Costa in boots

maninboots

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve missed this place the last couple of weeks, loads on at work I’m afraid but back here again today, pleased to see the staff haven’t forgot my regular order, wearing my next western slouch knee high boots under jeans today, 3 teenage lads at the counter when i walked in but otherwise the place was empty, been here about 10 minuets now and it’s gradually filling up, all strange faces so far aswell today, nobody’s taking any notice at all of the boots, just a typical Sunday morning in Costa 

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, Kjones92 said:

Ive read a few comments on this site from others about observing others while heeling in public. Is it about enjoying the attention and wanting to be noticed or people not making big deal or noticing much that makes it fun?

For me, it is a combination of both....On one hand, I do want to "blend in" somewhat, surely don't want everyone staring and snickering.  But, on the other hand, I am always hoping for a compliment as well...

The thing is, how often does any stranger compliment anyone on their dress sense? Almost never. Strangers seldom even say hello, let alone venture a personal comment. It’s rare, vanishingly rare.

And these days, of course, if a guy was to compliment a woman in any way he would be setting himself up for a harassment charge. 

People just keep to themselves. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The thing is, how often does any stranger compliment anyone on their dress sense? Almost never. Strangers seldom even say hello, let alone venture a personal comment. It’s rare, vanishingly rare.

And these days, of course, if a guy was to compliment a woman in any way he would be setting himself up for a harassment charge. 

Well yes, we DO keep to ourselves these days, and it's a shame. And it's a shame that it's a shame, to quote Lyle Lovett (if memory serves). But it's the way of the world these days. The reason I replied to this is because of an experience I had several years ago as a new-ish male heeler. I was walking in my neighborhood, which is near a college campus, and a young man and his girlfriend stopped me on the street, and asked about my footwear. The young man was a bit geeky-looking (how judgmental am I?), and I suppose wanting to express his feelings of broad-mindedness, and told me how he really appreciated how I could wear whatever I wanted, and not really care what other people thought.

Within a few moments, he suggested that perhaps I craved attention and comments from others. I told him that actually, no, I did not want attention, and that I really wished that people would just leave me the hell alone. In retrospect, this was perhaps a less than polite thing to say to a stranger, particularly to a very earnest young man, but it certainly did the trick. He bid me goodbye in a hurried and apologetic manner, and I still regret my behavior to this day. OK, not that much. But I still remember the encounter all these years later.

• Like 1

By the same token, his suggestion that you secretly were craving attention set up the response. So while you might regret your comment, he set the stage for it, not you. He may well regret his comment too.

Just one of those unfortunate things. 

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The thing is, how often does any stranger compliment anyone on their dress sense?

I get a compliment about once a week from complete strangers, either on my heels or on my nails. This past week I was trying on new ski boots and as I pulled my pant legs up out of the way, the boot salesman complimented me on my fingernails. He said nothing about the 4 inch heel booties I had just taken off

nailsNheelsH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I totally agree with this!

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I get compliments on what I am wearing every week, and it is still usually unrelated to my heels.  I think men dress so homogenously now that anything different will be noticed.  

Whether it be a suede jacket, a bow tie, or 4” heels, I don’t wear what I wear to get attention, exactly.  But I AM wearing it to be different, because otherwise life would be too boring.  I am not trying to scream and drown out everyone else, but rather contribute another color to the spectrum of what is around us.  If people quit contributing their different colors, then the world will become monochromatic.  

Most people would say it would be embarrassing to show up to the office or  coffee shop wearing the exact same thing as someone else.  Even worse if it were a formal party, and two women showed up in the same dress!  Yet people still set themselves up for the “inbred fashion” look when they “play it safe” and wear only what everyone else happens to be wearing.  It may feel cozy at first, but I can’t help but notice its correlation to a growing, broader narrow-mindedness that seems to accompany it...

Two women showing up at the same party wearing identical dresses would, more than likely, be noticed only by other woman.  Men might notice but it wouldn’t really bother them. Women really dress for “other women” and to appear attractive to men (According to my wife .). 

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

Two women showing up at the same party wearing identical dresses would, more than likely, be noticed only by other woman.  Men might notice but it wouldn’t really bother them. Women really dress for “other women” and to appear attractive to men (According to my wife .). 

True, most guys are relatively oblivious  but there is a point at which wearing something so identical will finally catch their eye.  Any time two guys show up to a meeting in the office with identical shirts, a guy always notices and points it out.  But you are right in that many will just shrug it off as a coincidence and not find any significance in it.  Though if a colleague ever show up with the same 4” heels that I am wearing, that will not be a mere coincidence...

Edited by p1ng74
Spelling
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, Shyheels said:

By the same token, his suggestion that you secretly were craving attention set up the response. So while you might regret your comment, he set the stage for it, not you. He may well regret his comment too.

Just one of those unfortunate things. 

I agree....He probably was a bit uneasy, and ended up saying the wrong thing....

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, Cali said:

I get a compliment about once a week from complete strangers, either on my heels or on my nails. This past week I was trying on new ski boots and as I pulled my pant legs up out of the way, the boot salesman complimented me on my fingernails. He said nothing about the 4 inch heel booties I had just taken off

nailsNheelsH.JPG

Cool!

Another Saturday morning in my favourite place lol, a bit quiet here today, only me and the staff here at the moment.

Gone for my Dorothy Perkins black knee high boots with 4” heels and full side zip worn today with a pair of skinny joggers.

So it’s just me, my boots and my coffee by the looks of things today 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by maninboots
  • Like 4

I just noticed that the area where you're lounging is carpeted - is that in the coffee shop? How do they deal with the inevitable spill?

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

2 hours ago, Aly said:

I just noticed that the area where you're lounging is carpeted - is that in the coffee shop? How do they deal with the inevitable spill?

Yeah it’s part carpet and part wooden flooring, it’s a good point about spillages, not really sure how they handle that to be honest but the carpet doesn’t look stained at all 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maninboots said:

Another Saturday morning in my favourite place lol, a bit quiet here today, only me and the staff here at the moment.

Gone for my Dorothy Perkins black knee high boots with 4” heels and full side zip worn today with a pair of skinny joggers.

So it’s just me, my boots and my coffee by the looks of things today 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You are so cool in those boots, wish I could join you buddy!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

You are so cool in those boots, wish I could join you buddy!

You never know one day mate 

Sunny Sunday morning in Costa, I’m always a couple of hours later on a Sunday so inevitably there’s more people in, mostly women today actually.

I’m wearing some black leather riding boots, knee high with a tan band round the top, full length rear zip and believe it or not, flat heels, yes i do wear flats occasionally.

Filling up nicely in here now, glad i managed to get my normal comfy seat, let’s see how the morning progresses 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I wear ruding style knee boots all the time - it’s my default winter wear - and as far as I know nobody notices. It’s a look that passes unremarked. 

I actually have a few pairs of flat boots which i do wear quite a lot but i think it’s possibly due to this site mainly aimed at men in heels, i only really regularly post pictures of my high heeled boots, silly really i suppose 

4 minutes ago, maninboots said:

I actually have a few pairs of flat boots which i do wear quite a lot but i think it’s possibly due to this site mainly aimed at men in heels, i only really regularly post pictures of my high heeled boots, silly really i suppose 

I think it is quite fair to mention flat riding style boots. Tall boots, like heels, is a style that has been appropriated by women. It is, however, a style I think could fairly easily be reclaimed. It is a look that really does pass unnoticed, and were it seen more often, and tall boots made more readily available for men, or in larger sizes, I think it could well come back. And reclaiming anything in the footwear line would represent a victory of sorts.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Nice looking boots. and I knew @Shyheels would respond here about the flats - and rightly so :) 

That seat should have your name on it by now! 

Yeah i think i might have to show you all some more of my flats aswell as my heels, can’t have you all getting bored of seeing the same pairs every week can i.

Yes Jeremy, I’ve claimed that seat as my own now, I’m sure the weekend regulars deliberately avoid that seat now because they know I’ll be in soon lol 

1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

I think it is quite fair to mention flat riding style boots. Tall boots, like heels, is a style that has been appropriated by women. It is, however, a style I think could fairly easily be reclaimed. It is a look that really does pass unnoticed, and were it seen more often, and tall boots made more readily available for men, or in larger sizes, I think it could well come back. And reclaiming anything in the footwear line would represent a victory of sorts.

Well said mate 

I do regularly wear these boots under suit trousers for more formal wear as due to my little feet i don’t actually possess any ‘’’mens” shoes, a men’s 6 is almost a full size bigger than a women’s 6 and i can get into a women’s 5, so men’s shoes are always way too big for me 

• Like 2

Well I’ve just totally surprised the staff at Costa by walking in on a Monday morning, not much work on this week due to half term.

Gone for the snake ankle boots today teamed with the grey jeans, couldn’t wait to get back into heels again after a day in flats. 

A bit quiet here again at the moment, probably get a few in shortly on their way to work, time to chill with my latte 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maninboots said:

Well I’ve just totally surprised the staff at Costa by walking in on a Monday morning, not much work on this week due to half term.

Gone for the snake ankle boots today teamed with the grey jeans, couldn’t wait to get back into heels again after a day in flats. 

A bit quiet here again at the moment, probably get a few in shortly on their way to work, time to chill with my latte 

Customers will probably start arriving now that you are at Costa!

53 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Yeah they did Don, about a dozen or so came in and all of them men, none of them seemed interested though 

Well, perhaps they didn't "seem interested", but they noticed and were intrigued for sure....

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Do you want them to be interested? Isn't quiet acceptance preferable?

Yes definitely, I’m always watching to see if there’s a reaction but always pleased when there isn’t, unless it’s complimentary of course 

• Like 2

I’m back here again today on a really foggy Sunday morning, showing off my new tan riding style boots from new look, nice little 2 1/2” block heels, worn over some skinny black jogging trousers. 

Lots of people in here today and a few regulars who have passed the time of day with me. 

Time now to enjoy my latte and quietly observe. 

Hope you like them by the way 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by maninboots
  • Like 3