Costa in boots

maninboots

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Hotel lobbies and airport terminals (and business lounges) are especially interesting because people you see there are travelling. They are out of their home environs and on the road, actors in some ongoing story you as the viewer  can only guess at. The way they dress offers insight and becomes important. Footwear offees especially intriguing glimpses into their personalities and how they see themselves.

The funny thing is, for many years I used to specifically not wear boots when in the airport, because I felt like men's dress shoes would be easier to pull on and off for the TSA checkpoints.  It became the only time I would not wear boots.  It took years for my to finally realize that pull on boots are actually easier in the airport, because I don't have to fuss with laces.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

The funny thing is, for many years I used to specifically not wear boots when in the airport, because I felt like men's dress shoes would be easier to pull on and off for the TSA checkpoints.  It became the only time I would not wear boots.  It took years for my to finally realize that pull on boots are actually easier in the airport, because I don't have to fuss with laces.  

It’s a tough one. My knee and Otk boots are all pull ons and while I find putting them in quite easy, removing them for security is a pain because there’s no place to sit down and pull them off. There are places to sit and out your shoes or boots back in once you’ve cleared security, but in the queue for the x-ray machine all you can do is hop around. And if your boots are comfortably snug, as well fitting ones usually are, it is a real time consuming hassle for you and everyone behind you in the queue. 

• Like 1

I can imagine OTK being difficult, but I regularly take my 19" knee high boots through TSA security.  Perhaps the more fitted women's boots with zippers are more involved, but with western boots I just grab the heel and yank.  It involves a little bit of flexibility, but I have plenty of practice every day with them, and I end up holding the line less than when I bend all the way down to tie and untie shoelaces.  

• Like 1

Mine are riding style or biker style and fairly snugly fitting. Over here you don't usually have to remove your footwear unless you are wearing boots so aside from the hopping around and removing them, I have a further incentive of wearing trainers so I don't have to do anything at all. 

• Like 1

Back again in another pair of boots, these are my old faithfuls, about 15 years old now but moulded to my feet now, super comfortable, 4” stiletto pointy toe from George at Asda, served me well these and still going strong 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back again in another pair of boots, my old faithfuls, 4” stilettos pointy toes brought from George in Asda about 15 years ago, think they’ve moulded to the shape of my feet now so super comfortable, absolutely love these boots and still going strong 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I totally agree!

Enjoy your coffee - if that's possible at a Costa! 

I love Costa coffee, can’t beat their latte, comfortable seating,, maybe a little over priced but we can’t have everything, and no better place to show off a nice pair of boots 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maninboots said:

I love Costa coffee, can’t beat their latte, comfortable seating,, maybe a little over priced but we can’t have everything, and no better place to show off a nice pair of boots 

Sounds like a nice set up you have there and a very pleasant way to start off a weekend morning! Enjoy! Treat yourself to a second latte and out your feet up, as it were!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick post, thought I should share in this area as well. Sitting in a nice cafe, having a coffee on the footpath watching the world go by

Chinos and 'HOT OPTIONS' leopard print stilettos pumps, 12 cm heel, 1.5 cm platform, 100% synthetic. They are still a bit firm, not tight, just need to soften a little.

Easy to walk in and ride scooter in

Enjoy your day

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

• Like 3

Regards

James

14 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Just a quick post, thought I should share in this area as well. Sitting in a nice cafe, having a coffee on the footpath watching the world go by

Chinos and 'HOT OPTIONS' leopard print stilettos pumps, 12 cm heel, 1.5 cm platform, 100% synthetic. They are still a bit firm, not tight, just need to soften a little.

Easy to walk in and ride scooter in

Enjoy your day

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

Lovely shoes and what a great way to the time away 

Well I’m here again, this time in my latest purchase, snake skin pattern shoe boots from new look with a 3” stiletto heel, first outing for these, not too busy here at the moment but what few people there are in here certainly have had a good look, pretty stand outish these to be fair 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:16 AM, jeremy1986 said:

These boots look great - I love the height/length! 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:41 AM, maninboots said:

Back again in another pair of boots, these are my old faithfuls, about 15 years old now but moulded to my feet now, super comfortable, 4” stiletto pointy toe from George at Asda, served me well these and still going strong 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back again in another pair of boots, my old faithfuls, 4” stilettos pointy toes brought from George in Asda about 15 years ago, think they’ve moulded to the shape of my feet now so super comfortable, absolutely love these boots and still going strong 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those boots are great....Remind me of my RL boots that I love to wear....Hard to keep heel tips on them though, keeping the shoemaker in business!

2 hours ago, maninboots said:

Well I’m here again, this time in my latest purchase, snake skin pattern shoe boots from new look with a 3” stiletto heel, first outing for these, not too busy here at the moment but what few people there are in here certainly have had a good look, pretty stand outish these to be fair 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Killer boots, look very masculine with the grey jeans....Home run

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:19 AM, maninboots said:

Back here again in the first boots posted in this topic, this time over my jeans, no point having all that boot and hiding them away under jeans now is it 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Beautiful fit, love them over the jeans

• Like 1

I imagine the Costa staff will be getting a real interest in your "boots or shoes of the day" so to speak. There is usually at least one staff member, usually female who appreciates an alternative style and enjoys seeing what that days trend is. I used to go each Saturday to a local Starbucks always with that weekends  coloured nail polish on. One lady there always would check the colour and even ask the details, name make etc  if it was a colour she wanted for herself. I can see it won't be long before your boots and shoes are having a similar effect.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

I have the same thing at my local waffle house every Friday morning. Same customers as well. Some day I should go in with running shoes on and see the reaction. They definitely expect a shoe shoe every Friday morning and I don't disappoint as I'm always in low cut stilettos. 

• Like 1

Expectations are amazing. I know if would wear men's shoes here at our retirement community, after wearing women's for 4 years, that I'd probably cause some heart attacks! So I'll stick with what people expect me to wear.

:giggle:

Steve

• Like 1

Just now, Pierre1961 said:

Absolutely true. But should we meet the expectations of others? For our own mental comfort? 

There is a time and a place for everything. Just like how in a conversation, there is a time to listen, and a time to speak, perhaps we use the same discernment on what to wear.  There is a time to “listen” and meet expectations, and a time to “speak” and introduce new ideas.  

• Like 1