Are we addicted?

jeremy1986

Old cars, motorcycles, vintage airplanes, hand build bicycles...we seem to be people with a lot of stylish interests

Perhaps addicted to life and self expression...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

sex, drugs, rock and roll, and old Volkswagens....   flashback to the 60's.....  far out...    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Interesting discussion. I see both sides....  but I  think this makes sense - .

16 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I think passion is being confused with addiction. An addict wouldn’t care what happens with family or finances or who gets hurt, the compulsion is too strong. There is no control. Someone who take a deep and intelligent interest in something, whether the something is fashion, bicycle frames, or model aircraft is an entirely different sort of person.

Whether the need to wear high heels is from taste, want, passion, obsession, fetish, or addiction, the level of need was increased because of not being able to satisfy the desire. There are many men and women who have quite a quantity of heels within their wardrobe selections. Had high heels been a choice for only the very rich, there would have been more women being perceived and labeled with the same increased degrees of need as the males choosing to wear heels have been perceived .

Edited by Histiletto

I wouldn't say men are exactly noted for their need to wear heels. There may well be many out there who do feel a secret need/wish.desire to do so, but men as a whole are not noted for it. If they were the whole narrative about heel wearing would be vastly different.

Edited by Shyheels

I am addicted to high heels. I wear them all the time. I will always choose a heel over a flat - always. I don't care where or what - it will be in heels. The only exception is sports and I don't wear heels at home - or at least no heels of significant height.

I know my shoe addiction is selfish and I'm lucky that I can afford to buy the shoes that I do. My passion for high heels doesn't detract much from my life - I don't think it would be good to allow your life to become governed by clandestine stuff to do with heels. Sure I might take 10 mins longer to get around each day than I would do in flats, and yes if I see new shoes in shop windows I will go and try them on - and I do go trotting in to a store I see some gorgeous shoes in - in the hope that I will like the look of them on - and they will have them in stock in my size... And I must admit I will also take a detour past my favourite shoe stores (and clothes stores) on purpose so I can see what is new. So I am addicted to the fashion side of things.

Other than that I don't care - if its not hurting anyone close to me, and better still not hurting anyone at all then there is absolutely no harm in carrying on.

For me too - there is the competition side of it - which is what goes to the addiction too - I don't like being out-heeled when I'm in town. I respect being out-heeled by another heel wearer (always a woman - yet to be out-heeled in the real by a guy!? can't wait for that day!) - when I am beaten I make notes and strive to make a better job of my own presentation - and shoe styles etc...

I have a reputation to uphold now for wearing heels - its part of persona and my image - so it is competitive, and the shoes are addictive so.... its like a little self fuelling whirlwind.

On a side note - many years ago I stepped down out of tall heels after a full day (it was just before Xmas/New Year!) and I damaged my plantar fatia in my left foot. Long story short I was out of heels for nearly 18 months to ensure a full recovery and during that time my enthusiasm for high heels diminished - because I wasn't wearing any. I became used to being drab again.

So at least I know if I need to I can quit - without any dire consequences - so in that sense I know a shoe addiction isn't harmful or anything to worry about. Life will go on! Just be grateful we can have our addiction!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kneehighs said:

Not addicted to heels.  Not addicted to anything to be honest.  

I have 5 pairs of 4

I think I'm kind of similar.

I'd have 5 to  power of 4 pairs of heels..... does that make it ok too?

ha! talking nonsense again! Worst thing is there's some truth to my nonsense!

7 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

"I'm not addicted, I can stop whenever I want" :biggrin:

If I'm addicted to heels, then I'm addicted to pants and shirts. I have a variety of all three and about similar numbers of each.

These are the clothes I wear, why shouldn't I have sufficient variety?

hahahaha ! If it is so easy to get rid of your heels then do so . I would be willing to bet you could not last a year . Who is willing to take the challenge (not me) ? My bet would be the first time you saw a pair of heels you like in your size you would purchase them . Let me guess the excuses 1 ) I like them for fashion reasons . 2 ) I don't have to prove anything . 3) I feel more confident in them . and the list goes on and on . Sure enough we can word this as passion , addiction or even a fetish , at the end of the day we all love to wear heels . Then again does this really matter why I call wearing heels an addiction ? The word addiction seems to have been taken out of context , why ? I notice some have been beating my opinion down over this and again I ask why ? If you all would prefer me not answer or post then by all means send me a message and I will be happy to keep my opinion to myself . fair enough ?

A "like, interest, fascination, addiction" they are just descriptions or "labels". These days there are too many labels for people and their actions. If we people worried less about labeling people or their actions then there might be more tolerence in this world. Lets look at it this way..."that guy likes heels, he shows great confidence wearing them, "good for him", he shows diversity and individuality. If heel collecting has to be labeled then I see it as an "interest". No different then the fellow who has an interest in fast cars. He might have one and spend a lot of money modifying and customizing. As long as its an activity that brings satisfaction and is not harmful...what does it matter how it is "labeled" Only my opinion. And opinions are like elbows....everyone has one.

• Like 1

Gidday maninpumps,

go for it! I'm all for an intellectual challenge Although I have already admitted I am addicted  - so I have stolen part of your thunder in that regard. However a good thoughtful and philosophical debate never hurt anyone (in my limited opinion) so go for it - don't stop - the challenges you portray are part of healthy and honest debate.!!!

Edited by nzfreestyler
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 3:51 AM, nzfreestyler said:

That would mean 625 pairs of heels, wouldn't it?  More power to ya!  Me . . . I presently have 11 pairs, one of which I'm about to sell because they don't fit quite right.  

As far as being addicted or not . . . I would say I have a proclivity toward wearing heels, and/or liking the way they look on me, that I've only really discovered in the last year or so.  And my whole current collection only ran me about $225 total (I purged 10-15 pairs previously when I thought I had to be status quo and do "what's expected" . . . FYI, if you ever feel the need to purge some, sell them, don't just throw them away.  You'll most likely feel pretty bad about wasting the money later when you come to your senses.)

I wouldn't see myself as being addicted at this point, but even if I was, so what?  It contributes to making me happy and to being comfortable with myself and it hurts noone.   I do a lot of online/thrift store shopping where I don't buy anything, and when I do most are very reasonably priced . . . most expensive ones I have cost me $50. I have plenty of time spent while not in heels as well so I don't feel the need to do it all the time, but whenever I feel like it, it's nice to know they are there. 

All of this being said, given unlimited resources and sufficient space, would my closet end up looking more like this?I

sh.thumb.jpg.7812345947792f52dd89c6bec73b98fe.jpg

Absolutely!

Edited by TKHeels
  • Like 1

English is not my native language.if addicted has the same meaning it has in French and I think it has,then I would consider we are addicted if to stop or decrease doing something causes a sort of mental désorder.

i personally did it for smoking: total success 

never tried for heels! Not able to imagine doing that  

And I don't care at all being addicted to heels or not.If it would be  Alcohol ,that would worry me much more 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Gidday maninpumps,

go for it! I'm all for an intellectual challenge Although I have already admitted I am addicted  - so I have stolen part of your thunder in that regard. However a good thoughtful and philosophical debate never hurt anyone (in my limited opinion) so go for it - don't stop - the challenges you portray are part of healthy and honest debate.!!!

Thank's , I believe you see where I am coming from with my opinion . My intention was not to argue but rather make some think about the word addiction . That word is not always associated with drugs or alcohol , it can be with things /actions that one gets from joy or happiness . High heels give me happiness , It's that simple . I am happy you have shared in my thunder because you understand .   

Edited by maninpumps
  • Thanks 1

I responded I was addicted previously but have since decided to make a count of my inventory. I'm down 24 pair from my last count but don't worry I'll still be considered addicted. 340 pair, shoes and boots. I change heels 2 to 3 times daily so I wear about 200 of them consistently. My goal is to get to that number, but it's taking some time. I'm not just giving them away so eBay has been making coin off me. Admittedly for every 2 I sell I buy a pair, oh well I love my high heels and I wear them. Went to the home depot Saturday with purple 4.75 inch hologram stilettos and ankle length blue jeans, then stopped at about ten yard sales on the way home. All very obvious and somewhat flamboyant, no comments.  Did buy 2 pair of shoes at one sale. Lots of fun.

• Like 2

Hello all!

I am addicted to the high heels boots, I love to see a woman walk with good boots, only her walk makes me feel good. I think they are one of the sexiest objects you can find and get maximum sensuality. Before all the boots seemed fantastic. Every time my level of demand grows (I imagine that observing every detail makes me pay attention to the errors and advantages)
These are the last boots that I bought from my wife. She allows me to buy her new boots every time but sometimes she gets angry.
I'm willing to do this so she can put on her new boots.

These boots are my latest acquisition. I love them because they do not have seams and they have a very clean and elegant design.
I hope you like and can discuss more models of boots among all

I leave the link where you buy

https://charlotte-luxury.com/sadira-black

Regards

SADIRA-2-1200X1200.jpg

SADIRA-1200X1200.jpg