Show us your most masculine heels

balletboot

The Brogue or wing tips is a style of shoe or boot traditionally characterised by multiple-piece, sturdy leather uppers with decorative perforations and serration along the pieces' visible edges. Since I don't have men's shoes anymore I found this image.

2329434_fpx.jpg

Ok @Cali  thanks for the answer. Good to know. 

I agree. I have never been able to find  any Oxford with: decent heel height,wing tips,size us 12! 

If i would I buy 10 pairs! 

Just to show I am also wearing them. That's my business outfit but I will have to change for classic flat fest before I meet the clients. 

Then back to these 14cm Oxford as soon as the meeting finishes. 

IMG_0597.JPG

• Like 3

All of my heels are thick, most between 3" and 4.5" in stacked form.  We're talking about 50 pairs.  The thinnest heels I have are some Michael Kors Platform Knee Boots in black leather that have a 5" heel that is about 1/2" thick.  I rarely ever wear those.  I must admit I've been tempted and often wonder what it would be like to wear something thin. 

How a heels feels is somewhat independent of its shape and size of the heel. I have some stilettos that are easy and some hard.  block heels and wedges are mostly easy, but I do have some stack heels that aren't that easy.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:59 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Ok @Cali  thanks for the answer. Good to know. 

I agree. I have never been able to find  any Oxford with: decent heel height,wing tips,size us 12! 

If i would I buy 10 pairs! 

Just to show I am also wearing them. That's my business outfit but I will have to change for classic flat fest before I meet the clients. 

Then back to these 14cm Oxford as soon as the meeting finishes. 

IMG_0597.JPG

I suppose you could pair this outfit with almond/pointy toes black 3 to 4" stiletto heels pumps as well, it will be as manly and more powerful.

Dear @Pierre1961

I think you can achieve masculine without having the heels to be chunky. It all depends on the outfit and the wearer's attitude.

Your outfit on the picture is OK so it is up to you regarding the attitude....

Edited by Gudulitooo
I couldn't continue typing after entering "@Pierre"

Hi @Gudulitooo 

i am getting more and more fearless about the shoes. Today I travelled from Paris to Biarritz,wearing the shoes you saw on the picture. 

Probably the day I will feel confident enough for less chunky heels isn't so far away. 

Be sure I will post some pics as soon as I did it 

• Like 2

@Pierre1961

I said this mainly because of this woman I remember in a clothing store. She was wearing this kind of outifit with white tights jeans pants and a trench coat, and I said, wow she could be a man she wears that outfit so manly.

I tried googling "masculine heels" but got only outfits in womens fashion. The most relevant results were with more precise words such as "male/masculine/mens stilettos/pumps/wedges/boots etc.

But, yeah, this thread is refreshing

Edited by Gudulitooo
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Gudulitooo

For sure what on calls masculine heels depends on the person. 

So it's not surprising that a woman can wear outfits that give her a masculine look. That's what 95% do. 

They can wear anything they wish,it's ok 

Not at all the same for us. If we don't want to look as a cross dresser ,a transgender,we all walk on a tightrope! 

Please don't imagine I don't appreciate these communities. Open minded people will always have my preference.

And ,yes!great topic. 

For my tastes yes, I am more of a pink, glitter, rhinestone, sparkly, butterflies, hearts, lace stilletos kind of guy. 

I just wanted to pitch in a little bit with what I consider masculine heels that I like. Block heels, wide heels, are not my thing I don't find them attractive at all, but then again it is just my taste. To each his own. And since the thread was created to contrast the one I had created I was just putting my two cents in. Also this kind of threads lead me to discover new things such as those wedge sneakers and I really liked them and maybe someone might post a chunky heel that I like. 

• Like 1

When I was a kid (teen), all my pals wanted a pair of “wing tip” shoes...  I got a pair, but hated “wing tips.”  Had the shoe “thing” back then too....   It’s been fun.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'm with you, SF. My parents made me wear tie shoes in grade school, but I really liked sandals and loafers. Finally I got a chance to wear what I liked starting in about 8th grade. I had a thing for women's shoes then, too, but never had a chance to own any until I went away to college. I'm not a "wing tip" kinda guy, that's for sure!

Steve

Edited by Steve63130

When I was growing up in the 1970s and 80s, wingtips were what the old men wore to church. I have very little memory of what shoes I wore, other than tennis shoes (trainers). 

When I was a senior in high school, my father bought me a pair of Florsheim oxfords, very plain, to wear to the Homecoming dance on my first real date. I wore those shoes for years when the situation dictated. It is no big surprise, then, that my entry looks very similar to what I wore most of my adult life when it was time to "clean up" and look nice. 

They are Aldo brand, and look just exactly like men's oxfords, only with 4 1/4 inch heels. Pictured here are not the shoes I own, but they are the exact same model. They are the first stilettos I ever wore in public, and they were my only pair of stilettos for a long time. They go well with men's suits, and they look pretty decent with jeans, too. 

IMG_9778.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 2:56 PM, hh4evr1 said:

My western/cowboy boots are my most masculine heels. 

My custom Wilson boots came in the mail last weekend and I love them.  I posted this picture on reddit and the response was "I'm confused.  These are men's or women's boots?"  That's about as close as I have ever been to being accused of wearing women's shoes.  I wear boots like this every day, and love that western boots offer more fashion flexibility than what men usually wear. 

wilson.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, CAT said:

I’m still waiting to use that line,,,,, “no they are my shoes”.  No one ever gives me the opportunity. I always get “love your shoes” ,”love your boots”,  “ love your heels “, “ love your outfit”

Me too buddy!  I was eating at the cafeteria in Ikea tonight and there were many kids running around....I thought sure one of the kids was gonna say something, was practicing that line "just in case".  

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, swedeheeler said:

Those!

1485453529983-775957259.thumb.jpg.de73db074dfdde1d756e7b22f5ab2fb4.jpg20171017_174525.thumb.jpg.d916c21301549199d58a18f09a3d0c1d.jpg

Those boots are amazing, masculine and powerful

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, p1ng74 said:

My custom Wilson boots came in the mail last weekend and I love them.  I posted this picture on reddit and the response was "I'm confused.  These are men's or women's boots?"  That's about as close as I have ever been to being accused of wearing women's shoes.  I wear boots like this every day, and love that western boots offer more fashion flexibility than what men usually wear. 

wilson.jpg

Oh yeah, masculine and powerful for sure, especially with the levis

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, HiHeeler said:

Here are my Masculine Heels. In fact, they are "Mens" Block High Heels from forverhighheels.com. 5" Heels

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

very powerful heels, love the way the pants fit

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, Rockpup said:

I was asked for a pic of me wearing these.

7BE8260A-F037-4446-80C7-1011B3AE8863.jpeg

comfortable and powerful, looking very masculine

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:15 AM, Gudulitooo said:

I suppose you could pair this outfit with almond/pointy toes black 3 to 4" stiletto heels pumps as well, it will be as manly and more powerful.

Oh yeah, those heels are powerful and masculine, great outfit buddy