Reason for wearing heels??

loverleather

Well, I've probably already mentioned this, but, at six foot two, I damn sure don't need to wear heels for added height. I choose to wear heels because I love how they look on me, nothing more complicated than that.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear heels shoes according to the situation. I wear them all day, both to work and to the city.
In the winter knee boots over the legs. Usually on heels 1 to 2 inches.
In spring and autumn, sometimes also in summer ankle boots. Usually on heels 2 to 4 inches.
In summer flat striped sandals.
In the theater and party ankle boots with 4 to 5 inches heels.
Heels I wear because it's my fetish. Mostly I love boots. Heels boots are the most excited about beautiful women.

Sorry this is google translate.

Old boots, 7 cm heels,  evening with a dog.

IMG_20181018_220527.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎13 at 2:31 PM, nzfreestyler said:

yes you can. I reckon definitely n a larger style sturdy style heel, and not too high for your foot flexibility/strength.

Well, I found a local boot maker that I have somehow missed all these years, and since they are doing 25% off I pulled the trigger yesterday and they are going to build me a pair of cowboy boots with 4" heels and 19" knee high shafts.  It was such a wonderful shopping experience, as they were quite happy to build something unique.  She pulled both men's and women's sample boots and pictures as we discussed customizations, because in this world, anything goes.  I'm hoping to get to spend a lot of time and activity in these 4" heels.  It will take 3-4 months before they are ready, which is a pretty good turnaround, but I will have mounting anticipation and excitement about getting to wear them.  

Until then, I'll be happy and comfortable with what I have in my 2.75" cowboy boots, and probably get some good enjoyment out of my OTK boots with 3.5" heels by wearing them into the office.  

16 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Not at all loud. Really quite understated. 

I agree that wearing tall boots over pants is not exclusively a feminine look, and those that think so may have spent too much time deriving their fashion from a modern urban bubble.  Men have worn boots this way all through history for practical reasons, and today it is still common among motorcycle riders and people who have to walk around in brush or swamps, which is pretty common where I live.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

I totally agree. Although I don’t see other men wearing tall boots over jeans around town, the look I present is totally unexceptional and I blend in completely. It is not a feminine look at all. As you say, it is common among motorcycle riders and among those who walk in scrub or where snakes may be an issue - I’ve worn mine in such circumstances often. Good for town and country and no big deal in either place. I honestly don’t think it would take much to bring tall boots into vogue for men, the look is nothing startling and the warmth and comfort in winter is very welcome. And they look nice. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I totally agree. Although I don’t see other men wearing tall boots over jeans around town, the look I present is totally unexceptional and I blend in completely. It is not a feminine look at all. As you say, it is common among motorcycle riders and among those who walk in scrub or where snakes may be an issue - I’ve worn mine in such circumstances often. Good for town and country and no big deal in either place. I honestly don’t think it would take much to bring tall boots into vogue for men, the look is nothing startling and the warmth and comfort in winter is very welcome. And they look nice. 

My boots are over my pants when I am doing chores around the house, though sometimes I pull the pants over the boots if I am cutting grass or something to prevent too many sticklers from getting dumped into the shaft.  Otherwise, I unfortunately am not a big contributor to bringing the look back as I absolutely love the feeling of the leather shafts against my skin, so they are under my pants when I am out and about.  The exception to this is the pair of Tony Lama boots that have such wide shafts that they are difficult to get under jeans.  

Now when I go out in shorts or a skirt, the tall boots are on full display.  But I know that's not the look you are going for either... 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I agree that wearing tall boots over pants is not exclusively a feminine look, and those that think so may have spent too much time deriving their fashion from a modern urban bubble.  Men have worn boots this way all through history for practical reasons, and today it is still common among motorcycle riders and people who have to walk around in brush or swamps, which is pretty common where I live.  

Chestnut suede boots with 4 inch heels worn over your pants might garner some attention.

The real trouble is to obtain pants that I can tuck in my boots. Skinny jeans are too tight to go over my calves.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cali said:

Chestnut suede boots with 4 inch heels worn over your pants might garner some attention.

The real trouble is to obtain pants that I can tuck in my boots. Skinny jeans are too tight to go over my calves.

Wish I had that problem!

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Well, I found a local boot maker that I have somehow missed all these years, and since they are doing 25% off I pulled the trigger yesterday and they are going to build me a pair of cowboy boots with 4" heels and 19" knee high shafts.  It was such a wonderful shopping experience, as they were quite happy to build something unique.  She pulled both men's and women's sample boots and pictures as we discussed customizations, because in this world, anything goes.  I'm hoping to get to spend a lot of time and activity in these 4" heels.  It will take 3-4 months before they are ready, which is a pretty good turnaround, but I will have mounting anticipation and excitement about getting to wear them.  

Until then, I'll be happy and comfortable with what I have in my 2.75" cowboy boots, and probably get some good enjoyment out of my OTK boots with 3.5" heels by wearing them into the office.

Ever thought about a thinner heel?

If you are going to wear heels a lot - as I do - I prefer the light weight of a stiletto. No harder to wear - in fact I honestly think they are easier for me, but the beauty is the comfort of a solid heel without the weight and clunkiness of a block/wedge heel ? and the shoe can flex better which is kinder on your feet if you spend a long time in your heels.

Just a thought if you are long term looking at wearing ea lot a stiletto might be a good option for a heel as well. Most women who are permanent heel wearers etc opt for a stiletto and I think that the light weight option is part of the reason. The other is obviously the style choice, or perhaps it is the style they most want to wear - but I am believe comfort is a big factor.

Regardless I can imagine you'll be exited waiting for these new boots !!!

Edited by nzfreestyler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Ever thought about a thinner heel?

If you are going to wear heels a lot - as I do - I prefer the light weight of a stiletto. No harder to wear - in fact I honestly think they are easier for me, but the beauty is the comfort of a solid heel without the weight and clunkiness of a block/wedge heel ? and the shoe can flex better which is kinder on your feet if you spend a long time in your heels.

Just a thought if you are long term looking at wearing ea lot a stiletto might be a good option for a heel as well. Most women who are permanent heel wearers etc opt for a stiletto and I think that the light weight option is part of the reason. The other is obviously the style choice, or perhaps it is the style they most want to wear - but I am believe comfort is a big factor.

Regardless I can imagine you'll be exited waiting for these new boots !!!

I’m so deep into wearing heavy knee high boots now that I doubt the additional weight of a 4” underslung heel will make much difference lol.  I suppose if I am doing any serious competitive sports then yes the weight of my footwear will be a handicap.  But for what I do Day in and out I don’t mind the extra weight, and maybe it will help me stay fit?  I have falling arches and my wife’s podiatrist says that firm shoes and shanks are actually better for your feet than flex, so I’m not too worried about that either.  

I have honestly not spent any time in a stilleto.  My “women’s” shoes have way thinner heels and yes I have been impressed with how stable they are, and they even work on structures like cattle guards!  But the “block” heel is probably where I need to draw the line, as I do a lot of walking around in fields and places where a stilleto will sink and generally be a mess.  But I suppose I will never know unless I try?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I have honestly not spent any time in a stilleto.  My “women’s” shoes have way thinner heels and yes I have been impressed with how stable they are, and they even work on structures like cattle guards!  But the “block” heel is probably where I need to draw the line, as I do a lot of walking around in fields and places where a stilleto will sink and generally be a mess.

Sounds like if you in mixed terrain that a larger heel is more practical.

I don't go anywhere that hasn't got hard surfaces/pavements/sealed roads etc so I can get by in stilettos readily without issues. I only have to take my heels off for health and safety reasons now and again. (I think my skirt/hemlines give me more trouble than my shoes do!

9 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

podiatrist says that firm shoes and shanks are actually better for your feet than flex

This is exactly why I love my stilettos. They are rock solid from the heel to the toe - no weight but solid and the toe bends making them easy to wear. Only poor quality stiletto will flex - the shank itself will always be solid as compared to flat shoes. (But obviously a tall heel is not as good as a lower heel for our feet - so its moderation all around!)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Came across this topic and would like to share mine. It is both for me, sensual and personal but i think it really started as a sensual feeling of excitement (aroused) for the first time at a very young age (7 or 8 yrs old). Watching this old cartoon series (gem and the hologram) really got me in to that kind of mood. As I keep on looking the main character shoes (pink pointy stiletto) got me curious how it feels like walking in that kind of shoes. Then I started to notice that my mother has those similar pair in (brown, black and pink pointy toe stiletto pumps). The moment came that they left me in the house alone to do some errands. First thing that came in to my mind was to look for my mom's shoes and there i found the pink pumps. Got my hands on those shoes and the scent of the the leather was amazing then tried to slip my foot in. The shoe was really big on me during that time but as soon as my feet touches the shoes my excitement really burst out and from that moment i was hooked. So the story goes on from there. 

• Like 2

Yes, I think many of us here discovered heels the same way you did. Naturally curious by nature, children want to explore and check things out and that's what you did. It didn't take too long though for my foot to be bigger than my mother's but I enjoyed trying on her heels for a few years before buying my first pair in 1978. HinH

• Like 1

My first encounter with heels was in the second grade.  I was at a friends house and we were playing hide and seek.  When it was my turn to hide, I snuck into his big sisters closet.  She must have been in her late teens.  When I closed the door, it was dark and I was standing among her large collection of high heels on the floor.  For some reason I picked one up and the sweet smell of leather, perfume and sweat overwhelmed me.  This was way before I know what being turned on was all about, but something in my head switched on and I was hooked.

Subsequent encounters involved me housesitting for the next door neighbor.  She had some spectacular heels.  I was probably 12 or 13 at the time.  I recall laying by her closet, pulling different stilettos out of shoe boxes and holding them to my nose while I played with myself.

I'm in my late 60's now and have a small collection of heels that I wear on occasion, but those old memories feel like they were just yesterday.  Amazing how strong that imprinting was at such an early age.

Edited by Spikes
typo
  • Like 3

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:05 PM, nzfreestyler said:

Sounds like if you in mixed terrain that a larger heel is more practical.

I don't go anywhere that hasn't got hard surfaces/pavements/sealed roads etc so I can get by in stilettos readily without issues. I only have to take my heels off for health and safety reasons now and again. (I think my skirt/hemlines give me more trouble than my shoes do!

This is exactly why I love my stilettos. They are rock solid from the heel to the toe - no weight but solid and the toe bends making them easy to wear. Only poor quality stiletto will flex - the shank itself will always be solid as compared to flat shoes. (But obviously a tall heel is not as good as a lower heel for our feet - so its moderation all around!)

You are so right NZ....My stiletto boots are much easier to walk in than block/cowgirl heels of a similar height...But, like you mentioned, constant wear over rugged roads/surfaces is rough on the heels/tips....I found a pair of Zodiac cowgirl booties with heavier underslung heels which I thought would be a good alternative to beating up my good stiletto boots...Admittedly, the Zodiac boots are cheaper/lower quality, but definitely harder to walk in and not very comfortable...Fortunately, I paid next to nothing for them used on ebay, will wear them until the heels weaken/bust, which shouldn't take very long....

On 8/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, Spikes said:

My first encounter with heels was in the second grade.  I was at a friends house and we were playing hide and seek.  When it was my turn to hide, I snuck into his big sisters closet.  She must have been in her late teens.  When I closed the door, it was dark and I was standing among her large collection of high heels on the floor.  For some reason I picked one up and the sweet smell of leather, perfume and sweat overwhelmed me.  This was way before I know what being turned on was all about, but something in my head switched on and I was hooked.

Subsequent encounters involved me housesitting for the next door neighbor.  She had some spectacular heels.  I was probably 12 or 13 at the time.  I recall laying by her closet, pulling different stilettos out of shoe boxes and holding them to my nose while I played with myself.

I'm in my late 60's now and have a small collection of heels that I wear on occasion, but those old memories feel like they were just yesterday.  Amazing how strong that imprinting was at such an early age.

My story is very similar indeed....I still remember all those first encounters like they were yesterday...