Reason for wearing heels??

loverleather

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

A better question might be why wouldn’t we want to - or at least give heels a whirl. A guy would have to be totally lacking in curiosity, imagination and any spirit of adventure not to want to see what it was like, and if you could master the art. 

I’m sure I have many curiosities that I don’t act immediately upon due to time, money, and general accessibility, but as I look back on my life so far I usually have something kind of wild going on at any given time.  It depends on a number of factors, and having a community to share the curiosity with safely and make new friends presents opportunities to be explored.  As with many things in life, not only do you have to be motivated, but you also have to be at the right place at the right time.  Wherever that place and time might be, I would like to be wearing heels.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the feel and how my legs look better in high heels. And I am used to wearing heels and I feel under-dressed in flats. Similar to wearing  pants without a belt - I always wear a belt and without one I feel like I didn't get dressed properly.

I am the same with my heels - I just prefer heels on my feet - it feels right.

Everyone expects me to wear heels nowadays - and I get a hard time (friendly teasing) if I wear lower heels.

• Like 4

On a side note - I also find heels truely more comfortable. I run a lot and I have tight tendons etc anyway, wearing high heels for long periods of time does cause shortening of the achilles etc - I know of this and can feel it in my legs - but putting my feet back in say a 4 inch pump is much nicer than in a flat. I do wear flats at home - but standing still in flats is tiring for me.

• Like 5

I wear them, you wear them, and we all wear them because they feel great physically and emotionally and it gives us a creative outlet as adults we probably didn't get to enjoy as children. If wearing heels is one more way to enjoy the fleeting amount of time we have on this big blue planet then I say full speed ahead. They'll keep making them and I'll keep finding them as long as my good health and fervent desire remain. Stay heeled my friends. HinH

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

On a side note - I also find heels truely more comfortable. I run a lot and I have tight tendons etc anyway, wearing high heels for long periods of time does cause shortening of the achilles etc - I know of this and can feel it in my legs - but putting my feet back in say a 4 inch pump is much nicer than in a flat. I do wear flats at home - but standing still in flats is tiring for me.

Now I am curious @nzfreestyler - what height heels do you run in? :)

13 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

ha ha ha

I can run in high heels - but I have never tried it as a 'proper run/ - and I have only run in heels on concrete or similar hard surfaces.

I do wear 'sensible shoes when I go for a run !

Saucony ISO Triumph 4 here - and you?

Hello @Shyheels

i suppose you may have some joins pain that doesn't allow you to run. 

But can you wear high heels without any trouble? 

I used to run a lot in the past.Now because of back,knew problems I can't anymore. But biking,hiking,swimming AND wearing heels,even very high and on long distances are ok. So why would I ask for more?  

I was training a lot - 70 to 100 miles a week - and really just kind of got tired of it. Later on I had a very badly ruptured disc, but this had nothing to do with running. That kept me on the sidelines for a year after surgery.

I preferred cycling anyway, not for racing but touring and seeing the countryside. I have done loads of it over the years, many thousands of miles. 

I do find that wearing heels can alleviate the pain of back spasms and because I did so much flexibility and strength work with my feet and ankles over the years I have been able to walk reasonably well in heels without much practice. Three inch Cuban heeled ankle boots are no more trouble to me than trainers.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Saucony ISO Triumph 4 here - and you?

But you don't run out doors....

After 4 knee surgeries (with 5 & 6 coming in a year or so), I don't run very much any more. But who wants to when you are wearing fabulous heels. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'll bet you look great in hot asics also

Hey Pebbles,

I don't know but I sometimes run in a running skirt cause they are really comfy, and my current Kayanos (shoes) are hot pink and black !

2 hours ago, Cali said:

But who wants to when you are wearing fabulous heels. 

I'm the same,

I only run in high heels - if I need to cross a road quickly eg without a crossing, or if its really pouring down, or if I need to catch a bus or a train and I am literally very close.

I don't run say for several blocks because I am late. I plan ahead more, just one of the things wearing heels has taught me.

1 hour ago, nzfreestyler said:

don't know but I sometimes run in a running skirt cause they are really comfy, and my current Kayanos (shoes) are hot pink and black !

Curious seeing pictures of you in athletic wear. Always observed few  females i know in only a dress pantyhose and heels like my second female cousin for example. Never seen her in casual outfit always dressed up. Wearing a skort, for fitness exercise runny outdoors or visiting inside a gym.  Only seen two woman wearing that a skort, If you do exercise at a gym wearing what you described what were the reactions you seen?

While i wear exclusively very comfortable female leggings working out inside the gym, feels if i'm completely naked. When i began wearing feminine fitness outfits Initially got some flack, but since doing it for years i routinely wear them, the regular members are use to see me outfitted very well. Nothing more motivating than wearing a great skin tight feminine gym outfit showing off my shape observing more than my normal reactions i get. Often consider woman staring intrigued even envying my attire, some telling me so or they can't keep their eyes off me when i workout. Then i know i'm doing something right later on a few visits others are copying and wearing similar or exact outfit i had on with complimentary colours. 

Yet beside the leggings and tight tops more attention is given to my grey with accented pink nike sneakers. Yes, my body gets the initial scan legs upper body etc, yet often then not females stare glaring at my shoes noticing the colour. Yet it often matches the subtle  hue pink top i was wearing or purplish- pink mauve colour leggings.

Edited by MackyHeels

Hi Mackyheels,

skorts are different to a running skirt.

A running skirt has a built in brief - similar to running shorts.

A skort is a fitted pair of shorts with a skirted front overlay, and the wearer needs underwear too.

I wear a skirts a lot and I prefer a skirt to shorts - and similarly a running skirt is nicer in the heat than running shorts.

Fitness-wise: I'm no exhibitionist in the sense that I don't want to go around flashing my assets to everyone in public, I will show my legs, I am usually bare legged except mid winter when I do wear leggings under shorts/skirts/cycling shorts. Mostly I train outside in all weathers, I love running in a storm, falling snow (not settled obviously) and I also love the heat.

In fitness gear I think very few notice I am wearing a running skirt (when I do) cause its not too dissimilar from shorts at a distance.

Its a bit different for me in normal wear - cause in a skirt and tshirt, I still wear pumps and its a bit obvious then ! ha !

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, swedeheeler said:

It's eligible to wear heels, so my twisted brain will turn the question round to: Is there reasons to not wear heels? ;)

To continue on my previous quote; When the situation needs it there's a reason to not wear heels. For example: I'm working as contractor, during worktime we have to wear protective shoes with steel inforced toes and nail resistive soles to not damage our feets.

Edited by swedeheeler

I am lucky that I can wear heels everyday

sometimes when I visit sites I have to wear gumboots for health & safety reasons. Looks a bit silly but the gumboots are steel capped etc and for visitors. This is in factories/ framing/trussing factories etc... but I don't visit sites a lot, maybe once a month.

There certainly are situations where heels would be a no go. Industrial buildings, warehouses, hospitals, restaurants, as well as working in law enforcement or virtually any of the trades where there's a likelihood of being on a building site. I love all of my heels but I also love my steel toe boots. You can add chopping and stacking firewood to the list of situations where a steel toe boot is preferable. HinH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

To which I can add: archaeology excavations, the pitching decks of trawlers, jungle paths, making wet zodiac landings in Antarctica, desert sands, swamps, mines, favelas in Rio and crossing glaciers...

No doubt, you have been to most of these!!