Heel protectors

Mitsysun1400

Hi guys n gals, I know it’s been discussed before but just to ask the question, are the heel protectors you can buy any good? Just a though as I attended a barbecue tonight, the weather has been very warm and dry here for several days so I wore a pair of dress slacks with my fairly old 3 1/2 pumps, it wasn’t so bad because the heels are very low to me so keeping the weight off them was very easy while stood, until my feet got a little tired and a few drinks had been drunk, I managed to snap some pictures at various stages which also show the shoes and slacks I wore but I’m struggling to upload them, getting error 200

Yes

There are different types. The best ones are rubberised (not plastic) and come in several sizes - In total 4 sizes I think -( I carry 3sizes  in my bag always) and they are sized to suit the heel thickness you are wearing. They range from approx 15mm to 5mm stilettos in approx 3mm size step to suit your heels.

They do stay on and they do work. Great for grass and gravel - they are large enough t stop the dreaded sinking which will happen with good stilettos no matter how hard the ground is I think.

Certainly stops heel damage to leather covered heels.

They do look ugly though! Mine are all black coloured and do not look good on white/nude/red/pink heels etc so I think they're emergency use only....

Hope this helsps - but definitely good ones do work, There are crappy plasticey ones that are useless

Cheers

• Like 1

Hate to state your premise is wrong. Lower heels actually put more pressure on the heel not the opposite. Higher the heel the more the weight is shifted forward until there is no heel at all. Good you kept your weight off the the heel but no surprise you got tired and you likely looked funny doing it. 

2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Hate to state your premise is wrong. Lower heels actually put more pressure on the heel not the opposite. Higher the heel the more the weight is shifted forward until there is no heel at all. Good you kept your weight off the the heel but no surprise you got tired and you likely looked funny doing it. 

Don't know what you're on about. I never said what you're referring to above ??  I just talked about heel protectors working to prevent heels sinking and how ugly they are.

I agree in general with the 'reduced weight distribution on taller heels' lemma although it is very much a generalisation. Mechanically our weight distribution is most affected by our centre of gravity - which is a factor of a persons height/girth. Then the frame of reference - surface standing on - slope/flat/hard surface - is the person moving - posture must be standardised as it is a function of/and a result of centre of gravity.. But I do agree with the general principles. 

I agree about higher heels making you put more weight on your toes but I just find it easier to keep weight off the heels for longer if I’m not already streching my ankles if you get me :giggle: some photos from the beginning of the night 

F1BFE227-1721-43D0-A384-D5A40B604EBB.jpeg

78F77372-83DB-427E-B80D-039EC65FD106.jpeg

Hi

Those heels would be fine with the heel protectors I have. Your heels aren't super stilettoey - so they're probably an average thickness of heel and the heel protectors in the right size fr the heel would work well.

Also - your heels aren't too high- so that luckily for you standing on tippy toes/ pushing your weight to your toes won't have been mega punishing on you.

Mind you - for my 10 cents worth - your shoes are getting grubby so some heel protectors to get you out of the dirt should help those pumps of yours look better!

1 hour ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi

Those heels would be fine with the heel protectors I have. Your heels aren't super stilettoey - so they're probably an average thickness of heel and the heel protectors in the right size fr the heel would work well.

Also - your heels aren't too high- so that luckily for you standing on tippy toes/ pushing your weight to your toes won't have been mega punishing on you.

Mind you - for my 10 cents worth - your shoes are getting grubby so some heel protectors to get you out of the dirt should help those pumps of yours look better!

No there not super thin but they have metal tips about 9mm, yeah that’s exactly how it was with them being low, but after a few drinks all that stopped, I think they’ll need more than protectors you haven’t seen the later on pictures haha!

Mitsysun, Didn’t you post a thread on April 13 asking a similar question??  I am confused....

Heel protectors work, sort of...   I just avoid soft ground or wear chunky heels or wedges, problem solved.  

Have fun....   sf

Edited by SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 5/12/2018 at 5:38 AM, SF said:

Mitsysun, Didn’t you post a thread on April 13 asking a similar question??  I am confused....

Heel protectors work, sort of...   I just avoid soft ground or wear chunky heels or wedges, problem solved.  

Have fun....   sf

I did indeed but just got me thinking again being in the situation, yeah I need to invest in some, or even a pair of stilettos with factory plastic tips still fitted or intact would help when the ground is firm!