Cali World

Cali

I thought I would start a blog of some of my daily events.  

So I start with today's events.

Today I decided to go shopping BEFORE work. I also plan on wearing my new Steven Madden Manner.

Found out real fast that driving in the Manners was impossible, so I took a pair to drive in.

My destination was a large mall. I parked my car and put on the Manners. So comfortable. Walked in through a store and paid off my minor credit card bill. The woman who took my money went wild over my fingernails. Called another woman over to see them and asked alot of questions. Then when I walked away they saw my heels and made positive comments about them.

Next stop was the Steve Madden store. Store was empty, but the saleswoman greeted by "Haven't seen you for a while, what can I get for you." I told here I wanted to get another Manner, in the tan color, but I needed to pay with my Steve Madden gift card. She did a great job and I got all the special added discounts (and MORE). This is where shopping in person really pays off. She went out of her way to get me an unreal low price.  While I was there I took the opportunity to try on the Deanna. My feet are not meant for pumps.

A few doors down was the Aldo store. I love their gel pads, wear them almost all my heels. So I went in and got another 5 pairs of pads. I think I sold some pads to the woman behind the counter. She loved my heels and asked me to teach her how to walk in heels.  

I walked back to my car and off to work.  Overall today I had at least 15 people (including 3 guys) tell me they liked, loved, or WOW for those Manners. That's the most reaction I have ever gotten with a pair of heels and I wear heels every day.  Also had at least a dozen women ask me about my nails, who and where did I get them done.

• Like 6

Cali,

Okay, good story. Now since I know what you look like but do not know what the "Manners" look like could you post a photo of them?? You must work late enough that the mall was open. Nearly every mall I've seen in this area may open at 0930 for walkers and 1000 for business. I'm glad your experience there was good as it seems at least one sales associate knew you. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Cali : HappyinHeels has a good point. What are manners ? Except for being polite . Good going with all of the compliments.

Post photos of (manners) and nails.  I hope you have as much success with your new Blog as Jeff B has had. Still can not 

remember if we have met.         spikesmikeDSCF5308.thumb.JPG.273433d0251f1edfe4c90bc9d453221e.JPG

• Like 2

I started this blog because I'm an everyday heel wearer, so I have interactions with people everyday.

HiH - My Steve Madden Manners is in the new shoes thread, but I'll put another picture here. Bought the Chestnut colored suede mules and when I saw it went on sale, with had an extra 20% off on top. I had to get the other color before they were gone. Since I wanted to use my discount Gift Card I had go to a company store.

spikesmike - we have never met.

Manner1sH.JPG

The color of the streaks changes depending on the angle of the light source.

MannerwNh.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Why not set blog rules for posters (so that your posts are well identified e.g. by a specific font not allowed for others)?

I'll think about.

This has been an unusual week. I had 3 males tell me they liked my heels on Tuesday and then today another male walking in the other direction stop me to tell me that "I wears heels too, but those are gorgeous". And off he went.

SL98 Manji-H

And my new tan SM Manners showed up today :) 

work9_12_18H.JPG

• Like 4

After writing a shoe review with pictures this morning, I went to the beach watched whales feed. At my regular manicure, the woman next to me had these nice wedges. I complimented her on her wedges and she told me that she "was admiring my heels as well."

12 hours ago, Cali said:

After writing a shoe review with pictures this morning, I went to the beach watched whales feed. At my regular manicure, the woman next to me had these nice wedges. I complimented her on her wedges and she told me that she "was admiring my heels as well."

Don't forget to swap pics next time! 

I had my new SM Manner in chestnut on and she had these new grey wedges she found for $19. No pictures..what's said at a manicure stays at the manicurist.  What women say to their manicurist is simply amazing. ;) 

Off to work this morning in my shorts and boots, 14 hour day.  Of all the shoes I wear, wear boots with shorts is the hardest and the funnest looks to wear.  Many women (and a few men) loved these boots today.

SamrenoandShorts.JPG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cali,

Took a second look at your SM Manners photo and realized I have a handbag which matches both of those colors. I only have two pairs of mules. They are best worn barefoot otherwise they'll slide with hosiery. I have worn wedges both barefoot and with hosiery. If I'm not shoe shopping I'll wear them barefoot. Hosiery allows for trying on shoes quickly and efficiently without messing around with those little tryons. It would seem you are having a noticeable effect in your seaside town which is a good thing indeed. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Why hardest ?

When you have sandals on with shorts most people glance over your footwear and think nothing about. When you wear knee boots and shorts its more "in your face" to other people and they almost have to think about it and react. For me the hardest part are those first steps as you get out of your car and into the public or work. After that not problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cali said:

When you have sandals on with shorts most people glance over your footwear and think nothing about. When you wear knee boots and shorts its more "in your face" to other people and they almost have to think about it and react. For me the hardest part are those first steps as you get out of your car and into the public or work. After that not problem.

I don’t even wear high heels and I can relate to this.  When I walk around in western boots and shorts it draws a lot of attention, because it is a very atypical outfit for guys.  When you take those first steps out in public, you stop to check yourself and the way you look if you know you will effectively be walking onto a stage of heightened attention.  

• Thanks 1

After not finding any new heels at my local boutique I decided to take a quick look at the stores in the big mall near my work. I had about 45 minutes to shop. On my way to Steve Madden store I passed two women eating at a deli. I noticed pne of the women spot my heels. They were getting up to leave, so I asked her "Do you liked my heels?" "Oh very much so."

Steve Madden had special in-store only cards for pass members. I randomly got a 40% off card. This store manager knows me and is always very friendly with me.  She knows what I like and will show me what's new. I wanted to try the YOUTHFUL (see below) but they hadn't receive a pair yet. I went through their and then I wanted to try these stiletto booties. The manager brought me the heels and took all the paper out of then. They were tight so she loosen up the laces and I put them on, zipped up the side and start to tighten the laces. As I pulled the laces the shoe feel apart and 3 metal rivets holding the lace rings popped out and flew across the store.  That was their only size 10 in those heels. So I left without buying anything, but got the 40% off card.  

A few doors down is an Aldo store, so I walked in to see their new boots. Again the manager greeted me and came over to talk. She told me she hadn't seen me for a while. I told her I had been in several times, but she was not in. I saw some red suede knee high boots and asked to try them on...no luck, not in stock in size 10, but they had the dark brown leather in stock and she went and got them. They didn't fit, my calves are too large to zip them up. I thanked her. She told me to try back in two weeks as they are just getting their fall styles in.The store was busy, but I got great service.

On the way out of the mall I went through Macy's to look at their boots. Big display but not many with full zippers and 4 inch heels.  I was looking at the Santana motorcycle boots when a SA came over and asked if I needed help.  I picked up the boots and said I like these, but I already have several pairs that look like them. She looked confused, so I lift my back of my leg up and showed her the 5 inch heels I had on. "Oh my gosh, I would never have guessed."

I was running late so I got into my car and went back to work.  As I was entering the build thru a keyed door I heard a woman say something, so I turned around and she came up and asked me "How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Wear heels, don't your feet hurt. I can't wear heels for more than a hour without pain."

I told her that they don't hurt, that I had put them on a 9 am and would wear them to about 10 pm. It was 4 pm then. We talked for about 10 minutes about heels.

YOUTHFUL_BLACK-LEATHER.jpg

• Like 1

Well done, Cali! You've added some cool looking footwear to your collection! Good for you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Cali,

Must be a mall I hadn't noticed when I was in town. I eventually found the one in South San Francisco. Trees obscure the sign coming from the west (from 280) and that's why we didn't see it. I wore some Target "Xhiliration" boots with 5" stiletto heels and jeans on Thursday to an outdoor mall and got no apparent reaction. The day before was much warmer at 86F/30C and wore some typical summer wedges with 5.5"/16cm heels and got two very positive comments. I'll bet it was the bright green toes but I may be wrong. HappyinHeels

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

Must be a mall I hadn't noticed when I was in town. I eventually found the one in South San Francisco. Trees obscure the sign coming from the west (from 280) and that's why we didn't see it. I wore some Target "Xhiliration" boots with 5" stiletto heels and jeans on Thursday to an outdoor mall and got no apparent reaction. The day before was much warmer at 86F/30C and wore some typical summer wedges with 5.5"/16cm heels and got two very positive comments. I'll bet it was the bright green toes but I may be wrong. HappyinHeels

Westfield Valley Fair Mall is a very big mall. It has a Women's Macy's and a Men's/other Macy's, Nordstrom, ...

@Cali - good for you for squeezing some feedback from the one lady! Did you manage to talk to her more, or was that it?

Pity about those rivets... those ankle boots are quite cute!

Also, re the pic of you in shorts and boots - well done. Do I see a sock sticking out the one boot? What do you tend to wear beneath the boots? Esp in summer? 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Also, re the pic of you in shorts and boots - well done. Do I see a sock sticking out the one boot? What do you tend to wear beneath the boots? Esp in summer? 

I replaced most of my socks with knee highs a few years ago.  They fit me much better and I like the variety. So I match my socks to the rest of my wardrobe.  I found that men's small socks was to small to go passed my ankles and men's large had too much "foot", I would have an extra inch of sock and no place to put it. So I either go sock-less in my open toe heels and wear knee highs otherwise. In that photo I hadn't pushed the sock down enough into the boot and out of site, the little bugger popped out.

====

So I did blue on blue on blue on blue on ....

Blue Suede Impo Owney boots

Blue shorts

Blue silk shirt

Blue nails

=====

Several compliments from men and women today. On the way home tonight I stopped and picked up two quarts of ice cream. I handed my money to the serve and he said "I like your nails." I responded with "they go with my heels" and lifted one leg to show him. "Oh wow...."

blueonblueH.JPG

Cali,

I have some knee boots just like those in suede which I think is what you have there. Is that colour on your nails periwinkle? It does look nice. I have never tried that colour but should some day. I just changed my toe colour from bright green to dark red a few days ago. I have never worn shorts with boots but have worn dresses and skirts with boots which results in the same amount of exposed legs. I suppose the shorts with boots is just a look people are not used to.  I think you made the right call in starting this thread as it has been interesting so far. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

I have some knee boots just like those in suede which I think is what you have there. Is that colour on your nails periwinkle? It does look nice. I have never tried that colour but should some day. I just changed my toe colour from bright green to dark red a few days ago. I have never worn shorts with boots but have worn dresses and skirts with boots which results in the same amount of exposed legs. I suppose the shorts with boots is just a look people are not used to.  I think you made the right call in starting this thread as it has been interesting so far. HappyinHeels

Wearing a skirt or dress to work is a no go for me.  When its warm I'm typically in (short) shorts and open toe high heels.  This shorts with boots is a look I have done several times this year and I love it. I had a woman tell me I "owned that look" and my nails just topped it off.  But it takes a lot of nerve to walk out the door and go to work like this.

Thanks for the compliment.  Because of my acrylic nails I need to get them done every two weeks, so I am always looking for a new design. In the past three months I had two versions of "powder chrome", "magnetic", many different types of ombres. If you look at the Serena Williams Chase ATM commercial you will see her nails as she pulls her ATM card out of the machine, I had those last month and then a purple version.

The color above is an ombre of blue and purple.  My nail artist likes to use glitter in ombres, so this is a sky blue gel, two coats, small purple glitter chips painted with a dry brush. When she is happy with it, she paints a clear coat gel on top and sets it. When you put them up to the sky they blend in. 

I have periwinkle in which is a slightly different color.

What can I say, I'm a high maintenance kind of guy....and I love it!!!