Heels to the beach

Mitsysun1400

Hi guys, something I saw today got me thinking....has anyone here ever worn heels on a beach? Was out walking the dog with my girlfriend today and there was a girl walking with a guy and she was in stiletto pumps about 4 inches, I just thought why?!  She was just walking along treating them as flats, I know I have stood in a beach before in Cuban heels and even then you could sense how easily they sunk in, anyone experienced this? :fine:

I live just a few blocks from the Monterey Bay.  I have worn my mules to a beach but take them off on the sand. And I think  I might have worn them on the beach too.

• Like 1

The other day I was at a battle re-enactment (Wars of the Roses) not far north of London. In the middle of a grassy fied. One woman was wearing stiletto heel (about 4") ankle boots. Not ideal for the conditions. At least it was dry and the ground fairly firm but she was still sinking in. At least she was a visitor, not one of the re-enactors.

Many of the people at the event were in medieval style clothes, including guys in thigh high boots, some very nicely made and fitted. Not high heeled though.

I've only worn wedge sandals to the beach and even then only a few times. The sand furthest from the water is always loose and deep but within 15 feet of the tide is where it is firm. Eventually though it seems inevitable you'll end up carrying them over your shoulder as I've seen many women do. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Half the fun of being on the beach is being barefoot in the sand. 

17 minutes ago, at9 said:

The other day I was at a battle re-enactment (Wars of the Roses) not far north of London. In the middle of a grassy fied. One woman was wearing stiletto heel (about 4") ankle boots. Not ideal for the conditions. At least it was dry and the ground fairly firm but she was still sinking in. At least she was a visitor, not one of the re-enactors.

Many of the people at the event were in medieval style clothes, including guys in thigh high boots, some very nicely made and fitted. Not high heeled though.

People forget that thigh boots were once quite masculine and were widely worn, filling a useful function for riding. In the 20th century when cars took over the roads and the streets were paved and no longer muddy, tall boots had no practical function and fell out of fashion.   It was only during the 1960s when a fashion designer decided to use though boots to add theatricality to his outfits that they became firmly (and apparently irrevocably) feminine. 

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Why on earth would anyone wear high heels to the beach?

If you don't live by the beach you will never understand the "why" or the "how".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

If you don't live by the beach you will never understand the "why" or the "how".

But I do live by the seaside! And no, I just don’t understand why on Earth anyone would wear heels on the beach!

Edited by Shyheels

There's a difference between "to the beach" and "on the beach". This thread is "to the beach".

I wear my heals to the beach and take them off on the beach. And yes I have been known to carry them by two fingers.  Sometimes I might put them on for a photo shot in the sand, but you have to stand on your toes...lol.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

But I do live on the seaside! And no, I just don’t understand why on Earth anyone would wear heels on the beach!

But you live in the UK where weeks of sunshine is hard to come by.

Edited by Cali

1 hour ago, Cali said:

There's a difference between "to the beach" and "on the beach". This thread is "to the beach".

I wear my heals to the beach and take them off on the beach. And yes I have been known to carry them by two fingers.  Sometimes I might put them on for a photo shot in the sand, but you have to stand on your toes...lol.

But you live in the UK where weeks of sunshine is hard to come by.

That has nothing to do with how popular or crowded the beaches are. On a fine summer day they are packed, and the promenades are bustling. I won’t say I’ve never seen anyone in heels strolling the promenade, but I sure can’t recall any.

And anyway I’m Australian and our weeks, months and years of sunshine make California look like a damp squib.

Edited by Shyheels

His first sentence sent me in the wrong direction Cali as he did ask about "on a beach".

We likely all worn them to the beach, not really much of a topic if that was the intent. 

I typically walk “on” the water - ha ha - and hey, watch the CA comments....   At least  up here the water goes down the drain the proper way....  ha ha....    have fun, smile.....  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 months later...

Anne has worn heeled boots on the beach before or even when we go for a walk. Sometimes she has an old pair that might be worn out and they are heading for the bin so why not have some fun before they go! 

• Like 5

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, bambam said:

I work on Santa Monica beach, it happens all the time. Just posing, it's LA.

Was just on the pier last week, should have looked for you!

3 hours ago, Anne and John said:

Anne has worn heeled boots on the beach before or even when we go for a walk. Sometimes she has an old pair that might be worn out and they are heading for the bin so why not have some fun before they go! 

Sounds like fun for sure

Shyheels,

Whilst Australia admittedly is the sunniest continent there is wide variation in the total sunshine as there is in California. The truth is this: while the driest populated place is Arica, Chile with an effective annual rainfall of zero there is is virtually nowhere in the world as hot in summer or as sunny on an annual basis as Death Valley National Park in SE California. The adjacent areas of Palm Springs, Blythe and the Imperial Valley also have more than 3500 hours of sunshine per year. The coast of California is deceptive as the cold current holds down water temperatures and can produce weeks of fog in the months of June and July. So much so that residents of Los Angeles call it the "June Gloom". Once you get away from the coast the amount of sunshine skyrockets just as it does as one moves toward the centre of Australia. I once read in a meteorological magazine that Death Valley was the only known place in the world to have regularly recorded nighttime temperatures above 100F/38C. That is insane to imagine and even more amazing to witness. But what can you say about a state where the highest point in the state (and lower 48 states is less than 100 miles/160 km from the lowest point on the North American continent at -282 ft/ -86m below sea level. An amazing place with extremes in temperature and wide variation in total sunshine. I will, however, say I think Australia has some of the most lethal and exotic animals and insects on Earth. The crocodiles are, of course, legendary. HappyinHeels

Whilst here in OZ we have plenty of nasty crawly bitey stingy things, and a fair percentage of the most venomous things around.

The big salt water crocs are amazing to see and up close they scare the absolute beejesus out of me, however dont forget the drop bears, which are legendary.....

Regards

James

Marble Bar, in Western Australia, a remote town that I have been to, holds the world record for most consecutive days with temperatures over 100F - 160 days during the summer of 1923-24. When I was there the temperature was 47C or about 117F

On a nicer extreme, and returning to the beach, there is a Ninety Mile Beach in the northwest of Western Australia - nothing but white sands and azure seas for ninety miles. I have stood there and been the only human being on it for at least fifty of those miles and probably it’s whole length. An experience one is unlikely to have in California.

Edited by Shyheels

• 3 weeks later...

The Jackalopes that roam the western US are bad enough, I can’t even imagine having to deal with drop bears. 

Be careful.    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"