Cali World

Cali

Just a quick observation. My Ex came by the other day. She had on the same Teva (flat) sandals I have and in the same color. I've had mine for 4 years now, her's were new. Asked to borrow some of my nail polish for her toes, I said no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went shoe shopping today. Been looking at these Steve Madden Sneakers

The CLIFF sneaker — a hot new standout with a collaged construction and playfully exaggerated proportions. Incorporating mixed prints and creative color blocking, this kick is suited for runways and city streets alike!

• Leather, fabric, and man-made upper material
  • Twill fabric lining
  • Rubber sole
  • 2.5 inch heel height
  • .5 inch platform

_CLIFF_ANIMAL_SIDE_grande.jpg

They didn't have this on in a size 10, just shipped it out yesterday and size 11 was too big. So I tried on the multi-black and it fit nicely. So I had to decide on getting the multi-animal print or the multi-black one (below). The sales associate and I talked a while. She thought that I was bold enough to own the multi-animal look, but the multi-black would go with more outfits. I got the multi-black.

CCLIFF_BLACK-MULTI_SIDE_grande.jpg

After getting the sneakers, I venture upstairs to Express Women's to look at their boots, not much there. Then on the way out I walked thru the large Macy's women's shoe department and saw the Kenneth Cole New York Women's Justin Block-Heel Tall Boots. These are the type of knee high leather boots I have been looking for...with a full zipper. I tried on a burgundy pair in size 10, just a bit too tight, and the a size 11 in snake print, too big. But I could see myself rocking the snake   LOL.

The picture below is the Justin in suede.

justin.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

It really isn't Cali's nails or the colour that adorns them this week or next. It really isn't the wedge sandals he wears to this meeting or that. It really isn't the best-looking legs on the Central California Coast. No, it's Cali's CONFIDENCE which blankets all he does and wears that has these women complimenting him. That confidence is the energy fueling the blast furnace of the individual as he forges his own personal path. That's why it works and that's how it can work for so many of us. One only need try. I'm surely glad he does. HappyinHeels

• Like 4

It takes a certain amount of confidence to walk into a busy store and ask to try on a pair of heels. It's so easy to get intimidated and walk out. Once you have over come the "flight" impulse it can be very enjoyable. The Sale Associates at several Brand Name women's shoe store recognize me as a customer that tries on heels and buys heels and (I think) give me better service than the average customer.

I am an all-the-time heel wearer, I couldn't be one without confidence, too scared to live life.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Cali said:

It takes a certain amount of confidence to walk into a busy store and ask to try on a pair of heels. It's so easy to get intimidated and walk out. Once you have over come the "flight" impulse it can be very enjoyable. The Sale Associates at several Brand Name women's shoe store recognize me as a customer that tries on heels and buys heels and (I think) give me better service than the average customer.

I am an all-the-time heel wearer, I couldn't be one without confidence, too scared to live life.

I guess I really don't even think about this much any more, but yeah, I guess it does take a certain amount to get "over the hump" and go into a shoe store, particularly one where you have to ask for the shoes to be brought out. I think it helps a great deal if you're already wearing heels (and probably a smile as well) when you go in there.

• Like 2

Chunky Heel Day

With temps in the 90's today I wore my FB Cantis with short shorts and a linen shirt. The wooden chunky heel on these Cantis make a great LOUD sound, especially when walking on concrete. It's a sound you have to own.  I had FIVE women tell me they love these heels today.  One women not only wanted these heels but also my legs...lol

I just love these heels and have them in two colors. These listed at $300, but I didn't pay that for them (new).

And I have meet Canti, the women these heels where named after.

cantiHH.JPG

Sorry the above picture is so dark, but this after at 14 hour day, spend in these heels. The picture below are the same heels in the other color.

Fb-Canti a1HH.JPG

Edited by Cali

Cali,

Great story Cali! I have a pair of JS sandals with a chunkier heel which make a distinct sound on pavement as the bottoms are wood. They are featured in my album. I never tire reading your experiences. Keep striding and writing my friend :fine: HappyinHeels

Thanks HinH.

Don't you just love that wood-on-pavement sound, it's so distinctive and it turns heads. If you can't handle the sound then you wouldn't be able to wear heels like these. We have a lot of concrete and polished concrete floors where I work so there is no avoiding making noise. I have about 6 pairs that make this sound.

These are also very bold in-your-face, perfect for an almost senior citizen.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:53 PM, Cali said:

Close-up of my new sneakers. Many patterns and different type of materials.

newsneakers2.jpg

Have fun!  What a fun shopping excursion that lead you to this purchase.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Steve Madden sells these sneakers as a Women's with style name Cliff and as a Men's with the style name Ridge. Both have a 2.5 inch heel and a .5 inch platform.  I bought the Cliff because my feet fit women's and don't fit men's These women's are milder than some of the men's

There was a Job Faire for the students at work today. I walked around to see who was hiring. At one table there was a woman sitting there with her brochures and the company sign that I didn't recognize. She motion for me the come over to talk (it was slow). It turned out she was representing a shoe store/company and had noticed my heels (another short shorts with my SM Manners). She just had to talk to me and wanted to invite me to their store.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

LOL. Thanks kneehighs, it made me laugh. I have more and more men tell me they wish they could color their nails, both toes and fingers.  To me nail color is just changeable body art. Tattoos and piercings aren't changeable. 

First I think those sandals have too many straps for men's.

Second, I have a similar toe color on now.

• Like 1

My last toe nail color was a blue shade.  It looked nice...  If you are going to wear sandals (heels or flats), your feet and toes should look nice....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Did anyone else scan through the comments on the ad? Responses in large unfavorable toward the shoes and the pedi. A few pro-nail color comments, that’s good. Full disclosure - I’ve become a bigger fan of male toe color than heeling.

Logjam

• Like 1

I have been doing toe nail color for over a decade and fingernail color for almost two years. I am amazed by how any men tell me they wish they could have colored nails too. It's just my normal now, like heels.

• Like 1

Yessir....   I looked at the comments and noted the same thing, the less than positive comments...  I have been coloring my toes for about 10 years.  I started with less noticeable colors and over the years have gone to bolder shades.  In all I have probably gotten about 10 - 12 comments / compliments regarding my painted nails, all complimentary or accepting.  Some folks have expressed surprise when they first see the pedicure but after explaining that yes I do it or purpose cause it looks nice, no I did not loose a bet, they agree that it does look nice.  

The wife and kids are OK with it, all that matters to me....

Like high heels, others notice and don't seem to care or comment - that's just fine too....   Paint on.....  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I noticed all the negativity, too. I suspect it's mostly jealousy from insecure guys who are scared to death to wear anything that would remotely be seen as female. They probably wear lacy undies, though! LOL

If everyone were required to use their own legal name and be responsible for what they post, it would be a lot nicer world withough people hiding behind anonymity.

Steve

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

If everyone were required to use their own legal name and be responsible for what they post, it would be a lot nicer world withough people hiding behind anonymity.

Steve

Boy isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!  they all have big balls behind the keyboard.  Same goes in the work world, big typers but cowards in person.  I call people out to meet face to face in the work world all the time, not the same person who tried bitchslapping me on an email 

21 hours ago, Cali said:

I have been doing toe nail color for over a decade and fingernail color for almost two years. I am amazed by how any men tell me they wish they could have colored nails too. It's just my normal now, like heels.

By all indications I see, male nail color is slowly becoming “a thing”. It’s been discussed here, there are several “forums” on Flickr addressing the topic, at least two regularly active, and a very active “sub” on Reddit. Probably more.

i was quite surprised when, about four years ago, a woman podiatrist who treated me made the suggestion of wearing color on my toes; my at the time nail tech enthusiastically agreed, and so I started. I’m wearing “out” more, and have received several enthusiastic comments, all from younger women. Unfortunately, my dear wife still is not in favor, maybe that will change with time.

Logjam

• Like 2

With temperatures near 100 F, it was a shorts and sandals day.  Just love these Freebird Canti's. Love the retro look and the gorgeous sound they create. And my podiatrist loves my nail color, she has even painted her younger son's toes...

BlueToe2H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

Well, from what I've seen the "New Yorker" is typically liberal coastal nonsense disguised as magazine journalism. As far as the comments go I am not surprised by the slanted negativity to something different. Women do all sorts of things and are celebrated but let a man do it and somehow the gravitational pull of the Earth gets jolted. This is hardly the hallmark of an "enlightened" society. If a man simply wears what he wants, paints his toenails, and goes out the door with sufficient confidence I'll bet the reaction, and by extension, the enjoyment of spending the day out and about, will be much more positive. Steve63130 is correct. If people had to use their name, like the old letters to the editor, then many would not be able to hide behind crass anonymity. So many folks are followers and spectators anyway in their lives and rarely innovate unless they observe others. That's been my observation anyway. Follow your own path and express yourself!!  HinH

• Like 2