Cali World

Cali

While I wait for the JS boots to arrive Steven Madden sent me $30 to use, so I did and order these stiletto mules Lure, from them.

Suede upper material  -  Man-made lining and sole  -  4.75 inch heel/.5 inch platform

They look like this years Manners but with a stiletto heel

Lure.jpg

Three pairs in 2 weeks...heel intervention must be required!!!!

=====

Today I had planned to expand my comfort zone by adding a few new things into my daily wardrobe. I got some vegan leather pants/leggings from Express several weeks ago and wanted to wear them in public. I had also impulse bought these Jessica Simpson’s Rachie yesterday at DSW and wanted to wear them to work.  Thus the plan was to wear them both.

newshoes.jpg

However, this morning when I put them on, I realized that I needed to soften them up just a bit before wearing all day.  So instead I opt for my Nine West Samreno knee high boots.  I had worn these many times under long pants and a few times with shorts, but never over pants. And not only over pants, but over vegan leather pants. Here’s my incognito work look for today.

SamrenoLeather.JPG

It very exhilarating and liberating when you expand your comfort zone!!

• Like 9

Nice look Cali. I also wear faux leather leggings tucked inside my boots. However with this weeks 12" snowfall here, I had to opt for my Uggs "Seldon" lined leather knee boots with 2" big block heels, to walk in the snow and ice. Maybe next week when it warms up, I can wear my heeled boots out safely again.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Stiletto Mania

I have just purchased 4 new heels in the last month and the last three have been stilettos! Before that I had just one pair from Victoria’s Secret.  Today I picked up two pairs that I had bought on-line, so I thought I would try them each on and do a photo shot with my faux leather Express pants. Photos are in a new album.

Forget Black Friday This is Stiletto Mania!

Here’s my new heels:

Jessica Simpson RACHIE PLATFORM BOOTIE

COLOR: Black

Add refinement to your ensemble with the Rachie bootie from Jessica Simpson. The chunky platform and towering heel will boost the look of your favorite LBD.

Product Details

4½" covered stiletto heel, 1" platform  --   Faux suede upper  -  Inside zipper closure  -  Almond toe  -  Synthetic lining  -  Lighlty padded footbed

Approx. 3½" shaft height  -  Approx. 12½" leg opening  -  Synthetic sole  -  Imported

I got these in Size 10, slightly tight above the arch, but they should stretch out just enough.  I really feel sexy in these.

rachie01.jpg

Jessica Simpson ROLLIN PLATFORM KNEE HIGH BOOTS COLOR: Porcini

Product Details

Jessica Simpson elevates your fashion aptitude with these Rollin dress boots that pair with a skinny mini or flowing midi skirt.

PRODUCT DETAILS

4½" stiletto heel; 1" platform  -  Shaft height: 16½"; Circumference: 14"; measured on a size 6  -  Almond-toe dress boots with zipper closure

Covered heel and platform  -  Suede upper; manmade lining; manmade sole  -  Imported

I got these in a size 11. I give these a 5 star rating.  Been looking for a knee high boot with a full zipper for some time and when I saw these and I had a very special coupon from Macy’s I jump on them. So glad I did, these are sold out now. . I have had them on for the last 3 hours aand love them. Since I now have 4 pairs of knee high or almost knee high boots and have broken the ‘tight pants (leggings) with knee highs at work’ bubble, I plan on wearing these with those (faux) leather next week…maybe with my Sherpa. Plan to get a lot of use out of them.

jessica2.jpg

Steve Madden LURE Black Suede

Mule Stilettos.  Distinguished by a sky-high heel and dramatic arch, LURE tops the list of this season’s sexiest slides. Suede surfaces offer soft texture and a rich matte finish.    

PRODUCT DETAILS

4.75 inch heel height  -  .5 inch platform  -  Suede upper material  -  Man-made lining  -  Man-made sole

By far these are the tallest of the bunch but fit great. Since winter is coming up, I don’t plan on wear these until next summer.  These are also already sold out in black. Glad I decided to get them.  Shorter steps are also required in these.

SM Lure01H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 7

Congratulations on your recent purchases! They all look great, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them. I really like the thinner heels, at least for myself. In my fantasy land, I would wear nothing but super thin stiletto heels. In the real world, these slightly thicker, higher-than-almost everybody-else, but lower-than-fetish heel height is so practical and comfortable.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RonC said:

Not like you with the stilettos Cali!  But looking good.

It just happened that way. What can I say, I like a wide variety of heels. 

Macy's had a special flash sale on boots, 40% off + free shipping, so I thought I would give the JS Rollin a try.

Then a few days later Steve Madden changed their rewards system and gave me some % off, + $30 off, and free shipping. I saw they had this tall mule, it just so happen to be a stiletto.

Then one day I had two hours to kill so I went to see what was at DSW (big mistake). The JS Rachie captivated me as I passed by them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I’ve heard that comment a lot.  I always respond with “Do it!  It feels great!”

I have only gotten a few compliments from guys.  Am kind of hoping to get one like you describe, will do my best to encourage the fellow so he doesn't succumb to all the BS I put myself through...

"I can do that" and "Just Do It" are two phrase to use.

Years ago there were certain things I wish I had the confidence to do. I am finally getting the confidence to do many of these and I am much happier because of it. Last year I was a "want to expose my knee highs" type of person, this fall I got the confidence to break that self imposed glass ceiling.  

• Like 6

Cali,

You certainly did well and those knee boots look so good on you. Have only ventured out once with jeans tucked into knee boots. Don't know why though since I have worn knee boots with a dress. I do a Macys card so perhaps I'll look for these. Haven't used the card since June when I got my tan coloured wedges which I posted here back on 2 June.

Your Halloween outfit looked nice and you certainly appeared comfortable. Keep up the good work my friend. HinH

• Like 2

The other day I went shopping at the mall. Needed to pay my Macy's bill for the JS boots, look for jeans I can wear INSIDE my boots, and of course look at heels.
After paying my Macy's bill, I wonder over to Aldo's. They had a pair of booties I wanted to try but they didn't have my size. Two shops down is the Steve Madden store, but they had nothing I wanted to try either. There was a pre-Black Friday sale at the Levi’s store so I popped in and ended up getting a pair of 311 Shaping Skinny jeans, they fit perfectly. On the way out I stopped in Express and ended up getting a pair of denim leggings (and they have pockets). So I left happy, with two skinny jeans/leggings for wearing with my knee boots.

Only problem now is I WANT more knee high boots.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5

On 11/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, Cali said:

"I can do that" and "Just Do It" are two phrase to use.

Years ago there were certain things I wish I had the confidence to do. I am finally getting the confidence to do many of these and I am much happier because of it. Last year I was a "want to expose my knee highs" type of person, this fall I got the confidence to break that self imposed glass ceiling.  

It's always interesting to learn about everyone's journeys and stories. Sometimes, there's a surprising twist to the stories, and this is one of those times. I did the tall boots on the outside of pants years ago, and it didn't seem like that big a deal. This winter has yet to reveal its plans, but you won't see me in that combo very often because I only wear boots if I absolutely have to. The reason why your hesitance to wear tall boots on the outside surprises me is because my own hangup, despite rumors to the contrary, is wearing heels with shorts, and you seem to wear those without even thinking twice about it. I am glad to know that even after many years of doing this, there's somebody other than me who still feels hesitant about certain things.

• Like 1

Heels with shorts was not a problem since I wear shorts all the time in the summer and when I started to wear 4+ inch heels I HAD TO otherwise I couldn't even stand up. I even have worn shorts with boots. Part of the problem hesitation was I didn't have pants that fit inside the boots.  I have large calves so I needed pants that were tight enough to my legs that the boots go over. I needed to find leggings that where modest enough to wear in front of a large group of people while lecturing.  It also takes some courage to go into a store and shop leggings, try them on for fit etc. I had legging before but these are not thick enough to wear as my pants. Also I need real pockets, front pockets, and that's hard to fine. I am happy to report that I have found legging with real pockets. Now there is no reason not to wear my boots on the outside when I want to.

Part of the reason I wrote this is to show others that even those of us that wear heels full time still have hesitations about certain things.

Edited by Cali

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Can you share where and what brand you have found for this?  Sounds interesting.

Levis 311 have small (not tiny) workable pockets (and shapes your behind).

Express Mid Rise "Denim Perfect LIFT" has decent pockets and an Express 5 pocket vegan leather legging has real pockets. There are two versions of the vegan leather leggings, one has faux front pockets and the other real pockets...I have both.  I'm a size 10 so I can find my size everywhere, the only problem is that size 10 sales out fast when there i a sale. The denim perfect fit was the only size 10 on their selves because of the 50% off sale that was going on.

19 hours ago, Cali said:

Part of the reason I wrote this is to show others that even those of us that wear heels full time still have hesitations about certain things.

And most of the reason I replied is to show others (mainly those who are trying to find their courage) that yeah, we're not made of stone. We still have our hangups too. But dammit, we're having fun!

7 hours ago, Cali said:

Levis 311 have small (not tiny) workable pockets (and shapes your behind).

Express Mid Rise "Denim Perfect LIFT" has decent pockets and an Express 5 pocket vegan leather legging has real pockets. There are two versions of the vegan leather leggings, one has faux front pockets and the other real pockets...I have both.  I'm a size 10 so I can find my size everywhere, the only problem is that size 10 sales out fast when there i a sale. The denim perfect fit was the only size 10 on their selves because of the 50% off sale that was going on.

I might have to check those out myself. I normally wear size 4 to 6, depending on brand and style, but my problem is inseam length. Even size 4 petite tends to have an inseam that is too long for me. I can have regular pants shortened, I'm not sure whether it would be possible or practical with leggings. I can but try. What's the worst that can happen?

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 6:29 AM, mlroseplant said:

I might have to check those out myself. I normally wear size 4 to 6, depending on brand and style, but my problem is inseam length. Even size 4 petite tends to have an inseam that is too long for me. I can have regular pants shortened, I'm not sure whether it would be possible or practical with leggings. I can but try. What's the worst that can happen?

Size 4 or 6? Inseam too long? Hard to tell from your pics, but apparently you are vertically challenged!

7 hours ago, Pumped said:

Size 4 or 6? Inseam too long? Hard to tell from your pics, but apparently you are vertically challenged!

Let's just say that I have a small carbon footprint! Since this is Cali's thread, I don't want to get into it here, but oddly enough, I just covered this subject in detail on my own thread.

Let's just say that a 4 inch height increase from heels is significant in @mlroseplant's case.

Wanted to try out the look of my Levis 311 and JS Rachie together. I think this is a winner look.  And the Rachies are extremely stable and easy to walk in. 

The Rachies are a slightly tight, but the are real suede so they should stretch out and fit like a glove in no time. Just have to have to wear for short periods until they are ready.  It going to rain for a week and these still need to be sprayed first anyway.  

RachiejeansHH.JPG

Took a break and ran some errands in the rain. Put the Rachies in some shoe stretchers. Came back and wanted to see how my Express leggings worked with them' From the front, legging with a hoodie.

RachieLeggingsHH.JPG

Finally with my new sherpa.  I prefer the Express leggings over the Levis 311. Much larger pockets as well, as I have my wallet and cell phone in my pockets

RachieSherpaHH.JPG

• Like 8

First a picture with my legs up, enjoy some sun in a friends back yard. New shoes, new socks, new pants.

JS RachieHH.jpg

My new Jessica Simpson Raxen arrived. Only the Red ones.  They didn't fit. But I love th color and had hoped to wear them to a holiday party next week. That means the black ones coming, also a size 10 wont fit either. :sad:

So I went to Macy's and returned the heels and ordered the size 11 in black. They don't have a size 11 in red.:sad::sad:  So I will get the other one in hazelnut.

Hopefully the size 11 will fit. In the mean time they gave me an additional 30% off, so each pair is under $30. 

Red raxenzebraHH.JPG

I just love this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I have mixed results with Jessica Simpson shoes. Some size 10 fit fine, my JS Rachies, slightly tight at first. But 30 minutes in a shoe stretcher and they fit great. Then the JS Rollin knee stilettos, I got them a size 11. But these size 10 Raxens I was nowhere near getting my foot in.  I think it had to do with my high arch. I hope the size 11 fit.

The real trouble with Jessica Simpson heels is when they fit they are wonderful to walk in and so much fun.

Edited by Cali

9 hours ago, Cali said:

I have mixed results with Jessica Simpson shoes. Some size 10 fit fine, my JS Rachies, slightly tight at first. But 30 minutes in a shoe stretcher and they fit great. Then the JS Rollin knee stilettos, I got them a size 11. But these size 10 Raxens I was nowhere near getting my foot in.  I think it had to do with my high arch. I hope the size 11 fit.

The real trouble with Jessica Simpson heels is when they fit they are wonderful to walk in and so much fun.

I have bought two pairs of JS heels, and both of them have been normal expected size, which is my case is 8 1/2. Of course, it's a sort of apples-to-oranges comparison, since my shoes are both mules, and not boots. I wore the crap out of my first pair, and both of the unit plastic molded platforms cracked all the way through, as @Jkrenzer warned me they would. That wouldn't have bothered me so much, except that for some reason the right sandal, which had been my friend for quite some time, decided it was going to start wearing a hole on the top of my right fourth toe, and it continued to do so consistently, no matter what I did to try to correct the problem. That pair was binned. I love being able to say that on this British-based site! I still have another similar pair, but I'm ambivalent about them. I'm not going to get rid of them, but I don't wear them all that much.

13 hours ago, Cali said:

I just love this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like that color too!

• 2 weeks later...

Got these Shiraz Red Jessica Simpson Rachie last week at DSW. Wore them to work today with skinny jeggings and heart print socks, 15 hours straight. Had at least 10 women tell me that they love the color and love the heels themselves. Very Holiday look with my Santa Hat and purple turtleneck and fleece jacket. I'm so glad I got this color!!!!! My black pair doesn't get a quarter of the attention these do.

atwork2HH.thumb.jpg.51f14e0287d7a61b14328f5e4d501062.jpg

I have been so busy lately that I have THREE boxes of shoes that I haven't unpacked yet. These are all Jessica Simpson Raxen, a similar style. One pair is a black size 10 which I know is too small and will be returned, The other two are size 11, on in black and one in the same Shiraz Red as above. I hoping they fit

• Like 4