Do you feel short without your heels?

nzfreestyler

On a bicycle you would have to use old fashioned quill pedals - the kind of pedal I favour anyway. I never went in for the modern clipless pedals. Quill pedals have slightly corrugated surfaces for better grip but they would not not damage a sole. The range of motion would indeed keep your ankle at something like a high heeled position. The only worry would be having the heel shift over and getting caught in the chain or front derailleur mechanism.

I would think if one wanted to look elegant in heels on a bicycle, one would go with a classic bicycle - a lugged steel tourer or a mixte or a Pashley style.

As you say, two wheels moves the soul. 

Edited by Shyheels

Yes, indeed you also have to be mindful you are wearing heels. 

I do not want to hijack this off topic anymore but @Shyheels got me thinking and googled stilettos and bicycle and put a new thought in my head. I pictured myself riding wearing thigh high stilleto boots and a tenis mini skirt and lacoste polo, I can just imagine how different it would feel specially going 100mph+ and the skirt lifts, lol. Of course it is no wise nor advisable to ride without proper riding gear, which I never do. But I got a warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach thinking about it, you kinda like in anticipation. 

Although the style and looks of some of the guys here wearing dresses and skirts with high heels is amazing I never pictured myself wearing that. My style is just regular man jeans a little bit longer not completely hiding the heel nor shoe, just a tiny bit below the ankle 1.5" or so. With style I mean how I wear at home I have never had a proper outing in high heels yet, however I will make it happen soon, still thinking about it being in San Francisco or Las Vegas. 

One stiletto step at a time 

Sorry again for ranting off topic 

Hey @nzfreestyler first I want to praise how much I admire your confidence wearing heels and all those dresses, skirts and everything you post here. Ou have amazing style and amazing taste in heels.

I am far from even a real outing in heels which I hope I can do soon enough. 

Since I had never thought before yesterday about skirts and eeen less skirts on a motorcycle I don't know much about it. However on a motorcycle the skirts I think on could wear would blow up, you would need very loose skirts you have to open and lift your leg to straddle it and once on you need to be free to move without any hindrance you constantly change and adjust your butt and position on the set according to how you are riding, speed, corner, etc... So a skirt "rigid" enough (sorry I don't know the terminology) so it doesn't blow up would be very impractical almost impossible IMHO. And in my case it would be even worse being so short, not being able to put my feet down on the bike just my tippy toes, and barely, I can't imagine how I would even get on it with and skirt unlike a tenis skirt or maybe pee that stretches a lot and always returns to its original shape. I might be wrong. 

Edited by heelguypa
Typo

I think you might be bucking evolution there - at least the evolution of fashion. It was the great cycling craze of the 1890s and early 20th century that did so much to liberate women from their long dresses and skirts, and started a fashion for bloomers and pantaloons. Cycling was changing the world and women took it up  in huge numbers. They needed, and demanded through force of numbers, practical clothing for cycling and straddling a bicycle.