Boots platforms peep toes or wedges

luvheelsmuch

You should start by answering your own question. 

Myself, order in preference, all narrow heels 4.5 inch to 5.25 inch rise. Meaning if platformed, heel minus platform. 

Classic single sole pumps

T-bar pumps, sinlge sole. 

Mary Jane's single sole 

Slings, single sole

Ankle boots, single soles 

Mid calf to just under the knees, single soles 

All above, same order with 1 inch or less platforms. 

Open toes, just not for me.

Sandles, never really liked the fit of thin straps.

I agree with @Jkrenzer - always start the ball rolling yourself! 
My first love was always boot, I think... stiletto classic style. But I have evolved... and I really like wedges now, and even platforms too. Pumps and sandals are good too! 
My ideal height is probably 4-5", though I have a few wedge sandals that are higher (they have a platform).

Edited by jeremy1986

YES

It depends on the season, late fall-winter=early spring mostly boots and booties, rarely will I wear open toe. I need at 3.75 inch rise between toe and heel and have some that go up to a 5 inch rise. 

Late-spring to early fall its open toe high heel sandals and the occasional boot. Love to mess with people's minds when I wear my calf high boots with short shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.  Love platforms, wedges, and block heels. Love showing off my painted toenails.

I'm on my feet for 12 hours a day, so I rarely wear stilettos. And I have never found a pump my toe tendons can live with, so NO pumps

Edited by Cali

Boots, booties, pumps, mary janes, and ballet flats in the winter, depending on the temperature and how much snow is on the ground, and usually with a broader (as opposed to stiletto) heel.

Mostly sandals but sometimes flats, mary janes, and occasionally pumps in summer. I have a couple of pairs of stilettos, but rarely wear them. I also have a few pair of men's shoes which are gathering dust in the closet.

I'm most comfortable in a 3" heel, but occasionally go with 3.5", rarely 4". At 4" there is too much weight on the balls of my feet and the padding I had there when I was younger is no longer sufficient for comfort.

Steve

Edited by Steve63130

12 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

At 4" there is too much weight on the balls of my feet and the padding I had there when I was younger is no longer sufficient for comfort.

Steve

Steve get your self some gel pads. I get mine at ALDO. A former ALDO manager told me about them and gave me a couple of pairs. Now almost every heel I have have cushion Gel instep pads.  Don't step out without them.

• 4 weeks later...

luvheelsmuch,

I adore wedge sandals and mine are 4.5-7" tall. I'll wear wedge sandals well into the fall. During the cooler months I wear knee-high boots, ankle boots, or pump. None of my shoes has a heel under 4"/10cm. I like slingbacks and feel they are vastly underdone in the shoe market. I may wear other types of sandals with chunky or stiletto heels all the way down to 30F or -1C as my tolerance for cold is rather high.

Seve63130: I have bought gel pads and sometimes no-slip pads for my shoes depending on the type of shoe bottom. Get the right gel pads and you may be able to slip into your first 5"  or 12 cm heels. Just a thought!  HappyinHeels

For me

in general (a few exceptions exist) - but generally:

style order of preference

1. pumps pointy toes
  2. pumps rounded/almond toes
  3. pointy slingbacks
  4. peep toe pumps
  5. d'orsays
  6. mules
  7. sandals
  8. booties
  9. slingbacks with peeps   (only have 2 prs so not often at all)
  10. maryjanes (ankle straps)
  11. knee boots
  12. ankle boots
  13. oxfords
  14. thigh boots

heel:

• mainly stilettos
  • hardly any wedges except for pumps
  • never wear platforms     (1 or 2 exceptions out of hundreds of prs)

heights:

• all day - 4 to 5 inches in any style
  • evenings/events - 5 inches to 5.5 inches any style is fine
  • mules - evening wear - I wear as high as my foot can arch to (as you do)
  • sandals - for dressy stuff I opt for mules more as they have fewer straps issues going on!
  • slingbacks & mules - higher can be easier if dancing or standing a lot as the shoe stays on better with more arch in your foot
  • peeps - with a very tall heel can be a damn nuisance on your toes depending on the peep (kind of luck on your toe shape)

Edited by nzfreestyler

On 5/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, luvheelsmuch said:

I often wonder how many people prefer boots over pumps and how many like sling backs and how many people like wedges and how high of such do you prefer 

I prefer heeled sandals over pumps, prefer t-straps over pumps, and prefer ankle or calf boots over pumps. Guess you can say that I prefer most heel styles over pumps UNLESS the pumps are very well made and fit me like the proverbial glove.

To answer the original question , platform wedges .  I do have some of the other styles and they are just not as fun to wear anymore . They are being given away , donated and trashed more and more with each new purchase of wedges .

• Like 1

I tend to prefer classic court styles, pointed toe with stiletto heel mostly. But i like to mix it up a bit from time to time with other styles that catch my eye, wedges, peep toe, concealed platform.

• 2 months later...

This thread has gone a bit stale, but I only noticed it just now, and it seems like there is no harm in resurrecting it.

My favorite style by far is the mule (and its close cousin, the backless clog)--open toed for the summer, and closed-toed for the winter. I haven't done an inventory lately, but my approximately 60 pair shoe collection is probably comprised of 35 pairs of backless footwear, if that gives you any indication of my footwear biases. I prefer a heel height of between 4.5 and 5.5 inches, but with a platform no greater than 1 inch. The rise should ideally be at least 4 inches. In an ideal world, I like stiletto heels, and I have many pairs, but as a practical matter, I often wear thicker heels for the simple reason that they are more durable. There have been times where I have worn out stiletto heel tips in a single day, slightly thicker heels last 10 times as long.

My second favorite style is the oxford, which is the shoe I wore most often when I first started heeling. If I could find a selection of oxfords with decently high heels which did not look fetishy, I would buy more oxfords. The normal-looking oxfords seem to top out at about 4 inches of heel height, and there are a ton of them at 3.5 inches and lower that are super nice looking, but are just not for me.

My least favorite type of shoe? OK, my least favorite type of high heel! Birkenstocks don't count here. I would say it is the thigh-high boot. My apologies to thigh-high fans, but I have just never gotten it, why you would want boots to go over your knee, unless you were fly fishing. Ya'll know I value ankle flexibility a lot, not to mention a thing about knee flexibility! ;) ;) ;) At least I am logical and consistent, thigh-high boots being pretty much the opposite of open toed mules.

And I'm just the opposite - not as far as thigh boots go, I think they're a bit over the top too, and too often tend to be fetishy - but as far as peep toes and shoes/sandals in general. I've always been a boots wearer - usually hiking boots. Almost never shoes, other than for running or cycling.

As a boots wearer, though, I've always envied the broad range of styles, shapes and heights that were available to women. I was never that fussed about heels, but simply liked the taller styles - knee and (slightly) over-the-knee styles with low heels and ankle boots with chunky mid-heels, which seem in a way to be like sportier, more daring  versions of the ankle-height hiking boots I've lived in since college.