Reason for wearing heels??

loverleather

7 hours ago, balletboot said:

I've been trying to come up with an answer to this question ever since the topic was started.. I haven't had much luck. But here goes anyway

For me my story is kinda like a few of yours. I grew up always sneaking into my mom's and grandmothers closet to wear their heels. But that only lasted so long until I quickly outgrew their size 7 shoes.  And then there was a long gap until I get got my license! Then I could finally get my own pair of heels! 

I went to a nine west outlet nearby and bought what I thought might be the right size (turns out i was wrong) I went back and exchanged them the next day. I had myself a pair of little black ankle booties with a 4 inch heel! I would wear them around the house every time I was alone. I couldn't get enough.

Soon I started walking around town at night because the house was getting boring. I did that for a few year and I didn't buy my second pair for probly another 6 or 7 years.  Now I've moved all The way up to 5 pairs of new heels, skinny jeans and a few skirts that I've worn out in public. ( which can be seen in "my first public adventure" thread) 

I still don't really know why I like heels so much but I absolutely love the feeling it brings to wear them at home and in public. It's such a satisfying feeling the be walking around in my stilettos. I wish I could do it more! and I hope I can find a way to explain all this to my gf so she can try and accept it and maybe understand it better :)

BB

Totally understand what you are saying.  

I was the same,  at home was just not enough.  Wish I was 20 years old again,,,, 

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

Balletboot.....  You mention explaining to the girlfriend. Sone free advice, for what it’s worth....  

Like you and many others here, I had an attraction to gals shoes since I was a kid, dunno why. 

When I went away to school, I was able to explore wearing gals shoes freely (back then mostly flats), in public even. During that time I met a wonderful gal who eventually became my wife. She was OK with the gals flats and we even had matching sandals. We talked about my attraction to fem shoes and she accepted that. After about 15 years of marriage I caught the high heel bug. The wife was generally OK with that too but she did have some concerns which we address. 

The “free, unsolicited advice,” tell the gf early on, talk about it, better now that later to alleviate any issues in the future.   

Enjoy yourself, wearing heels is fun......   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

27 minutes ago, SF said:

Balletboot.....  You mention explaining to the girlfriend. Sone free advice, for what it’s worth....  

Like you and many others here, I had an attraction to gals shoes since I was a kid, dunno why. 

When I went away to school, I was able to explore wearing gals shoes freely (back then mostly flats), in public even. During that time I met a wonderful gal who eventually became my wife. She was OK with the gals flats and we even had matching sandals. We talked about my attraction to fem shoes and she accepted that. After about 15 years of marriage I caught the high heel bug. The wife was generally OK with that too but she did have some concerns which we address. 

The “free, unsolicited advice,” tell the gf early on, talk about it, better now that later to alleviate any issues in the future.   

Enjoy yourself, wearing heels is fun......   sf

That's sf. She already knows about my heels and says she is ok with it. But I can tell she isn't completely ok with it. She doesn't know I have worn them out of the house though. 

She loves heels probly has at least 30 pairs including a couple CL. So I think we can eventually find the middle ground. Just not there yet

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 1:53 AM, Shyheels said:

Sounds deeply unpleasant and the kind of traumatic experience that could affect one many years down the track. It staggers me how people can be so unthinkingly - or in some cases even deliberately - cruel. What possible harm were you doing to anybody by wearing a nice pair of tall boots to school? Those teachers - if they were truly people worth of their jobs and who liked and understood children - should have complimented you on your boots, told the bullies to knock it off, and used their authority and to make it clear that being your own person was extremely important and worthwhile.

That's not the terrible part of the experience from the fashion conscious teacher that the female students worshipped. 

On 8/27/2018 at 10:33 PM, subtle said:

This really explains the tone I can hear reading some of your posts macky, sorry society was so cruel, when you were just trying to be yourself. I’ve had the same sort of ridicule but my mother couldn’t throw my name away.

After my teasing was taken care of by my heel kicks and stomps from the comedians. I began to strut in the playground on recess by myself intrigued with the girls that are pretty fellow students that exclusively the fashion teacher was mentoring. These fellow girl students looked flawless hair perfectly tied in pony tails or brushed perfectly straight, never out of place, they all looked like models in there cable knit white leggings pantyhose and short skirts with flats.

As i tried to get into the inner circle, click, the teacher set up, hand picking the most beautiful girls in her classroom. I stood observing the teacher walk out on the street to have her smoke during recess as her girls often shadowed her every move. After my ordeal i stood behind the teacher surrounded by other students unknown to her i was nearby. She began to comment to her pupils of my heel boots. Laughing to herself saying my mom probably wanted a daughter but disappointed in having a boy. Thus she physiologically wants to dress him up as a girl. Other pretty girls started to comment yah he be wearing our tights soon to school.  With her laughing, saying girls don't blame him, it's his mother's fault. Little did anyone know I indeed was wearing  same female cable knit tights  under my denim overalls when colder. That’s another story when someone noticed me in school wearing tights  removing my shoes and pant leg.  While i was clearly despondent, disappointed  to hear such words from this so called popular female attractive teacher one tall leggy blonde fellow student was listening in but watched my reaction. She had euro accent because of her great looks was accepted in the teachers inner circle click. Yet she felt the need to say something. She knew my family growing up in the neighbourhood but never talked to me. So she told the teacher that i have older sister and her comments were wrong. The teacher barely cared what she said, saying oh yah! while the other students began to mock her for opening her mouth because of her euro accent and challenging the popular teacher. Then when i stood out shocked at how the other pretty girls were treating her some noticed me bringing it to the attention of the teacher. The teacher never said sorry knowing i was behind her overhearing her wrong assumptions but told me to go away use another entrance to enter the school.

Later on on parents night some older generation students were hanging around waiting for the classroom meetings with the teacher. The blonde goddess euro fellow student was waiting in the playground outside as i with my sister. My older sister knew the blonde students older sister talking about nostalgia being in the same class as the posh fashion conscious popular teacher. As i was hearing the conversation about the teacher found that the blonde fellow student didn't like her as much as the other kids. Only reason because she treated her as second class citizen because of her euro accent. Even the older sister of the blonde agreed saying she is unfeeling bitch to other students talking to her pupils as there girlfriends about the dates she had on the weekend or men she slept with. Me and my sister wide eyed shocked at what we heard from the blonde sisters at how bad the teacher was as a role model, thinking this is going on to long year after year. A teacher who educates females to be snobs, exclude others for not looking or talking normally and what ideal man should be.

The tall leggy blonde gorgeous well dressed, in white or grey cable knit leggings, student asked me where are my heel boots? At that time blind man could see how i was gazed upon her long legs and thighs admiring those leggings in her short skirt. I told her, my mom threw  them out. Her older sister asked what heel boots? My sister explained in laughing manner my brother was wearing go go girl heels to school everyday. I defended myself saying there boots like cowboy boots annoyed with my sisters exaggerations and inaccuracy to make something she dislikes much worse than it is, Just like today saying i wear underwear in public while in truth there  leggings or short shorts, funny thing there her brand of leggings and short shorts she wears all the time. The blonde euro pretty student said nothing wrong with them looked good on me, explaining how i gotten teased unfairly by the students and the mean teacher. Which made me smile and sad knowing i never would be able to wear them again.   

Nothing has changed after forty years passed i can assuredly notice a woman clone to the teacher mentioned above in my workplace. She is mentoring boss of other younger females in their twenties laughing, grimacing reactions towards me what i wear etc... I can only compare the two, one at my workplace today and the teacher of 70's has the same binary beliefs of how one should be attired.

My only vengeance upon female like i described is stare upon her in disgust on what she is wearing although attractive i sneer and smirk upon her cheap clothes and heels. She recognizes my reactions feeling a bit uneasy and self conscious what she is wearing compared to few of my items i walk into to work wearing. Even when she voices in group of people she bought bunch of clothes for the season and has not worn them because of the poor weather looking at my expression. While i stand stoic not reacting in front of my boss trying not to show i'm bias upon her as much she is to me.

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

Macky

That is a sad story indeed....But,  I'm hoping you were able to feel good about your courage/conviction to wear the boots you enjoyed...I'm wondering if you asked your Mom to buy those boots for you, or did she encourage you to buy/wear them?  Times were surely different back then, but that is no excuse.  Your Mom should have been a little more protective of you, realizing your boots were not going to be well received.  Seems like your Mom did a flip/flop on you also, bought the boots for you then took them away...Perhaps I misread your post. 

Regardless of the times, there was no excuse for your teachers' behavior....I have some terrible memories of a few horrible teachers also.  Just wish I had 1/10th of your courage when I was that age, sure hope you realize how strong you were back then....

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Macky

That is a sad story indeed....But,  I'm hoping you were able to feel good about your courage/conviction to wear the boots you enjoyed...I'm wondering if you asked your Mom to buy those boots for you, or did she encourage you to buy/wear them?  Times were surely different back then, but that is no excuse.  Your Mom should have been a little more protective of you, realizing your boots were not going to be well received.  Seems like your Mom did a flip/flop on you also, bought the boots for you then took them away...Perhaps I misread your post. 

Regardless of the times, there was no excuse for your teachers' behavior....I have some terrible memories of a few horrible teachers also.  Just wish I had 1/10th of your courage when I was that age, sure hope you realize how strong you were back then....

Thank you pebblesf but my Mom unilaterally buys clothes shoes for me and sis at K-mart.. She doesn't care what the gender for certain items are if they fit me i can wear them. She convinces me that the boots are classic and seen by many men wearing them so should have no problems at school little did she know. While i did make a lot of enemies kicking stomping at many students in my class a payback had to happen when the class bully came back from his illness. Lot of talk and threats were taken onto me which resulted in my older cousins and older neighbour kids to protect me. Little did the class bully know once confronted by my people what he was up against threatening me. So my ego grew and i decided to do the same towards the bully as he did to me. Begging him to hit me so i can sick my "dogs" or what i called my "neighbours tough kids" and older cousins beat his whole family  to a pulp. While following the bully home with the class comedian  talking trash about how weak he and his friend are mocking both there resolve he assuredly was afraid. Yet i kept nagging him to hit me so to have an excuse to call on reinforcements. Little did i know he punched me in the stomach taking the air out of my body. He ran home afraid what he done knowing i will begin a war soon. Kept my threat over his head everyday watching him escape from school not to be caught by my muscle backing me up thanks to my mom's request.

Yes my Mom likes to flip flop even today asking me to take the broken mounted Kitchen television out and install into her bedroom, yet not understanding the gapping hole it would leave or the trouble with wiring i went threw with cable, outdoor antenna port. Yet when i installed it in the kitchen  few month ago everything was fine but not anymore. Have to deal with her all my life watching her decisions flip flop or whims only because someone said some criticism of whatever it might be. A new painted wall looks ugly, mom has me painted again because a sister or friend told her there unbiased opinion. not liking it. 

So too when my sister was shopping for cable knit tights my mom bought two because i can wear them also. Yet my sister told her there for girls mom doesn't care to search or buy boys long johns too inconvenient  to browse the store more. Just told me to wear the tights nobody will see it. Until gym class where i had to change didn't cross my mom's mind i was wearing girl knit tights. Her reaction was so what.

Like her older sisters once were buying some feminine ladies lace sweaters. My aunt told my mom she didn't like the colour but it would look good for even a boy to wear like myself if i choose to. Something about young boy looking cute is genderless in fashion until he becomes a man. Then attitudes change and woman like my mom or aunt find it amusing even strange for male to wear heels, leggings or any feminine clothing.

As for courage or strength knew i was right but the teacher was wrong, so it gave me perspective that grown ups aren't so perfect or worth listening to. At the end of the day there only opinions from binary beliefs of gender roles in society for fashion and style by learned behaviour for some. 

The youthful experiences were not sad compared today's beliefs from average woman are much more unbearable then in the past. Only now i need to investigate delve deeper into woman's character and find some ugly facts that pale in comparison to the flakey party type diva teacher.

Often when i style myself today in benign manner with subtle feminine twist many males don't notice it but females often pick up on it. Be it wearing feminine sneakers woman see me and have repulsed look on there face. Yet males find my outfit cool or normal maybe flashy but nothing out of the ordinary compared to females that are more perceptive.

Just today i had two married female gym members talking about my feminine outfit i wear. Making compliments encouraging me to model for the  active wear brand i enjoy wearing. While difficult for me to accept there personal views of enjoying how my body appears in female leggings better than they can  wear. Laugh at their comments not believing there words feeling set up to fail. While i stayed humble and embarrassed paid a compliment by one of the ladies one telling me it's not only her that believes i got nice body.  Shaking my head at there suggestion to contact the active wear brand to model there clothing. Them telling hating the models wearing the clothes i would be good candidate to replace them. I couldn't understand a multi million dollar brand selling women's activewear using a male to model them would be received well.  In fact it may destroy the company calling it there marketing there product to CD. Although intriguing idea but doubt any shareholder of company would give the go ahead with it.

Talk about society being more open minded we are just as we were when i went to school in 70's, nothing changed. As far as the married woman addressing me in the gym in positive manner of the clothes i wear. It is seldom i can come across to these types of woman telling me they enjoy looking upon me in the gym laughing at themselves that i can wear such clothes so well and better than her. 

While more women are like the 70's teacher very self centered watching what they say only in public so not to be overheard of there negative opinions of males like me or us in the forum. 

Edited by MackyHeels

The thing is, as far as that teacher knew those boots might have been the only things your family could afford to put on your feet - perhaps bought at the thrift shop on the cheap because that was simply all they had in the shop that fit. She wouldn't have known what the back story was and never took the trouble to ask or find out, simply mocked.  She ought to have been sacked.  

• Like 1

I'm thinking of making legging's for men with "fishing" "football" "golf" etc themes and market them just before Christmas or Father's Day and see what happens...idea is copywrited....

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 5:19 AM, MackyHeels said:

[a lot of things]

So Macky if I understood well, the reason you loved heels is :

because the block heels you experienced as a kid were so well suited to kick the ass of the annoying others.

This is the most original reason ever registered here I think !

9 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

So Macky if I understood well, the reason you loved heels is :

because the block heels you experienced as a kid were so well suited to kick the ass of the annoying others.

This is the most original reason ever registered here I think !

Learned to love them knee high platform boots once i wore them had to defend myself from the teasing was learned behaviour. Only because older new fellow at the time  in the school yard came wearing dress tap shoes kids began like hyena's to tease him. He tried to ignore them but it finally got out of  hand started to kick them in the shins, after observation  i enjoyed his tactics, watching these boys fall like bowling pins, rolling on the ground winching in pain. Telling myself i like this guy, he did better job then i ever could kicking, these kids about, deservedly so. 

The power heel boots brought me was height made me taller also that i was uniquely attired made me feel special. While the pros and cons wearing them as i could defend myself somewhat wasn't reason i enjoyed the platform boots entirely. It was 1977 movie of Saturday night fever came out i was already ahead of the fashion trend at my age was surreal for any adults to understand. Add to that i had light blue polyester suit with white wide open collar shirt with dark blue cuff ruffles i felt very cool wearing, only boots were to hot for summer time styling. Add my hang ten mirror aviator sunglasses to the mix i was hip. Pass me the keys to my cousins 1977 firebird camaro or my neighbour purple dodge charger and i would take the cute teacher out on  a date...Lol.. Hiding the cache of Playboy magazine in alley-way between the neighbors garage don't want the teacher get the wrong idea about me...

Today we are adult can't fight with others because they have negative opinions about my fashion style, heels, leggings skinny jeans, skimpy thong swimwear, or my nudist beach lifestyle.. Yet i don't get teased with the same vigour like when a boy in the school yard back n the 70's. I do notice today people's reactions often are negative towards my type of unique style be it at the nude beach, gym, street, workplace or front yard.

Only recourse is to let it go or get even with a vengeance. Meaning i try not to speak to them hoping they understand my stance upon them as they do to me, no respect, i ignore you stance. While i best try to intensify my style in much bolder louder tone when i know someone overtly doesn't enjoy or like to observe it. Sort of in your face BI@#H!. 

Finally i attire myself in clothes that most women would want to wear yet observing them in cheaper brands i can conclude they wish to be wearing my style of designer attire. Satisfied when i see envy, jealousy or anger from my female haters because of my appearance rather than smart ass smirk or smug chuckle finding me amusing. If i get both reaction laughter tapering off and later envy or jealousy once they look closer to what i'm wearing. Seeing that my clothes look nice wishing they owned exactly the same i feel better about myself and slight jab onto them.

So yes, childhood experience has underlying issues to get even with my detractors today. Subtly keeping a close eye observing everyone's demeanour and acting on my hunch, showing them more what they despised as revolting or unappropriate and gross. Sort of raising the bar each time i notice them.  One day wear XYZ overhear there disapproval about colour or style the next time i intensify the appearance for them to overreact even get angry then they already are. Thinking to myself overhearing there negative opinions wait until i see next time what i be wearing,with slight amused smirk on my face. You don't like me wearing this outfit huh! Love to watch there blood boil until they learn to mind their business and to ignore me, as some of there friends advice don't let him get to you he's really weird. 

Sounds peety i know, but only time i can stand up for myself without saying a word. Lot others on the forum maybe better suited to voice a quick smart quip back at any detractors of there attire. While i no my limitation and find wearing what i do daily often is another way to get through to people that don't understand my style. Relentless is another tool i use not letting others dictate my style because they don't like it.

Just like my female fitness yoga leggings wearing experiences at the gym. People mock me from the beginning even some of the same this very day. Yet they realize whatever there opinions off me i won't change my style. This often develops in confused despondent reactions some females wishing to see me in more masculine clothes yet can't resist at the same time attracted to what they observe. Leading to confusion and frustration upon themselves originally mocked my style now at ease even enjoying it sort of lightened up instead of taking things so seriously with regards to what i wear. Fascinating on how some women observed me in the beginning wearing my unique style mocking me with laughter etc.. Now they compliment me letting me know there true feelings of my appearance all along hiding under peer pressure from others or feared my reactions. Yet surprising on how closely scrutinized i am yet never aware of it until they tell me so.

Maybe when i was a boy didn't know where to kick in the right spot. Lol... dmvidpics-2017-02-20-at-13-46-18.png

In fact there few woman who see me would love to do that in the picture to me. One woman did just that, faux kick from behind me, at work. Only concluded she was overly jealous of my zealous attire. Funny thing was she is infatuated with me.  Guess she believes only one to be able straighten me out to more masculine style.

Edited by MackyHeels

• 1 month later...

With all the rain we’ve gotten here lately I’ve had to clean more dirt off of my heels from the water puddles.  But it is way easier to wipe down the heels and soles than treat the more delicate material above them!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the simple answer is the one that ultimately fits here. I think of a famous mountaineer was asked why he wanted to scale such a difficult peak. He replied, "Because it's there." Heels are out there in all their allure, intrigue, and mystery. Now get out there and scale you own mountain! HappyinHeels

• Like 1

That was George Mallory speaking in 1923 about his forthcoming attempt to climb Mt Everest. And why not? There is a heady mixture of allure and taboo, style, grace and athletic challenge in wearing heels. Millions of women can’t be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A better question might be why wouldn’t we want to - or at least give heels a whirl. A guy would have to be totally lacking in curiosity, imagination and any spirit of adventure not to want to see what it was like, and if you could master the art. 

Shoes (or boots) occupy a unique niche as far as that goes. The item itself, as a genus, is unisex - everybody wears something on their feet. Dresses or skirts are designed to be worn solely by women but shoes and boots - of some sort - are common to all. 

From there it comes down to a matter of styling - a much more accessible adventure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

A better question might be why wouldn’t we want to - or at least give heels a whirl. A guy would have to be totally lacking in curiosity, imagination and any spirit of adventure not to want to see what it was like, and if you could master the art. 

Totally agree. For me, I always loved the look. It goes back to preschool believe it or not. Finally in my early 20s I put on a pair and have never looked back. The feel fit the look if you know what i mean. Still took anther decade before I started wearing my heels in public, now I'm often in them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Dresses or skirts are designed to be worn solely by women ......

Garments that closely resemble skirts and dresses are worn widely by men. For skirt-like garments the scottish klit the nearest to home for me but there are numerous other examples. In biblical lands and times men wore commonly wore robes, a kind of dress.

The sarong is a sort of skirt, widely worn by both men and women in some countries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Totally agree. For me, I always loved the look. It goes back to preschool believe it or not. Finally in my early 20s I put on a pair and have never looked back.

Your timing and mine are kind of close.  I was embarrassed in front of my peers in kindergarten because I did not know black patent leather shoes were something girls wore and boys did not. I learned that day girls got to wear pretty neat shoes which guys didn't get to wear.  The Mary-Jane was a common school shoe choice for the young ladies back in the mid 1950's.  Wow are those days gone.  Pretty shoes were a common daily style not reserved for special occasions.  Oh how I wanted to try a pair of those black patent leather Mary-Janes.  Finally in 1970 at 18, the Montgomery Ward fall sales catalog had on sale for $3.99, a Black Shiny Man-made upper with a Trio of Tiny straps.  If one strap caught my fancy, three of them were so much better.  That was my first and I have always had that special feeling for a Mary-Jane style pump over just about everything else.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.