A strange idea about the ridicule of men in heels

Gudulitooo

Well it seems that women have picked looks and items in the mens section for ages. And mostly womens fashion designers. Pants, jumpsuits, leggings, suits, brogues, shirts, boyfriend jeans and the like. That may mean women have tried to resemble men since the feminist move (and before).

The underlying idea : men are showing the way to go.

Men wanting to wear womenswear is "ridiculous" because men already wore this items before and already decided to stop. So they would have to aknowledge they were wrong stopping....

I think men just get painted into a corner, or rather allow themselves to be painted into a corner. If an item of clothing, a look or colour, becomes feminised because it’s been adopted by women, men as a group become afraid to go near it fearing that to do so would jeopardise their masculinity. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I think men just get painted into a corner, or rather allow themselves to be painted into a corner. If an item of clothing, a look or colour, becomes feminised because it’s been adopted by women, men as a group become afraid to go near it fearing that to do so would jeopardise their masculinity. 

Yep - and a very large portion of the male population reinforce this on each other, and the wives help. Keeps us out of the women's closets.

Kinda screwed ourselves - - !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

If you don't like it, change it. I buy what fits the best, I don't really care about the label. Be a leader not a lemming.

I actually have in a quiet way. Most of my non-work jeans are from the other aisle, along with a few boots I wear often. It appears most don't have a clue. My daughter figured out the jeans, and the boots, but if I keep it tame, it goes unnoticed.

Now skinny jeans and wedge sandals ?? Lets just say I would be relocating from these parts as mine and my wife's jobs would surely be in jeopardy.

Local village has a population of about 2300 give or take. Three family reuniouns covers 90% of the population, and most claim familial ties to the historical Hatfields and McCoys . Heavy on the Trumpster bandwagon. - - - - - Does this give you a mental picture??

• Like 2

There was a line of ladies shoes available at Payless a few years back entitled: MENSWEAR.  

Go figure why rgwy did not have a line in the male selection called the opposite.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Yes there is abundant freedom for women to borrow from the menswear section, something that is playfully encouraged by the makers of jeans, shirts and (occasionally) shoes, but society does not extend the same freedom to men. The rule of reciprocity does not seem to apply - nor do men as a whole seek to change anything in that regard. They may wish it, but the herd mentality rules. Nobody wishes to break ranks and jeopardise their masculinity. Women for the most part seem just as keen to enforce these mores. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Nobody wishes to break ranks and jeopardise their masculinity. 

I think those of us that break ranks show more masculinity. It takes guts the members of the herd don't have. And are we are freer as well.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

Until the average male quits trying to be so macho, to the point that anything that is not macho offends him we will continue to deal with the lack of acceptance. I see so may guys that when the term gay is mentioned I fear they are going to hurl their lunch and roll around on the floor like one of the three stooges. 

20 hours ago, Pumped said:

Until the average male quits trying to be so macho, to the point that anything that is not macho offends him we will continue to deal with the lack of acceptance. I see so may guys that when the term gay is mentioned I fear they are going to hurl their lunch and roll around on the floor like one of the three stooges. 

That sounds pretty accurate

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 12:27 AM, Cali said:

Be a leader not a lemming.

Exactly what I thought men will want to do.

But when you follow what women do, in which category do you fall ?

So men wearing heels, maybe. But not picking the heels from women. That would be a double mistake.

They would want to lead the way to a new thing (and surely slowly evolve to an tangent curve to women's, but not completely superposed. Their own).

Yes, there were heels and platforms - mainly platforms as I recall, or at least in my pocket of the Seventies. There was a brief flowering of fashion tolerance and experimentation, but it didn’t last and was replaced by the slick Wall Street machismo of the Eighties. 

I had a pair of what might be called shoetis with a 3 inch heel. Liberated from my first Ex-wife, I don't know how I fit them but I did. Wore them into the 90's when they wore out. I had some wild shirts too.

I also had a pair of shoes with a 2 inch platform - wave of rubber

In the 70s I had a pair of men's ark brown 4" block heel round toe platform mules, which were too wide on me. I have a narrow foot and a men's D width is way too wide. I wore those mules but they weren't particularly comfortable. I also had a pair of block heel sandals with about a 2 or 2.5 inch square stacked heel and square toe. I liked them a lot. I also bought a 4" heeled wedge sandal, but I took them back as they had a thick platform and the center of gravity was too treacherous to wear safely. I also had a pair of men's brown dress loafers with a 3" block heel, which I wore to my wedding in 1974. I liked the high heel fashion of that time as I thought it was cool to wear heels like the gals were wearing, but unfortunately it died out and has never returned. It's long overdue for a re-run. (no photos, sorry)

Steve

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 10:46 AM, Shyheels said:

In the early Seventies I had quite a collection of paisley shirts and Jesus shirts and plenty of flares.

Had a mother that liked plaid flared pants and a grandmother that liked patterned / flowered / paisley shirts - - - I added rainbow suspenders to it just because.

Rest of my fellow student were into jeans and tie die - - 

I looked like a nerdy sportscaster for years - - King of clash - - - But I wore underslung western cowboy boots with actual HEELS for years. Not the short boring kinds they make for men now.

JR Ewing was not riding horses or working as a cowboy, despite the hat and extremely expensive boots - flashy ones which one wouldn’t wear except for show. His boots (and hat)  were pure theatre.

Edited by Shyheels

• 2 weeks later...

Just walked down Olympic here in LA in these during rush hour. People literally stopped in traffic and stared, and three women stopped and merged over to get a better look. It can't be this hard guys, its just so hypocritical...image.thumb.png.30f4976c27897150eeb3b0141b46bd65.png

• Like 3

Were you doing anything else? Are you, like, seven feet-six without heels?Were you wearing a ball gown? Or naked except for the boots?  I can't imagine that those boots creating such a stir. That's bizarre.

Edited by Shyheels

15 hours ago, bambam said:

Just walked down Olympic here in LA in these during rush hour. People literally stopped in traffic and stared, and three women stopped and merged over to get a better look. It can't be this hard guys, its just so hypocritical...image.thumb.png.30f4976c27897150eeb3b0141b46bd65.png

You look amazing Bam Bam!  Those jeans are a great choice and the booties fit perfectly also....

Sure wish I was with you, GREAT outing for sure...