The perfect pump IMHO

Highheeldude

I know everyone's taste is different. And I guess that I've looked at 10's of thousands of shoe pictures looking for what I'd consider to be the best pump for me. 

Today I saw this picture on pinterest and I believe the shoes to be perfectly proportioned.  Pointy but not too pointy, high, but not too high. 

The problem is that i dont know where i can buy it. I would be eternally grateful if someone here could tell me where it can be purchased.

02481a5e55f4f8203f169077f9605677.jpg

• Like 3

1969 has a line of long toed pumps like this, heel height is about 5 inches. Good looking shoes, but like you said all tastes are different. The elongated toes will drag some if you choose to wear these out and about. To me the heel shape is perfect, low cut vamp is perfect, but I'd rather have the toes almond shaped.

Good luck in finding your perfect pair.  I cannot and won't disagree that those are a very good looking pump.  The pump style is a timeless classic in making the leg look long and slender with the minimal amount of support to the foot showing.  

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Heelers : To my way of thinking the high heel pump is the classiest shoe around. Boots and oxfords are great or I would not have so many.

This is the  " ellie " shoe. I have owned this pair of heels for years. Nice toe, Nice heel, Nice fit.  spikesmike 

IMG_0059.JPG

• Like 2

The perfect high heeled pumps are three dimensionally detailed and imprinted into my memory and I have searched for them with out much success. Fashions are suppose to recycle every 20 to 30 years, so I keep hoping and dreaming for their return. Meanwhile, I have found substitutes that I consider are in the ball park of coming close, otherwise I wouldn't have any heels to wear. Recently, I was able obtain this pair of pumps: 1310935747_GIU44097_1_enlargedduo.thumb.jpg.633300ad76761bff8aa0bf1934884c38.jpg      Which made my day when I first saw being depicted. They still aren't my ultimate dream heels, but they are so attractive, even more so as I gaze upon them as they support my posterior. The toe boxes may be pointed, but the way they form the point correlates directly with the curve the end of my toes make, so my toes don't feel crowded. I want to wear them constantly and I also want them to last forever. What a conundrum to succeed at both. Luckily, I have similar styles to wear that can help my conflicted situation.  

• Like 1

I found them on a consignment outlet called RealReal on the internet. (therealreal.com) At this site, people are looking to sale their wares. So I am lucky to have popped in at the right time and saw these Giuseppe Zanotti Design, 5" Stiletto Pumps for sale. There are many designer heels and less known brands to pick from. The only draw backs are that there items have usually been worn or used at least once and the seller only had the one. There is a chance other sellers might have the same item they want to sell, but the appareling size may be different.  

Edited by Histiletto

• 9 months later...

Watch the placement of the high heel in relation to the rest of the shoe. If it's under the heel of your foot (shoe on the left), it will be more stable. If it's behind the heel of your foot (shoe on the right), it will be less stable.

a10.jpg

• Like 4

I never understood the whole craze to place the heel behind the foot. It not only looks daft, it also looks uncomfortable to walk in. Zara seems to be absolutely in love with these as almost all their pumps seem to be of this model. And the ones that aren't are too small. Life can be funny that way.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:16 AM, Heike said:

Watch the placement of the high heel in relation to the rest of the shoe. If it's under the heel of your foot (shoe on the left), it will be more stable. If it's behind the heel of your foot (shoe on the right), it will be less stable.

a10.jpg

I think this is bang-on , and I would add that I find the shoes comfier with the heel on the left because my walk is more natural - the heel on the right strikes the grounder earlier in my stride and sort of makes me feel like I am walking flippety floppety - if that makes sense!

I do have a lot of shoes with the heel further back, but i I know I will be walking or standing a lot then I choose a pump with a more classically postioned heel for comfort.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, Heike said:

a10.jpg

Most informative. Makes damn good sense too.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 5/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, Heike said:

a10.jpg

We've all been saying this for yrs, but the heel at the back gives the impression that the heel is higher even though it's not. The style has lasted longer than I hoped it would.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:28 AM, Histiletto said:

The perfect high heeled pumps are three dimensionally detailed and imprinted into my memory and I have searched for them with out much success. Fashions are suppose to recycle every 20 to 30 years, so I keep hoping and dreaming for their return. Meanwhile, I have found substitutes that I consider are in the ball park of coming close, otherwise I wouldn't have any heels to wear. Recently, I was able obtain this pair of pumps: 1310935747_GIU44097_1_enlargedduo.thumb.jpg.633300ad76761bff8aa0bf1934884c38.jpg      Which made my day when I first saw being depicted. They still aren't my ultimate dream heels, but they are so attractive, even more so as I gaze upon them as they support my posterior. The toe boxes may be pointed, but the way they form the point correlates directly with the curve the end of my toes make, so my toes don't feel crowded. I want to wear them constantly and I also want them to last forever. What a conundrum to succeed at both. Luckily, I have similar styles to wear that can help my conflicted situation.  

Given the later (very helpful) comments on heel-positioning, it looks to me as though these black courts have the heel set rather too forward - or is that an illusion given the angle of the first pic?   Some of the early (mid-50s) stilettos had a similarly forward-placed heel, but the classic style was more with a 'central' positioning (under one's own heel), much as in Heike's left-hand pic.   I can see why so many shoes now have a set-back heel, but I don't like them either, in terms of wearability or appearance.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, Puffer said:

Given the later (very helpful) comments on heel-positioning, it looks to me as though these black courts have the heel set rather too forward - or is that an illusion given the angle of the first pic?   Some of the early (mid-50s) stilettos had a similarly forward-placed heel, but the classic style was more with a 'central' positioning (under one's own heel), much as in Heike's left-hand pic.   I can see why so many shoes now have a set-back heel, but I don't like them either, in terms of wearability or appearance.

Yes it is an illusion, because of the way the light reflects off the angling of the upper heel. Here is a similar pump by Giuseppe Zanotti with the stiletto heel being slightly thicker, but the same basic design. 413813340_11056819nr_14_fa(4).thumb.jpg.9d620c5ad3a458db84cda9f7fecb557a.jpg

I'm not so sure. When standing straight in these the heel will line up with back of you calf, therefore the weight is actually more squarely on the heel. It's been so long since shoes were made this way I think most people forgot how much easier they are to walk in. The heel won't want to split from the front, ever notice how on heeled back shoes the front of the shoe wants to slide forward a bit after your foot completed its step? That won't happen with these.

Just my opinion though.

Edited by Jkrenzer

29 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

I'm not so sure. When standing straight in these the heel will line up with back of you calf, therefore the weight is actually more squarely on the heel. It's been so long since shoes were made this way I think most people forgot how much easier they are to walk in. The heel won't want to split from the front, ever notice how on heeled back shoes the front of the shoe wants to slide forward a bit after your foot completed its step? That won't happen with these.

Just my opinion though.

Yeah.  .  . in fact I have noticed this on certain shoes. It doesn't tend to happen if everything is built really rigid, but I have noticed this, particularly when walking slightly downhill. I have some set back heels that are quite comfortable and easy to walk in, but they are all thicker, more rigid heels. I just hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet. Another problem I noticed with set back heels is that you have to be even more careful walking down stairs (which I suck at anyway), because it's a lot easier to catch your heel on the end of the step when stepping down to the next step.

My shoe buddy is a big Nine West gal, and she almost always wore their pumps to work. When it came time to replace shoes that were worn out beyond any practical repair, this was the closest thing we could find to what she really wanted:

NW Tatiana.png

Not entirely satisfactory, but close enough even with that somewhat awkward looking set back heel. It's all that's available. I have begun noticing that she's wearing heels less and less often lately. Mere coincidence?

Edited by mlroseplant
Better formatting

This is my favorite....5,5" heels, a pointed toe that isn´t too long and a very plain, classic design. Made in Italy for Laszivo ....a small shop that closed its doors a few years ago.

IMG_5636.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, mlroseplant said:

Yeah.  .  . in fact I have noticed this on certain shoes. It doesn't tend to happen if everything is built really rigid, but I have noticed this, particularly when walking slightly downhill. I have some set back heels that are quite comfortable and easy to walk in, but they are all thicker, more rigid heels. I just hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet. Another problem I noticed with set back heels is that you have to be even more careful walking down stairs (which I suck at anyway), because it's a lot easier to catch your heel on the end of the step when stepping down to the next step.

My shoe buddy is a big Nine West gal, and she almost always wore their pumps to work. When it came time to replace shoes that were worn out beyond any practical repair, this was the closest thing we could find to what she really wanted:

NW Tatiana.png

Not entirely satisfactory, but close enough even with that somewhat awkward looking set back heel. It's all that's available. I have begun noticing that she's wearing heels less and less often lately. Mere coincidence?

Tell your shoe buddy to take a look at Classic Pumps - www.classicpumps.com - she might find something she likes there without them being overly expensive.  The quality is similar to and maybe even slightly better than Nine West.

• Like 1