Weight Loss & Fashion Freestyling

JeffB

It was one year ago today that I undertook a serious personal project to better myself as I began a weight loss regimen, and that helped me look a whole lot better as a fashion freestyler. On May 1st of 2017, I weighed 243 pounds when I began my regimen, I had an all too considerable paunch, in fact, I joked with friends and coworkers that it looked like I was in my first trimester, I didn’t like how I looked and decided it was time for a change.

My strategy was dirt simple: cut out junk food and sweets and ramped up the exercise, nothing fancy or complicated. I hit the gym (Planet Fitness) three times a week, twice during the week and once on the weekend and worked hard to slim down, meanwhile, I took up eating healthier, salads, no fried or greasy foods, and, being a hopeless snacker, especially potato chips and pretzels, I eliminated that stuff in favor of peanuts and almonds and the occasional mozzarella stick as I enjoy a little cheese here and there. The results from my efforts paid dividends over time as the weight came off, by mid October, six plus months into my regimen, I was under 200 pounds and I was feeling and looking better, by the end of the year, I had dropped an astonishing fifty pounds and have been around 195 ever since, in fact, as I type these words of wit, I’m now at 192, something I never imagined happening when I began my regimen. The weight loss also affected me in the freestyling department, the skirts I had swam on me because they were suddenly too large as I had dropped a full THREE dress sizes. The difference as you can see in the pictures below is remarkable.

Last year, I was a size 16, today, I’m down to a full fledged size 10, I know this because I bought a couple of size 10 skirts at Sears this past weekend and they fit very well, in fact, I experimented with buying a couple of small, that’s SMALL size short sleeved swing dresses at Old Navy and, much to my surprise, they fit well too, weren’t at all tight or snug on me, that was astonishing. I’m loving how slim I look and how my skirts and dresses look all the better on me. Of course, as the old adage goes, taking off weight is easy, keeping it off is hard, but I’m determined to keep it off because I look smashing in my women’s wear, and it’s something I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone, not only will shedding pounds make you feel better and healthier in the long run, but you'll look better as well, especially when traipsing about in a skirt or dress.

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well done, you! That's brilliant. 

I too found myself getting a bit too chunky and likewise took steps - pretty much around the same time you did, cutting out junk food and hitting the gym every day except for when I was on assignment somewhere. It is amazing what one can do when one decides to do it. I now find myself wearing pretty much the same size jeans as I did in my early twenties when I was sabre fencing and running fairy quick marathons. And while I can't do a sub-2:35 marathon anymore - those days are over for keeps - I can at least look the part, and feel vastly better! So yes, I know how you pleased you must be  feeling, and understand your sense of achievement. 

As you say the trick is to keep it off, but I'm confident you'll manage it.   

Again - congratulations on a stunning achievement. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

Jeff 

that is absolutely outstanding!!!   You really put the effort in and the results are amazing.   Congratulations on your success!

• Like 1

You are amazing, and look great.  Sure wish I had the will power to slim down a bit...

Now it is time for you to enjoy one of the benefits, getting out in heels more often!

• Like 1

JeffB now the hard work begins. I was down to 157 but got hurt (couldn't walk for 5 months) and gained 35 pounds. Losing it another time is very hard. But I too like the way I look when I am skinny (besides it makes the EX very jealous).

• Like 2

Yes. That's the most difficult. As long as the weight decreases the motivation is important. Just keep it as it is when the goal is reached,that's hard! And the amount of food to keep the same weight or make it decrease  is nearly the same. 

In  case of a problem that doesn't allow to move enough,it's a nightmare. 

• Like 2

I find that if I weigh myself once a month I can manage anything before it gets too far. And just keep cycling and going to the gym, which I like anyway. Since January I have kept my weight plus or minus one pound - even through Easter when there was lots of chocolate around!

• Like 2

yes, one doesn't need anything drastic... to watch the intake and keep up moderate exercising... 

I lost almost 10kg about 3 years back, it felt great... but I have slowly gone up again. Working now on getting that down again (3 kgs down so far!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeremy1986 said:

yes, one doesn't need anything drastic... to watch the intake and keep up moderate exercising... 

I lost almost 10kg about 3 years back, it felt great... but I have slowly gone up again. Working now on getting that down again (3 kgs down so far!)

Congratulations. Losing weight ain't easy in this sedentary world we live in.   

• Like 3

Congrats, you look great!  I too have been trying to better myself, mostly because at my last annual physical, my blood work numbers were pretty bad.  Triglycerides, high cholesterol,  high blood pressure, and worst of all pre-diabetic.  I mean pretty much across the board, I was treading on dangerous waters.  I decided I have to try to improve if I want to stick around much longer... I started around 235,  I've lost about 25 pounds so far in the last 5 months and have about 25 more to go to reach my goal of 185 by the end of summer.   Seeing your pictures is helping to inspire me to keep on going   :clap:Cheers

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, Shyheels said:

Congratulations. Losing weight ain't easy in this sedentary world we live in.   

Thanks! :) 

17 hours ago, hhboots said:

Congrats, you look great!  I too have been trying to better myself, mostly because at my last annual physical, my blood work numbers were pretty bad.  Triglycerides, high cholesterol,  high blood pressure, and worst of all pre-diabetic.  I mean pretty much across the board, I was treading on dangerous waters.  I decided I have to try to improve if I want to stick around much longer... I started around 235,  I've lost about 25 pounds so far in the last 5 months and have about 25 more to go to reach my goal of 185 by the end of summer.   Seeing your pictures is helping to inspire me to keep on going   :clap:Cheers

Keep it up! And you gotta... 'cos it wont be any easier doing it further down the road!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Yes, keeping off the weight is the tough part of the job, but I'm more than up for the challenge as I love looking slim and trim which makes me look great in my skirts and dresses. Even though I've dropped to a size 10 which is amazing in itself, given where I was a year ago, I won't rule out trying to go down to 8, but, I'm happy at where I'm at presently.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Good for you Jeff, that is awesome! Your regimen is a great way to go, cut out junk and sweet stuff and it does drop, add in exercise and bang there it is. You look fabulous in that April 28th photo, really good fit !  Yes once the weight is off it is hard to maintain that fine size. But once you have the feeling of nice outfit ,  it brain locked and that is motivational. It is very easy to slip back and forth between active and non active states. Keep it up, everything to strive for. I commend you on your success and inspiration for the rest of us! Mtnsofheels.

• Like 1

That's a great result Jeff, well done! 

I was pushing 280lbs myself a couple of years ago, and I've dropped to around 250 now, and I'm trying hard to loose more. I'll be happy if I can get down to about 200, or maybe a bit less, so fingers crossed. 

Its funny with the freestyle fashion thing, how you really need to loose the belly to make things work. I look at how some larger girls get away with outfits that just won't work on a larger guy, and then you realise how much a little boob overhang can hide! Not that I feel the need for boobs myself, but they do seem to make things easier ;) 

• Like 1

Congratulations Jeff. Not only looks better, but must be feeling much better. Not to mention lower risk of health problems. 

Maintaining lower weight is a problem and it can be easy to slip back to bad diet. I went from around 65kg in my 20s to 100kg in 40s. My 50th birthday approaching something kind of snapped in my head and changed diet and exercise habits literally overnight, from fatness to fitness as my daughters say. Over 20kg lost in half a year and started running 2-3 times weekly.

Have gained about 3 kg back over past 4 years, so obviously maintaining good diet is difficult. Reasonable portions, trying to avoid junk food altogether etc. One must really get sort of "never again a couch potato" mindset and have much self-discipline. For my part, trying old size XXL jeans or ugly trainers two sizes larger than my current shoe size helps to motivate.

Edited by Micce
typo
  • Like 2