Noisy Boots

igotnewshoes

Hi, I recently purchased a pair of thigh high block heel boots. They are absolutely fantastic. I am planning on wearing them for the first time out in public. However, any one have any idea's how to reduce the "clack" nose when you walk? I don't want to attract any more attention to my self then they might already do. Any idea's would be most appreciated. 

I think the acoustics with heels is something that is just there and there isn't much one can do, other than tread softly and not 'clomp'.

If you are otherwise dressed conservatively, and exude confidence, I sincerely doubt you will attract all that much attention - even wearing thigh boots. People go around in their own bubbles.  

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

sorry, i dont understand how this can be an issue. Your wearing thigh high boots !!

If you dont want to get attention wear something less obvious.

For me now that ive got over the 'inner me voices' and wear what i like, the noise and the look and the click of the stiletto or the clack of the heel is all part of it.

Just go with it. If you have the confidence to wear the boots, embrace it.

Let us know how you get on (and a pic please)

• Like 3

Regards

James

You got to learn to embrace the click, the clack.

One of my first heels where 2.5 inch booties and where extremely noisy, at least to me. I had the material on the heels replaced with rubber. Now they were soundless, But that was the only heel I've done it to. Many men's dress shoes now click and its refered to as the "Power Click".  

So avoid hard surfaces, concrete, tile, etc. floors until you learn to embrace the click. Then you can enjoy it.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

Funny you should mention that about men's dress shoes. Last week I was photographing a businessman and his dress shoes clicked like stilettos on the floor; I wasn't the only one to notice, a female video producer who was there noticed as well and was trying to quiet them for the video. They were just normal men's shoes, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about them at all. But they click-clacked...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Many years ago I took a pair of block heel knee boots in to have the worn out heels replaced - the cobbler explained that many block heels are hollow, and that makes them noisier. His suggestion was to use rubber pads on the bottom of the heel, and to fill the voids in the heel with silicone to help deaden the noise...

• Like 1

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Aly has the right answer.  Take them to a shoe repair place and ask to have the heels filled with silicone or foam, and rubber caps added.  That will do the trick.  I've done that to three different pairs of shoes/boots.

• Like 1

I understand your concern entirely Igotnewshoes....

I really enjoy wearing my boots, but don't want to draw attention with a lot of noise.  This is one reason I have invested in so many heel tip replacements for my classic RL black 4" stiletto boots.  The soles appear to be made of some sort of material like leather, might even be leather...I'm guessing the heels are made of actual wood, or some sort of material that absorbs sound.  Needless to say, boots like this could never be "silent", but the noise is certainly not enough to attract too much attention. 

I am probably wrong, but it seems like boots and shoes built with quality materials (not just hard plastic heels/soles) are more quiet than lower cost alternatives.  Please know I am not passing judgement on your boots for sure, I am just "theorizing"....

I like the shoemaker advice, a good one surely understands how boots/shoes are built and what materials to use or add to quiet them down a bit...D

Edited by pebblesf
additional comments
  • Like 1

Shyheels you will find more executives wear shoes that click, that's why it's now called the "Power Click".  I was walking next to a V.P. the other day and his shoes clicked louder than mine.

Thanks for all your feedback. The boots I have are only £60 from amazon. They have come from china, and I know they aren't the most quality boots. I want to wear the boots under my trousers. I just think they feel amazing, and love walking in heels.

I am going to invest in some rubber pads, and I stick them on the bottom. I will let you know how I get along. 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, igotnewshoes said:

Thanks for all your feedback. The boots I have are only £60 from amazon. They have come from china, and I know they aren't the most quality boots. I want to wear the boots under my trousers. I just think they feel amazing, and love walking in heels.

I am going to invest in some rubber pads, and I stick them on the bottom. I will let you know how I get along. 

do keep us posted - with stories and pics!

I agree with all the posts that the "click" or "clack" of the heels is just part of wearing heels. But I understand how you feel for the first time. That's why I always recommend that as a guy if you are going to wear heels in public for the first time, choose a less busy place to make that walk. That way you won't be, lack of a better term here, freaking out if someone hears the heels or notices you wearing them. It's kinda like when you try a new dish, you don't just take a big bite rather you take a little taste, see if you like it. Same goes with your first time walking in heels in public. Start small then take walks in busier venues.

Bottom line, people are going to look. Some may shake their head, some might even make a comment. Just take it in stride. And remember this, there will be people that compliment you on your heels which will make you feel great.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1