Costa in boots

maninboots

Absolutely love my early morning latte in Costa with my boots on, love watching people come and go and check out their footwear, don’t know if anyone checks out mine though,

which  Public places do you guys like to just sit in your heels and observe other people 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 7:36 AM, maninboots said:

Absolutely love my early morning latte in Costa with my boots on, love watching people come and go and check out their footwear, don’t know if anyone checks out mine though,

which  Public places do you guys like to just sit in your heels and observe other people 

Nice idea - but the coffee is too expensive, especially given the mediocre quality!   As Costa seems destined to be acquired by Coca Cola, we will however soon get the chance to imbibe an alternative over-priced beverage whilst people-watching.

Edited by Puffer
added info

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t mind paying for good coffee, but the big chains seldom serve it. I like small indie coffee shops and espresso bars. Better people watching, too

Agreed.   I have edited my earlier post to reflect the usually unimpressive taste in Costa etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

Same place different boots, got these about 3 years ago from Dorothy Perkins, down to £15 in an end of season sale, uk size 5, 4” slim block heels, very comfy to wear 

theres a man sat opposite me who hasn’t took his eyes off them yet, wonder if he wants a pair, let’s see if i get a comment out of him 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8

19 hours ago, maninboots said:

Same place different boots, got these about 3 years ago from Dorothy Perkins, down to £15 in an end of season sale, uk size 5, 4” slim block heels, very comfy to wear 

theres a man sat opposite me who hasn’t took his eyes off them yet, wonder if he wants a pair, let’s see if i get a comment out of him 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those boots are amazing buddy, I know I wouldn't be able to hide my staring either....I hope the guy said something nice, I sure would have!

• Like 1

I am finding it hard to believe your relatives have high tea every day unless they live in Buck House.

And crumpets are not usually served at afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is where you’ll find cucumber and egg-and-cress sandwiches, scones and clotted cream, and dainty little pastries. Tea or Coffee.

Crumpets are more generally breakfast fare, or maybe at elevenses.

Neither the US nor the UK, by the way, is in the top twenty coffee consuming nations worldwide - they’re all in Europe and dominated by the Scandinavian countries

Edited by Shyheels

Must have something to do with the high latitude. Alaska has one of the highest coffee consumption rates in the country.  Long dark winters, ya know. 

I had “high tea” in Trelew, Argentina a few years back.  Was very formal and proper. Kind of nice. The place was founded by Welch immigrants back in the 1850’s. They knew how to put on a “high tea.”      sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

14 minutes ago, SF said:

Must have something to do with the high latitude. Alaska has one of the highest coffee consumption rates in the country.  Long dark winters, ya know. 

I had “high tea” in Trelew, Argentina a few years back.  Was very formal and proper. Kind of nice. The place was founded by Welch immigrants back in the 1850’s. They knew how to put on a “high tea.”      sf

Yes, Alaskans like their coffee. There are some great coffee places up there too. I was really surprised.

I was in Trelew about ten years ago. Didn’t have high tea there, but really liked the area. It is quite a surprise to many people to find a Welsh enclave in Argentina!

High teas are nice. The kind of thing one might do as a treat. My wife was taken out to a high tea by one of her work colleagues for her birthday the other day. All quite elegant. 

Edited by Shyheels

Shyheels is essentially correct about the "per capita" coffee consumption being dominated by European nations. Only Canada breaks the top ten.  I would also caution that except for Canada none of the nations listed has over 20 million people. Where total consumption is concerned the picture changes a bit. The USA, Germany, and Brazil are usually the top three. I must say for a nation that does not produce coffee the Germans seems to know what they are doing in buying the best beans. I have never had a bad cup of coffee in Germany and I've had it nearly everywhere I went and every trip I made over the decades. Some of the simplest coffee I have had was in Colombia for about 5 cents. Larger cups in Brazil ran about 15 cents in 2010 when I was last there. Our "Costa" equivalent in the USA is Starbucks that famous rotgut from Seattle. How many millions of people have overspent for hyped coffee with confusing names and low satisfaction for the palate. HappyinHeels

With a population of over 300 million essentially wealthy people (by world standards) the USA is going to rank high in the total consumption of just about anything. 

Chain coffee houses are pretty dire no matter where you are - Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero etc. You're quite right about Europeans making good coffee. Germany, Scandinavia, the cafe culture in Vienna is brilliant. There are some excellent cafes and coffee houses here in Britain as well. 

I especially like the coffee in Eastern Europe, Greece and Turkey.

Edited by Shyheels

10 hours ago, Shyheels said:

With a population of over 300 million essentially wealthy people (by world standards) the USA is going to rank high in the total consumption of just about anything. 

Chain coffee houses are pretty dire no matter where you are - Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero etc. You're quite right about Europeans making good coffee. Germany, Scandinavia, the cafe culture in Vienna is brilliant. There are some excellent cafes and coffee houses here in Britain as well. 

I especially like the coffee in Eastern Europe, Greece and Turkey.

Wow, how this topic has digressed 

6 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Wow, how this topic has digressed 

Well you mentioned that you were in the mood for a good conversation! :cheeky:

But on the subject of boots in coffee houses, the chillier weather is upon us and will provide more opportunities to stride on down to your local, suitably suited and booted...

Edited by Shyheels

On 9/8/2018 at 2:19 AM, Shyheels said:

Regardless of footwear, I am an inveterate people watcher in cafes and airport terminals and hotel lobbies

I have been asked about my boots in hotel lobbies more than in any other public place I frequent.  I wonder if it is because the seating exposes a lot more footwear versus a restaurant or bar, where your legs are hidden under tables.  Or, if you are walking, other people may be seated low in lounge seats where their eye level is closer to the footwear.  

Hotel and office lobbies tend also tend to be the most interesting to me for looking at other people’s footwear.  Unlike many other places, where people “dress down” and tend to be in sandals and sneakers, people walking through hotel and office lobbies are on their way to work, business meetings, and dinners, and will be wearing nicer footwear and heels.  

Hotel lobbies and airport terminals (and business lounges) are especially interesting because people you see there are travelling. They are out of their home environs and on the road, actors in some ongoing story you as the viewer  can only guess at. The way they dress offers insight and becomes important. Footwear offees especially intriguing glimpses into their personalities and how they see themselves.

• Like 1