Looking for non skirt/non skinny-jean bottom

bambam

I am looking for pants that I can wear with heels, pumps, sandals, booties, whatever, without needing to go for the skirt, and without super tight pants. As much as I love the look of skinny jeans, I want something a little more comfortable to wear regularly without cramming myself into tight pants, while maintaining a look that is more fashionable. Any ideas? I'm pretty skinny, but not model skinny...

• Like 1

Bambam

Dear I say it - the skirt is universally the most flattering garment for any ones legs - especially just on the knee length.

There is a skirt shape to suit all body types, and the shoe choices with a skirt far outweigh any pants/trouser shoe pairing options.

If you really don't want a skinny leg trouser/pant and you want high heel options then a skirt is the only choice.

A skirt has lovely simple lines and is very comfortable and easy to wear and style.

Plenty of women's dress pants available. Loose fit, pleated waist line. With the proper styled leg they go well with pumps. Women's regular cut jeans, men's Docker style pants. Help us out with what you are looking for!

I think to wear a trouser/pant leg with most high heels you will want a cut finishing above the ankle and fitted from the knee - slim leg - but I thought that a fitted pant was what you wanted to avoid hence I suggested skirts as most sensible.

A skirt is still the most versatile, however a  fitted leg ending above the ankles will work with most high heels !

Looser fitted leg and a longer leg hem below the ankle will limit shoe options quite a bit.

Me thinks nz has stock in a skirt factory.

I'm a full time heel wearer. My legs aren't designed for slim or skinny jeans. I like boot cut jeans (517's), pants, and women's stretch jeans. I wish (1) they made these with front pockets or (2) they make men's jeans out of this material.

Skirts/dresses are not something I gonna wear to work. But I do wear my shorts (some very short) with my heels; even with my knee boots.

• Like 1

bambam,

I have a few women's style pants with the band name "rafaela" which I bought at, of all places, Sam's Club or the members' only arm of Walmart. Looser at the bottom but nicely fitted at the waist these type of pants work well with pumps or dress sandals. Not a skirt and not a tight-fitting jean, is this the type of article you sought? HappyinHeels

nz, I would love to do the skirt thing eventually, but I haven't quite figured out how to deal with my biology yet, and I'm still having trouble with hair management. Turns out I'm a traditional Jew in that sense; wiry hair, pale skin. I'm looking more for slightly baggy pants or capris that look good that I can wear on stage at a gig, and perhaps in photoshoots as well. Skinny jeans really do work best with heels, but are brutal to give rock shows in, and also to just wear around... And the male anatomy makes it difficult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bambam said:

nz, I would love to do the skirt thing eventually, but I haven't quite figured out how to deal with my biology yet, and I'm still having trouble with hair management. Turns out I'm a traditional Jew in that sense; wiry hair, pale skin. I'm looking more for slightly baggy pants or capris that look good that I can wear on stage at a gig, and perhaps in photoshoots as well. Skinny jeans really do work best with heels, but are brutal to give rock shows in, and also to just wear around... And the male anatomy makes it difficult.

There are men's skinny jeans, you know. Topman makes them. I have several pair. They are quite nice. 

I have a pair of pants from Volcom that I like to wear with boots. With pumps I e got a pair of Levi’s 510, but I’m trying to find a better option.

5AD45B20-D024-4358-AC83-A417C8E65C52.jpeg

98D33F0D-01A3-46DD-91D7-312CAAEC0594.jpeg

• Like 3

(formerly known as "JimC")

That's my variant of the look

IMG_20180611_114719.jpg

IMG_20180611_113420.jpg

These high heel boots are a men's model in 45D (Men's width) and it goes well with all types of jeans and pants. If someone here needs boots like that, let me know I'll share a link to the store where I bought them.

• Like 2