Cali World

Cali

Wore my burgundy Manji-S (SpeedLimit 98) to work today - see above. First thing my Admin said was "how high are those" and she handed me a ruler..6.25 heels, 1.75 platforms. Lots of double takes.

Had a hour to kill so I went to the big mall to look at heels in a large Women's Macy's. Tried on several heels but none fitted just right so no purchase. But many looks. 

The store where I got these has a grey pair and I think I'll get them too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cali said:

Wore my burgundy Manji-S (SpeedLimit 98) to work today - see above. First thing my Admin said was "how high are those" and she handed me a ruler..6.25 heels, 1.75 platforms. Lots of double takes.

Had a hour to kill so I went to the big mall to look at heels in a large Women's Macy's. Tried on several heels but none fitted just right so no purchase. But many looks. 

The store where I got these has a grey pair and I think I'll get them too.

Sounds great - well done.

Care to share a picture?

After a walk with a friend this morning she wanted to me in the heels I wore to work (and shopping).  She walked to how I walked in them, since she had no idea that anybody could walk in "those stilts". Got her to take some pictures, then ran some errands in them. 

Manji_bur2.JPG

Manji_bur1.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Back from my trip to the UK. Wore my Soda booties as much as possible. Had a woman (staff) at a Reading train station platform tell me "nice boots". Also wore my Madden Girl motorcycle booties to walk around rock rings, ditches, and rings in the drizzle

But for the most part too many cobblestone everywhere and cobblestones are not very heel friendly. Since most of the places I visited had cobblestone or where in fields, I couldn't wear my heels as much as I wished (needed to). After a day of playing tourist, I usually went to dinner at pubs in many cities and villages in my booties with no problem, even in Scotland.

I had one place I wanted to go to in my booties and get a picture, Costa.

How do you members who live with cobblestone wear high heels?

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Way to go, @Cali, as they say. Must have been an amazing trip for you!

I liked your Costa line - could have met with a member or 2 there ;-) 

Re the cobbles, I cant comment, as I don't get out in heels - but I certainly feel for you! 

Glad you had a good time in the UK. The US/£ exchange rate was nicely in your favour too.

I've lived in the UK all my life and I don't think we have many cobbled streets. Much more common in some parts of continental Europe. Perhaps there are more in areas often visited by tourists but in London (where I live) I rarely encounter cobbles. In Birmingham some of the areas around Gas Street Basin (a popular area for tourists, nightlife etc) there are certainly cobbled areas. I've seen local women in high heels walking on these with no problem. They must be well practiced.

This article gives a few cobbled streets in the UK. Most in areas popular with tourists:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/7154413/britains-most-picturesque-streets-revealed-as-cobbled-lanes-and-historic-buildings-which-will-leave-you-awestruck/

I had no clue what I was going to do for the last 11 days when I left, so I couldn't make plans. France (Paris), Birmingham, Liverpool, Blackpool, the Lake district, were all in the running, so I watched the weather and went to Edinburgh.

Cobbled streets are scarce down in here on the south coast. I can think of one in Rye, but I am hard pressed to think of any others. I ride bicycles all over the place and cobbled streets would certainly stick in my memory. They are far more common over on the continent. Bruges in particular  is well known among cyclists who often suffer Bruges Bottom whilst cycling there. 

Windsor, Tower of London, Edinburgh,  .. I don't carry an extra pair of heels/trainers with me, so if I will have to walk some distance on cobblestones I wear my trainers. And then the distilleries require you to wear flat shoes for their tours and tastings.

I saw a women in Windsor in stilettos walk fast and I was very impressed.

I've seen people in stilettos struggling at the Pitt Rivers museum in Oxford. It's a wondeful museum but take a torch (flashlight to those across The Pond) and if you're wearing heels make sure they're block ones. There are lots of grids in the floor.

Went in for my mani. My tech is going on vacation so she moved all her clients to two days this week. I took a call so I went outside. When I returned the woman waiting for her daughter to get finish asked me if my wedges were comfortable. They had each gotten two wedges that day for a vacation they where leaving on tomorrow.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cali said:

Went in for my mani. My tech is going on vacation so she moved all her clients to two days this week. I took a call so I went outside. When I returned the woman waiting for her daughter to get finish asked me if my wedges were comfortable. They had each gotten two wedges that day for a vacation they where leaving on tomorrow.  

I'm sure yours were higher ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the mall returning some clothes that didn't fit right and walked over to the Steve Madden store to try on shoes. Only tried two on, neither fit correctly. It nice to be treated as a loyal customer, recognized and respected. Boy did I get good service even though place was filled with women trying heels on, better than almost all the other customers.

What really surprised me was all the different make-up brands/stores with men featured on the large posters wearing eye make-up (shadow, liner, mascara, maybe even false lashes), foundation, lip stick as well as Pride Month statements. Is this a new standard in the Pride community?

• Like 2

Wore my burgundy Speed Limit 98 Manji to work this morning. See below.

First thing this morning at work a woman whistle at me and told me how nice my calves looked. What a way to start the day!

On the way home I stopped at Costco to get gas and some food items.  As I wait for people to clear out of my way in the fruit/vege cooler two women came over and told me how awesome my heels were and they wish they could walk in heels like that. Then as I was loading my stuff into my car, another car pulled in the empty space next to me and their first words were "did you walk thru Costco in those heels? They are amazing, I wish I could wear heels like that. You can really rock those." I told them I put them on at 7 in the morning (it was about 3:30 pm) and they were easy to walk in. They wanted to know were I got them and I told them the local store that carries them.

wk061819HH.JPG

• Like 3

If you are going to wear heels to work in the summer why hide them. Shorts and wedges today.

I was going to a coffee shop at work and two women passed me and told me that my shoes must be hard to walk in. I respond that they weren't, really very comfortable. As I walked in a woman behind me, also in high heels said to me, some people just can walk in heels and we laughed.

wk062019HH.JPG

• Like 2

These are two different posts that got merged by the site's software.

Monday June 24

This morning while walking with a colleague to our mailboxes, she told me she wished she had legs like mine so she could wear shorts. This past weekend it was hot and she wanted to but didn't because her legs did look good enough.  She also told me she wished she could walk in heels like I do.

Wednesday June 26

Retro - Wednesday (why not?)

Wore these FB Cantis to work and then to get my pedicure. Love these because the buckle above the toes allows you to adjust the strap. In my case, add an extra hole as well. Got a black pair as well.

Retyro2019HH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

I teased about this over in the Heels and shorts thread because I had this planned today.

This is Boots and Shorts.  Sometimes you just want to have fun.  Why not explode some people's minds for the Fourth of July? Mental fireworks?

On the way home after work I stopped for my bi-weekly manicure/acrylic nails. One woman at the nail salon asked me where I find my boots because she has the hardest time finding boots that fit.

Red shirt, white shorts, blue boots.

Shrt+boots01HH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's quite a look @Cali not everyone can pull that off!

Thanks @jeremy1986. It's not for everybody, since there no hiding in this outfit. You need to have a lot of self confidence to go to work this way because you WILL get a lot of stares. I try to wear Boot and Shorts at least 4 - 6 times a year because it's such a fun outfit to wear. Maybe one day I will get as bold as @CAT and wear a skirt instead of shorts.

• Like 3

You should wear a skirt!!!   You have so many other awesome outfits that people have complimented you on a skirt will not bring anything but more compliments. 

• Like 2

Cat is right. When people see male in heels there is point of no return. Meaning there minds are made up or label has been branded. 

Trying to hide the heels or boots camouflaged so to speak., none notices, is amusing or joke  because many will look eventually. 

Had same type of hang ups not with heels or skirt but feminine workout outfits in the past. Now I wear whatever colour I want or provocative outfits for my own pleasure. 

Those who find my appearance silly or wrong don’t look or ignore me. While others are intrigued, envious of what I wear. 

Just takes strong minded attitude that you careless what others will say. Disregarding  them haters  pointing  plastic fingers or heads turning laughing upon me. Only because they never seen some male wear feminized clothes or heels before. 

• Like 1

Agreed, fortunately I don't care anymore. Just turned 56 on the 3rd and am well past what the effers think when they see me. Might be us grey hairs who set the bar these days.

Anyway I'm trying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali said:

You have hair???  Lucky youngster.

Less and less. More in the ears than anywhere else. I don't shave my legs, have a toned beard and wear heels. Just like any guy, someday anyway. 

20190705_201715_resized.jpg

• Haha 2