New member!

Hello all! I’m Nick, 31 married male from Nebraska, USA! I love to wear all women’s footwear and women’s leather, but in the closet, never ventured out. My wife found some old pictures of me dressing from my bachelor days about a year and a half ago, she was very upset and confused, which led me to purge everything I owned. I still have some pictures, which I might share later, but purged everything else, 4 pairs of boots, 4-5 pairs of heels, keds, Nike frees, 4 pairs leather gloves....sad I know, but at the time that was my best solution. I thought if I got rid of everything I wouldn’t go back.....WRONG! I miss it so much! Love the way women’s clothing and shoes make me feel! 

Well enough of my rambling! Hope to get to know you all soon! 

• Like 3

Welcome.  Your story is identical to 98% of the male members of our community. According to best gathered statistics, your effort on quitting is futile. As much as you might want to give it up,  you might never be able to stop. Our pages are filled with comments posted by men with this problem.  There are many solutions on how to handle this condition so you might want to search back through our archives where you’ll find some timely and helpful advice on “living” with this desire as well as suggestions on how you might deal with your wife and children.  There is no one “fix it” solution.  Much depends on the attitude of the others involved.  So, take your time and analyze the comments thoroughly.  Learn the “do’s and don’ts.  And,  perhaps the experiences related will give you some idea of how to live with this desire without being miserable.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

leatherlover,

Welcome to our forum. Can't say I remember seeing anyone from Nebraska here. I was just there a few days ago as I returned from points further west. I managed to meet two of our members, one in CA, and one in IA, so it is possible with some planning. What Bubba136, the Sage of South Carolina, says about purging only to find out one cannot escape the desire to wear the heels is quite true with the majority of our members. Some women are quite upset at a man's foray into the aisle but pay no attention to their own forays into the men's aisle. I would tell you it is supremely hard to suppress a part of your identity something you have carried forth since childhood. No serious medical professional is going to say a man wearing a high heel shoe is a threat to society any more than a woman wearing a flannel shirt and baseball cap is such a threat. Each one of us has had to analyze our own situation and very many of us know the art of compromise. You're in the right place for conversation and advice. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Wow! I feel so welcomed to this amazing forum! Hope to get to know everyone soon! 

Bubba136, thanks for that advice! I’ll have to dig into those topics! 

Happyinheels, if you don’t mind me asking, where in Nebraska were you? 

Welcome, @loverleather

Indeed, as the others have said, your story is common around here. We purge, because it feels wrong. As the others have said, you might choose to accept and embrace the love of heels and then feel more positive about it and then be able to reach out and explain to those around you. This isn't always the case... you may still not feel fully accepted, even in your own mind... so do some thinking - what's right for others isn't always right for you :fine:

Edited by jeremy1986

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2018 at 5:38 PM, Bubba136 said:

Welcome.  Your story is identical to 98% of the male members of our community. According to best gathered statistics, your effort on quitting is futile. As much as you might want to give it up,  you might never be able to stop. Our pages are filled with comments posted by men with this problem.  There are many solutions on how to handle this condition so you might want to search back through our archives where you’ll find some timely and helpful advice on “living” with this desire as well as suggestions on how you might deal with your wife and children.  There is no one “fix it” solution.  Much depends on the attitude of the others involved.  So, take your time and analyze the comments thoroughly.  Learn the “do’s and don’ts.  And,  perhaps the experiences related will give you some idea of how to live with this desire without being miserable.

That’s so true.