Pride 2018

So as we round the half-way point of pride month, I thought I would make a post about an awesome experience I had yesterday.

For those that do not know, I live in the Louisville, KY area. I have watched our local pride parade before, but never actually been in it.

This isn’t for lack of opportunity. It seems I always have friends in it who ask if I want to participate, but timing on my end as of these past few years always seems to be off. This weekend is not only Father’s Day, but my sister’s birthday is close at hand as well, and we usually travel to visit her.

However, this year was different. I am friends with the president of a local electric vehicle(EV) group in the area, and he reached out asking for people who wanted to be in their section of the parade. I jumped at the chance, and he was thrilled because I’m the only one with a Tesla Model 3 who responded.

Now I was in California last week at the end of the week going through an interview/presentation that might take me out to the Bay Area, but more on that later.

Now I thought to myself that I really wanted the car to have some graphics, and show my love for the community.

I called back to the guys who did a protective film on the car, and they put me in touch with what I now know are the best group of individuals to do the job.

I told them what I was looking for, they sent me some samples, and I made the choice.

They are located in Cincinnati which is about a 2 hour drive for me. So I put in a request for yesterday off, and started my drive up there. On my drive, I thought that what I wanted may not be enough... so I called and asked for more. Not only did they oblige, but they still had everything ready to go when I got there, AND they didn’t charge me any extra.

Now I never, ever, I mean never have been a person who would ever want graphics on my car. But they did a damn good job.

Now I should mention it was 90+ degrees and sunny yesterday, so even though my friends were egging me on to wear my skirt and boots, it was just too hot and I love being comfortable! I did however oblige with my boyfriend roll up shorts and Converse wedges!

What do you all think of the graphics?

4D2B693B-DA00-4F9E-B505-D80D01F913EF.jpeg

61A4BF46-FD53-432C-8435-15859F22EDDA.jpeg

• Like 2

It looks magnificent. Is it basically permanent? If it left for any period of time I would think it would leave an impression on the car. May be that was your intention. Not doubt you're supportive! Thanks for posting the photo. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

It looks magnificent. Is it basically permanent? If it left for any period of time I would think it would leave an impression on the car. May be that was your intention. Not doubt you're supportive! Thanks for posting the photo. HappyinHeels

It is what I call semi-permanent. The graphics are actually installed on top of a clear protective wrap that’s installed on the car. So none of it is actually directly on paint.

I wanted to be supportive of my fellow EV friends but also show support for my local LGBTQ community. I realize there can be a stereotype that wearing heels insinuates that I am gay, but I feel my wife and I do a good job of proving that point to be incorrect.

Besides, there were some queens that donned higher heels and walked better than I ever could!

• Like 1