-West knee high boots in chestnut  (3.75 inch block heels), a white turtleneck, and my leopard print sherpa.  Between broadcasts I ventured out to my post office to collect some packages. When I got there I pulled up my turtleneck to use as  a mask and zipped up the collar of the sherpa to hold up the turtleneck. While entering the post office a woman leaving told me she loved my "fashionable mask" (meaning the sherpa).....no mention of my knee high boots. Must be the invisible chestnut color.

During the 20 minutes I venture out, two other women complimented me on my sherpa.  This sherpa was an impulse purchase. I was in a woman's clothing store shopping for a skirt/dress for Halloween and saw it hanging.  I walked over and tried it on right there, wondering if I had the guts to wear it out. I also wonder if I had the guts to get a leather moto jacket...I opted for the sherpa and I am so glad I did..  Both men and women want this sherpa for themselves, so it is a winner.   I also wish I had gotten the moto jacket.  Who knows with women's fashion if it will return in the fall and in what form.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:51 PM, Cali said:

I can do it in a small local boutique and a Steve Madden in a large mall. Remember I go shoe shopping every month or 2 so they recognize me. And it helps that I have high heels on. They really take notice when you have skinny jeans and knee high stilettos on.  :giggle:

Too bad.

You might want to try Nine West "To The Flo".  Wedge pumps with about a 4.5 inch heel.

• Like 1