Cali World

Cali

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Wearing a skirt or dress to work is a no go for me.  When its warm I'm typically in (short) shorts and open toe high heels.  This shorts with boots is a look I have done several times this year and I love it. I had a woman tell me I "owned that look" and my nails just topped it off.  But it takes a lot of nerve to walk out the door and go to work like this.

I can relate in that I insist on wearing tall boots all year, so we do what we gotta do :)  Sometimes when it is very hot that means I am out in shorts and boots.  While it is a weird look, where I live it would generally be less weird than a guy wearing a skirt.  I don’t think I would hesitate much with higher heel boots either, especially with a block or Cuban heel that is close to what I normally wear.  

Though I am in the market for a skirt or kilt to throw over my shorts in these situations.  Something to cover more of my legs, but comfortable in hot weather.  The selections for size 4/small seem limited at outlets so I might have to start hitting the larger department stores.  

• 2 weeks later...

I went to get my car service today. While waiting to get my car checked in a woman waiting to pick up her car came over and told me she like my heels, that I walked well in them, and looked like I could run in them. I told her I had boots I can run in. Her car came and she got in and off she went. I had my "beach" mules on, see above.

• Like 1

Since there have been some recent threads on children noticing your heels I thought I would relate today events at Costco.

Warm day here on the beach, mid 80’s, so I have short shorts, a polo shirt, and my Steve Madden Estrella’s, aka beach heels. Went to Costco, while at a “tasting station” I notice a young (7 – 9) girl look down at my heels then look up and smiled. I asked her if she liked them. No words but a VERY BIG smile.  We went different ways and I heard her tell her dad about my heels.

Then while checking out, these two older woman (sister’s) commented on my heels.

“Those are good looking heels, they look comfortable." Then the common “I can’t wear heels, wish I could.”

Just another day in Cali World.

costcoheelsH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

So last night was Halloween and my town shuts down 7 blocks of a central street and has a street Halloween party with several bands and tons of police present. Around 2 o'clock my friend convinced me to go with her, and we ended up as a pair of Spice Girls.  Lots of great costumes, here's me from behind.  The number of double, triple, ..., was hilarious

back01s.jpg

• Like 3

Out tonight for First Friday Art Tour. Saw a guy in doc martens booties with a 4 inch heel. Went over to him and told him good job, then showed my 4 inch heels.

That's Cali's World.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cali said:

Out tonight for First Friday Art Tour. Saw a guy in doc martens booties with a 4 inch heel. Went over to him and told him good job, then showed my 4 inch heels.

That's Cali's World.

So cool, wish I lived in/near
Cali's world

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a pair of knee high boots either in leather (cognac or grey/pewter) or suede (blue or grey/pewter). Maybe snake skin - LOL. Full zipper. At least a 4 inch difference between toe and heel. Platforms okay.

So I stopped by my local boutique. The manager greeted me, we chatted, only new boots with at least a 4 inch heel where these Delicous, but only in black. I was thinking about them and she said "why not just try them on, size 10 right."  Too tight, too similar. She told me to come back in 2 weeks, they should be getting some new boots in

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was sitting having an afternoon beer with some friends, sitting with my leg across the knee of the other. One of guys I was drinking with looked at my Freebird Blaze and said "those are some nice shoes."

The one below is a black pair, I wore my brown pair today.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-BLAZE_BLACK_SIDE.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Today I was sitting having an afternoon beer with some friends, sitting with my leg across the knee of the other. One of guys I was drinking with looked at my Freebird Blaze and said "those are some nice shoes."

The one below is a black pair, I wore my brown pair today.

STEVEMADDEN-FREEBIRD_FB-BLAZE_BLACK_SIDE.jpg

Yeah buddy, the love of heels/boots is unisex for sure....

I have one pair of Freebirds and I love them, want to wear them all the time.  I only wish they weren't so darned expensive.   I got mine at Saks off 5th on sale with extra 30% off that weekend but they still weren't cheap.  Dillards carries them but I never have seen them at their clearance center. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueparrot said:

I have one pair of Freebirds and I love them, want to wear them all the time.  I only wish they weren't so darned expensive.   I got mine at Saks off 5th on sale with extra 30% off that weekend but they still weren't cheap.  Dillards carries them but I never have seen them at their clearance center. 

Freebirds no long exists. They stopped being on the Madden website a few months ago.

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

I know it was almost a month ago but I'm still in awe of your Halloween outfit. Just so you know I didn't forget :fine: HinH

HinH you should see the videos of "THE WALK" my friend took from behind. Watching some of the reactions is hysterical!! Whenever I noticed some people looking and enjoying my costume I would wiggle my ass, do "THE WALK", look back, and blow them a kiss.

It was basically my high heels and her clothes and wig. Her Ex had bought her the dress, so it was perfect for me to use.  One woman told me I needed to do bigger boobs next time (too modest?) and another one told me to get some spanx and really show off my figure. LOL

I have lost some weight since you visited. It was tight in a size 10 at the start of summer and now size 10 slips off, my size 32 pants are starting to fall off too. So size 8 and size 31 now. I have a few size 6 and size 30 waiting.

===========================================

the Cali World World Tour is going to England in May.

What should I see?

What should I avoid?

Oh and I AM WEARING MY HEELS.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Thanks for finding their new site. "Steven" is Steve Madden, and "Steven" is still on the Steve Madden website. They make expensive heels but the leather is great. Too bad they don't have anything over 3.5 inch...too short for me.

• Like 1

I was last in England about 50 years ago, so I expect a few things have changed. I plan to visit Bath and Stonehenge since I have cousins in that area, but don't plan on having tea with the Queen this time. Thinking of heading into Scotland for a few days as well. Maybe France. I have about 19 days. I want to know what's worth seeing in jolly old england.

Yeah, one or two things might have changed....

Bath is nice in a Jane Austen sort of way. Stonehenge is quite touristy now. If you like Neolithic monuments and you're going up to Scotland there are some spectacular stone circles you can walk in amongst and get a much better feel for than Stonehenge - the Callanish Stones on the Isle of Lewis are quite haunting, although in May the midges will be horrible unless there's a strong breeze blowing. 

Britain has a lot to offer - are you after landscapes? history? old castles? Neolithic monuments? theatre?

It's a family wedding, and the details are just coming out for it. Then there are cousin from my other side that live in England. So I am looking for different things that I could do between places.  Some tourist stuff too. I'm just trying to put the dates together so I can get good cheap tickets now and then put details in later. 19 days is a lot of time to fill and the wedding is only about 4 days of events.

Seen the Tower, changing of the Guards, Church service at Westminster Abbey, ...., those haven't changed. Been to the Globe

So far all I have is coffee at a Costa.

Edited by Cali

I can give you some much better cafés than Costa...

I recommend the V&A Museum - they are very strong in fashion and design and have some excellent special exhibitions going at any one time. 

Greenwich, the National Maritime Museum and the Observatory are all good, and the ferry ride down the Thames to get there gives a nice sense of London

You won't see or hear Big Ben, it's covered in cladding and being restored. 

If you've not been here in 50 years, you might want to revisit the Globe - they have some excellent productions and if you don't mind standing, tickets can be had for as little as £5. 

There is an excellent (free) exhibition on Roman London at the Bloomberg Building

A few random thoughts... 

London and the UK as a whole have loads of smaller and quirky museums and other attractions. As a staritng point in London here are a few suggestions.

For a really offbeat little museum: http://www.thelasttuesdaysociety.org/museum-curiosities/

If you're a movie fan this one is great: http://www.cinemamuseum.org.uk/

Great little place and it's free: https://www.soane.org/

The great London museums and galleries are all free to visit for their main collections. You could spend half a lifetime here and not see everything. I think this is a full list of London's major world class museums and galleries: Science Museum, Natural History Museum, V&A, British Museum, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery,Tate Britain, Tate Modern

The Southbank is always interesting. From Tower Bridge, Globe, Borough Market, Southwark Cathedral, Golden Hind, Oxo Tower (somewhat hidden free public viewing area on top floor), Festival Hall, BFI, National Theatre, London Eye and loads more.

Eurostar will whisk you to Paris or Brussels in little more than 2 hours.

If you have a contactless credit or debit card it MAY work on London transport buses and tubes. Foreign cards don't always work. Otherwise get a pay-as-you-go Oyster card when you arrive. You can't use cash on London buses and it's an expensive way to travel on the tube.

My (foreign - Australian) credit card does not work on the tube - an irritating discovery I made one evening when I was in a hurry

If you are just getting about inner London - Westminster, the West End, Covent Garden etc it's often quicker, easier and more pleasant to walk than it is to take the tube.

7 hours ago, Cali said:

Thanks for finding their new site. "Steven" is Steve Madden, and "Steven" is still on the Steve Madden website. They make expensive heels but the leather is great. Too bad they don't have anything over 3.5 inch...too short for me.

They look to be hand made in Mexico just like the nicer cowboy boots with Goodyear welts and pegged soles!  I’d be all over this except that all their designs have zippers, which I think interrupts the look of the buckles...

Cali,

I had a work trip to Great Britain in December of 2012 and took advantage of the Chunnel and bullet train to Paris. Despite being primarily French (and Indian) blood I had never set foot in France until then and the tunnel and high-speed train made it all possible. Several people wondered what took me so long. I replied I was like a long lost cousin finally coming to dinner and that seemed to get laughs. I highly recommend the train experience. London was pretty nice too. I can hold my own playing darts with those folks. HinH

I don't think we have bullet trains here in the UK. Their natural habitat is Japan. in France they have TGV (Trains a Grand Vitesse) and near identical technology is used on the Eurostar trains that run through the tunnel.