Partying in High Heels

nzfreestyler

Sharp shoes, nz! Those heels look to be close to five inches, and given how thin they are, I'm impressed you managed to keep them out of those gaps. I know that on those now rare occasions when I were stilettos, I have to be careful to avoid stepping in those cracks in the sidewalk.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

thanks JeffB

I was dressed quite well - those are one of my more classy pumps - no handrails either so I had to borrow an arm - but it did make me feel silly as a guy needing a friends arm. But the jetty approach was perhaps 150m of planking like that ! No handrails.

I've been on boats and the like in high heels, and small boats are a lot harder obviously but large boats have metal decks and they are so treacherous....

anyhow... the things we do....

• Like 2

Well, I'm sure that must've made for quite an interesting experience. I've never worn heels on metal surfaces, but I can imagine that could make for a seriously dicey proposition, not too much different from polished tile floors in stores and malls which present their own perils for heelers like us.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

NZ you had a walk on a stem breaker. Living in a coastal town I encounter these often.

Since I wear my heels almost exclusively, I find negotiating planks, drains, those disable bumps, and polished cement floors when its raining the hardest. Really need to concentrate when walking on these surfaces.

• Like 1

Nice work NZ, sometimes I think I am a little "looser", perhaps less inhibited/self conscious with a few drinks under my belt....I might actually do better in my boots after a few drinks, too bad I gave it up....

When I go out in heels I stay sober.  No sense in messing up a nice pair of heels while all borracho.  And then there is the getting stopped by the police for DUI, so I leave the drinking at home.....

sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Must have been upscale for you to choose the dark hose!

You look lovely!

Ha ha yes. Sometimes stockings/hosiery is a necessity. That just goes with the territory if I want to wear a dress.

• Like 3

Hi Mitsysun,

yeh - grass and gravel in stiletto heels is a damn nuisance. I avoid them at all costs although occasionally get caught out with a short gravel path to have to negotiate. With lawn I find there is usually always a path around - it might be a lot longer but I'm not worried about distance - I worry more about my shoes and clothes.

The damage to a stiletto heel from lawns and gravels is terrible. And they need to be cleaned there and then too.

I avoid the gravels and grass for formal do's because if something went wrong and I have to take my heels off - if I'm wearing stockings well that will be the end of a pair of stockings too.... the problem with a formal event is you can't carry a large handbag (suitable for lower heels/flats), its a clutch only sort of affair, and I find my heels get higher and a little more impractical than normal for a fancier event and then that adds to the problems of grass/gravel.

I just don't go outside unless its a paved courtyard or ashphalted/concrete paths etc...wooden decks are a nuisance but not so bad if close spaced... but still a nuisance.