What would be the best for a flight

Pierre1961

I always have to take off my Heels at security, so I tend to wear ankle boots, rather than knee boots, apart from that, it also depends on length of flight and comfort of footwear, as your feet swell up to half a size on a flight. 

I tend to only do shorter flights, either 30-40 mins up to 90 mins, so not to bad

Lastly, most airports are big commercial spaces and Ive found they all tend to like the hard polished floors which can be very slippery for a stiletto

Whichever you choose, good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Regards

James

I mostly fly across islands here in NZ - so 1hr 30 or 1hr 55 are my longest regular flights.

I always wear a skirt and pumps - because I can slip them off and stretch my feet during flight. I will also wear stockings because they are a little like compression stockings - although no where near as firm I think...

As far as airports go - yes they have hard surface floors - but no worse than any mall and stilettos give me no trouble.

Stilettos are more of a nuisance if they use stairs on a plane rather than airbridge - at the top flat bit where the holes are in the grids... got to walk on tippy toes to prevent heel damage.

I would say if you're used to stilettos - wear a stiletto - its no big deal at an airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, all four outfits look great, but my vote is for #3, love the leather jacket and the killer stiletto boots...

But, the block heeled boots are probably best to get around the airport in...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pierre1961 said:

That’s exactly what I also think 

and what I will do 

thanks a lot 

Have a great time, everyone else will have the best flight ever seeing you buddy!

I few large cargo aircraft for a living for 10 years.  No heels allowed on the flight deck. :-(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not to sound like a spoil sport, I love heels - especially sandals.  But, call me paranoid - whenever I fly, I always wear a sturdy type of shoe, preferably a tennis shoe, for emergency purposes.  Should it become necessary to evacuate the aircraft, escaping (running) in a pair of heels or sandals could mean the difference between serious injury or much worse.  During the enroute phase, I change to something more comfortable but during take off and landing it's closed toe shoes ON.  When I am boarding a flight I take note of all the folks wearing sandals and think to myself, I can run / escape much faster than they can.  I guess I have read too many aviation accident reports - bad for the psyche.   

The wife - much less paranoid than me - ha ha, travels in sandals regularly.  

On arrival at the destination, the tennis shoes come off, are put deep in the suitcase, and the heeled sandals come on...  Maybe that's why I enjoy driving - much simpler - and I can wear heels all the time.  

All this coming from a determined, life long wearer of high heels !!  Almost blasphemous....   Have fun all....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF aren't you worried (paranoid) that you could get in an accident while driving and need to get out of the car fast and escape in your heels?

With the heels Pierre has on he can escape easily.

I haven't even thought about having an accident ! Maybe because I fly quite often.And my son is a professional pilot  

So,better not to have such ideas in our mind  

And honestly said,if it would happen the chances we could survive are so tiny! Also,pretty sure that if we had any chance to escape no matter the shoes we wear.Just run! Or we may have time to take them off? I can't tell you.Because never happened to me or to any still alive relative  

Now back to the main subject: I worn my Cuban Oxford ( 14cms) all day and no trouble at all. I still have them on as having a beer in the hotel bar at present while I am writing  

For the room I have brought a pair of 16cms court shoes. I am just worried about the noise they make on the floor. That wouldn't be fair to   

disturb the people on the floor below. 

SF,

While all of the evidence points to a flight being the safest way to go a great distance based upon billions of kilometres travelled the fact is in the unlikely event YOUR plane goes down the rate of fatality is so high your choice of shoe becomes a moot point. Unless the guy flying the plane has a nametag saying "SULLENBERGER" your odds of surviving a commercial plane crash are less than winning a Powerball Jackpot. Don't let that deter you from your next flight, I certainly don't. Just calling it as I see it. 8) HappyinHeels 

So true. You have a far, far better chance of being killed on your drive to the airport than you have of ever dying in a plane crash. It can happen, of course, and does happen, and while it is unfortunate for those individuals to whom this ultra-long shot comes home, the chances of it happening to any one person are vanishingly small. And as noted above, if things do go sour and your plane goes down mid-Atlantic or hits a mountain or whatever, you're not walking away no matter what you're wearing on your feet.   

That said, as far as high heels go - I would much rather be wearing something in which I can outpace everyone else in getting to customs and immigration and beat the queues. Crashes rarely happen - queues always do.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Thanks 1

Back home now. It was a total succes . No broken heel! 

Here are some pics inside the plane and hotel elevator. 

No bad comment. Some men gazed at me for sure. I am getting more and more at ease. Walking isn't the problem,I feel totally confident in these shoes . They are very easy to handle mm

I still can sometimes have the same  negative feeling  I had when I was a kid and very shy. At the age of 12/13 it was impossible for me to walk in front of people on a station platform. I had to find a way behind them! 

Of course this is over for a long time now. But wearing heels in public has reminded me my  teen period. 

Is heel wearing also a mental therapy? Or the last level before a total self confidence. I guess it is. 

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

• Like 2