Costa in boots

maninboots

Here is a good one. Today I was thrift shopping, not something I do often, and while wearing a 5 inch pump an employee started to laugh and said I will get her in trouble. I told her "everyone needs to laugh at work". She responded, still giggling, "and they fit too". I just kept going about my business. I'm sure I left an impression with her.

Maybe a negative reaction, but that's ok, figure I surprised her. Meantime I had 4 compliments. 

I went in for a pedicure (since my hands can't do it any more) and 5 women came by just to what heels I came in with and to see my fingernails (Mermaid Sparkle gel). Today it was my black Ormy (just below) knee boots with a 4+ inch boots. Yes, there ARE expectations and we better live up to them. 

Edited by Cali

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Here is a good one. Today I was thrift shopping, not something I do often, and while wearing a 5 inch pump an employee started to laugh and said I will get her in trouble. I told her "everyone needs to laugh at work". She responded, still giggling, "and they fit too". I just kept going about my business. I'm sure I left an impression with her.

Maybe a negative reaction, but that's ok, figure I surprised her. Meantime I had 4 compliments. 

Sounds like you made her day anyway. 

On 11/1/2018 at 8:19 PM, HeeledSteve said:

I imagine the Costa staff will be getting a real interest in your "boots or shoes of the day" so to speak. There is usually at least one staff member, usually female who appreciates an alternative style and enjoys seeing what that days trend is. I used to go each Saturday to a local Starbucks always with that weekends  coloured nail polish on. One lady there always would check the colour and even ask the details, name make etc  if it was a colour she wanted for herself. I can see it won't be long before your boots and shoes are having a similar effect.

Yeah the staff are definitely getting to know me now, i don’t need to ask for what i want as they know my regular order and are preparing it as i walk through the door, one female member of staff did ask me the other week if i was doing anything nice that day, to which i replied i might go and do some shoe shopping, she then said what more heels, and i said yeah more than likely, so obviously she has noticed, they most probably will comment the first time i don’t wear heels to be honest 

• Like 1

I'ts good to have a regular coffee shop were you have a rapport with the staff. Not easy to find away from the independent shops. Many of the big chains change staff regularly and often serve coffee that's not that good. I used to go in a small shop each morning before work and there were a few of us, all doing different jobs who would meet each other for coffee. Sadly they opened a Cafe Nero across the road from it. That killed the trade and it had to close. I've struggled to find anywhere with the atmosphere or the quality of coffee since then.

Addicted to the click

17 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

There is a time and a place for everything. Just like how in a conversation, there is a time to listen, and a time to speak, perhaps we use the same discernment on what to wear.  There is a time to “listen” and meet expectations, and a time to “speak” and introduce new ideas.  

Well said....

On 11/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Absolutely true. But should we meet the expectations of others? For our own mental comfort? 

Not everyone, just the Significant Other if you want to have a peaceful relationship. It's compromise. We both give a little and we're happy.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit busy in Costa this morning, I’m here again in my faux snake skin shoe boots, people literally sat all around me as there aren’t many spare tables left now, a couple of smiles and the odd good morning from some of the regulars i see each week but other than that no reaction from anybody, absolutely loving it 

• Like 4

Had a day off today so after a few things I had to do first. Having1865267073_Costa2.thumb.JPG.10a70f2bb4b31150b5d7044ed462d461.JPG been inspired by the thread to make my own "Costa Visit", although not in snake skin stilettos. My trip was in black 2" cone heel ankle boots. Enjoyed a leisurely americano before strolling out and across to the car.

• Like 3

Addicted to the click

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Very nice!

Sounds like HHP ought to buy shares in Costa...!

Yeah before long we’ll have them full of men in high heeled boots, now there’s a challenge, let’s all get along to our local Costa 

18 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Yeah before long we’ll have them full of men in high heeled boots, now there’s a challenge, let’s all get along to our local Costa 

What an interesting morning at Costa that would be!

Perhaps an informal membership gained simply by posting a photo of your heels in a Costa.

Might be a way to encouarage a public heel wearing experience and lets face it everyone has access to a Costa.

we could have a basic membership for block heels or cone heels ( that’s me for example) with progression to advanced membership if you post pics of stilettos ( like maninnoots)Here’s the Costa I joined the Costa Click Club at

4FB3D862-36F8-4D0D-9A73-FD78BB4FDB29.jpeg

Addicted to the click

We need to find a central Costa to us all and meet up, could be a lot of fun and we’d take the place by storm, might even give the more conservative heelers the extra confidence to progress with their heeling, something to think about 

44 minutes ago, maninboots said:

We need to find a central Costa to us all and meet up, could be a lot of fun and we’d take the place by storm, might even give the more conservative heelers the extra confidence to progress with their heeling, something to think about 

Yes, a meet up works wonders for our confidence, that is for sure....

Stopped in for a quick americano after work before driving1251946998_Costa091118.thumb.JPG.14388430f3718a7dbc9c852c0af73bf9.JPG home. Enjoyed a ten minute relaxing break before leaving to drive home. It's a good way to get out in public with my boots especially the walk down the High Street to and from the car and sitting with the heels showing relaxing back with a coffee. Coffee and heels what better way to start the weekend. 

• Like 5

Addicted to the click

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

That is what I am doing right now

1EB0DE97-2FE7-4841-A240-B57F053A9DB8.jpeg

Fine meal and a Kirin. Like this.

For my fellow northeastern friends, Genny Creamale. Cheap but lots of full body flavor.

Cheers everyone and good weekend. 

8 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Stopped in for a quick americano after work before driving1251946998_Costa091118.thumb.JPG.14388430f3718a7dbc9c852c0af73bf9.JPG home. Enjoyed a ten minute relaxing break before leaving to drive home. It's a good way to get out in public with my boots especially the walk down the High Street to and from the car and sitting with the heels showing relaxing back with a coffee. Coffee and heels what better way to start the weekend. 

What a nice coffee break. I think you've found a great way to enjoy wearing your boots. And as you say a great start to the weekend. 

7 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Fine meal and a Kirin. Like this.

For my fellow northeastern friends, Genny Creamale. Cheap but lots of full body flavor.

Cheers everyone and good weekend. 

Looks perfect, a relaxing start to the weekend

Addicted to the click