Thigh high cowboy boots

maninboots

6C2FA31E-E2A2-40DA-8ED7-1B1A39932647.thumb.png.2b3c5b0b2ad08651a9c887d713e6eef8.pngI’m interested to know if anybody on here owns or has worn anything like this, what are they like to get into and how do they feel to walk around in, they’re obviously quite expensive so wouldn’t want to waste money on something i won’t be able to wear, i welcome your comments, thanks 

DSCF5209.thumb.JPG.7f89c0a7cbe0b72d8d06f670de35676a.JPGDSCF5179.thumb.JPG.700826b38c573316690e4051a0277df2.JPGmaninboots :  These are  colorful boots. Due to the fact that they are not your standard cowboy boots,  I am betting these puppies are not cheap.

I do not have boots like these, so I can not comment on how they wear. However, If your going to spend loads of money you may as well have 

them custom made. The pictures within are the boots I had made in Spain. They are boots you/one can wear all day long.   

• Like 2

Beautifull pair of Miguel Jones boots !

Internet site is : https://www.ebay.com/str/cowboybootsusa/

Extra advantage is that you can give your personal mesuremanst of your feet / legs  .

Made to your personal request is super !!

I recommand this seller very much !!

I have more than 10 pairs of this brand / bootsmaker .

Prutske 255

I also assume that the blue boots are Miguel Jones boots. I own one pair from that maker and cannot really recommend them.

The fit and the leather quality aren't the best. They can't be compared to the superior quality of Spikemike's fantastic boots. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:58 AM, tomham said:

I also assume that the blue boots are Miguel Jones boots. I own one pair from that maker and cannot really recommend them.

The fit and the leather quality aren't the best. They can't be compared to the superior quality of Spikemike's fantastic boots. 

I am pleased to say that I don't agree with this.   My one pair of MJ ankle boots were well-made to my order, seem to be of good quality and fit well.   Although not exactly 'cheap', they were no dearer than an off-the-shelf pair of similar boots in the UK (given the mote favourable exchange-rate at the time) and almost certainly of better construction.   MJ thigh boots (and other boots) appear quite often in YouTube etc, with favourable comments.   Well worth considering!

• Like 1

I have purchased two pairs of thigh boots from Miguel Jones.  Both were about two sizes too large and the first one was pretty messed up in the finish.  I tried him again a few years later.  He seemed to get his quality right the second time but the size thing really made them not very usable.  I even stuffed the footbed with Uggs insoles and they still were way too big.  I thought about lining the whole inside with sheepskin (fur) but since I was moving again I had to let them go instead.  I sent good measurements and my size, too.  I have heard others say the same thing.  It's too bad because I would have purchased more from him.  Maybe if you ordered them too small they would come out right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post in this forum and am still finding my way round.

I've had many boots made by MJ and the photo is one of them. 30 inches tall.

As some have said the fit is not always right and others have found the fit good. In my experience I've found most of MJ boots very tight around the in-step despite giving measurements for a more generous fit. Having said that his boots are usually good and MJ is always helpful. My feet are wide.

What’s it like wearing?

Well, heads will be turning, I promise you that especially a man wearing them. I've had a lot of compliments from both guys and women. Turning to the real issue of how they fit: Depends on the heel height you choose and if you are outside your comfort zone for heels. Start off with a more practical heel height for you say 4inches. That's what I've got as all my other boots are lower. Walking in them for me is fine for me now after I have walked around in them for a while.

It's really exciting receiving your boots and them pulling them on. It’s a strange experience pulling on such a tall boot for the first time. It got stuck many times. (Tip  - use a small plastic bag like you get in supermarkets in the UK when you select your loose vegetables. That helps). Once pulled on the feeling is amazing and you'll be able to walk in the home ok as you have restricted movement in your home. The leather is quite hard and needs to be broken-in at the knee especially when sitting. It will feel uncomfortable at first but very quickly the leather will mold into your shape.

Going out in them for the first time was great but found walking in them hard after five minutes Maybe that’s because where I live its not flat ground but a steep hill with up and down gradients. I've mastered that now and find walking and sitting in them fine. They certainly keep your legs warm in winter.

I would also say that the boot you are interested in is , well lets say rare, not common. That makes it much more interesting. I think boot wearers should have atleast one thigh high boot in their collection. Go for it.

PS - Never have bee good at taking selfies!

20180215_163527.thumb.jpg.b96659d12a1ae58e295df3bfe6e6e327.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, LondnBootMan said:

As some have said the fit is not always right and others have found the fit good. In my experience I've found most of MJ boots very tight around the in-step despite giving measurements for a more generous fit. Having said that his boots are usually good and MJ is always helpful. My feet are wide.

What’s it like wearing?

Well, heads will be turning, I promise you that especially a man wearing them. I've had a lot of compliments from both guys and women. Turning to the real issue of how they fit: Depends on the heel height you choose and if you are outside your comfort zone for heels. Start off with a more practical heel height for you say 4inches. That's what I've got as all my other boots are lower. Walking in them for me is fine for me now after I have walked around in them for a while.

It's really exciting receiving your boots and them pulling them on. It’s a strange experience pulling on such a tall boot for the first time. It got stuck many times. (Tip  - use a small plastic bag like you get in supermarkets in the UK when you select your loose vegetables. That helps). Once pulled on the feeling is amazing and you'll be able to walk in the home ok as you have restricted movement in your home. The leather is quite hard and needs to be broken-in at the knee especially when sitting. It will feel uncomfortable at first but very quickly the leather will mold into your shape.

Going out in them for the first time was great but found walking in them hard after five minutes Maybe that’s because where I live its not flat ground but a steep hill with up and down gradients. I've mastered that now and find walking and sitting in them fine. They certainly keep your legs warm in winter.

I would also say that the boot you are interested in is , well lets say rare, not common. That makes it much more interesting. I think boot wearers should have atleast one thigh high boot in their collection. Go for it.

That’s a great pic and those boots look fantastic on you 

I too, have had a couple of pairs of MJ cowboy boots, both with 5" heels.  I want to be fair here and admit that both pairs were marked down, perhaps closeouts or maybe returns.  The prices were more than reasonable, which is why I took the gamble.  One pair is/was shiny black patent leather, and probably had about 14-15" shafts, the other pair is a nice tan/banana color, and almost knee high.  Both have the same style toes and heels.  I want to say that I feel that quality of the leather and construction is very good for the money.  But, both pairs seemed big by a size or two.  Again, these  purchases were a "gamble", closeouts that I certainly did not attempt to return or complain about.  I have not made any MJ purchases in a few years, so am hoping the sizing issue has been improved.  The design of the heel and toe box really doesn't lend itself to much walking beyond my hotel room and hallway, the seem inside the toe cap rubs on top of my feet just behind the toes...I think this is because of the extremely pointed toe. 

Someone mentioned, and I think it applies to me also, probably would have been better off with 4" heels if I expected to walk any distances in the boots.  I feel that a similar pair of Paul Bonds, Champions, or Western Ranch boots would have had a better design that is easier to actually walk in, but they surely would have cost much more than MJ boots...

Would I buy another pair?  Yes, but with a lower heel and less dramatic pointed toe.  I would communicate with the company prior to the sale, to ensure the boots could be returned if fit was improper....

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I too, have had a couple of pairs of MJ cowboy boots, both with 5" heels.  I want to be fair here and admit that both pairs were marked down, perhaps closeouts or maybe returns.  The prices were more than reasonable, which is why I took the gamble.  One pair is/was shiny black patent leather, and probably had about 14-15" shafts, the other pair is a nice tan/banana color, and almost knee high.  Both have the same style toes and heels.  I want to say that I feel that quality of the leather and construction is very good for the money.  But, both pairs seemed big by a size or two.  Again, these  purchases were a "gamble", closeouts that I certainly did not attempt to return or complain about.  I have not made any MJ purchases in a few years, so am hoping the sizing issue has been improved.  The design of the heel and toe box really doesn't lend itself to much walking beyond my hotel room and hallway, the seem inside the toe cap rubs on top of my feet just behind the toes...I think this is because of the extremely pointed toe. 

Someone mentioned, and I think it applies to me also, probably would have been better off with 4" heels if I expected to walk any distances in the boots.  I feel that a similar pair of Paul Bonds, Champions, or Western Ranch boots would have had a better design that is easier to actually walk in, but they surely would have cost much more than MJ boots...

Would I buy another pair?  Yes, but with a lower heel and less dramatic pointed toe.  I would communicate with the company prior to the sale, to ensure the boots could be returned if fit was improper....

A very fair comment and conclusion!   

My own MJ ankle boots are (as previously mentioned) both a good fit and well-made, solid if a little heavy.   The long pointed toes look great and don't cause discomfort but are a little awkward, and the 5" heel is a tad too high for walking far, especially as I tend to walk slightly bow-legged in high heels.   I think that a very similar boot with a pointed but shorter toebox and a 4" heel would be ideal for me, and I would buy again from MJ on that basis - but not just yet!   (There are several styles of women's boots of equivalent style on sale right now in the UK which I would love to own and wear - but not in my size (UK11/Eu45).)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, LondnBootMan said:

What’s it like wearing?

MJ boots should use this picture as an advertisement!  Those boots fit your legs perfectly and blend so nicely with the black levis....Take some more pictures buddy, this is a look I would love to achieve...Don

I got two pairs of mj boots, one brown pair special maded in suede with 4 inch heels and one pair stock black with white patterns and 5 inch heels. I had to take both pairs to cobbler for expanding the instep. But then thery're good to go. Yeahaaa!!! Let's go snare some calfs20160901_182246-1.thumb.jpg.0ce6c43cfb33b5e1d894e6bd8f3baac8.jpg20171017_174525.thumb.jpg.d916c21301549199d58a18f09a3d0c1d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

I got two pairs of mj boots, one brown pair special maded in suede with 4 inch heels and one pair stock black with white patterns and 5 inch heels. I had to take both pairs to cobbler for expanding the instep. But then thery're good to go. Yeahaaa!!! Let's go snare some calfs20160901_182246-1.thumb.jpg.0ce6c43cfb33b5e1d894e6bd8f3baac8.jpg20171017_174525.thumb.jpg.d916c21301549199d58a18f09a3d0c1d.jpg

Oh yeah, dream of slipping into those killer MJs...

• Like 1