Cali World

Cali

7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Steve63130 is correct. If people had to use their name, like the old letters to the editor, then many would not be able to hide behind crass anonymity. So many folks are followers and spectators anyway in their lives and rarely innovate unless they observe others. That's been my observation anyway. Follow your own path and express yourself!!  HinH

HA! Once upon a time I used to write letters to the editor of the Des Moines Register. I can remember receiving somewhat nasty phone calls, sometimes at odd hours, over such seemingly innocuous topics such as how we ought to allocate our highway construction dollars. On the other hand, I did have some civil and enlightening conversations with people who felt compelled to call me and discuss what I had written. Most of all that has been lost with the rise of the internet. However, I am very happy that in this day and age, it is very unlikely that someone will call me in the middle of the night and tell me to go to hell.

• Like 1

I've had a few discussions over the years about highways and engineering in general and it has been engaging. From suggesting adding a bike lane when certain county roads are resurfaced (that is being done) to putting trash barrels on the on-ramp at varying intervals of I-41/94 (not done in this county but in some others) to installing more effective line striping to avoid annual paint striping (this is being done with markings etched into pavement making them plowable). 90% of those I have talked to have been very responsive. Having driven and travelled to so many parts of North America I have paid attention to how things are arranged noting the positive and negative. We all have a stake in our infrastructure. HinH

• Like 2

Today's topic is CHEETAH PRINT.

I like cheetah print and it seems to be the rage right now. I just got a cheetah print (men's) sweatshirt and currently have glitter cheetah print nails. Thinking about getting some cheetah print heels.

Does anybody else sport any cheetah print heels or clothing or hair or ....?

Or is it just for the younger crowd? :cheeky:

• Like 1

Cali,

I'm a big fan of animal (Cheetah) prints. I have a  camp shirt both in short sleeve and long sleeve in the cheetah print. I wear capris and leggings in cheetah print and yes I do have shoes (heels)and boots in the cheetah print. I also have a  cross  body bag and do color my little pinkies in cheetah print color.

When it gets cold here, I have cheetah print fleece, jacket and puffy down vest.  I really like the cheetah print look. Go for it!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 1:17 AM, Cali said:

Today's topic is CHEETAH PRINT.

I like cheetah print and it seems to be the rage right now. I just got a cheetah print (men's) sweatshirt and currently have glitter cheetah print nails. Thinking about getting some cheetah print heels.

Does anybody else sport any cheetah print heels or clothing or hair or ....?

Or is it just for the younger crowd? :cheeky:

Love animal prints.  I stick with leopard accessories though.  Scarf, belt, looking for a leopard print iPhone case, and leopard print sneakers like in pic below are to die for.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Wore my new leopard print hoodie yesterday. No comment on it from anyone but my heels for the day (Delicious Elowen) got several "I love your heels" and "how can you walk in those". My answer is always I only buy heels I can wear all day, at least 12 hours. Wore these for 15 hours yeasterday

ELOWEN-H-BK.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

Wore my new leopard print hoodie yesterday. No comment on it from anyone but my heels for the day (Delicious Elowen) got several "I love your heels" and "how can you walk in those". My answer is always I only buy heels I can wear all day, at least 12 hours. Wore these for 15 hours yeasterday

ELOWEN-H-BK.jpg

Did you really get some "How can you walk in those?" comments with those boots? Sheeeeit, standards are getting low. Those are a walk in the park for people like us! Let us see some pictures of the hoodie, though. I am truly curious.

• Like 1

Most women think they can't wear heels whether it is true or not. These are only 4.5 inch tall without a platform. After being asked how I can walk in them, I told her and her friends that I had put them on at 7:30 and wouldn't be taking them off until 9:30 that night. I think the difference is we buy/wear heels that fit, that we can wear for long period of  time.

Here's a link, I"ll come back later and post a picture.

https://www.express.com/clothing/men/leopard-print-fleece-hoodie/pro/05327787/color/Olive Green/e/regular/

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

MLR - off topic a bit, but I presume the scooter is yours - details please! And I’m happy to find another rider here! My two wheelers are a bit larger, but in my book, owners/riders of two-wheel powered machines are all part of the same community.

20 hours ago, Logjam said:

MLR - off topic a bit, but I presume the scooter is yours - details please! And I’m happy to find another rider here! My two wheelers are a bit larger, but in my book, owners/riders of two-wheel powered machines are all part of the same community.

That picture is a crop of another picture I posted on my own thread a while back. In the past, I have ridden all over the U. S. on two wheels using bigger machinery. These days, not so much. The scooter, a Honda Ruckus (50cc), was bought for my elder son a number of years ago when he turned 14. Until this summer, it was residing at my dad's house, mostly collecting dust. After buying yet another battery for it earlier this summer, I have been using it for my trips around town. It is amazing how much gas this saves versus taking the car everywhere. It has a top speed of about 35 mph, gets about 125 mpg, and doesn't mind at all being ridden for a mile and then shut off again. It reaches operating temperature very quickly!

I wrote elsewhere that I don't truly enjoy driving a car in heels, and I really don't like riding a regular motorcycle in heels, but a scooter was made for heels, it seems! Getting back to the subject at hand, it is just coincidence that I have a picture of my only animal print shoes while sitting astride the Monster Ruckus. I would consider getting a "maxi" scooter in the future, capable of highway speeds, as it seems to fit my lifestyle these days better than a traditional motorcycle.

• Like 2

MLR - I know of the Ruckus. Seems to me a very cool “little” scoot! And I agree, those size machines are great for around town use, particularly if you live in a smaller community. Before I retired, I regularly commuted to work, a distance of about 10 miles one way, on one or the other of my two BMW machines, the alternative being a 3/4 ton 4X4 pickup (you can easily figure out the relative economies!)

i don’t wear heels out, but as you said - a “full size” motorcycle and heels are probably not the best combination. That topic has come up in the forums before, some of our colleagues do so, but not this old fart.

Whatever you do, best wishes and keep this shiny side up!

With temps in the 80's F, I wore my Charles by Charles David Affluent (in black) today with shorts. Really love these wedges and they are so easy to walk in.  But I got a compliment from a male who was sitting outside a office waiting for the person to return while I was interacting with several different groups of people. He simply said, "those  are some really nice shoes."

affluent.jpg

The black version....

black affluentH.jpg

• Like 1

So I'm on a Fall Shopping run these last few weeks.  I bought some burgundy platformed lace up booties yesterday and went looking for tall boots today.  Tried on 4 heels, booties and knee highs, but nothing I tried fit well enough to consider.

Animal prints are now the rage in both men's and women's fashion. I saw many cheetah print items in the Men's Macy's and other men's stores will wondering around looking for boots.  I got a men's cheetah print hoodie two weeks ago and I expect to have a zebra print turtleneck delivered tomorrow. But I had seen some real cozy looking sherpa jackets on-line and wanted to try them on. After seeing so many post from  @CAT about his adventures shopping at Express and my experience with their tops ( I have many, mostly bought on-line) I went in and saw the sherpa jacket. I found my size, walked over to a mirror and tried it on. It fitted perfect and looked great. The sale associate came over and I asked her if she thought I could rock the leopard print. She said it looked really good on me and pointed out how perfect the sleeves were, the length, everything was just right. I had a "I can do that"  and put it on hold, I had to get the 40% off coupon I had at home before getting it tomorrow.

While there, I saw some vegan leather skirts, so I tried them on too. Took two sizes in and found the right size.  I (and my wallet) are glad I don't wear skirts, otherwise I would have purchase one. :wink:

Update: my new leopard print sherpa.

cheetah01H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did a trial run on my Halloween costume over the weekend and found out that the skirt was rolling over. So I went back to the store to find out if a smaller skirt would stopped it. So I need a size 10.

I went to the large mall and on the way to Express you pass by a Forever 21. Since I have seen heels that looked fun on their website, I decided to go in and look at what they sold. So glad I did. I found some great high heeled boots with full zippers. They are cheap (under $50) Made in China boots. They had several knee high boots with 5+ inch heels AND full zippers. Two had pointed toes and two rounded toes.  I found a size 10 in block heel version and they were comfortable. But I wanted the stiletto version first but they did not have size 10 in that store. They looked thru their stock. They have they on-line, but I going to try another store first before ordering on-line.

These are out of reach for most of you since they only stock and carry up to size 10. Lucky I'm a size 10.

Has anybody bought shoes from Forever 21?

foreer21.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I can fit into a size 10 sometimes, depending on the fit. I would especially make the effort if the boots looked like the ones you posted! They look great, hope you can find the size you need!

Checked two other stores and they had even less inventory, So I just ordered them on-line.They are just like the picture since the ones I saw in the first store was a size 9. I wish they had it in another color too.

- Heel height: 6"   - Shaft height: 16"   - Platform: 1.25"   - Opening circumference: 16.5"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

You can walk elegantly in 6" heels?   More Nancy Kerrigan + Natasha Poly power to you!

They have a 1.25 inch platform so its only a 4.75 inch effective heel, top end of my comfort zone. 

Can I walk elegantly in 6" heels? - let's hope so. I have been looking for knee high stiletto boots with full zippers. My Speedlimit 98 wedges are pretty tall and I can almost jog in them.

sl98wallH.jpg

My work Halloween costume worn from 6 am to 9 pm  The vegan leather skirt was warmer than I expected, even hot at times. Since it was a tight skirt, driving was different as well.

officeHH.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CAT said:

Not just for Halloween,,,, looks great !!

Thanks @CAT , I knew you would like the skirt since it from one of yours (and now one of mine) favorite stores: EXPRESS. It took over two hours to get dressed and do my make-up.  I had many women tell me I looked better than they ever do or better than many women. :happy:   I'm just glad I don't have to do that every morning.

The jacket was a hit, got so many compliments it will be worn again even though it is fuchsia, it fits so well. I think if I use a black shirt and jeans it would look great with booties. So while not everyday wear, it will be used once here and there.

I love the skirt so I'm keeping it! I fits so well for a size 10, just  wish I could wear a skirt once in a while. 

My file keep getting merged so I will date them.

Nov. 1. The back of my Halloween costume I wore for 15 hours.

backsideH.jpg

Nov. 2.

The boots I ordered from Forever 21 came. They were as described, I could put my foot into them but the girth of my ankle prevented me from zipping them up. Sadly, they will be returned on Monday. Oh well, all I can do is try, on to the next.

Nov. 3.

I went shopping this morning at Costco. While sampling some sausage, another customer noticed my nails and started asking me questions about them until she noticed my heels and started talking about them. Another couple passed by shopping hear the conversation about my heels and looked down at them. She said " I like your heels"  as she walked pass.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

With the 30% off sale at Macy's I thought I would give these Jessica Simpson boots a try. Since they run small, I ordered an 11. They had up to size 12 on the website today.

Rollin High Heel Platform Boots

740bb66b-87ba-444c-b618-66f0ef8c38d4.jpeg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Cali said:

With the 30% off sale at Macy's I thought I would give these Jessica Simpson boots a try. Since they run small, I ordered an 11. They had up to size 12 on the website today.

Rollin High Heel Platform Boots

740bb66b-87ba-444c-b618-66f0ef8c38d4.jpeg

Totally your style, Cali. Hope they come soon - and enjoy wearing them