Reason for wearing heels??

loverleather

Difficult to say personal or sexual gratification in wearing heels depending on my mood. When i wear an outfit only heels that can only work it's not as enjoyable but necessary, so my attitude is just ordinarily normal. Liking it when it’s cold outside you wear more clothing to coverup your bare skin. When it’s warmer you shed the fabric off your skin making it feel more comfortable. Just like going to the beach or pool wearing little or nothing on. It is acceptable but in the right atmosphere, surroundings and mindset it can get very sensual. 

Unless the outfit becomes alluring or racy then yes it can become erotic joy seeing oneself all dolled up. Yet any heeling done out in public any gratification  goes out the window. Only because the anxiety it poses from reactions of others. This can easily rain on my emotions when negativity is in the air or spoil ones fun, while it often builds mental toughness and confidence which i may never experienced not wearing heels with my outfits.

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's the same for me. 

May I add that the only fact of wearing high heels bring me in a better mood. So a task that  could have been a boring one become a nice one. 

About public heeling it's both a confidence and an ability to create my protective bubble exercise 

And with the proper outfits it also have an erotic effect  

Are we all the same? 

I could personally add that if I could wear men style high heels with normal men outfits that would be my everyday style without any erotic 

purpose. 

Pierre 

• Like 2

Heelers : For me, None of those apply. Wearing high stiletto heels is just apart of my clothing, weather in public or in private. 

Wearing ugly or flat shoes is only necessary when I am working in the yard, at the fitness club. It has never been sexual 

regardless of my other attire.    spikesmike5a92d8b2ac572_leatheroutfitwithboots.thumb.jpg.c8599a17b5493fc712b3c5948b92a7f3.jpg

• Like 6

I've only worn women shoes since 2010 because they fit better than any men's shoe ever did. I've wear 4+ inch heels for the pass 3-4 years after I found how much they affect the amount of pain I live with. So I am in heels 10+ hours a day.  Except for three weeks...toe surgery last week, so limited walking and heels.

So in some sense I get personal enjoyment from them. But these are just my normal everyday shoes now, no sexual enjoyment. Only time I really think about my shoes is when I need to walk across an uneven surface or when I need to drive in something else.

• Like 2

20171011_175538.thumb.jpg.fcada0385171e3db5e5575b16140a84d.jpgya'll keep up wearing the heels, heels are NOT  just for us  girls , guys look hot  in them  as well . i'm locked in these babies all weekend. wish me  luck .

Edited by tina
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, tina said:

20171011_175538.thumb.jpg.fcada0385171e3db5e5575b16140a84d.jpgya'll keep up wearing the heels, heels are NOT  just for us  girls , guys look hot  in them  as well . i'm locked in these babies all weekend. wish me  luck .

Yikes

• Like 1

There was that point in time when I began to discover something called "GIRL!"  I was in my tween years when someone showed up in my seventh grade class wearing something different - a pair of mini short stiletto beige shoes.  It was interesting watching how her female peers swooned and fawned about her shoes.  I checked out the Alden's Catalog to find something very exciting to me at that time. It was a page labeled "FIRST HEELS."  Then under that headline was, "She'll feel so grown-up in her first heels. Just a little bit higher to delight her, yet low enough for healthful foot comfort."  The page offered four different styles of shoes featuring "jet heels" as they were known in the early-mid 1960's.  I was fascinated by the terminology about feeling like a grown-up and being delighted.  I understood those were special feelings that only a girl must be able to experience.

I attempted to see if I could kind of experience those feelings by trying my mother's shoes.  I was greatly disappointed to discover my feet were too big to fit into her size 6 shoes. I failed to find a solution to my quest until I found I could fit into my Grandmother's.  She had a quarter strap open toed black fabric sandal with what had to be a 2 1/4" tapered wood block heel.  I was a perfect fit in her size 8s and could even draw the strap across my instep and fasten the strap into the buckle.  

Oh those first steps did have a strangely feeling of "delight." I walked around as she and my parents were out shopping for groceries as I was left to watch TV. I found the feeling to be very exciting in a couple of ways and when I rocked back onto the heels and balanced on them without my toes touching the floor, I was really hooked.  I understood that heels gave a girl a very special feeling when they wore them and it was fully an inaccessible activity for a boy to experience ---- but I did.  And I did again until my mother caught me trying on a different pair and "explained" that girls can do that but boys were to never do that.  I continued to admire the classmates who began to show up in class more in numbers and frequency wearing their "special" shoes to school.  On 8th Grade class picture day, there was only a couple who were not wearing heels.  Most were in the 1 1/4" to maybe pushing 2 1/4" except for one who showed up with what had to be 3 to 4 inch heels - which fit her the same as I fit into my mothers.  She was one who was not able to be in heels that day and really crushed.  I really felt for her as that one special day eluded her as had the days for me after Mom's talk.  It would be another 5 to 6 years before I was able to have my very own first paid of heels which did delight me also at only 1 1/8" high. But the next pair were 2 7/8" heeled size 11 with pointed toe classic pumps made of white  Waymofam from the Aldens Catalog.  ….and I was totally hooked then and still am 48 years later.

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

When I see a woman wearing heels well, there is an element of sexual arousal, but when I'm wearing them myself, they are only "my shoes." They just make me happy, for some dumb reason.

Likewise.  And, even in church, where women are supposed to dress up, all you see are sun dresses and flip flops.  Discouraging when a man is wearing the highest heels in the place.    

• Haha 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

10 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Likewise.  And, even in church, where women are supposed to dress up, all you see are sun dresses and flip flops.  Discouraging when a man is wearing the highest heels in the place.    

I would imagine those same women would say they've liberated themselves from wearing heels, preferring comfort over style.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

9 hours ago, JeffB said:

I would imagine those same women would say they've liberated themselves from wearing heels, preferring comfort over style.

I had women ask me how I can walk in heels all day long, don't they hurt. And I ask them why they buy heels that hurt in the first place? Their husbands or boyfriends usually laugh because they understand the logic of not buying shoes that hurt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

I had women ask me how I can walk in heels all day long, don't they hurt.

Yes - I get asked the same question. Mostly my heels don't hurt but sometimes I get sore feet. It does depend on my shoes & a little element of luck involved.

It can be unpredictable - when shopping you try a shoe on and it feels great but its only after wearing them for half a day say that you realise that they can be a bit niggly, but they are so cute that you still love and wear them - but avoid wearing them too long...  The same pair of high heels worn with hosiery can become uncomfortable to wear too, whereas bare legs might afford a better fit... I have a lot of pointy toes that are 8 + hour shoes, and I have others that are great up to 8hours, but tiring for longer.... but I still wear them.

The other factor is you need a shoe that looks great with your outfit - and a pair might have a neat bow on the heel which matches your clothes, or you might want a certain colour shoe etc.... so you wear a pair that is not quite perfectly comfortable. Its a little compromise.

I wouldn't ever wear shoes that 'hurt' - that doesn't make sense - but I do understand the dilemna.

More effort needs to be made trying shoes on and making sure they are perfect when trying them out - otherwise they're never really going to get better or become ok !!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

More effort needs to be made trying shoes on and making sure they are perfect when trying them out - otherwise they're never really going to get better or become ok !!

Most men are terrified at the thought of going into a Women's shoe store and asking a SA for help finding their correct size.  Until they are willing to bite the bullet and admit the heels are for them, they'll just have to continue the "try and return" method.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

2 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Until they are willing to bite the bullet and admit the heels are for them, they'll just have to continue the "try and return" method.

There's no bullet to bite when you wear high heels into the store.

Edited by Cali

49 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

True True!

I was of the mindset that - if I'm going to wear high heels out and about - why not  shop for high heels in a shoe store ? It ensures the best fit.

Ahh! I wish I could do that. But since I wear a size 13, precious few stores outside of Payless offer gunboats in that size. 

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jetheels......  I liked your story.  Your experiences with gals shoes and heels pretty much parallel my experience growing up.  Wearing mom's and  grandma's sandals, getting "caught," and wondering why I could not have a pair of gals shoes.  

Then I went away to school, and everything changed.  I began wearing gals flats openly, and no one really cared.  Met a gal (who became my wife) and she didn't care.  My folks even accepted my gals shoes.  20+ years ago, I made the jump to high heels and never looked back.. It's been fun!!!!  Enjoy your heels....   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I liked your story too - it has a nice ring of recogniseable authenticity. I was never that into heels but I do recall a very pretty red haired girl who used to come into school in go-go boots (circa 1970). No heels, or at least I don’t remember tham as having heels - I might not have noticed, I really wasn’t into heels - just white knee high boots that seemed very cool and chic to me, so much so that I wanted a pair too, just like hers. I was so ditzy I didn’t even grasp at first that they were strictly for girls - in fairness that was an era of extravagant fashions for both sexes. (It also makes me think they couldn’t have had heels because that would have clued me in) At any rate, I really wanted a pair and probably would have asked my parents for some but then something, and I don’t remember what, tipped me off that these were girls boots and I was quite mortified. I still liked them, and sincerely wished it were possible for me to have a pair, but gave up on the idea entirely as one of the natural ways of the world, about which I could do nothing.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:15 PM, Bubba136 said:

That's happened to me a lot! 

Steve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I liked your story too - it has a nice ring of recogniseable authenticity. I was never that into heels but I do recall a very pretty red haired girl who used to come into school in go-go boots (circa 1970). No heels, or at least I don’t remember tham as having heels - I might not have noticed, I really wasn’t into heels - just white knee high boots that seemed very cool and chic to me, so much so that I wanted a pair too, just like hers. I was so ditzy I didn’t even grasp at first that they were strictly for girls - in fairness that was an era of extravagant fashions for both sexes. (It also makes me think they couldn’t have had heels because that would have clued me in) At any rate, I really wanted a pair and probably would have asked my parents for some but then something, and I don’t remember what, tipped me off that these were girls boots and I was quite mortified. I still liked them, and sincerely wished it were possible for me to have a pair, but gave up on the idea entirely as one of the natural ways of the world, about which I could do nothing.

When i was 7 or 8 years year old 1977  my mom bought twin denim overalls and knee high boots for both me and my older sister. Often my mother bought us overdressed clothing for everyday wear rather casual clothes what other kids were wearing. Remember on wet rainy snowy day me and my sister were late to school. We both gotten our new digs and i kept slipping on the wet ice, rain, mix slush, gotten soaked. Because of the plastic leather sole had no grip in slippery icy conditions. The principal noticed my knee high boots while me and my sister waited in hallway stairwell near heater drying ourselves. Think he knew for kid my age the boots were not for me but for woman as my sister commented. I began to feel bit angry of all the fuss from others me loving these two inch block heels and platforms only the weather gotten me bruised up from the lack of grip my boots had outdoors. As the weather gotten better or dryer i wore my boots but many kids teased me for wearing girl shoes. I corrected them, lifting my pant leg up to my knee saying there boots showing them off. As the  patrolling teachers in recess noticed with that gasp shocked stares that we seen to know today wearing female heels ourselves. Some teachers started to gather as i was getting teased by students and bullies. The one female teacher was smiling one told the other she would love to wear exact pair herself to laughter of the other. This gave students more ammunition onto teasing me as girls began to start agreeing with the boys.  The two female teachers kept chatting one telling you shouldn't say that knowing how much i was getting named called girly shoes nah na nah.. Yet they both laughed to one another agreeing something they both would wear on A date Saturday night. Then to quench the teasing the teacher came to me saying my mom has good taste in shoes. Just they aren't for you honey. Little did she know it annoyed me a bit. Seeing the teacher was fashion conscious attractive woman that everyone liked. Thereafter i began to hate her while many girls had cult following to this popular teacher. Only i felt out on my own battling everyone yet still enjoyed wearing them. Stomping or kicking on any bully feet and shins knowing the hard platform heel can hurt a lot of kids. The teachers seen that gotten me in trouble for fighting then my mom had to defend me as the teachers blamed it's his boots are weapon and unsafe and the paved the path to get rid of such footwear.

Loved the platform zip side block heel go go boots wore them as much as i could. Yet my sister kept telling family members that i'm wearing woman boots. Some older cousins kept there eyes on them and had to agree in polite way. Later on my mom had enough and decided these boots weren't adequate footwear telling me for safety reasons i might break my ankle or knee even neck. This pressure came from numerous peers  of my mom noticing my go go boots thanks to my sister. Crying and begging my mom not to take them away. Little did she do but hid them in the closet buying me new sneakers as replacement i searched finding them decided to wear the boots instead. Little time after my mom threw them out on garbage day to the delight of my sister.

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sounds deeply unpleasant and the kind of traumatic experience that could affect one many years down the track. It staggers me how people can be so unthinkingly - or in some cases even deliberately - cruel. What possible harm were you doing to anybody by wearing a nice pair of tall boots to school? Those teachers - if they were truly people worth of their jobs and who liked and understood children - should have complimented you on your boots, told the bullies to knock it off, and used their authority and to make it clear that being your own person was extremely important and worthwhile.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

This really explains the tone I can hear reading some of your posts macky, sorry society was so cruel, when you were just trying to be yourself. I’ve had the same sort of ridicule but my mother couldn’t throw my name away.

• Like 1

I've been trying to come up with an answer to this question ever since the topic was started.. I haven't had much luck. But here goes anyway

For me my story is kinda like a few of yours. I grew up always sneaking into my mom's and grandmothers closet to wear their heels. But that only lasted so long until I quickly outgrew their size 7 shoes.  And then there was a long gap until I get got my license! Then I could finally get my own pair of heels! 

I went to a nine west outlet nearby and bought what I thought might be the right size (turns out i was wrong) I went back and exchanged them the next day. I had myself a pair of little black ankle booties with a 4 inch heel! I would wear them around the house every time I was alone. I couldn't get enough.

Soon I started walking around town at night because the house was getting boring. I did that for a few year and I didn't buy my second pair for probly another 6 or 7 years.  Now I've moved all The way up to 5 pairs of new heels, skinny jeans and a few skirts that I've worn out in public. ( which can be seen in "my first public adventure" thread) 

I still don't really know why I like heels so much but I absolutely love the feeling it brings to wear them at home and in public. It's such a satisfying feeling the be walking around in my stilettos. I wish I could do it more! and I hope I can find a way to explain all this to my gf so she can try and accept it and maybe understand it better :)

BB

• Like 2

One of the  positive things about a thread such as this is that it allows one to write down feelings and histories, tell stories and in doing so explore one's motives and make connections that one might miss in the day to day run of things.  

• Like 1