Cali World

Cali

Streets are salted somewhat plowed yet so cold the snow won't melt. Yet the cold didn't discourage me visiting the mall doesn't stop many mature ladies either venturing out themselves. Had to make a quick decision to wear my born rubber sole block three inch heel booties or my new Karl Lagerfeld hiker boots visiting the mall. Thought to play it safe since it's cold and parking lots might be covered with blowing snow, since having wind gusts making it chiller then it was, i decided with the hiker boots and wool socks displayed on top of my  jeggings. 

To my surprise at the mall observing with more intrigue versus shopping were women's shoes or should i say boots they were wearing. Almost every woman i encountered with my short visit was wearing some sort of heel. In fact seen more woman wearing thicker stiletto heel knee high boots then i ever seen before. Even seen gal in five inch red sandal sling back stilettos which confused me because of the sloppy weather outside.  

Thinking because of the bad cold weather yet sunny skies woman would be in generally flat boots. Goes to show you never know what  woman will be wearing at any given day.  Although it seems to be older ladies 40's 50's years of age in heels rather any younger ones i may have glanced upon. Mall was quite from younger ladies maybe because it was too cold to go venture out  shopping. Felt it was a good time to venture out at the mall late sunday afternoon near closing time.  The shopping demographic seems to be more stylish and heel loving rather the normal black leggings flat sole knee boots or ugg wearing young woman. 

Did get many looks from woman even a bored  young SA had the surprised stare and scan of my attire namely the fur lined hooded parajumper jacket. If i read older female reactions correctly,  maybe they liked the style i was wearing as we made eye contact passing one another. Walking by shoe store one SA just locked her eyeballs onto my boots, after her initial full body scan for whatever reason. Woman maybe feeling suffocated wearing ugly winter boots needing to force the issue attiring there heels following bad storm day. Sort of same beliefs we as males on this forum go through mentally  desiring to do in public for ourselves and maintain some sanity wearing heels.

Just like anyone well styled  often motivates and encourages others and gives new ideas fashioning clothing when bad weather hits.  Do believe when the bad storm the previous day came through it narrows woman's choices of footwear they be wearing. When snow falls suppresses woman's choice of shoe attire they often need to express their desire by wearing heels  the next day as i mentioned above.

Could be coincidence or that woman want to wear heels even in a mall climate controlled mall setting. Seeing it would make it more difficult to venture outdoors on the snow icy street. One opinion i feel i learned was if the weather is dry and less frigid woman can wear almost anything heels at any given time. Often they decide to wear flats to the mall fully aware they can wear there heels later on the street because of there environmental reason allows it.

Think it's a matter of having to much of a good thing wearing heels whenever woman choose, often forgoing to where them at malls when shopping as change of pace. When the choice is limited for woman keeping there heel shoes  stored in the closet they resent that because of the weather. Yet often venturing in heels  in surroundings they normally wouldn't tread forcing the issue tired feet. Woman are more vain then we tend to believe.

Edited by MackyHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting the namesake.

I went heel shopping today, still looking for knee high leather boots with a full zipper.  The mall was EMPTY today, many shops had NO ONE in them shopping. Went to major brand names, Stuart Weitzman, Kors, Steve Madden, ….

Stuart Weitzman had a very nice leather pair for only $285 (reduced from $795+), but not in my size.

At the Steve Madden store a sales assistant and I got into talking boots. It turned out that she use to work at one of the Freebird stores and had meet the man that design Freebird shoes. I reached over to look at some boots and she asked “Are those Freebirds?”  I had my Freebird Blaze on today. We then went on talking about Freebird boots, how she rarely sees them in California. Then she said they named a shoe after her, a shoe that I own two pairs of – the FB Canti.

It’s a very small world out there.

FB Canti

RetrobH.JPG

• Like 5

A few years ago I was at an Aldo store where my manager friend worked when she showed me a boot with my last name on their website. I told her since my last name is very rare I found it unusual they would have named a boot with this name. I pointed out Aldo is headquartered in Quebec but even there the name is rare. I never saw the boots in-store and they were not available online soon thereafter. I think an email to the corporate office in Montreal about the origin of shoe and boot names may unravel this mystery. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Sounds like you guys had great days out, love talking boots with like minded strangers....  I don't think I have to worry about anyone naming boots after me though, "old corn flakes" probably won't attract many boot buyers

Edited by pebblesf
addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I bought these Soda Undine-S  last year (4/15) without trying them on. I had another Soda with a very similar design, so just got them. Well they were slightly tight. Sometime last year I put shoe stretchers in them and put them on top of my shoe cases (bookcases for shoes) and promptly forgot about them. Saw them tonight and wore them out to dinner. Fit great now! I plan to wear them to work tomorrow. More photos with them later.

Undine-Sh.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, Cali said:

After 14 hours on my feet. Time to take off these booties and slip on some wedges....

ElowenAfterWork H.JPG

Nice looking boots. Now where are them wedges?

10 hours ago, Cali said:

I bought these Soda Undine-S  last year (4/15) without trying them on. I had another Soda with a very similar design, so just got them. Well they were slightly tight. Sometime last year I put shoe stretchers in them and put them on top of my shoe cases (bookcases for shoes) and promptly forgot about them. Saw them tonight and wore them out to dinner. Fit great now! I plan to wear them to work tomorrow. More photos with them later.

Undine-Sh.JPG

Great looking booties. Enjoy

52 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

I have my wedges on right now and wear them around the house and out.

Wore my "errand" wedges to the post office yesterday. On the way out a woman walking towards me spotted my heels. She looked up and a smile came over her face . She gave me a special "hello" as we passed.

My wedges are mostly sandals or open toe and we've had rain for months now. The wedges will come out when the sun comes out and it drys out.  But my boots and booties need use too and it hard (at least for me) to wear my boots with shorts during the summer months. That's one of the down falls of having over 50 heels, when do you find the time to wear them all? 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, jeremy1986 said:

Mostly dry day BUT cold and windy. Had to have some medical stuff done, so I wore my wedges with socks in. Got to keep them toes warms!

Mules&Socks.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have friends on other sites, but my email is down and has been down for 10 days now. Some of those friends might look here at this thread to see if I still alive since I haven't responded to numerous emails. The thing is I can't email out. So don't get your Pinstripes bent outta shape.  Your all will hear from me once this issue is resolved.

BTW the cancer was very small and the surgery was very quick and easy. Only the Candy Striper at the entrance notice my heels as I watched her eyes follow my feet. Although the nurses went nuts over my fingernails.

Cali just being cryptic.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I visit a Nine West outlet only once and they had these. Next time the brick and mortar Nine west was gone. Too bad I learned about them too late to take full advantage of the outlet.

Well some years ago I came up with a definition of the climate as I have observed it in southern Wisconsin. 15 November-30 November is "soft winter" as plowable snows are few, wind chill isn't really a thing yet, and the ground can still be worked. 1 December - 14 March is "hard" winter when the ground freezes, more delicate plants have to come inside, the bulk of the snow occurs and the darkest period of the year also occurs. 16-31 March is "soft winter" when nights are still chilly but days are usually well above freezing and the ground thaws out. It is during this time when all the signs of spring at our latitude start appearing even though remnants of snow can still be seen. 1 April - 30 May is our spring, 31 May to 10 September is our summer and 11 September - 14 November is our fall. This is based on 27 years of observations at my latitude so these values change as one goes north or south and even west of us. There are indeed signs of spring here as the ground is not only ice and snow free but is drying out amid a prolonged stretch of sunny and dry weather here. I am indeed thinking of sandals and polished toes in the week ahead. 

We've had 61" of snow this season and 46" is normal for a whole season. The big memory this year was the brief but very intense cold at the end of January. -31F/-35C was a new record for me in this part of Wisconsin. Temperatures hit -45F/-42C at our place in far northern Wisconsin. That is really really cold for the lower 48 states! Here's to higher heels on display and lighter clothing :fine: HappyinHeels

I was surprise by how many high heels I saw flying today. Most were either boots - stilettos or booties with block heels, and some high wedges as well.  I had a 50 min wait before my flight that increased by an additional 40 minute delay at LAX, so I got up and walked around the terminal. With the hard floors of airports, my Soda booties made quite a loud sound. They were among the loudest, LOL. When we finally landed, the airport was basically closed and the 50 or so passengers had to walk about 25 bays through this empty cavernous airport to exit. You could hear the echo of those Soda booties the whole way.  Sometimes you just have to own the sound. 

soda booties.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1