leggings skinny jeans adventures and reactions unfairly labeled.

MackyHeels

Mackyheels,

I read all of this exhausting account and have concluded you have spent entirely too much time watching reactions of various people to the point it is eroding your unique form of fashion creativity. You did not enter into your particular style so it can be approved or disapproved by random people most of whom you will never see again.  It is not a Canadian thing either. As the son of a Quebec-raised father I know Canada to be one of the most thoughtful and respected nations on Earth. I know this empirically in Canada as well as having travelled to 29 countries so far. I'll repeat here what I've said before. Your money is just as legal and welcome to the retail outlet as those with narrow minds, filthy mouths, and those content to live a checkbox life. Your confidence must be the force which rises above all such bogeymen, or women, who would hurl insults your way.  You can follow Bubba136 and relegate all this to oblivion as you take the stance none of it matters. You could follow Cali who says you should "kill them with kindness". You could follow my advice by understanding to your core that you should live your life by your terms and make the world meet you on those terms.  The confidence you exude each day will tell the world you are resolute and undeterred. HappyinHeels

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Mackyheels,

I read all of this exhausting account and have concluded you have spent entirely too much time watching reactions of various people to the point it is eroding your unique form of fashion creativity. You did not enter into your particular style so it can be approved or disapproved by random people most of whom you will never see again.  It is not a Canadian thing either. As the son of a Quebec-raised father I know Canada to be one of the most thoughtful and respected nations on Earth. I know this empirically in Canada as well as having travelled to 29 countries so far. I'll repeat here what I've said before. Your money is just as legal and welcome to the retail outlet as those with narrow minds, filthy mouths, and those content to live a checkbox life. Your confidence must be the force which rises above all such bogeymen, or women, who would hurl insults your way.  You can follow Bubba136 and relegate all this to oblivion as you take the stance none of it matters. You could follow Cali who says you should "kill them with kindness". You could follow my advice by understanding to your core that you should live your life by your terms and make the world meet you on those terms.  The confidence you exude each day will tell the world you are resolute and undeterred. HappyinHeels

Thank everyone for there reply and well meaning advice.

To respond to few statements Cali i understand and love the experience you described when wearing heels. Do find it incredible finding third woman enjoying and comfortable seeing many other males in heels. The woman staring immediately at your heels reminds me recently at costco wearing my denim cut off short shorts. She walked stared upon me take on my outfit and laser like tunnel vision glared upon my tanned  recently tan silky smooth thighs. Felt like saying the same line to her like them too. Although feel it's sort of quirky outburst many don't have time to respond or care about only makes us feel engaged with others being social and light hearted.

Like you i too kill them with kindness when i figure anything i would say goes on deaf ears. My experience was overhearing this gal yelling at her boyfriend in the gym. While everyone minded there business  i was intrigued why she was so angry listening in from a distance. Little did i know the anger was about me and my outfit she was venting to her boyfriend. After she calmed down she and me began to walk passed each other in opposite directions. Thought i should be prepared to for some physical assault or verbal abuse. So me being a prick, i decided to smile upon her as though i was pleased to meet her. Thought to say something sarcastic like you look lovely today but i doubt i could do it without breaking my stoic expression. As we were shoulder to shoulder she yelped FREAK! i thought to myself, that's it!... That's the best thing she could come up with. Thought she might of shoulder bumped me or aggressively belittled my appearance. 

So when someone says be friendly sometimes that doesn't work well.  People don't want anything to do with me because of my clothes i wear not my disposition. Just being friendly smiling saying hello often makes me feel like phoney with people i already know don't like my outfits and appearance. Rather not encourage them, there  thinking i'm clueless of  past disapproval comments laughing behind my back. Yet i'm aware of it and don't appreciate there way of thinking thus keeping clear of there checkbox life. On the other hand your nice to me and don't ignore the 600 LBS gorilla in the room being my outfit and are okay with it not complimentary but cool  then by all means befriend them. 

What matters to me is reactions i enjoy the open mouth wow envious stares some give me. So i'm always on the lookout for such reactions but sometimes few just respond as predicted snarky smiles, chuckles etc.. Just the other day wore my super tight crop white distressed skinny jeans with white baseball curved hem linen  t-shirt with grey half sleeveed accessorized with black leather sneakers. Once arrived receptionist didn't react to much as they seen me regularly except not this white outfit. While in the lobby i was lined up for parking credition. While nothing was out of the ordinary the receptionist was puckering her lips from outright  laughing the other female associate seen her began to chuckle all the while turning away from me.  Was standing inline knowing previous discussion before i arrived had nothing to do with there amused state nor anyone doing or saying out to make them laugh. So my assumption they both knew what i was wearing skinny white jeans  making it funny to notice. 

While biggest gaffs i made today was leaving the hospital visiting my verbally abusive dieing dad feeding and shaving him. Was planning to buy some new leggings at brand yoga boutique i often seen wearing. While traffic parking was bad i just decided to go to the mall near my gym. Big mistake! When at the mall walking into the boutique i walked in the female section seen fairly pretty SA alone almost none in the store. She looked upon me as though she knew me well that's the vibe i gotten. Maybe she recognized me buying woman leggings at the store before and she remembered. She said hello looking for something new? Odd question almost as she knew i was buying it for myself. I told her the style colour she began to search in the selves but wasn't aware asking what colour.. So i showed her my Iphone X from the website  telling her exactly what i wanted. She pulled out the correct size without asking and said what size? I replied four. She handed me them thinking to myself , nothing to it right? Wrong! She looked me in the eye saying, YOU KNOW WE GO TO THE SAME GYM? I SEE YOU ALL THE TIME! I about dropped my jaw on the floor, trying to hide my shock, covering it with intriguing smile asking her, "what time do you go?". That's the best i could come up with my brain in fog feeling so exposed. She replied back telling me after her shift finishes she goes to the gym directly.. Telling me the time.. I back away nodding  with wide phoney smile heading to the cashier so frozen in anxiety for whatever reason felt like running out the store dropping the leggings at her feet. Sounds funny i laughed on my drive all the way home  tears in my eyes from the stores experience.

Just don't know why i felt the way i did to the SA who basically busted me in the store observing i wear leggings all the time in the gym. At the gym wearing my leggings i feel comfortable at ease, normal not ounce of fear in fact very confident. Now that i seen the SA who so happens to visit my gym at the same time i'm there, really turns me for a loop messes my thinking. In fact i will feel less at ease knowing she may come in seeing me for some weird reason even talk about me to other females at the store or gym. Shaking my head not being able to get over the SA helping me purchase the leggings i'm about to be wearing for the gym. In reality i never seem to recollect the fairly attractive SA observing her in the gym, seeing she has generic plain Jane appearance, even slightly thick body but attractive enough.

Trying to remember SA at my gym from the past drives me crazy having fairly faint dull memory of her and a boyfriend talking about me about my outfit. Overheard some woman saying she works at the Yoga Boutique brand style leggings i wear to her boyfriend one time. At the time didn't think much of it only it was people putting judgement on my style and mentally noting NEVER GO SHOPPING AT THE MALL located near the gym. You never know who maybe working there that may also be a gym member. DUH! how stupid i must be. 

Lot of you may say so what what's the big deal? I too would think that if someone else had that shopping experience. Suppose you got to be in my shoes  or leggings to feel the embarrassment or anxiety i feel wearing my outfit again. Really shock me up not in good way but odd way i never thought would happen.

Edited by MackyHeels

You are over thinking this.  If she is a good SA, then she will say hi to you at the gym. She's looking for a future sale. And knowing her product she probable recognize the brand of legging you have worn to the gym.  It's just normal.

I returned some pants I had order to a outlet store (free return), wrong length. I had already re-order the correct size online.  While the sale associate was doing the transaction I saw a pair of short shorts at 50% off and grab myself a pair in size 10. After the return was done I purchased the shorts.  The SA didn't question me that they were women's, so I questioned her why she didn't. Her reply:  you returned a women's size 10, I thought you knew they were women's without me telling you.  She also said they have many men who purchase the women's version because they fit better, AND they have women who come in and purchase the men's version for themselves because they fit better.

So you'll most likely not the first man that bought leggings from her, and you are not the last man to either.

• Like 3

Just look for the good and tune out anything else. It is probably not about you anyway. Hard truth - nobody really cares what you are wearing, either through jealousy or hate,  and over analysis, assumptions, and attempts at mind reading will only stress you out. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Whole funny part of the Yoga leggings purchase at the store was i couldn't recognize the SA. Even after the confrontation at the store if she was in a police lineup now them telling me to choose the SA and gym member i have no clue what she looks like specifically. Maybe its  my selective memory shutting off,  no interest in her, or how her semi attractive bland generic features looks like.

So next visit to the gym even if SA walks by me on the stairs chatting with her boyfriend saying hello i doubt i would recognize her again. In fact trying to remember some vague memory about some strange chunky semi-attractive gal saying hello in passing walking down a flight of stairs. At the time didn't recognize who it was maybe caught me by surprise only reacting to it  late nodding as half ass greeting.  Now i'm thinking back  it maybe the SA after all, trying to be polite noticing me on earlier occasions on the gym floor or purchasing in her store wearing the brand leggings she has a job selling to woman exclusively.

Lot of things come to mind how stupid i must appear to her. From the odd way i dress in woman yoga leggings in public gym to begin with. To my clueless recognition of her in general could be insulting from her perspective. Add to the awkward moment in the store  leaving  in silly unpolite manner. Luckily i left her quickly because next thought in my mind was to tell her in joking manner, "that gives me warning to stay away, hours you visit the gym". Felt it might come out wrong or be interpreted in offensive way. In fact might consider changing my hours in the gym because i may run into her making future encounter all to awkward. 

Still nags me the feelings i have about the leggings purchase with SA. Do believe i'm making far far far far to much about nothing. Yet feel exposed as  some here may relate in analogy to some degree like being voyuered nude. Again not problem for me being seen with little clothes on since i'm nudist.  So ask myself why this SA drama gets me so frazzled?

Doesn't even cover encounter of an dorky male in locker room spoke to be.  He recognized me from three years ago at the gym, while i didn't recognize at all..  Saying to me  "you were my inspiration, you use to have  huge traps, telling himself wanting to look exactly like this guy" . "Don't know what happened to you, are you busy coming into the gym,  busy at work? I sat perplexed muttering to myself, "use to look, huh (with slight chuckle in my tone)" He commented, Yah! "Guess it's old age catching up to me".Then another response after long pause, " So tell me what happened to you achieving your goal trying to look like me?, with slight satisfied smirk and chuckle". As he stood getting dressed wearing only a towel noticing his body little under developed to say the least. He later said before leaving, can't believe i had the courage to talk to you,  see you again, bye!

Couldn't believe the gull of this dorky kid giving me a back handed compliment. Made me paranoid looking back from some selfies on my IG account not noticing any difference to my physique years ago in fact i appear slightly more muscular and better then before. Just laughed telling other guys of the encounter about this thoughtless dude. 

Edited by MackyHeels

Time to collect all of these thoughts and paragraphs into one collection, wrap them in shipping paper and forward them to a prominent publisher or, as an alternative, to a university’s mind analysis department.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mackyheels,

There's two ideas for you. If you keep writing these lengthy adventures I will be convinced you are actually an undiscovered soap opera writer. Really though there is so much detail here you should think about getting published somewhere. "What's the Skinny on the Skinny Jean Guy" could become a hit somewhere beyond the gym. :fine: HappyinHeels

Yes, I have been thinking the same thing. These are quite well written and well conceived as works of fiction. Living these thoughts yourself is probably not the best for your peace of mind, but as works of fiction you probably have something here.

11 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Time to collect all of these thoughts and paragraphs into one collection, wrap them in shipping paper and forward them to a prominent publisher or, as an alternative, to a university’s mind analysis department. 

Or left them on the side of your way, and don't think about it.

See The Legend of Bagger Vance

I am trying to digest this. You wear "women's" leggings to the gym, you run into someone that goes to the same gym, and it is a problem? If it were me, I would assume I would get "busted" sooner or later and be somewhat prepared for it. What were you going to do if your boss starts using the same gum, or the guy that lives next door, or some guy you play ball with....

4 hours ago, Pumped said:

I am trying to digest this. You wear "women's" leggings to the gym, you run into someone that goes to the same gym, and it is a problem? If it were me, I would assume I would get "busted" sooner or later and be somewhat prepared for it. What were you going to do if your boss starts using the same gum, or the guy that lives next door, or some guy you play ball with....

Just replying because you asked otherwise many just ignore my rant.

Your busted assumption is correct having anxiety everyday thinking will this be the day so and so notices my leggings. While back noticed this new blonde gal which i believed looked exactly like a co-worker which i never talk to being she laughs at my outfits at work. While many months went on this gal only resembled my co-worker, exercising out side by side with me ignoring her intrigue. To my shock she started a job at my workplace.. So my gym life became open book always observing my other male co-workers maybe listening to the gossip about my gym outfits.   Only the ladies found out about my gym gear and the female co-worker began to chat me up saying you go to the same gym as me. Little did i know she had agenda as so many female co-workers had of me also with the news. Suffice to say it became frenzy  with the gym female talking out of school describing my bulge in leggings so obviously seen, many  enjoyed observing as some other co-workers overheard. Little did i know the gossip of me was girls only news. Even overheard other females and males being gym members recognizing me at work. In fact it was all good some describing me to others was positive only about my entire physique bordering on lust which many listening found  amusing. 

So this busted news of me in leggings ain't news. Even seen by female co-worker on the nude beach yet she kept it to herself or i think she did.

What bothers me is the SA at the store could make my life a bit more difficult. The yoga boutique has generous return policy for there clothes as long there not worn. While the SA gal in the gym notices that when i return items to the store she already seen me wear before. My worry is she could deny me returns noticing i take full advantage with the return policy. Added to the news she may gossip with other SA flagging my returns and purchases at any store. Also many females are envious of my yoga apparel at the gym. If they overhear gossip from SA that he buys and returns clothes makes me look little less impressive even bit of a joke. 

Those who even care..

Today i wore nice decent outfit to the gym was on the lookout for the SA didn't see her. Noticed few woman looking me over in good way bit of smile on there faces all reactions pointing liking my leggings or entire outfit. While my leggings are older not returnable my tank top was new and beginning to grow on me loving the colour now deciding not to return it.  The top is little more dull pinkish in colour as pictures doesn't show below.

Very feminine colour knew from the slight subtle head turns onto me some woman really liked what i was wearing. Maybe not a male type of style or colour they pick for boyfriend or husband to be wearing but females themselves would surely enjoy having it on. Only know from experience wearing such pinkish colour gets woman's attention and envy follows. Felt the vibe that one asian cutie eyeballing me more then regularly does. This is outfit and style she be wearing. We made eye contact and i knew she wanted to say something but her jealous boyfriend doesn't allow her to chat with likes of me. Maybe i'm assuming to much about the asian cutie in her sexy legging outfit observing me. We both had noticeable tans from the weekend maybe she just noticed my darker skin tone on white seal grey tulip cut hem 7/8 leggings.

LW1AZBS_033142_4?$image_carousel-lg$LW1AZBS_033142_3?$image_carousel-lg$

Here is prospected another outfit i'm considering wearing . If anyone cares to know.. Soon as it becomes available heading to the store or another one the SA doesn't work in. Forgot to add that my IG account has selfies of my gym clothes often hashtag to the store itself. Sure few SA in other stores out of my gym location find me familiar in odd way. Lets face it maybe 90% of the time cashier or SA at the yoga store believes i'm buying the leggings or outfits for girlfriend, mom a gift for someone.  While others just assume he looks like a guy wears female leggings and tops. Once i decided to buy a LS female top at the yoga boutique. The SA asked what particular item? I pointed one out on display, She smirked upon me saying the PINK ONE! with slight smug chuckle as she knew i would be wearing it. Nonetheless she got the size and i cashed out never seeing her again. So too the SA that i'm so freaked upon won't be working at the store for long. Often jobs in retail are very short in lifespan for SA leading to higher paid work elsewhere.

LW5BACS_033046_1?$gsr-pdt-qrtr-lg$

Edited by MackyHeels

Frankly I don't see either of those outfits exactly shocking anybody or rocking city hall if one wore them to the gym. I just don't see the problem, or why you should continually find yourself in these maelstroms. A lot of guys wear pink - hell, the Giro d'Italia just finished this past weekend - that's a grand tour cycling race, the Italian equivalent of the Tour de France but considerably tougher - and the winner there gets a pink jersey. Nobody's whispering, muttering or rolling their eyes. The winning sprinter get a purple jersey - again no eye-rolling or murmuring.  

As far as bulges in the tights go - simple: buy a larger size or ones with a different cut. Wandering around with a bulge in your tights is just not a good look. 

On 5/27/2018 at 4:51 AM, MackyHeels said:

While biggest gaffs i made today was leaving the hospital visiting my verbally abusive dieing dad feeding and shaving him. Was planning to buy some new leggings at brand yoga boutique i often seen wearing. While traffic parking was bad i just decided to go to the mall near my gym. Big mistake! When at the mall walking into the boutique i walked in the female section seen fairly pretty SA alone almost none in the store. She looked upon me as though she knew me well that's the vibe i gotten. Maybe she recognized me buying woman leggings at the store before and she remembered. She said hello looking for something new? Odd question almost as she knew i was buying it for myself. I told her the style colour she began to search in the selves but wasn't aware asking what colour.. So i showed her my Iphone X from the website  telling her exactly what i wanted. She pulled out the correct size without asking and said what size? I replied four. She handed me them thinking to myself , nothing to it right? Wrong! She looked me in the eye saying, YOU KNOW WE GO TO THE SAME GYM? I SEE YOU ALL THE TIME! I about dropped my jaw on the floor, trying to hide my shock, covering it with intriguing smile asking her, "what time do you go?". That's the best i could come up with my brain in fog feeling so exposed. She replied back telling me after her shift finishes she goes to the gym directly.. Telling me the time.. I back away nodding  with wide phoney smile heading to the cashier so frozen in anxiety for whatever reason felt like running out the store dropping the leggings at her feet. Sounds funny i laughed on my drive all the way home  tears in my eyes from the stores experience.

And... you are not deaded are you ?

Not many understand my feelings about SA. To give you analogy some here might understand.

Those who are married and have older adult kids. Imagine having your cache of sex toys been uncovered by your daughter. Then she admits Dad I know of the toys you and mom use i’ve Seen them. Even the harness for you mom wears....  Gulp....  When the dad tries to think of excuse to deny the harness is used on him. The daughter admits seeing mom wear it time or two. 

Pink jersey for cycling is tradition. Added to the fact everyone is dressed in spandex in the sport isn’t news. When i’m In the gym that kind of works the same, many females are dressed in spandex also. Yet most of not all men don’t wear spandex tights or the way I do. Brings more attention and reactions for me. Some I enjoy very much others I could do without. 

However someone reacts towards me is out of my control. Yet I wear what I enjoy and show off what I got. Some say it’s not a good look, but I believe differently. Like some said to me and to others if I looked like him, what he’s got  I too would walk around like that. 

Edited by MackyHeels

It seems it had to be said.

When he understands Macky will feel much much better.

For many people clothes are not related to sex, they are just the way you protect yourself from the cold wind.

Macky, you return clothing you have worn to the gym? Unless it is defective I have a problem with that! IMO, returns are for unworn, or defective clothing. Once you get it sweaty, it is yours!

I know a gal that bought a dress for prom. She was able to tuck in the tags so they would go unnoticed. Wore the dress to the prom and returned it. I felt it was a crappy thing to do.

• Like 1

I too have heard of people doing that with prom dresses - very trashy. And yes, I agree with you, returning clothes that have been worn to the gym, unless demonstrably defective, is simply not on. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 11:52 AM, Gudulitooo said:

It seems it had to be said.

When he understands Macky will feel much much better.

For many people clothes are not related to sex, they are just the way you protect yourself from the cold wind.

True. Sometimes when one track minded woman stare upon me I get distinct feeling there only interested in my bulge and fit body when wearing revealing outfits. 

My feelings towards the polite nice SA that  visits my gym came off as uncaring or incomplete from her perspective. Lot thoughts roll through my mind when wearing provocative clothing including yoga leggings in public. Although I feel confident wearing them in public or the gym to be exact. Often there is thoughts how woman perceived how I look. Sometimes it’s obvious what woman react upon or comment to others about my revealing style of feminine clothing. While other times woman compare themselves towards me revealing flaunting there bodies. 

Recently a couple were at the gym. Female slender wearing camo leggings only she had plump backside. As I was exercising in provactive backside body position the female was observing me. As I was resting between sets seen her adjust her leggings in the back with her hand making a chopping or cutting position towards her butt crack. Wedging her leggings into her backside so her butt cheeks would spread out more. While I let out a slight chuckle upon her observing her doing it she noticed. She gave me a confused stare as what’s wrong with it. Seeing I had myself a buttock wedgie after my exercise standing in my leggings.  Only difference I found unlike her wedging the leggings in her buttocks contouring cheeks being more pronounced was intentional. My question is why? Only answer is to become more sexual in your appearance. 

Had to admit she looked lovely. Have to confess on rare occasions sometimes I go to the bathroom hiking up my leggings to show off my glutes as well. Only once I hiked my waistband and pulled the Lycra material on my legs up in public. Seen a female give me that yuk! sneering expression. 

While I am exhibitionist in nature. Thoughts of the cute SA at the store didn’t insist on me trying on the leggings I was purchasing. Or ask me to try different styles that I normally seen wearing. Sort of playing dress up, at the store fully aware I enjoy wearing woman’s yoga clothes. In fact long time ago I did that at different store and different SA. While changing into different leggings she asked me how they looked.. Let me finish by saying the SA eyes were focused on my bulge rather then how they looked on my legs.

Here is picture of me months ago. Had on different outfit yesterday which better countours my backside and shape better, being softer pantyhose opaque like fabric. These leggings shown below more thicker and harsher polyester/ nylon flattens me in more not showing off curves like with the experience of the camo leggings wedgie gal. 

FA4C169A-AA9E-4F52-80FA-C3F547389F64.jpeg

Edited by MackyHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrities in sock heel boots with leggings and tight tops. 

Kim and Kylie 

someone is wearing the wrong colour purse...

little shocking to observe yet wonder what the reactions were from people on the street. 

Yet if I or any male wearing that most people would smirk upon the tight style.

Yet in the gym outfit like that I wear daily without anyone commenting or saying a word. Of course less the sock Heels. 

First time of my many years being only male wearing tight outfit like Kylie and Kim are wearing. Seen a tall lean black athletic male wear in all black in the gym. Nobody said a word to either of us but I of course got few more stares from the ladies, envious of the colour I had on. 

4008FCA9-E2B9-42EE-A18A-0C102A3B63D0.jpeg

ADDAA7AA-354E-4D5A-8FD2-5B56E1A3FA35.jpeg

3A09D478-82FB-416A-BCE4-9C711A611AD5.jpeg

Edited by MackyHeels