Highest heel you've worn

brewfan49

Probably this pair

652-LUCIA, 6.5" Stiletto Heel Two Tone Sling Back

https://www.exotichighheels.com/652-lucia.html

Unfortunately, I was walking down a sidewalk slightly downhill, and the whole side blew out. I fell and had a pretty nasty looking knee the rest of the night. Ended up in a pair of straight leg black jeans and a different set of heels instead of the skirt / fishnet combo I had planned on with this pair.

Edited by Heelster

I have 2  pairs of single sole pumps from Little Shoe Box with 7” heels. One pair of black leather and the other pair is black patent.  While I wore them quite a bit, I never became as proficient at wearing them as I was wearing 6” heels, or lower.  Firstly, 7” heels are difficult and uncomfortable to wear for long periods. Your ( or, mine at least) took a great deal of practice before I could even put them on or stand up while wearing them and an ever longer before I could walk any distance in them.  Even though the shoes fit me correctly,  and were fairly comfortable when sitting, my feet became tired after 30 minutes or so standing or walking. I usually couldn’t wear them longer than an hour before I had to change into shoes with lower heels.  So, while it is every high heel wearers dream to wear the highest heels they can find that they can fit their feet into,  the thought of strolling through their local shopping mall in 7” heels just isn’t practical.  

I still have all of my 6” and 7” heels in my closet.   But, these days I sick to wearing shoes with  a comfortable 4” heels and occasionally a stylish pair of pumps or sandals with a 5” heels. At 62,  comfort has become more important than height.  Jenny told me years ago that 4” heels were the most practical and comfortable to wear while going about everyday business.  You know something,  she’s right.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The highest heels I’ve ever worn were five inchers on a pair of thigh high boots, but I haven’t worn them for at least a good two years. These days, it’s rare when I wear anything as high as four, I just don’t have the desire to go higher than that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear heels everyday and I don't really enjoy high heels over 5.5 inches.

I am vertical in 5.5 inch heels and I have found higher heels have become much easier to wear over the years than they used to be - but they don't look as good - and well they're not practical if I can't happily wear them and stand in them for several hours at a stretch. Once I pass 5 inch height they become a short outing shoe - and they're never as good in my opinion because the shoes limit what I can do.

The 7 inchers I have worn are a full on ballet pump with stiletto heels  - in terms of my foot and ankle they're no higher or harder to wear than my tallest normal heels but its the toes that get me after ten minutes or so of standing/walking. They also look a bit silly - they're not elegant shoes.

For a go to shoe that makes me feel good - I'd wear a 4 to 5 inch heel because I can do pretty much anything wearing them, and still be smiling at the end of a day.

I have several different SpeedLimit 98 heels and they are all about 6 inch with a 1.5" platforms.

I have many 5.5" heels with 1.75" platforms,

When I work I typically will wear heels for over 12 hours straight. Most of the time standing or walking.

A pair of black patent shiny pointed toe ankle strap pumps with no platform in a size 12M with a 5 1/2" heel.  That was maybe almost 20 years ago when I was a heck of a lot more flexible.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

17 cms no platform at home. Ok for short time. One hour standing and walking maximum 

14 cms no platform is my preferate height for outside. 

I don't  feel comfortable in less than 12 cms and don't appreciate platforms so much 

These are the real measures for my woman us 12 size 

Pierre 

Hi Pierre,

wow 17 cm is really high .. for me that is a pointy ballet shoe because its impossible otherwise to get my toes on the ground.

To be specific I would say 120-130mm are my favourite tall heels - comfy and they feel like a good dressy heel.

Over 130mm  - I can wear and walk well in 150mm but my foot is at a stupid arch angle - and while I can walk fine it looks silly as its beyond vertical when I stand still, and after a few hours I am getting tired ankles.

100mm would be my go-to height for doing anything. Still feels like a heel - and there are heaps of pretty shoes in this height - and they say 'high heel' to onlookers, whereas my lower heels I think just say 'shoe' - and I wear heels a lot so I like to feel a high heel - and I'm used to being a little taller in my shoes too - so I want the extra height or I feel like I'm under-dressed or a short-ass.

I think you go higher because your foot is larger? I am a EU41 - so thats a size 9 in a lot of my mainstream brands.

That's the main reason. From your 41 size and 44 mine , we can consider 10 mm heel height difference with the same effect. 

So,if 120/130 mm is your favorite ,my 140 mm is the same  

with 120 mm or less ,the look is ok but I really feel too flat.

I would have liked to be 41. It should be fun to go for shoe shopping instead of buying only on Internet with the many wrong purchases I did. 

Pierre 

My highest heels all cluster around the 5 1/2 inch or 14 cm mark. Most of them have about a 1 inch platform. Even after over 6 years of practice, 4 1/2 inch difference between front and back is about the highest I can manage and not look ridiculous. The problem for me is not necessarily comfort, but ankle flexibility, or lack thereof. I have some steeper shoes. In fact, I was just giving them a try the other day, but I have to take what feels like absurdly small steps in order to not walk with constantly bent knees. Not a good look for anybody, male or female.

What I have found is that over the past 6 years, I now prefer a height difference between front and back of about 4 inches, give or take, for all day, general use. 6 years ago, or even 3 years ago this would have killed me. At first, I put a heck of a lot of miles on shoes that had more like 3 inches of height difference. As they have worn out or broken, I have replaced them with steeper models, as the feel just isn't right to me anymore.

I wear U.S. Women's size 9 in closed shoes, 8 1/2 in sandals. This usually translates to European size 39 or 40, depending.

The highest heels I ever wore were classic stiletto knee boots designed for a 120mm heel in size 38 (no platform). Scaled up for my much larger feet that meant a heel height of just over 140mm. Years of cycling, yoga and fencing have given me strong and flexible ankles so I was able to walk in them all right and in fact rather enjoyed it. I could certainly see straight away why women liked stilettos and why they found them empowering. And as a result of my own experiences in wearing them, however limited that was, I am hugely impressed with the athletic ability of women I know who wear such heels all day routinely. As for me, in addition to the novelty and excitement, I found wearing them to be an amazingly good workout for my calf muscles! 

Edited by Shyheels

OK, I'm gonna be the spoil sport here....  The highest heels I have worn are 3 inches and that has been very infrequently.  Most all of my heels are in the 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch range.  I am already to tall and wearing heels in excess of 3 inches would make me look more gigantic than I already am.  I just enjoy wearing heels but have no desire to create unnecessary attraction to myself.  To me, wearing heels is fun and the shoes generally look much nicer than guys shoes.  Plus, the lower heels are most likely much more manageable to wear for extended walking or all day wear.  

Enjoy your heels everyone !!!    sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

HI ALL,

The very highest heels I have worn were a pair of 8"/20.3cm platform sandals by Sunset Strip which had a reflective vamp and strap making the shoe appear gold in the light which matched a gold dress I wore to a Halloween party in 2005. The highest heels which I have worn to multiple social events, getting a pedicure, or just shopping in the big city are these Jessica Simpson sandals in my avatar. The heel is 6.9"/17.7cm and I have received more great comments on this pair than any other. 

I do wear a lower heel in the 5-5.5" /12.7-13.8cm range typically a wedge sandal in the warmer months or a pump or ankle boot in the colder months. I agree with Bubba136 about comfort as one ages. That's why I love my wedges. HappyinHeels

3 hours ago, SF said:

OK, I'm gonna be the spoil sport here....  The highest heels I have worn are 3 inches and that has been very infrequently.  Most all of my heels are in the 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch range.  I am already to tall and wearing heels in excess of 3 inches would make me look more gigantic than I already am.  I just enjoy wearing heels but have no desire to create unnecessary attraction to myself.  To me, wearing heels is fun and the shoes generally look much nicer than guys shoes.  Plus, the lower heels are most likely much more manageable to wear for extended walking or all day wear.  

Enjoy your heels everyone !!!    sf

I agree. I found wearing the 120mm stilettos knee boots  to be a delightful novelty, an intriguing insight into feminine empowerment, a fun athletic challenge, and of course it gave me much ornery pleasure to cock a snook at conventionality. As a guy though I couldn’t see wearing killer stilettos as a regular thing, a part of ones personal style. I did buy myself a pair of ankle boots with 2.8” Cuban heels which I like very much.

I also agree with Christian Louboutin who has said that heels over 120mm just looked wrong in terms of their aesthetic and lines. I find them far too fetishy and just do not like that kind of thing.

My limit on a single sole shoe is about 4" to 4'5".  Anything higher is too mych pressure on the big toe/ball of foot joint.  And personally, I agree with Shyheels - anything much higher than that is too fetishy and in my opinion just doesn't look right.  Just watching celebrity ladies in their 120mm Louboutin's tells me that even mst of them find the height to be a bit much as many have ankles that just don't flex enough and they end up looking awkward walking in them.  I prefer to see a lady that can walk comfortably in her heels.

And Louboutin created models Sonora and Merci Allen,both 130 mm and looking faboulous. 

Karl Lagerfeld said that the higher is the better,until the woman still walks gracefully. 

I nevertheless agree with you that extreme heels are more for fetish purpose and not as nice as a 120 or 130 mm heel. 

Except for training at home,which is my case. 

I know CL made a couple of models that have 130mm heels but they are very much outliers and personally I do not care for the aesthetic. They seem hunched at that height, rather than graceful. 

Edited by Shyheels

My highest heels were about 14 cm, stilettos, no platform, early 1990's. One shoe was damaged due to a misstep. Never felt comfortable on that height. At present my limit is 12 cm no platform, inside my home only. For longer periods I prefer 10-11 cm.

Greetings Hans.

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I know CL made a couple of models that have 130mm heels but they are very much outliers and personally I do not care for the aesthetic. They seem hunched at that height, rather than imperious and graceful. 

I had a couple of pairs of Loubies - back in the days when I started wearing heels and really wanted to wear some CLs - I found them hard to wear for more than a few hours back then, nowadays I'm sure wouldn't be an issue cause I'm used to heels, but the pumps I had were not that pretty looking, and the tall CLs (apart from the So Kate) have the heel quite rear-mounted and they feel a little weird on, and in my opinion aren''t as nice as a lot of more reasonably priced high heels.

I agree aesthetically the taller CLs don't look as nice on - and they feel a little funny to wear with the heel position at the back of the pump. Sort of like flip-flop walking.I'll take a Casadei or a Choo Anouk anyday - even MiPiacis rather than the super high CLs.

CL are considered by some women as the most uncomfortable shoes on the market! 

Is that due to the backward position of the heel? 

I find some models really nice but I am not a great fan of that brand. For sure we can find much better for a much cheaper price