Guess Carrie Pumps

Highheeldude

I'm looking for new Guess "Carrie" pumps in colors other than black, red, royal blue and beige that we already have. I saw a navy blue on ebay. I know they were offered in a multitude of colors. Are there any other sellers you're aware of that ship internationally?

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like this shoe.  While I love classic shaped pumps, there's just something about these that doesn't look right to me.  I know everyone else loves them however!

I used to have a couple of pairs of Carrie pumps.

I like the low cut on the arch - it looked really nice on my foot.

They weren't too expensive and were in a range of colours for years in Farmers department stores throughout NZ

I have quite a few of them. Unbelievable how many colors and even patterns these were produced in. The ultra low cut vamps is extremely sexy, made the heels appear to be much higher than they really were. My only slight apprehension was the toe box seemed a bit too long and would wear quickly.

Never kick a pair of these out of bed though, so sexy to look at. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 12:06 AM, Lime15 said:

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like this shoe.  While I love classic shaped pumps, there's just something about these that doesn't look right to me.  I know everyone else loves them however!

Whilst the modern trend is (alas) for stiletto heels to be placed close to the back of the shoe, it is interesting to see that the opposite applies to these 'Carrie' courts.   The heel looks as though it is positioned closer to the front of the shoe than what I would regard as the traditional 'mid' position, and is rather reminiscent of many mid-50s stiletto-heeled shoes when they were still somewhat novel.   Whether that makes for greater or lesser comfort in walking I do not know, but it does upset the look somewhat.

The Carrie is a very comfortable shoe. A reasonable height heel, not too high for all day and a very flattering cut to the shoe so its looks great on your feet.

They are good to wear. The aesthetics are a personal thing - i like them - but each to their own.

I respect your opinion, and wearing experience, NZ.   You (and others) have commented elsewhere that a 'rear-positioned' heel is less easy to wear and most of the shoes you are pictured in seem to have the heel in the conventional mid-position under the wearer's heel - which to my mind also gives the most balanced appearance.   So, are you of the opinion that the more forward placing of the Carrie heel has no effect (or at least no adverse effect) on wearability?

I agree with NZ, they are easy on my legs walking. The heel is so much easier than the back position straight heels. My only issue with them is the slightly extended vamp, the toe tips tend to drag a bit and as such wear out quickly. However the design originated when elongated toes were still popular.