Do you feel short without your heels?

nzfreestyler

Do you folks feel genuinely short if you aren't wearing heels?

I'm curious if its just me that feels this way - I doubt so. I just find it weird and my perspective is such that the relativity of everyone else is now taller than normal - its a funny awkward feeling.

I also then feel like I've forgotten to wear something else important - like I'm missing a belt etc...Its all incomplete. I also feel like I haven't made an effort.

Perhaps I'm a little cracked in the head?

• Like 1

Hmm! An interesting question. At six foot two in my bare feet, I'm already tall enough, yet, when given the option to wear my flat sandals now that the weather has finally warmed up in these parts, I've opted for heels instead on my last few outings as I've looked better in them. Perhaps it's a psychological thing. Heh!

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

2 hours ago, heretic_666 said:

Indeed, since i'm 5'6. Most men are taller than me and lots of women too.

My height is indeed one of the reason why I like to wear heels! :)

I'm with you buddy!

• Like 1

I was in Belgrade a few years ago where there are a lot of tall people and one evening in Kalemegdan Park, I found myself standing beside three generations of extraordinarily tall Serbs. The old man was about 6’9”, his wife a good 6’3” without her heels - and about 6’6” in them. Their daughter was an inch or two taller than her mother (she also wore heels) and she had her very young son with her, a toddler now but who no doubt is destined for the NBA one day. I felt like a little kid beside them all.

• Like 1

I am5’ 6” tall.  Not really tall but not short either.  For me, it is just the feeling of wearing high heels, beside their style and appearance, that appeal to me.  I truly love to wear them.

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm 5'9" (shrink an inch in old age) and I notice a difference with some shoes, specially those over 5, 6 inches.  I nicknamed a pair my "refrigerator heels" because I can see and clean the top of the refrigerator when I have them on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2018 at 9:11 AM, pebblesf said:

I'm with you buddy!

I second that notion.  I just love heels!  But I also love the added height being shorter than most.

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 1

Hi @nzfreestyler

Although I dont feel short per se, at 5'11 and a bit im sligthly taller than average, but I do notice like you that i feel shorter when i take the heels off, it probably just a what your used to thing. You wear heels for a few hours and you take them off and your perspective changes, like moving from a low slung sports car to a high riding van.

• Like 1

Regards

James

Hello:

I feel and I am short without heels, lol. I have always been the shortest guy amongst my friends, and counting girls one the shortest. I am 5'4.

First of all I like heels because of how they look how they feel and how they make me feel, making me taller is just a plus, I didn't give that major thought about it when I realized I liked heels. However Great side effect. lol. I just wish I could wear them everyday everywhere.

Being short I have developed techniques and gotten used to riding motorcycles on my tippy toes, most real motorcycles (meaning anything over 600 cc for sport bikes or 900cc for cruisers) there is just one that I can almost flat foot with both feet on the ground, the Ducati Diavel, most others including my Harley Sporster Iron 883 I barely touch both toe tips at once, and most just one side. Now I am riding a Kawasaki Z900, naked sportbike and can barely touch both toes at the same time. And on my motocross bike it is even worse, lol, Sitting down centered and in the correct position I have over a foot between the ground and my toe even wearing the riding boots, which incidentally are a size too big because they don;t make them any smaller in adult sizes, I would have to wear youth sizes but they are not the same not as rigid and don;t provide as much protection because the smaller bikes youths ride. But I manage to ride ok being so light and narrow. Just an anecdote and something that caused laughing amongst my friends for months, a while back a friend was riding his dads Eletcra Glide (huge 900 pound Harley) with very big apes (ape hangers, a handlebar that is very high) in this case it was above my head, even being low and having ridden a similar bike before because of the apes I wasn't able to stand it from the side stand, I just did not have enough leverage because of my short stature, and everybody was laughing, maybe that is why they asked me to try it? I cannot ride most Sport Adventure bikes, they are just too tall and wide with too high a center of gravity for me to be conformable (KTM Adventure 1190 and  BMW GS1200 with lower seat are maybe the only exceptions). I have ridden a couple of times on high heels, a pair of 4.5" round toe stiletto with no platform leather booties my girlfriend has, usually around 3am just for a quick ride wearing them as a thrill. I know it is not safe I know it is not wise but I simply love it. Regular square or block real motorcycle heels don't really do it for me, yes they serve their purpose and I can ride with both feet more stably planted on the ground, but I don't like them their are not sexy, their are not cool. The stilettos on the motorcycle help me better put the foot down, even with the stiletto it is more stable that just tippy toes, but you have to be really careful when putting the shoe on the peg and shifting and getting it of the peg, you have to think ahead and in case of an emergency I don't think they would be very helpful to regain control or avoid injury, so i will keep my riding with them on very few occasions and when there is almost no traffic at all, removing accident variables. Also they have be cheap boots, lol, you will them riding specially the left one when shifting, and the Einstein on both because of peg. Those booties are not suitable for daily wear anymore, she was mad, lol

I know most of my rant is not about heels, but wanted to share a little insight on us shorter guys. Motorcycles being the real only issue it have being short, everything else I never even give it  a second thought, most of my girlfriends were at least as  tall as me without heels, most were a little taller, and a couple a lot taller, lol. when they wear heels they tower above me, lol

My current girlfriend the first and only that knows my love for heels and fully supports is almost 5'7, she pushes me to get really comfortable on 5" heels saying jokingly that at least then I could look like the boy in the relationship, that is until someone looks at my feet, lol. She never cared about me being shorter it has never been an issue with her and with most of my girlfriends, some were a little self conscious about it, but me I never cared.

But in the end, my height is a non issue, but yes I love how heels make me feel, make look (including taller), how they look, how they look on me, hoe they make me walk, how they are a challenge to conquer and master. But my height has never been an issue with or without heels.

• Like 3

While I am only 5' 8.5" or 174 cm tall so a 5.5" or 13 cm heel would only take me to 6'2" or 187 cm tall the main reason is NOT for increased height. Rather, as others have said, it is just the love of the high heel as an expression of my identity. As another member I recently had the pleasure of meeting simply said " I just love wearing high heels." No long-winded explanation but but you're a man or any of that crap. I am what I am and I wear the shoes I wear. They are not women's shoes or sandals or pumps or boots. They are, by virtue of their placement on my feet, my footwear. Make the world accept you on your terms and the world becomes a much easier place to navigate. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I wear heels because I love the styles and how I feel wearing high heels. I like the posture change and the way my feet look etc. I do feel under dressed without heels - kind of as though I forgot to wear a belt or a hat or something important to how I wanted to be dressed. Flat shoes just make me feel not right. So I hardly ever wear flat shoes.  Si suspect that is where I get the feelings of being short from - its peculiar looking at your friends shoulders or at their chin when you used to more equal in height.... its just a funny feeling.

I think a lot of people (men and women) are concerned about being too tall in high heels - it doesn't matter - (unless you have to duck for doorways perhaps) - everyone should just enjoy their heels.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 3:31 AM, nzfreestyler said:

Do you folks feel genuinely short if you aren't wearing heels?

I know I do! After wearing heels for some time now, when I take them off and walk in flats or bare feet, I feel shorter. 95% of my heels are 4" or more so the difference is pretty big when I switch from heels to flats.

• Like 1

Heels bring a special different feeling as I stand and stride.  I am already 6' 1" in stocking feet but enjoy the feeling of the extra height.  Most of my heels are around 4 inches with a few 5" thrown in for good measure.  Those have become more difficult to enjoy as my years advanced past 60 but the 4 are still manageable.  Yes, I do feel shorter after having worn them for several hours.

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 months later...

I am on the short side at 5' 5", or 165 cm. It has taken me years to not feel awkward about my height in heels. Even though I'm not, I feel super tall in heels. It's the one thing I don't really care for when I'm wearing heels. I guess I spent 40+ years feeling comfortable being one height, and suddenly I was 3+ inches taller. Weird, I know, but it's my true perception.

• Like 1

The average 4" high heel will only raise me about 2.5", while 6" high heels will possibly raise me to a little over 2.8". It doesn't seem to be much of a gain just looking at the height increase on a tape measure, but this distance makes my world seem better in heels. When in heels, I have less of a problem reaching things on the top shelves of the kitchen upper cabinets. Without heels, its a bit more of a moments inconvenience. I also notice once in a while, the difference perspectives in heights when standing at kitchen counters or in front of the bathroom mirror. In stiletto heels with platforms, the height difference increases the thickness of the platform. So 1.5" platforms will raise me around 4.3" taller than being barefooted when wearing 7.5" platformed stiletto pumps. I have noticed that most platformed heels have the equivalency of 4" high heels plus the platform thickness, which kind of annoys me, because in my mind platforms shouldn't be used until after the maximum heel height limit of the wearer has been reached or the heel height is already in the extreme sloping range for the size of the footwear. In the larger than average size footwear, the 4" equivalent height has more of a mid high heel sloping than a high heel.   

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, heelguypa said:

Hello:

I feel and I am short without heels, lol. I have always been the shortest guy amongst my friends, and counting girls one the shortest. I am 5'4.

First of all I like heels because of how they look how they feel and how they make me feel, making me taller is just a plus, I didn't give that major thought about it when I realized I liked heels. However Great side effect. lol. I just wish I could wear them everyday everywhere.

Being short I have developed techniques and gotten used to riding motorcycles on my tippy toes, most real motorcycles (meaning anything over 600 cc for sport bikes or 900cc for cruisers) there is just one that I can almost flat foot with both feet on the ground, the Ducati Diavel, most others including my Harley Sporster Iron 883 I barely touch both toe tips at once, and most just one side. Now I am riding a Kawasaki Z900, naked sportbike and can barely touch both toes at the same time. And on my motocross bike it is even worse, lol, Sitting down centered and in the correct position I have over a foot between the ground and my toe even wearing the riding boots, which incidentally are a size too big because they don;t make them any smaller in adult sizes, I would have to wear youth sizes but they are not the same not as rigid and don;t provide as much protection because the smaller bikes youths ride. But I manage to ride ok being so light and narrow. Just an anecdote and something that caused laughing amongst my friends for months, a while back a friend was riding his dads Eletcra Glide (huge 900 pound Harley) with very big apes (ape hangers, a handlebar that is very high) in this case it was above my head, even being low and having ridden a similar bike before because of the apes I wasn't able to stand it from the side stand, I just did not have enough leverage because of my short stature, and everybody was laughing, maybe that is why they asked me to try it? I cannot ride most Sport Adventure bikes, they are just too tall and wide with too high a center of gravity for me to be conformable (KTM Adventure 1190 and  BMW GS1200 with lower seat are maybe the only exceptions). I have ridden a couple of times on high heels, a pair of 4.5" round toe stiletto with no platform leather booties my girlfriend has, usually around 3am just for a quick ride wearing them as a thrill. I know it is not safe I know it is not wise but I simply love it. Regular square or block real motorcycle heels don't really do it for me, yes they serve their purpose and I can ride with both feet more stably planted on the ground, but I don't like them their are not sexy, their are not cool. The stilettos on the motorcycle help me better put the foot down, even with the stiletto it is more stable that just tippy toes, but you have to be really careful when putting the shoe on the peg and shifting and getting it of the peg, you have to think ahead and in case of an emergency I don't think they would be very helpful to regain control or avoid injury, so i will keep my riding with them on very few occasions and when there is almost no traffic at all, removing accident variables. Also they have be cheap boots, lol, you will them riding specially the left one when shifting, and the Einstein on both because of peg. Those booties are not suitable for daily wear anymore, she was mad, lol

I know most of my rant is not about heels, but wanted to share a little insight on us shorter guys. Motorcycles being the real only issue it have being short, everything else I never even give it  a second thought, most of my girlfriends were at least as  tall as me without heels, most were a little taller, and a couple a lot taller, lol. when they wear heels they tower above me, lol

My current girlfriend the first and only that knows my love for heels and fully supports is almost 5'7, she pushes me to get really comfortable on 5" heels saying jokingly that at least then I could look like the boy in the relationship, that is until someone looks at my feet, lol. She never cared about me being shorter it has never been an issue with her and with most of my girlfriends, some were a little self conscious about it, but me I never cared.

But in the end, my height is a non issue, but yes I love how heels make me feel, make look (including taller), how they look, how they look on me, hoe they make me walk, how they are a challenge to conquer and master. But my height has never been an issue with or without heels.

Yeah buddy!  Wearing killer heels while riding a sport bike is a powerful look indeed....Extreme masculinity combined with powerful femininity.  I love driving my 5 speed car in boots, but wish I had a bike so I could enjoy a ride in great boots and leather....Would love to see some pictures...

20 hours ago, Rockpup said:

I’ve never felt short without heels, but they came in handy when I repainted my first place, as they let me trim the top of the wall without a ladder.

862C3DF6-16B0-4C92-9624-110214B5765A.jpeg

A great way to enjoy painting for sure!

• Like 1

@pebblesf You should try it, it is an amazing feeling. I ave driven with pump and sandals and love it as well.

however if you want to try and ride a motorcycle, first you should get very very comfortable riding a motorcycle until all usual actions are muscle memory, shifting, braking, the clutch, etc... Becua when wearing heels you have to be really mindful about your movements, for instance when stopping instead of just putting your feet down you have to consciously think you are wearing heels and first move your feet sideways until the heel clears the pegs then put your feet down, it is a completely different riding experience, but first you should be very experience riding the "regular way".

To add to the feeling short topic, I have always been "bullied", it is in quotes because it has never affected me, or made me feel bad you bullied me I bullied back stronger, it is just a matter of attitude. If you look for my name in my closest friends phones I am under E for "Enano" (Dwarf in Spanish) I just laugh about it and almost everybody in that group has some kind of "bullying" nickname, we just grew up confident and knowing we are not perfect and knowing how to fail unlike modern snowflakes...

@Rockpup Great boots, are those ballet boots? they kinda look like it, well any "help" is welcome...

@Shyheels Thank you, those are 2 subjects I am very passionate about. And love them. Ant questions, please shoot...

I am a cyclist myself - a very different thing obviously - but there is something wonderfully free and easy and open about seeing the world on two wheels. I can well understand the passion for motorcycles, and can readily see their beauty and magic. And I can also readily understand the powerful yin-and-yang combination of bikes and heels. 

For me a bicycle was a way to see the world for free, or almost. 

I have seen women riding bicycles in London quite gracefully in stiletto heels but they were Dutch bikes with chain guards, which one would want if one was to ride in heels. 

Edited by Shyheels

You certainly are right, remember: 4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul. 

I would certainly try riding a bicycle in stilletos, however they would have to be a pair I didn't care about. The arch gets ruined in the motorcycle and you feet are just hanging of the peg and rotating a little bit on it to shift and for the rear brake. Shifting also ruins the instep, ask me how I know and how I got chewed for it by my ex girlfriend, they became just riding boots after the first ride.

On a bicycle my guess is the soles would get ruined since you applying force to the pedals but you can wear pumps and even sandals you are not limited to boots as you are in a motorcycle. Also since you use the ball of your feet specially when trying to ride fast, and thinking about it, the movement your feet and ankle make, kinda makes you put your feet in a high heel position if you get my drift. So I don't think it would be very unnatural. Thanks for putting the thought in my head. 

Anyhow both feel sexy, are sexy, also powerful and confident.